Caught

Miss Unromantic

Dara twisted and turned in her bed. She couldn't fall asleep, there were a billion thoughts swirling in her head and her lips were still tingling in a strange yet pleasant way. The girl snuggled deeper into her covers as she flashed back to what she so recklessly did, blushing crazily. She slapped herself lightly on the cheek, trying to prevent the warmth from spreading on her cheeks. Luckily for Dara, the day after the unexpected kiss was Sunday, and she had a chance to cool down a bit, or in other words, she was able to avoid GD a little longer.

Gaah this is so frustrating!!!  Dara kicked at her blankets childishly.

"What's wrong with your Dara? You're acting strangely." A lumpy form from Bom's bed questioned.

 

Damn! I forgot that Bom is still living here for the time-being.

 

"When are you going back home, Bom?" Dara replied rather rudely, avoiding the older girl's question.

 

"Ouch! Harsh!" Bom held a manicured hand over her chest in a mock-offended gesture, "I see you obviously do not want to talk about it. But you know that only makes me more curious. So come on, spill."

 

Seeing the girl wasn't going to let the matter drop, Dara resorted to pretending that she had already fallen asleep and avoided the interrogation. Bom sighed, realising she wasn't going to get anything out of her bestfriend for the time being, she too drifted off to dream land...

 

The next day, Dara kept herself busy doing everything she could, doing her homework, chores and even worked out at the local gym. Anything to keep her mind from wandering... However her efforts were in vain because the moment her exhausted body struck the mattress of her comfy bed, the disturbing thoughts she had tried to shoo away like flies were back to buzzing at her ear.

Why did I kiss Jiyong?! The girl buried her face into her duvet. Aish this is so embarrassing, why can't someone just smother me with a pillow so I can die?  Dara sighed dramatically. That's it, there's no way she's going to school tomorrow.

 

~~~

 

"Rise and shine Darabbit!" The annoyingly cheerful voice of Bom pierced at the ear drums of a previously sound asleep Dara.

 

"Bommie, I can't get up... I think I am sick." The girl placed a frail hand over her forehead and added a couple pitiful coughs for good measure.

 

"Are you now?" The older girl raised a suspicious eyebrow. Dara's stomach squirmed uncomfortably. "Well I guess it was pretty chilly on Friday night and you might have caught a cold when you were sending GD home. I will go tell Byul unnie."

 

Dara sighed in relief, it seemed that her plan had worked like a charm and she was free to stay at home for the day. Acting skills, I still got them! She smirked to herself happily.

 

"Dara, are you really sick?" Hanbyul worried face shot into Dara's field of vision. The younger girl nodded in response, trying hard to ignore the gnawing feeling that was building inside her.

 

"Alright, stay home and look after yourself ok? I will make chicken noodle soup for you." Byul tucked the blankets around Dara more comfortably and promptly left the room.

Once the door had been gently shut behind her sister. The brunette heaved a sigh and tried to fall back into the peaceful lull of sleep.

 

For the rest of the day Dara was as free as a bird and soon the heavy stone at the pit of her stomach shrunk into nothingness. The girl was munching on a potato chip while watching her favourite Korean drama when the door bell beckoned her to open the door. Disgruntled, she paused the show wistfully on her laptop and trudged towards the front entrance. She unlocked the door and swung it open half-heartedly, Bom has got to stop forgetting to bring her keys. But when Dara vocalised her thoughts on the matter she realised the person she was talking to was not her best friend.

"I thought you were sick, but if you are well enough to scold people, you should have been well enough to go to school."

Just hearing the familiar yet seemingly foreign voice made the hairs stand on the back of the girl's neck. It was as if she was hearing GD's voice for the first time. It was so smooth, so charismatic, so him.  Dara managed to snap out of her internal fan-girling with great difficulty and stuttered:

"Y...You should stop coming to my house uninvited."

 

"Ooh... Snarky are we?" the boy teased. The brunette in turn, lowered her gaze onto her fluffy slippered feet.

 

Neither of them said anything for a while, just soaking in the awkwardness. No one dared to look directly at the other. Finally, Jiyong broke the silence.

 

"So, are you going to invite me in?" He started making his way to the door without waiting for an answer. Only to be blocked by the girl.

 

"No."

 

"Why not?" The surprised male looked at her quizzically, they had been getting on so well last night but today they were as cold as frost. When his question wasn't humoured with an answer, he continued. "You're not embarrassed about last night are you?"

 

Dara's eyes widened into saucers and her heart fell into a dark abyss. He knew. Regaining her composure with effort, the girl replied as calmly as she could possibly muster.

 

"I don't know what you are talking about."

 

"I guess since you're not going to confess until the day you die, I better spell it out for you. I'm talking about a certain girl taking advantage of a certain knocked-out boy."

 

"Ha! As if anyone would want to take advantage of an egotistic doofus such as yourself!" Dara's invisible grip on her facade tightened.

 

"Admit it! You kissed me! I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it! It's not like the first time we...MMPH" The boy's ranting was cut off abruptly as the door was slammed shut in his face.

Sandara, leaned her back against the entrance, panting with one hand over her thundering heartbeat. That was way too close for comfort. He may think I'm coward but so be it. I refuse to commit the same mistake again.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all my lovely subbies and readers!
Sorry for the slow update and thanks for your patience :)
I hope you enjoyed this chapter ~
Comments are much appreciated :D

Love, -adorateur- <3

 

And vote please!