Fire and Water

TaengSic or NOT!
"Why are you here?!" questioned Jessica when she saw Taeyeon on Krystal's bed. She didn't expect the person on the bed was Taeyeon, her 'enemy'.

"Aish your voice is so irritating," grunted Taeyeon and she rubbed her ears as if it would help.

"What?! no, answer me! why are you here?!" asked Jessica again and she jumped off the bed. The last thing she wanted to do was to be on the same bed with her 'enemy'.

Taeyeon tried to sit up but her wrist was hurting. So she took longer time to slowly push herself up and leaned her back on the bed post.

Jessica was eyeing her weirdly as Taeyeon's movements seemed questionable. "What's wrong with you?" asked Jessica, even though she didn't really want to care.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and replied shortly,"none of your business. I'm staying here for a week anyway."

Jessica scoffed and folded her arms in front of her chest. "Like i care. but why are you staying here for a week?! i don't want to see you!"

"Shut your mouth, will you? you're annoying." groaned Taeyeon and she looked away irritably.

"Look who's talking! mind you, this is my house!" retorted Jessica and she felt her blood boiling when Taeyeon started bickering with her again.

"Oh yeah? well, this is my girlfriend's room," snapped Taeyeon and she poked her inner cheek with her tongue to show that she was getting annoyed

"You! argh! Get out!" shouted Jessica as she pulled Taeyeon out of the bed roughly.

"Owww!!!!" Taeyeon was screaming in pain as Jessica pulled on her hurt wrist too hard.

Jessica flinched when she heard Taeyeon groaning in pain. She quickly pulled her hands off Taeyeon and stood there in shocked.

"W-what's wrong?" asked Jessica coldly. She was actually scared inside but she didn't want Taeyeon to laugh at her just in case Taeyeon was putting up an act.

Just then, Krystal was already back. She saw that her room's door was opened so she quickly strolled in. But Taeyeon's groans caught her attention when she was a few feet away from her room.

"Taeyeon! are you alright?!" asked Krystal worriedly and she ran towards the bed when she saw Taeyeon clutching her wrist with the look of agony on her pale face.

"What did you do to her unnie?!" questioned Krystal angrily when she saw Jessica standing by the bed doing nothing when Taeyeon was in pain.

"I-I-I didn't do anything! what's wrong?!" asked Jessica and she was now showing her flustered look.

Krystal didn't bother with her sister and she fumbled with the small box on the table. She took out some pills and slipped them into Taeyeon's mouth sloppily. Jessica looked around nervously and grabbed the water bottle on the end of the table to Krystal.

The Jung Sisters watched as Taeyeon gulp down the water along with the pills. Jessica bit her fingernails nervously and she was scared.

Krystal held Taeyeon's wrist in her hands gingerly and it gently. Taeyeon's face grimaced and cold sweats were formed on her forehead.

After awhile, the effect of the painkiller kicked in. Taeyeon's tensed body started to relax a little and Krystal kissed her on the forehead before laying her down on the bed carefully again.

Then, Taeyeon fell asleep again. Krystal tucked her in properly and gave a stare at Jessica who was still horrified by what she had just witnessed.

She pulled her sister out of the room and Jessica followed along blindly. The two sisters sat down in the living room and Krystal was still staring at her sister.

"What!" snapped Jessica when she saw her sister staring at her non stop.

"What did you do to her?" questioned Krystal and she reckoned that Jessica must have done something to Taeyeon since Taeyeon was injured and she couldn't be the one doing something to Jessica.

"I... i just pulled her out of the bed.. i didn't know that her wrist was broken!" Jessica mumbled guiltily first but her voice raised higher as she tried to explain herself.

"You didn't know," chuckled Krystal sarcastically. "Unnie, i know that you two can't get along. But can you at least leave her alone? she's my girlfriend. I get so sick and tired whenever you pick a fight on her. Please unnie? she's injured and she doesn't want her parents to worry about her so she's staying over here okay?"

Jessica listened and she sighed. Indeed, she was always the one picking a fight with Taeyeon. But sometimes she just couldn't stand Taeyeon!

"Alright. I'll try.." agreed Jessica as she felt guilty of what she had done to Taeyeon earlier.

"Thank you unnie," Krystal smiled genuinely and she patted the back of Jessica's hand. Jessica smiled back weakly and she pressed her lips together after Krystal went back to her room again.

---

"She isn't going to school?" asked Jessica when the two sisters got ready for school the next morning.

"Nope. The doctor gave her a week of MC. How can she go to school when she can't even write right?" Krystal pointed out. Jessica nodded along and they set off to school.

"Bye unnie. oh and.. can you buy breakfast for taeyeon since you'll be home early later?" asked Krystal unsurely. To her surprised, Jessica just nodded without hesitating and Krystal hugged her sister to thank her.

"See you at home later!" chirped Krystal after she stepped into her classroom first. Jessica waved her hand and sauntered to her classroom which was further away.

···

RINGGGGG

The class was dismissed for the senior level and Jessica packed her things lazily.

"Hey jess, shall we go for brunch together?" asked Taecyeon hopefully and he gave his charming smile.

Jessica looked up and wanted to agree but she remembered she had to buy breakfast for Taeyeon. 'Aish.. that midget..' she thought.

"Sorry taec.. I've to go home early today. Maybe next time?" said Jessica and she gave an apologetic smile to Taecyeon who was frowning.

"Alright then.. see you tomorrow," Taecyeon smiled and hugged Jessica tightly before she left.

"What should i buy for her..? since she's injured, she shouldn't be eating food that are unhealthy right..? maybe porridge..? fish? pork? chicken? aish.." Jessica was talking to herself on her way to the food court to buy breakfast for Taeyeon. She was contemplating about what to buy for Taeyeon then she set her eyes on something.

"Beef noodles!" Jessica clapped happily when she saw the stall. A few people looked at her weirdly and she gave them cold stares back. They quickly turned back to mind their business.

After Jessica had bought the noodles for herself and Taeyeon, she walked back home happily as she thought she had at least done something to clear away her sin. She felt bad for making Taeyeon's injured wrist worsen.

She put the noodles on the dining table and she walked towards Krystal's room.

"Should i call her? or wait for her to wake up on her own? aish but the noodles will turn cold.." mumbled Jessica as she stood in front of the room, contemplating whether to go in or not.

"Fine. just this once," murmured Jessica and she opened the door quietly.

There, a sleeping Taeyeon was still in her dreamland with the serene look on her face. Jessica patted her thigh twice and pulled her hand away quickly. She was scared to cause any more pain on Taeyeon.

Taeyeon stirred and forgot that her wrist was hurt, she used her injured wrist to rub her eye and her eyes fluttered open as the pain shocked her.

"Omo," Jessica pulled Taeyeon's hand down carefully and placed it on Taeyeon's stomach. Taeyeon waited for the pain to subside and she opened her eyes again.

She saw Jessica sitting beside her on the bed and her face darkened. She didn't say anything and she tried to get up.

Jessica saw it and she helped Taeyeon to sit up. Taeyeon found it suspicious that Jessica was being nice to her. As if Jessica could read her thoughts, she said coldly,"I'm helping you because you're injured and i hurt you UNKNOWINGLY yesterday. So.. I'msorry." she mumbled the last part.

Taeyeon heard it though. She raised her eyebrows at the ice princess and mumbled a soft thank you. Jessica wanted to help her to the bathroom and Taeyeon stated,"i injured my wrist, not my legs. I can walk on my own."

Jessica felt embarrassed and she pulled her hands off Taeyeon quickly. Taeyeon noticed it and she felt bad for making Jessica embarrassed. "Thanks anyway." Taeyeon gave a small smile.

Jessica looked up and smiled back half-heartedly. "Uhm.. I've bought beef noodles for you. Wash up and eat them." said Jessica and she scurried away.

Taeyeon was amused by Jessica's action but she knew it better that Jessica was doing it because she was guilty, not because she wanted to be nice to Taeyeon.

Still, Taeyeon appreciated it. She shrugged and washed up quickly before she joined Jessica for breakfast.

Jessica gave Taeyeon a forced smile when she saw Taeyeon walking over the table.

Taeyeon gave a small nod along with a small smile before she took a seat opposite Jessica.

"Thanks," said Taeyeon before she started eating. Jessica chewed on the beef and looked up to give Taeyeon a small nod.

The breakfast was quiet but none of them bothered to talk. When they were done, Jessica helped Taeyeon to dispose the container and asked Taeyeon to go back to the room to rest.

"Uhm.. when is soojung coming back?" asked Taeyeon before she entered the room.

Jessica wiped her hands on the towel and replied,"i don't know. Soon i think. Why?"

"Oh i can't be sleeping the whole day, right?" chuckled Taeyeon as she joked. Jessica had asked her to rest again right after she had her breakfast.

Jessica giggled along at Taeyeon's joke and she quickly coughed as she realised Taeyeon was looking at her.

"You... you can watch tv or anything," suggested Jessica.

Taeyeon just smiled and nodded. She went into the room to take her phone first.

When she came out, she saw Jessica watching the tv on the sofa. She joined her but they sat quite far away from each other.

"What's this show?" asked Taeyeon curiously as she couldn't understand the language.

"Oh it is english film. Do you want to change to another channel?" asked Jessica after she realised Taeyeon couldn't understand english.

"Never mind it is okay. I will just wait for soojung to be back here then," Taeyeon smiled.

Strangely, the two 'enemies' smiled to each other whenever they caught each other glancing over. Jessica's eyes were on the tv screen but her mind was drifted off far away.

As for Taeyeon, she looked focus on her phone but she was actually pondering over something.

---

---

TBC :D