Final

Miss Unromantic

Jiyong's eyes widened in alarm and he realised that what was about to happen was very real and that if he didn't do something, the best thing that had ever happen to him since he met the rest of the bigbang boys was going to walk out of his life.

There was no denying that he was hurt too, the way Dara had believed a complete stranger's malicious words about him so easily. Didn't she trust him? Did she think he was trash like many other members of the female thought he was once they had seen what he was capable of? He guessed that the catching up of his past was inevitable, but didn't he at least deserve a chance to explain himself. That was exactly what Dara had just offered, and he was almost too arrogant and stubborn to take it. He sprinted after her.

"Dara, wait. Please, wait." He grasped her arm with unintentional force, needing to feel that she was still there, that she hadn't dissipated into thin air just yet.

For a moment they stared at each other, the boy saw the relief that shone in his girlfriend's eyes and he was suddenly infinitely glad that he had finally took up some courage and went after her. Dara looked at him expectantly.

"What she told you was true," Dara's shoulders slumped at his words, "except the part where she said that I was only using you."

Jiyong took a tentative step towards the girl in front of him, "Dara, I remember the first time I met you like it was only yesterday. I remember feeling angry when you ignored me and how unexplainably desperate I wanted to gain your attention. I guess that's the first time I realised you were different from all the other girls I have associated myself with. I admit there was one stage when I wanted to get revenge on you for rejecting me in front of the class, but I realised that just might have just been because I cared so much that I couldn't deal with the embarrassment." He takes Dara hand in his. "I know our journey has not been smooth, but now that we're here and we should enjoy it instead of worrying don't you think?"

Dara nodded at her boyfriend. "I guess you're right."

"One more thing," Jiyong looked at her seriously, "I love you."

 

When Dara and Jiyong arrived in class later an hour late, hair messy and lips swollen, the class's usual hubbub had hushed as everyone turned and stared. The couple were promptly sent to detention.

"Look you what you did to my perfect record Kwon Jiyong." Dara complained but she couldn't wipe the happy grin off from her face.

"Sorry baby, I will make it up to you. How about I take you to ice cream after this?"

"You two! Stop flirting and start cleaning!" The teacher supervising their detention yelled.

The two teens rolled their eyes before sharing a mischeviously smile and muttering. "Yes sir."

Dara busily wiped the tables while Jiyong moped the floor, working seamlessly together.

Soon the classroom was spotless and their supervisor begrudgingly allowed them to leave early.

"Now, ice-cream!"

 

They somehow ended up at the same ice cream shop they visited months ago in the mall.

"Triple scoop cookies and cream please!" Dara chimed.

Whereas Jiyong ordered dragon-fruit. It felt like deja-vu.

"We have a special offer for couples today." The shop ajumma smiled kindly at them.

"Well we are definitely a couple!" Jiyong looked at Dara fondly while she giggled into her fist. He still couldn't believe he had the priviledge of dating her to be quite honest.

The couple sat in amiable silence, enjoying their own cone of sweet dessert.

"Hey Ji, can I try some of your ice-cream? I never had dragon fruit flavour before."

"Sure!" Dara leaned over and a mouthful from Jiyong's ice cream.

"MMm... It has such an interesting and unique taste." Dara her lips happily. "Wait hey!" She exclaimed as Jiyong took a bite of her ice cream cone.

"What? You did it too!" 

"But I asked for permission first!"

"Do you want me to spit it back out for you?" GD joked.

After laughing at their childishness the girl is suddenly quiet.

"Jiyong, I'm ok with your past, but I think you should do something about it."She thought back to the hurt and anger of Sohyeon and wondered how many other girls suffered the same way.

"How though Dara, how?" Jiyong buried his face in his palms. He didn't know what has gotten into him before. Why had he not considered the fact that other people's feelings were as important and valid as his own. He had been selfish and he had almost paid the price. But when he wanted to make things right once and for all, he found himself afraid. What if he wasn't forgiven? What if his reappearance just bought new pain that his victims had already tried to forget? Above all, he didn't want to face the fact that he was a massive jerk before.

"We will think of something." Dara smiled at him and he is determined to do what it takes to make things right and put it all behind him.

 

Thus, Jiyong find himself awake at 6AM on a Saturday morning writing apology cards and taping them onto boxes of chocolate. He stifled a yawn as he shifted his attention to Dara who was watching TV in the living room.

"Aren't you helping me?"

"Nope! You made the mess so you clean it up. I will watch." She grinned at him cheekily and returned to her favourite show.

Jiyong pouted a little but returned to his work after begrudginly realising that Dara was right, he didn't have a right to ask her to intervene in this. A little while later the couple was on the road to find all the girls Jiyong had hurt.

The boy tapped his foot nervously against the pavement, he didn't have the courage to ring the doorbell so Dara did it for him instead. He couldn't stand the anxiety as he waited of the doorsteps. "Will I be forgiven?" he wondered.

The door was swung open without warning, "Kwon Jiyong you scum how dare you show up in front of me? Do you have another essay you want me to write for you?" An enraged girl appeared from within the house, her eyes shooting daggers at GD.

"I'm really sorry about that. I was selfish and inconsiderate, I hope you can accept my gift and apology." Jiyong looked hopefully at her.

Instead of the being granted forgiveness, Jiyong was granted a slap in the face. "I don't accept gifts from liars." The door was slammed in his face.

Dara who was hiding behind a large bush across the street rushed to her boyfriend's side. "Are you alright?" She pressed her hand against his cheek which was burning red.

Jiyong's hand covered hers and kept it on his face. "Don't move, it is a nice ice pack."

Dara felt her own face flame despite not having been hit.

"Dara, are you sure this is a good idea? Maybe they would rather just forget that I even exist. I was naive to think that they would accept my apology." 

Sadness shone in his eyes and Dara would do anything to make his orbs twinkle with happiness instead.

"Jiyong, you can't control whether they forgive or not, but you can control yourself. You can determine whether  you will at least try to repent for your mistakes. That in itself is admirable, so don't give up."

The couple went to around 5 more houses after the first and whereas some girls were pissed to see Jiyong again, most of them were touched by the sincerity of his apology. Jiyong arrived home feeling as if a giant weight he had been long carrying had been lifted from his shoulders.

"You did well today Ji, I'm proud of you." Dara laced her hand with her boyfriends and squeezed lightly.

"Do I get some sort of reward?" The boy asked cheekily, showing off his pearly teeth that seemed even brighter against his pink gums.

"Your reward is that you get to take me out on a date." Dara winked.

The two decided to stay inside for the rest of the day as they were exhausted from running around the city in the morning. They picked a movie together after lengthy debate. The T.V starts to play the beginning of the movie as the sun begins to set outside, bathing the couple in a warm glow making them feel blissful yet a little sleepy. Dara snuggled closer to Jiyong side and wrapped her arm around his torso, resting her head against his chest where a rapid badum badum could be heard loud and clear. The boy blushed when he realised that his heartbeat had betrayed him, with his cheeks smudged with pink, he hugged Dara closer to him and kissed her hair. Not a lot of the plotline was watched or understood that afternoon and when Bom arrived home after her date with Seunghyung she found her best friend and Jiyong fast asleep on the couch, a satisfied peacefulness on their faces and their limbs tangled. Smiling warmly at the sight, the red head tip-toed upstairs and decided the news that Chaerin and Seungri are dating can be shared later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHOO HOO I FINALLY FINISHED THIS STORY!!

I would like to sincerely thanks EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU - MY MOST WONDERFUL READERS. 

Without you, the completion of this story would not have been possible, with my studies and other things sometimes I find no time to update or  simply being attacked by the writer's block. It amazes me that some of you have been with me since the first chapter in December 2012. Thank you for your patience with my slow updates, I'm always grateful to all of you especially to those who take time to comment on my story and encourage me, you gave me the strength and courage I didn't think I have to continue this story. 

I know my story still has a lot of shortcomings, but through this journey I think I was able to grow both as a person and a writer. We've come a long way together, I remember my dream of having 100 subbies which I thought was impossible, but presently there are 442 of you here with me and I feel so honoured and blessed to have you here, reading what I had to share, which wasn't very much anyway.

I sincerely hope that you enjoyed "Miss Unromantic" and I look forward to bringing you all more stories :)

I wish you all good luck with everything in your personal life and even love life haha

Until next time, God bless~ and thank you once again <3

Lots of Love, -adorateur- <333333

14/08/2014 | 5:24p.m.

P.S. Stay subscribed to be updated about any new stories of mine :)