Pride and Prejudice

Miss Unromantic

Dara's wraps her arm around herself as she walks on the desolated streets of Seoul, it wasn't all that chilly but she felt incredibly cold. She couldn't exactly define what she felt right now, was it anger? Hurt? Disappointment? Humiliation? Heart break? All she knew was that there's a growing churn in her stomach and her chest felt like it was splitting underneath the skin. She felt delirious, was this what it felt like to be on top of the a mountain before you someone pushes you off the cliff? The sense of betrayal would certainly be equal, and the overwhelming pain. Now that she had felt what it was like to be loved by Kwon Jiyong, she didn't know whether she could be the same without it.

The clack of the girl's shoes fades into the night, her footsteps slow, her thoughts going millions of miles an hour.

 

"Hey Dara! How was the..." Bom rushed to the door to greet her the moment Dara arrived home, "date?" She trailed off when she saw Dara's stricken face.

"ing great." the younger girl replied, voice like poison, wrenching her heels off her feet and throwing them on the ground as if they had done some personal offence to her.

Bom gasped, it wasn't like her bestfriend to swear. "Dara, are you feeling alright?" 

"ing great." 

Now Bom was certain there was something wrong, without a second thought she enveloped her friend in a hug. "I'm here to talk if you need me." 

The red head then released her friend, heading to the kitchen to make tea. 

"Why does it always happen to me?" Dara muttered, but Bom heard nonetheless.

"What do you mean?" She hands her a warm mug.

"Jerks! This! Why?" 

Bom became slightly alarmed but she guessed the gist of what the other girl was telling her. "Did you and Jiyong.. perhaps have a fight?"

"He doesn't love me Bom! He doesn't love me. Probably never did." Dara wiped her eyes furiously.

"But Dara, how can that be true? Have you seen the way he...--"

"--I've seen it alright. I have seen the way he talked about me as if I'm nothing more than a robot, a piece of machinery for him to manipulate. I have seen the way he flirts up a storm with other girls." Dara felt her anger climbing. "I can't believe I trusted him for a single second."

Bom opened to say something but Dara continued. "But I have also seen, the way he cares in little things like how he chased Wooyoung away or when he beat Minho up after thinking he was cheating on me. He even drank a drugged drink for me. Not to mention, I've seen the way he looks at me, Bom. I really thought we shared something special, I really did."

"Oh Dara." 

"Am I not worthy to be loved by someone? Am I not pretty enough, cute enough, y enough? What is it about me that is so unalluring that no one can ever like me? That no one would come near me without an ulterior motive? To think I was silly enough to think I was going to have a happy ending like everything other person. I should just accept fate."

"Dara, what kind of bull are you sprouting now? Is GD's stupidity contagious? What are you talking about? You are great just the way you are! There is not one person in this, not one, who don't deserve love. Stop looking at yourself so lowly. If you, Dara can fall in love with Jiyong, what's so impossible about him loving you? Stop playing the pity game Dara, you're always good enough. Why is it that girls always think they're not good enough whereas even the most nasty of boys think they're the best thing out there? It's ridiculous! Did Jiyong personally tell you, word for word that he doesn't love you? Did he say it was because you're lacking? Did he?"

"No." Dara looked down at her hands, "No he didn't."

 

Dara arrived at school the next day, sporting a pale blue lace shirt and white jeans that hugged her figure, she walked with her head held high. Even if it was true that Jiyong didn't like her anymore, she was going to stop hiding in the shadows; she had decided this before, and no matter what the deal with her possiblly ex boyfriend is, she wasn't going to go back own her promise. Why did she ever think she had to hide her own beauty for the sake of others? She really didn't care that much about what other people think anymore, and well, if the scenario of a boy wanting to use her for her popularity ever popped up again, then good luck to him because she wouldn't hesitate to kick them in the face. 

Luckily, no kicking of anyone's face was required, the other pupils didn't seem to give any second thoughts to Dara's new style. Everyone had their own lives and Dara certainly wasn't the centre of their universe, why should they notice her change? It seemed like Dara's fear was for nothing after all.

"Hey Dara, you look nice." Taeyang's bright smile greeted the girl as she entered the classroom.

"Thanks Youngbae, super sweet as always." Dara returned his smile, "Where's GD?"

"He is skipping class again." The boy sighs.

"Where?"

 

Dara found the boy under the stairs, curled into a ball with headphones blaring so noisily that she could hear it loud and clear from at least 5 metres away. Taking a deep breath, she walked towards the figure. "Now or never." She whispered to herself.

"Explain yourself." Dara demanded evenly after yanking away Jiyong's headphones. 

The boy looked rather surprised, he hadn't heard her approach which was no surprise, the mere fact that the boy could still hear at all was more surprising.

"Why ask me to explain? It seems like you've already made up your mind about what to believe." Jiyong scoffed and the girl winced.

"Jiyong I was shocked, I didn't know what else to do. I admit that I may have jumped to conclusion, but your attitude really isn't helping!" She couldn't believe that after she had picked up the courage to hear what he had to say, risked the chance of hearing from his own lips that what they had was a lie, put down her pride but here he was, acting like an arrogant jerk again.

"GD, you either clear things up right now, tell me whether what that girl said was true, or we're over." With that Dara turned and around and began to walk away.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi lovelies~~ It's nice to see you again!

I was originally going to write the whole ending in this chapter but is already longer than I thought it would be so I will leave the ending for the next chapter since I don't want to rush the ending ~

Hope you enjoyed the update!

Comments give me strength ^U^

Love,

-adorateur- <3

-