Mission Number One

TaengSic or NOT!
"Good morning Mr Jung and Mrs Jung,"

"Good morning daddy mommy!"

"Well well good morning kids. Come and have your breakfast now," said Mr Jung amiably.

The Jung sisters and Taeyeon took a seat around the dining table respectively. To be honest, Taeyeon felt extremely nervous inside to interact with the Jungs.

"So.. Taeyeon? We haven't had a proper talk yet, have we?" asked Mr Jung and he took a sip of his coffee.

Taeyeon clenched onto her pants tightly as she was really afraid of the scrutinizing stare from Mr Jung. "N-no Mr Jung."

"Daddy! don't be so stern to her! she's scared now.." whined Krystal and she hugged Taeyeon from the side.

Taeyeon felt a little more relax when she was in Krystal's warm embrace. She coughed and said in a little trembled voice,"I'm not scared. I'm just.. nervous. haha."

Mr Jung chuckled and he leaned closer to the table. "So.. tell me. What makes you think that it will be okay for me to let my daughter dates a girl?"

Taeyeon's heart almost leaped out at that question. Didn't Krystal tell her that her parents were opened about it?

"I-I.. i.. don't know.." mumbled Taeyeon.

She held her head lowly to hide her embarrassment and Mrs Jung laughed. "Taeyeon, don't be scared. He's always like this. C'mon let's have breakfast first and we will talk later."

Taeyeon nodded and took a small bite of the bread as she took a peek at Mr Jung who was eyeing her.

"Jessi, how's school?" asked Mrs Jung and she passed Jessica the strawberry jam.

"Oh.. school.. has been good," replied Jessica and she busied herself with applying the jam on the bread.

"Has baby Jung been good at school?" asked Mrs Jung again and waited for Jessica to answer but she took quite awhile.

"She-"

"I've been good mommy! what makes you think that i will misbehave?" replied Krystal and she gave a small smile at Jessica who sighed in relief.

"Ahhh.. do you want me to tell Taeyeon that you bullied other smaller size girls back there in California?" teased Mrs Jung and Krystal crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"You did?" asked Taeyeon for the first time after keeping quiet.

"I... well yeah.. they called me mini ice princess because of unnie," Krystal pouted and Taeyeon giggled quietly at the cute sight.

"What's so bad about the title?" asked Jessica and she held her gaze with Taeyeon for awhile.

"Because I'm not! I'm friendlier! but they isolated me because of that. So i took my revenge," protested Krystal

Taeyeon was surprised by Krystal's past but she didn't really show it. "So you bullied them?"

Krystal turned to look at Taeyeon with an arrogant look. "Uhuh. they deserved it."

"Alright alright stop it kids. Have your breakfast now," said Mr Jung and he stood up to put the utensils in the sink.

"Let's have a family talk later at the living room. That includes you, Taeyeon," stated Mr Jung and he went to the living room.

Taeyeon gulped and took a quick glance at Jessica who was eating her bread as if everything wasn't her business.

***

They finished their breakfast and went to the living room. Taeyeon took a seat next to Krystal who was sitting next to Jessica.

"Taeyeon, you haven't answered my question." said Mr Jung once everyone settled down.

Taeyeon flustered for a minute as she tried to think of an answer. "Mr Jung, I'm aware that you think that I'm not good enough for soojung. But.. we really like each other."

Jessica scoffed silently but her face remained expressionless. Krystal put a hand on Taeyeon's thigh and patted it twice to reassure Taeyeon.

"Well, i didn't say that you're not good enough. I just want to know why you two will get together," said Mr Jung.

Taeyeon let out the breath she held in for quite awhile and looked at Krystal, of course, taking a quick glimpse at the real ice princess too. "Well it is a long story.."

Mr Jung sat up and nodded,"tell me about it then."

Taeyeon obliged it and recalled their first meeting.

"I first met soojung when i walked past her school to the restaurant nearby. She fell onto the ground and injured herself. So i carried her back home."

Everyone listened attentively and Krystal smiled when she remembered it.

"I dressed like a boy last time and soojung thought i was a guy. She called me oppa playfully after she realised i am actually a girl."

"When i went to Jessica's room to get first aid box, she thought i was a guy who tried to peep at her. she threatened to call the police if i didn't carry out her order, that's how i became a maid for quite awhile."

Mr and Mrs Jung looked at Jessica who was playing with her fingers and they shook their heads.

"Soojung and i got closer, i realised that i actually like her even though i always thought that I'm not gay. Then, she confessed to me too."

"So you two got together quite quickly?" asked Mr Jung and Taeyeon nodded meekly.

"Jessi, how can you bully a small girl like her?" scolded Mrs Jung and Taeyeon's face grimaced a little.

"Mommy, she saw me ! i thought she was a guy.. so i wanted a payback," retorted Jessica and Taeyeon blushed as the images of Jessica flashed through her mind.

"Excuse me, why are you blushing? are you fantasizing any thing about my older daughter?" asked Mr Jung teasingly and Taeyeon quickly waved her hands in front of her.

"I-i didn't!" exclaimed Taeyeon and she covered quickly when she realised she raised her voice.

"Yeonnie won't do that daddy. She is very innocent," said Krystal and she hugged Taeyeon's arm close to her.

Taeyeon let out a nervous chuckle and she saw Jessica smirking a little.

"Really? sorry if I've asked too much. But.. haven't you guys done IT?" asked Mrs Jung

"What?! no! no! i-i won't touch her!" stated Taeyeon quickly and she nodded firmly along

"You mean you don't find my daughter attractive?" asked Mr Jung with a skeptical look.

"No! i mean yes! argh i mean i find her attractive but.. i won't touch her. I promise." explained Taeyeon and she held her palm up to swear.

"Ahh.. don't hold it back young lady, it isn't good for your health," chuckled Mr Jung and Taeyeon's face grew crimson red.

"Daddy! yeonnie is a not as open minded as us! geez stop talking about it," whined Krystal and she smiled at Taeyeon sweetly when Taeyeon looked at her.

"Alright alright. How long have you guys been together?" asked Mr Jung

"About two months. The day after tomorrow will be the official second month!" announced Krystal proudly.

"Still going strong huh. Taeyeon, let me tell you something," said Mr Jung and he looked at Taeyeon carefully.

"If you hurt my daughter one day, you'll not want to know what's the consequences," warned Mr Jung and the atmosphere turned icy.

"Y-yes," Taeyeon nodded and fidgeted as Mr Jung was still looking at her.

"Good." Mr Jung smiled in satisfaction and looked at Jessica. "Don't you have a girlfriend or boyfriend too?"

"What? me? nah. I'm busy," said Jessica nonchalantly and she stole a quick glance at Taeyeon who wasn't looking at her.

Taeyeon seemed more relax now since Mr Jung was no longer targeting her. But his question made her heart stopped for a millisecond. "Do you have anyone on your mind right now?"

Jessica was lost for words and she looked on the ground. "N-nope."

"Don't lie." said Mr Jung

"I did not!" protested Jessica and she could tell her father didn't buy it.

"I know you like someone." prompted Mr Jung and he saw how Jessica fluster for awhile.

"Annyeonghaseyo," a voice greeted by the front door and everyone turned their attention to the person outside the house

"Amber?" Krystal was surprised to see her. She got up and opened the door for Amber to come in.

"Good morning," greeted Amber politely and she did a 90° bow to Mr and Mrs Jung

"Good morning, you are?" asked Mr Jung

"I'm Amber liu, Krystal's friend." said Amber and she gave the signature grin.

"Oh you're a girl! i thought you're a boy. You'd look dashing if you're a boy but you already look handsome," complimented Mrs Jung and she asked Jessica to move so that Amber could sit beside Krystal.

Jessica sat herself down next to Taeyeon and the sofa was a little squeezy. Not that they minded, it was just that it made Taeyeon feel uneasy.

"Oh, it looks as if you two are a pair while jessi and taeyeon are another!" joked Mrs Jung and Amber grinned widely.

Krystal's face fell and she hugged Taeyeon's arm tighter to claim that she was Krystal Jung's asset. "She's mine."

Taeyeon gave a shrug and smiled at Krystal as she could tell JellyKrystal was activated.

"What about me krys?" asked Amber and she faked a sob. Mr Jung laughed at Amber and he seemed to be quite please to see Amber.

"You? nahh. unless you're yeonnie," Krystal stuck her tongue out at Amber.

Taeyeon and Amber exchanged a glance and Taeyeon hated that grin to her guts. She faked a smile at Amber before turning away.

"Why are you here all of a sudden amber?" asked Krystal curiously.

"Oh.. i just wanted to see you," said Amber earnestly. Krystal made a face and rolled her eyes. "Not funny Amber."

"I'm serious!" cried Amber and she slapped the armrest.

"Calm down young lady. Do you like our baby Jung too?" asked Mr Jung jokingly. But Amber's face was rather serious then.

"You do?" asked Mr Jung with a raised brow as he noticed the seriousness from Amber.

"Yes." Amber nodded firmly and that took Krystal by surprise.

"Stop joking Amber! it isn't funny," scolded Krystal and she hit Amber lightly.

Taeyeon felt her blood boiling inside as she totally lost her status in front of Krystal's parents. Mr Jung seemed to like Amber more and would consider Taeyeon as a second option.

"I'm not joking. I'm here to ask you out on a date," said Amber confidently. Taeyeon almost wanted to punch Amber right into the face.

Mr Jung and Mrs Jung stayed quiet as they watched the new boyish girl. Jessica on the other hand, felt anxious about what Krystal's answer might be.

"Are you kidding me? I'm taken already amber!" scoffed Krystal and she stared Amber down.

"I know. But you didn't say that i can't woo you right? well, Krystal Jung, i hereby declare that I'm going after you from today onwards." Amber gave a wink that Krystal was speechless.

"Enough."

Everyone turned to look at Taeyeon who was clenching her fists tightly. Mr Jung watched in amusement and Taeyeon stood up abruptly.

"I've already taken a step back, don't push any further," hissed Taeyeon as she grabbed onto Amber's collar tightly.

Krystal tried to break Taeyeon off but Taeyeon stared at her. "Stay away." She turned back to glare at Amber who was giving her the grin she detested the most again.

"Does Krys know about it already?" asked Amber slyly and Taeyeon's grip loosened slowly.

She backed away and sat back down next to Krystal. "Stay away from her."

"What if i don't want to?" challenged Amber and she smirked when she saw Taeyeon trembling in fury but she couldn't do anything.

"Enough! what do you think you're doing Amber!" scolded Krystal and she rubbed her palm in circle motion on Taeyeon's back.

"I'm fighting with her for you." said Amber innocently.

"Wow kid, you sure have got a thing. Now, don't fight in front of us. Whatever it is, please let baby Jung choose the one she wants to be with," said Mr Jung and Amber shrugged with a cheeky grin. She looked confident though.

"Get out Amber," said Krystal irritably and Amber didn't budge. Krystal turned to face Amber and Amber took her by surprise.

Taeyeon's eyes widened as she saw the scene in front of her. "What the heck!" She pushed Amber away from Krystal and pounced onto Amber.

"How dare you kiss her like that!" hissed Taeyeon and her face was inches apart from Amber. She was breathing angrily and Amber could feel hot breath on her face.

"Tell you something honestly, we've ki-"

"AMBER!" shouted Krystal and she cut off what Amber wanted to talk. She got on the floor hastily and pulled Taeyeon away from Amber.

"Go home Amber. I will talk to you soon," sid Krystal and she pushed Amber out of the door. Amber waved at her with her grin and then walked off coolly.

"What did i just witness? that's totally unacceptable." said Mr Jung displeasingly.

"Go to your room and settle everything first krystal." urged Mrs Jung and she could tell Taeyeon was infuriated

Krystal nodded and she tugged on Taeyeon's sleeve. Taeyeon stood up angrily and bowed before she went into Krystal's room.

Jessica bit her fingernail as she watched everything. She felt something was wrong but she didn't know what exactly was wrong.

"Daddy, mommy, I'm going out for awhile." said Jessica and she walked hastily to the door.

"Be home quick," said Mrs Jung and Jessica nodded swiftly.

***

Jessica ran down her flat and saw Amber waiting for bus at the bus stop. She approached her carefully from the back and sat down beside her.

"Jessica?"

"Uhm yeah. Look, i need to ask you something," said Jessica and she felt no point prevaricating.

"Shoot." replied Amber coolly as she watched her bus drive off

"Is there.. something going on between you and krys?" asked Jessica boldly.

"Well.. there's nothing going on between us like you and that shorty in there." stated Amber.

Jessica rolled her eyes at Amber for calling Taeyeon a shorty. "Why didn't she look surprise or whatever when you kiss her?"

Amber smirked and looked far away. Jessica waited for her to reply but Amber kept quiet.

"Have you guys kissed before?" probed Jessica

"What if i told you we did?" blurted Amber and Jessica was more than surprised.

"H-how?"

"Do you remember the day when you saw me in her room?" asked Amber and she smiled unconsciously when she recalled.

Jessica nodded and waited for Amber to go on impatiently.

"We kissed back then. She told me she was lonely because that shorty was away for quite a few days. We talked and talked and talked. Then i kissed her. So we kissed." said Amber and she touched her lips with a silly grin.

"You know what? i hate your grin. I bet Taeyeon does too." said Jessica in a disgusted tone and Amber grinned wider.

"You know what? that was also the day when i confirmed that you and the shorty are having affair," said Amber slyly and she gave Jessica a dirty smirk instead of silly grin.

That sent chills down Jessica's spine and she asked,"w-what?"

"Back then, i went out to buy some snacks. I saw you and her kissing passionately under the block."

***

"What was that about!"

"I don't know taeyeon! she kissed me, i can't do anything right!" protested Krystal

"Oh yeah? you didn't react at all. You could have pushed her away!" snapped Taeyeon

"So it has become my fault that she kissed me?" questioned Krystal in disbelief.

"I didn't say it was your fault. i said you could have prevented it!" retorted Taeyeon angrily.

"You're ridiculous!" said Krystal in exasperation

"Yeah i am ridiculous. Break up then!"

"What?!" Krystal looked at Taeyeon disbelievingly.

"I said i want a break up." repeated Taeyeon and she glowered at Krystal

"Take back your words before it is too late Kim Tae Yeon," hissed Krystal and she went closer to Taeyeon's face.

"I won't." stated Taeyeon

"Don't push my limits," growled Krystal

Their stares intensified and Taeyeon's eyes started gettin drier as she didn't blink once.

[ i need to blink but i can't blink! Or i will lose! ] -Taeyeon

[ Challenging the mini ice princess? aha! krystal 1, taeyeon 0! ] -Krystal

"Fine i take back my words!" huffed Taeyeon and she closed her eyes to moisten her eyes.

Krystal stood there silently as she watched Taeyeon blinking her eyes umpteen times. "Taeyeon."

"Taeyeon."

"Taeyeon!"

"What!"

"Do you still like me?"

Taeyeon stopped blinking her eyes and looked at Krystal. She saw something in Krystal's eyes but she couldn't tell what was it.

"Why?" asked taeyeon

"I have a feeling that you're seeing someone else." stated Krystal

***

Jessica walked back home with a heavy heart and Amber's words kept replaying on her mind. She sat down on the bench under her block and hit her head for a few times with her fists.

"You're stupid Jessica!" Jessica scolded herself and she hugged her knees close to her body.

"Krys will hate you forever! god.. what have i done.." she kept mumbling on and on and didn't realise that someone was beside her.

"Are you okay?"

Jessica looked up and saw the last person she ever wanted to see.

"You don't look well.."

"It is none of your business." stated Jessica coldly.

"What happened?"

"Get away Taecyeon!"

Taecyeon got up and kneeled down in front of Jessica. He held the hands on her thighs and said,"please.."

---

---

---

TBC :D