Presentation

Miss Unromantic

I know it's not the weekend yet, but I wanted to thank all my lovely readers and subbies for waiting patiently for my updates ^-^

P.S. Italics are thoughts, while bold and italics are meant to be French, since I don't want to add confusion by writing French and then translating it :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narration:

Dara opened her eyes sleepily as the birds' chirping woke her up from her slumber. A sudden realisation  caused her to immediately shut them again. Tight. It was the day that she and Jiyong had to present their dialogues for French.

GAAAHH is it too selfish of me to wish for a volcanic eruption just so school would be cancelled?

Dara stayed in her covers for a while, and thought about all the different ways she could avoid doing her presentation.

This is what she came up with in her head:

1. Pretend to be sick

2. Tie Jiyong to his bed so he can't leave the house, therefore not being able to do the partner presentation

3. Beg older sister to call the school and say that their grandma died (10 years ago, but they don't need to know that)

4. Burn down the school building

The ideas sounded feasible in her head, but Dara realised that she could never actually do any of those things. Instead, she dragged herself out of bed and started getting dressed. She pulled a checkered black and white t-shirt from her closet and a pair of baggy denim shorts. 

Soon, Bom was out of bed too, and watched on sleepily as Dara started to pack her books into her bag.

"Darabbit, why are you up so early? It's only 6 o'clock..." Bom yawned as if to make a point.

"I don't know... I'm too anxious about the presentation today to sleep." Dara replied.

"Well, that's why you should have written a speech instead of winging it!" The older girl chided, but melted slightly upon seeing Dara's depressed puppy face. "But seriously, don't worry about it. Onew and I's presentation is going to be about how he is cheating on me with chicken. CHICKEN!"

Dara guffawed at Bom's outburst. Her alien friend really knew how to make her feel better.

 

 

~~~///~~~

 

 

"Ooh la la~ I did not think you were the type Onew! How could you?! And with HER!" Bom sobbed theatrically.

 

"I'm sorry Bom, her enticing scent and gorgeous legs have captured my heart. I know it may be hard to accept, but, I'm in love with chicken!"

The whole class broke out in laughter and applause. Bom and Onew grinned and bowed dramatically then returned to their seats.

"Now for Miss Park and Mr Kwon." the teacher nodded towards Dara and Jiyong.

 

"Dara, I have something to tell you." GD started.

 

"Okay... Then tell me."

 

"I like you and I want you to go out with me."

 

Fan-girls' squeals filled the classroom upon Jiyong's straight-forward confession, even Dara pinked slightly before quickly regaining her composure. The teacher shushed the girls impatiently.

 

"Thanks for liking me Jiyong, but I'm not looking for a relationship right now."  Or ever! Dara added silently.

 

The class booed at the rejection, even the teacher!

 

"Why the hell not Dara? I don't believe that you don't even have the slightest feelings for me." Jiyong asked in exasperation. Dara took note of what a good actor he was.

 

"Cut down the swearing Mr Kwon." the teacher warned.

 

"Well of starters, I'm sure you don't even have a good reason to like me." Dara responded matter-of-factly. The French rolling of her tongue easily, much to her surprise.

 

"Do I need a reason? I'm not trying to write an argumentive essay here!  You want a reason? Well I don't have one. I have no concrete reason as to why I feel this way, but every time you smile, I'm happy, when I see you cry, I want to take away all your pain and replace it with happiness. Why can't you see that I'm the right one for you baby?"

 

"WAAH! Just accept him already Dara!" Bom shouted, while wiping her eyes. Bom you traitor.

 

"ACCEPT HIM! ACCEPT HIM! ACCEPT HIM!" Everyone chanted.

 

Dara felt faint, fragments of memories swirled in her head...

 

It felt like a suffocating deja-vu...

 

 

The other kids in the corrindor urging."KISS KISS KISS KISS"

 

The cold, unfeeling lips curshing hers.

 

The cruel and heartless charades...

 

Angry and helpless tears brimmed Dara's eyes and threathened to overflow; without a second's hesitation, Dara ran out of the classroom...

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! I am so happy to update!!

Thanks so much for waiting patiently for the update! ^-^

If you're confused about the last part of the chapter and Dara's flashbacks, you can re-read chapter 15: "Memories & Promises".

As for a bit of GD's speech, it was inspired by "That XX". Anyone picked that up?

 

Exciting (?) News!! I have another story idea that I am really estatic about!! But since I already have two unfinished fic and a lot of school work, I might start it a bit later :\

 

Please comment and subscribe ^-^

 

Love, -adorateur- <3