Jealousy

Miss Unromantic

A/N: Yay it's the weekend which means another update~!
I'm getting so busy these days *sigh* But I shall definitely keep my word about updating every weekend. ^-^
As you may have noticed, I'm making some changes to my stories, thoughts will now be in intalics and sounds and actions in asterix *. 
There may be a bit of French in this chapter, so if there are any non-English words you don't understand, please check Google Translate, or ask me in the comments! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Narration

 

"Bonjour, everyone! I know you all think that French is just a bludge subject. Well, no more! From today onwards, I am going to start giving out assignments!" 

All the students grunt collectively in disappointment and annoyance but were soon silenced by the teacher's deadly glare.

 

"As well I was saying, assignments. I will be pairing you up for an oral presentation."

 

Everyone's eyes seemed to light up at the revelation that they could work in pairs.

 

"Yes, don't act so surprised people. Even though it will be a boy-girl pairing, it is a time for serious working and NOT flirting, understood?! This presentation needs to go 10 minutes and will count 10% towards your grades this term." 

 

It seems that the later parts of her instructions went unheard, as squeals of: "I hope I get paired up with so-and-so!!" resonated in the classroom.

Dara shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Just how many girls in this classroom is in love with Jiyong?
She looked around the room, wondering if there was someone she didn't mind getting paired up with. Though there were more than a few boys who were looking at her longingly, her obvious choice for a partner was GD, after all, she was already friends with him. To her pleasant surprise, he was looking back at her too, and sent her a small wink that shot shivers down her spine.

Time to dress warmer... she thought logically.

The whole class sat on the edge of their seats, their eyes sparkled with interest as the teacher read out the pairings.

"Bom et Onew."

"Kevin et Jessica."

"Kikwang et Sunny"

"Jiyong et..."

 

Please please please please please... Dara crossed her fingers while she shut eyes tight.

 

"...Sohee."

 

Le what?

 

Dara looked helplessly at GD while he also had his eyes widened in disbelief. Sohee just smirked ever-so slightly.

 

The teacher continued to call out the pairings but Dara had already zoned-out.  Aish! That Sohee girl is surely going to die in my hands one of these days... Dara thought drily, but even though she felt frustrated, she couldn't help but feel amused at the situation. So when Sohee turned around to look at her mockingly, Dara shrugged and made a face at her good-naturedly, which almost caused Sohee to laugh out loud in the middle of class. Sandara later found out she was paired with Taeyang.

"The reason I am pairing les filles avec les garcons is because I want to do a role-play. The guys will pursue the girl and try to ask her out, and then the girl can choose whether to accept or reject. But of course, this is just role-play so I don't expect any of you to go out after this project is finished. However if any of you do become a couple after this, you've got me to thank!"

 

~~~///~~~

 

Jiyong's POV

 

After class, I walked dejectedly out of the classroom. So I am stuck with my stalker while Taeyang got paired up with Dara? Ughh talk about unfair! Nothing is going right for me at the moment.

I even saw the little exchange between her and Sohee earlier, didn't Dara mind Sohee getting paired up with me and not her? Wasn't she even a little indignant? After all, as far she knew, Sohee had even asked me out before!

Just my luck that I have to act with Sohee as my love-interest...

 

*I don't need a man, I don't need a man WHAT? I don't need a man, I don't need a man, Chinja?...*

"Yobseyo? Ooh Minho-ah! What's up?"

My ears instinctively perked up and listened to Dara's phone conversation as soon as I heard the name "Minho". She has even changed her ringtone. Who is she trying to fool? Pshhhh.

 

"Haha. I see... Alright. Mmm hmm... Yep. Ok I'll meet you at Cafe  in 15 minutes."

 

What? She is seeing him now? I knew it, since the day at the mall I knew that they were going to become more than friends, I just didn't think it would be so soon... I don't know why I feel so annoyed, I could just about feel the acid boiling angrily in my stomach!

As if universe had hear my cry, another distraction was soon sent my way...

"G-Dragon oppaaaaa!! I think we are fated to be together!" Sohee gushed shamelessly. Ohh pleeease...
 

I grunted like caveman in response. She didn't seem to get the message that I didn't want to talk to her, as she continued blabbering on.

"Oppaaa! Let's prepare for the oral over a cup of coffee!"

I had no energy to argue with her, I already felt completely drained after finding out about Dara's date with Minho. I let myself be dragged away by a very hyper Sohee.

 As we approached the cafe I noticed two familar silhouettes near the window, I quickly looked for the name of the cafe, it couldn't be such a coincidence could it?

'Cafe'

Yes, yes it could...

 

 

~~~///~~~

 

"Jiyong?"

 

"Heyy Dara... Minho." I greeted awkwardly.

Way to go GD, that was soo cool

 

"Hey man! Jiyong right? What's up?" Minho grinned at me and raised his hand for a hi-five which I ily rejected.

*BURN*

"Self-five~!" Minho slapped his upraised hand with his other hand cheekily which made Dara burst out in laughter.

Don't laugh Dara! That was lame!

 

"G oppaa!! How long are you going to keep standing there? We need to get on with our date!" Sohee whined.

 

Wait a second, what date??

 

I shot daggers at the girl but she just annoyingly ignored me. I looked in Dara's direction, wondering what her reaction would be but she seemed to have not heard Sohee's crazed outburst.

 

"Yah! Ahn Sohee! What are you doing?! We're not on a date!" I hissed.

"I know oppa, don't worry, I've already moved on from you, since your rude text message the other day." Sohee replied nonchantly.

"Good to know. So why are you doing this then?" Get to the point girl, I don't understand what you're trying to do.

"Well you obviously like Dara unnie..."

"No I don't! We're just friends!" I whisper-shouted.

"Oh pleease~ I know a jealous person when I see one and you were jealous of Minho-sshi back there. And why shouldn't you? He is totally gorgeous, charming, tall and..." she blabbed but I cut her off.

"Wow, way to not rub it in..." I said sarcastically.

"Opps, sorry. My point is, you should try and get Dara to be jealous as well. This way she will realise she likes you too!"

"Wait, hold up! I never said I like her!"

"Whatever, King of Denial. Besides I think it already worked!"

"Really? How could you tell?"

Sohee smirked in triumph, "Because when I said we were on a date, she had this kind of weird expression on her face."

"But I didn't see anything!" I said stupidly.

"Of course you didn't, you doof! You don't understand girls enough to read their emotions!" She really seemed to enjoy calling me names.

"So you're really over me?" I asked carefully.

"Yep! 100 percent!" She answered confidently.

"So, you're not using this opportunity to get lovey-dovey with me?"

"Ani~! Oppaaa how can you say such a thing?!" my ex-stalker whined.

"Just making sure..."

 

~~~///~~~

 

Narration

Dara couldn't keep her curiosity at bay as she kept stealing glances at Jiyong and Sohee who were seemingly in a heated conversation. Suddenly she didn't feel like stuffing the rest of the cheesecake Minho had treated her to in . felt dry and there was a prickling feeling at her chest.

"Are you alright Noona?" Minho asked with concern, noticing that Dara seemed to be spacing out.

"Nehh... Please continue with what you were saying..."

"Sohee, je t'aime. Voudrais-vous devenir ma petite-amie?" Jiyong's words made Dara snap her head in their direction.

"Oui Jiyong, c'est mon plaisir!" Sohee replied sweetly.

Omo! What are they doing??....

Are they flipping going out now?!

Okay calm down Dara, they're just play acting for the French project!

But Sohee just said that they're on a DATE!!

All these thoughts swirled around like a whirlpool in Dara's brain, until she felt suffocated by them.

"Sorry Minho-ah, I've got to go. Let's talk another time." Dara practically ran out of the cafe without sparing a second to hear Minho's reply...

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all my lovely subbies and readers for getting me to 80 subscribers!

Hope you're enjoying the story so far!

Please comment and subscribe! ^-^

Love, -adorateur- <3

 

P.S. Does anyone think that I should change my poster, since the title of the story has been changed?