Visiting the Dragon's Den

Miss Unromantic

Dara stared intently at her phone; come on, pick up! When she was confronted yet again with the empty echo of the dial tone, the brunette dumped the phone harshly on her bed, making it bounce against the mattress.

Why isn't that Dragon answering my calls. Dara blew the hair from her face. Brows scrunched, the girl tapped at the keys of her Samsung, after the flurry of typing stopped, she hesitated for a few seconds, and pressed 'Send'.

 

----------------------

New message from: 'That Girl'-

Ji, can we talk?

-------------------

Dara sighed, the boy wasn't replying her text. A tightness settled around her chest, it was uncomfortable to say the least, but the brunette's frown was soon transformed into a sad smile. I must really  like him after all... She checked her phone hopefully for the hundreth time, pouting when she saw no response. Thinning her lips back into a ftirm line, Dara hesitated, wondering whether she was ready for what she was about to do. The answer popped almost immediately into her mind, and the girl stood up with new determination; grabbing her sneakers, she charges down the stairs.

"Where are you going in such a hurry Darabbit?" Bom questioned as her bestfriend whizzed past with great speed.

 

"To see Jiyong." hopefully. But she left the word unsaid. 

 

The expression of surprise on the redhead's face soon morphed into joy, "About time! Go get him Tigress!"

 

Dara rolled her eyes slightly at the older girl's exaggerated excitement, but continued her way out of the house; if she stalled any longer, she may lose her courage again and who knows when she will get it back again? She made her way to her trusty silver motorbike and secured the helmet firmly over her head; memories of that night resurfacing. She could almost feel Jiyong's arms wrapped tightly around her waist, as they shared the seat of the bike . Dara's cheeks flamed and she shook her head firmly, no she couldn't think about that right now. After making sure she was calm, (or calmER), she stepped on the acceleration and zoomed onto the road. Concentrating hard on the traffic and repressing the distracting thoughts that threatened to consume her. This is going to a long ride...

She stopped at the sight of the familiar house, and suddenly the usually calm and collected girl had dwindled down to a tangle of nerves. Her stomach was in knots and her heart was thumping so furiously that she could feel them drumming against her ribs in an addicting rhythm. She made it to the front of the door with quick, quivering strides. After gulping down big lungfuls of air, Dara pressed the doorbell. A beat later, the oak door swings open, Dara's face lighting up at the being able to see the boy that she had come to love only to fall and darken at the sight of an unfamiliar girl behind the doorway. 

"Who are you?" Dara blurted, she realised she sounded incredibly rude, but if she didn't know the answer to the question, she would surely go mad.

 

The girl half laughed-half snorted in response. "Well well well, shouldn't I be the one asking who YOU are? After all, you're the one who turned up unannounced- and dare I say - uninvited." With that statement, the door was shut firmly in Dara's face.

 

Dara winced, she could hear the rude stranger's footsteps as she rushes up the staircase inside, as well as the muffled sound of a groan and "Why can't I just spend some quality alone time with Oppa without getting interrupted?"

 

She couldn't decide whether she should feel guilty at those words or not, but soon decided that it wasn't as if GD liked the other female, who knows, he could have a brother that the girl was referring to, it wasn't impossible. Besides, even if it was Jiyong, why should she feel bad? She was going to be a rival, not some good girl who will just step out of the way politely! As far as she knew, Jiyong didn't have a girlfriend or even a girl he particularly liked outside of the girls in 2NE1. Assured that perhaps the girl had no connection to GD, Dara dialed Jiyong's number again, and when her call was again ignored, she texted him, informing him that she was outside his house. Her lips curled into a smile when she heard hurried steps descending the stairs. Of course Jiyong would come down to see me, I'm his friend aren't I? Renewed confidence swelled in her chest. The door opened to reveal Jiyong, but to Dara's surprise he wasn't alone, the girl from earlier was glued to his side. 

"Ahh Park, what are you doing here? I thought you were busy, busy getting back together with..." he trails off, "Never mind, I'm a little busy here myself, so can you excuse us?" With that he wraps an arm around the female next to him and headed back inside the house without sparing her another glance.

Frozen, the brunette makes her way towards her motorbike, she places the helmet on her head robotically, and with a last hurt look at the house, zooms off. She wasn't sure where exactly she was going at the moment but she knew she had to get away, away from the betrayal she had just felt; it was too bad that she couldn't get away from herself. She stops at the sight of a desolate playground,t was barren and deserted, just as she hoped. The girl leaves her bike under the shade of some trees, but her helmet stayed on her head as she trudged towards the playset slowly before speeding up to almost a run. She stops just short of the swings swaying in the light breeze, and hops on to one of them, clinging on to the chains tightly before kicking hard off the ground and forcing the swing into motion. Behind the helmet, tears streamed freely down Dara's face, the helmet was serving its purpose well and even if anyone walked past they would only see a random person in a silver motorbike helmet and not someone crying their heart out. The only problem is, it is incredibly stuffy inside the head-gear, not to mention it impacted her head when she swung high into the air. Deciding that she couldn't care less if random strangers saw her crying, Dara removed her clunky helmet, at once she was gratified by her decision by a refreshing breeze that ran its gentle hand through her hair and dried her tears. As she dangled on the swing, all her questions from before came rushing back; who was the girl? Jiyong had never mentioned a girl friend, let alone a girlfriend! She hasn't seen the other girl around their school either, so who could she be and how did she know GD? They did seem quite close, Dara admitted reluctantly. Did I perhaps, miss my chance already? A new wave of tears spilled from her eyes at the thought. 

 

~~~

"It was nice to have a visit from you Jennie, but next time you decide to come over, call first won't you?" Jiyong showed the girl to the door.

 

"Alright oppa! Jeez, what's the need of all those formalities with your own cousin?" She pouted. "By the way, who was that girl?"

 

"No...Nobody." Jiyong replied, with an expression that suggested otherwise. "Probably rang the wrong door bell." 

 

"Right..." The girl seemed unconvinced. "Then, why did she text for you to come down? Do you think I'm an idiot?" 

 

"Fineee. She's my friend." He relented at last. "In fact, I think I may have feelings for her."

 

"What?! Why didn't you say so earlier?! I thought she was another one of your crazy fangirls so I lashed out at her like a total and slammed the door in her face..." Jennie pulled at her in frustration. 

 

"You what?!" The boy's eyes widened.

 

"And I even acted possessive of you so she would get the message to piss off..." Her voice trailed off. Jiyong sighed at his cousin's antics.

 

"I'm sorry if I screwed stuff up for you, really." The girl apologised sincerely, how was she supposed to know that Dara was the love of her cousin's life?

 

"Don't worry Jennie, it's not like I have a chance anyway. She has a boyfriend." Jiyong assured, sounding bitter in the process.

 

"Huh?! Really? Anyways, good luck oppa. I'm going now." she waved cheerfully, and disappeared out the door.

 

The boy sighed as he watched her leave, finally he could let down his calm and indifferent facade. That afternoon, he was originally planning on just sleeping his troubles away or going drinking with the rest of Bigbang, but the appearance of his cousin threw that option out of the window for the time being. Either way, Jiyong was grateful for the distraction, after all, he hadn't seen Jennie in a while, and the bubbly and hyperactive youngster had kept him distracted for a bit, and for a while the image of Dara hugging Wooyoung wasn't haunting his mind. But now, it was back in full force and Jiyong collasped on his bed clutching his head.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my lovelies~ 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ The story is about to finish, can you feel it? :P

Have a great holiday you all :3 

And in case I don't update by then, an early Merry Christmas <3

 

Love, -adorateur- <3