First Official Date

Miss Unromantic

Dara stared at her reflection the mirror,  brushing carefully at her unruly bedhair. Frustration made her want to tear her hair out; why did she have to have a bad hair day on the day of her date with Jiyong? At the thought of the date,  Dara's face pinked; after their kiss at the karaoke yesterday, the pair had parted reluctantly nut with the teasing of their friends they had been too shy to talk to each other. As Dara knocked on her forehead on Saturday afternoon wondering what the heck she should do next, her phone buzzed in her pocket.

-----------------

New Message from 'Dumb Dragon':

"Daraaa I'm picking you up at your house tomorrow at 10a.m.

P.s. Bring water

P.p.s  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥"

-----------------

The usual Dara would have rolled her eyes but Dara wasn't exactly normal right then so instead she giggled and shook her head lightly. And to think I was going to changed his name in my contact list... But why do I have to bring water?

~~~

The girl finished dabbing the last touch of blush on her cheeks before smiling satisfied at herself in the polished glass before her. Not a moment later, the doorbell chimed and Dara almost had to stop herself from charging like a bull to open the door. Taking a deep breath, she walked towards the door and swung it open. Before her stood Jiyong, more handsome than she had ever seen him, an easy smile on his face and his dark brown orbs staring lovingly into her own. Dara's worries and fears about her inexperience with dates and the fact that she had forgotten what she was even supposed to do during those things flew out the window. As long as she was with Jiyong  she knew she would be just fine.

"Shall we go? Or would you like to stare at me for a bit longer?" The boy grinned at her playfully, showing his gums.

"I was not staring at you.  Y..your face was merely obstructing my field of vision. " she stammered.

"Well even if you were staring it is nothing to be ashamed of. It is normal to drool over someone as hot as I am!" He bragged , but Dara knew be just wanted to put her at ease. 

"So where are we going Ji?" 

"you will see soon enough." He grinned and led her to the car.

Dara climbed into the car, reveling in the fact that this was already the second time that she had been in Jiyong's car, the first time when was when he drove her home from the arcade after 2ne1 and Bigbang had a fun night together. It was also the night that the boy had helped to get rid of a clingy Wooyoung from her house. Her mind was drifting down memory lane, leaving her seatbelt unbuckled and Jiyong reached over to help her strap it, his fingers brushing momentarily on her ribs.

Dara's face flamed instantly, looking away she mumbled: "I can do it myself."

"I know." He looked at her sweetly.

The ride went awkwardly at first, both of them nervous and lost for what to say but enjoying each other's presence nonetheless. However a heated debate about whether Michael Jackson or Madonna was more influential broke out halfway through the journey and continued until they were out of the car.

"I'm telling you Dara, Michael Jackson is more influential. Just look at how many people still associate zombies with Thriller!" 

"I think you mean 'look at how many still associate Thrillers with zombies.'"

GD was temporarily unable to think of a counter argument and sighed in defeat.

"Wait are we in a music recording studio?!" Dara gaped at the building in front of them.

The boy nodded in response. Taking her hand, he  lead her in. 

A staff member lead them to the recording studio that Jiyong had booked and told them how to work the equipment, bowed and left.

"What song are we going sing, Ji?" there was a thick book of all the songs that the studio offered.

"Actually, I wrote my own song for this occasion." 

Dara couldn't believe her  eyes when Jiyong took out a CD from his bag and placed into the CD player. It was hard for to imagine that a player and narcissistic prince like GD to be able to write songs! But then again, Jiyong had surprised her many times before.

He gave her a notebook with the lyrics he had painstaking hand-written, there was also little marks everywhere from his corrections of when he found a better word to use and also marks of when Dara sings and when he sings. 

"Let's go! If you ain't got a girl right now? (Nope.) That's 'cause you ain't got no game! (I know.) I'm going to teach you how to do it real quick, GD style. You should write it down...."

"Umm what do you think?" 

"I think it is one of the coolest songs I have listened to in a long time! Where's my part?" Dara scanned through the notebook.

"Right here." he pointed and Dara's eyes rounded.

"okayyy then.. Hello y guy ido hello handsome boy ido hello, hello. Meonjeo malgeoreojundamyeon!Dara sang, blushing madly as she did so.

"Hello dodohan girl. Hello gwiyeoun girl. Hello hello! Jeogi jamsimanyo Say hello!"

After spending 2 hours at the studio, they finally recorded a version that they were satisfied with. It wasn't that they were bad at singing, or bad at harmonising but more the fact that they would always try to find the smallest fault with the recording so they can sing an record the song again and spend more time together. When they drove away from the studio, the car was filled with comfortable silence this time, as both of them were nursing sore throats.

"Mall?" Jiyong croaked and Dara nodded.

Once at the mall, the two of them decided to go shop for some couple items to show off their new status.

"How about this one? Cute, don't you think?" Dara held up a horizontally striped shirt with a teddy bear logo in the middle, the shirt came in both pale green and yellow. 

"I would look like an idiot." Jiyong took the shirt from her and put it back on the rack.

"You say that like you aren't already one." Dara picked up the shirt once again.

"Finee..." the garment is taken from the girl's hand. "I will go try it on."

They both went into the changing room on to put their respective shirts.

"Hey! You look cute!" Dara gasped as Jiyong exited the change room.

"You're quite adorable yourself." He whispered close to her ears, leaving a small kiss on her cheek.

In that moment, Dara no longer cared about dressing in dreary clothes so that she could stay unnoticed in the shadows because his words made her blood sing and she could get used to hearing those compliments from him. As for everyone else, whether they chose to take notice of her or not, that was their problem not hers. It felt like a considerable weight has been taken off her shoulders.

"Thanks Ji." She looked at him sincerely. 

Electricity passed through their gazes, until Dara broke eye contact to pay for her shirt.

"Come on! We have a lot of shopping to do!" Dara dragged Jiyong by the hand, flying out of the couple shop as if she had wings. Suddenly Jiyong felt as if he had created a monster. But it was a cute monster whom he loved so he couldn't mind less. A grin spreading over his cheeks as he ran with her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyah lovelies~

Sorry the late update >.< But I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for being so patient! <333

Love, -adorateur- <3