A Twist

TaengSic or NOT!
"I'm tired.. i will take a nap first, is that okay with you?" asked Krystal as she massaged the back of her neck.

Taeyeon stood nodding and tucked Krystal under the blanket nicely. She gave her a light kiss on the forehead before she left the room.

They had just returned home after Taeyeon's failed "ambush" and Krystal went to sleep again.

"How's she?" asked Jessica softly when she saw Taeyeon walking out of the room.

Taeyeon simply shrugged her shoulders and went to sit beside Jessica. "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" Jessica was clueless about Taeyeon's sudden apology.

"I've hurt her because i doubted her. She's your baby sister and i know you love her very much," explained Taeyeon calmly. She was looking deeply into Jessica's eyes and trying to look for a hint of anger.

"Silly. I'm not angry or whatever. I do love her.. but.. i don't like to see you getting hurt too." whispered Jessica gently and she cupped Taeyeon's face.

Taeyeon's eyes darted quickly to Krystal's room and she pushed away Jessica's hands. "Let's.. go to the park and talk."

Jessica sighed and nodded without uttering a word. She followed after Taeyeon and they proceeded to the park nearby Jessica's house.

They walked silently and kept quite a distance. Jessica's heart was feeling uneasy as Taeyeon was cold towards her.

She stole a few sneaky glances and looked away when Taeyeon seemed to know that she was looking at her.

"Is there something on my face?" asked Taeyeon after the long silent.

Jessica smiled a little and shook her head. "I'm just wondering.."

"Of?"

"Why are you so quiet," said Jessica.

Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh and pulled Jessica closer to her by the shoulders. "I was.. thinking."

Jessica remained quiet as she wanted Taeyeon to go on. Taeyeon looked at the birds hopping on the ground and then flew away as they went closer.

They sat down on a bench in the shade and Taeyeon hugged Jessica around the waist by the side. "Look, the kids are playing with the puppies."

Jessica followed Taeyeon's gaze and smiled when she saw a kid playing with two puppies and another kid clapping her hands excitedly.

"Aren't they lovely?" asked Taeyeon without looking at Jessica.

Jessica turned her attention to Taeyeon and poked the small pointed nose. "They're lovely. But you're more lovely." She nuzzled into the crook of Taeyeon's neck.

"Let's say.. we are them. I'm the kid playing with the puppies.. you and soojung are the two puppies.. and.. amber is another kid.." said Taeyeon and she paused when Jessica shifted up to meet her gaze.

"What are you talking about? and.. we have something to talk about amber right?" questioned Jessica.

"Yes. Let me finish first. Listen. Imagine us as them. I love the two puppies but the puppies love only me. But they're each other's companion without me. Then, there's this other kid who is supposedly amber, is watching a show of how the three of us will end up fighting as the puppies try to fight for the boy's attention." explained Taeyeon. She broke away from Jessica and turned her body to her.

Jessica had the bewildered look on her face and she was looking at Taeyeon as if she had three eyes.

"What i meant was.. Amber likes Soojung.. but soojung loves me. So Amber wants to see the three of us fighting just so she can step in and take soojung away from me," explained Taeyeon clearly.

Jessica nodded silently and waited for Taeyeon to go on again. Taeyeon looked away and saw that one of the puppies was then playing with the little girl instead of the boy

"See, if i don't give her enough attention and love, she will turn into Amber's embrace." sighed Taeyeon.

Jessica didn't feel good that Taeyeon cared so much for Krystal but Krystal was her sister after all. "Stupid."

Taeyeon snapped around and looked at Jessica weirdly. "Huh?"

"You. Stupid." repeated Jessica and she rolled her eyes. She stood up and went to stand by the small lake just few feet away.

Taeyeon got up too and walked to Jessica's side. "Why am i stupid?"

"Because you forgot all about me," said Jessica flatly and she kicked the pebble into the water

"Since when?" asked Taeyeon and she tried to recall if she had really forgotten about Jessica.

"You said that Amber will snatch Krys away from you. But you forgot that i will still be there for you," explained Jessica without looking at Taeyeon. She bent down and touched the lotus flower in the lake.

"I didn't forget that. i just.. i-i can't let Soojung leave me," said Taeyeon and she sounded a little desperate.

"What about me? what if.. one day you realise you love krys more? you told me to wait for you, i believe i will for as long as you ask me to. Will you leave me then? will i be all alone then?" questioned Jessica and she stared intensely at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon took a few steps back and shoved her hands into her pocket coolly. "No."

Jessica turned around and faced her. Her brows furrowed as she didn't understand what Taeyeon meant. "No? as in you will not love krys more? or you won't leave me? or you don't want me to wait for you anymore?"

"I don't know. This is unfair to the both of you. soojung doesn't know ANYTHING at all and she thinks i love her only. And you, know that I'm with her but still love me and agree to be with me behind your own sister's back," chuckled Taeyeon pathetically.

"So what do you mean?" snapped Jessica. She was starting to feel more and more uneasy with Taeyeon's vague explanation.

"We.. need a break. The three of us. Everything is happening too fast. It has just been the third or fourth month since we met and-"

Jessica slapped Taeyeon across the cheek with her eyes fuming in anger. "AFTER ALL THESE, YOU TELL ME YOU DON'T LOVE ME AT ALL?!"

Her voice travelled quite far away as few people looked at them weirdly. However, they couldn't be bothered at all.

Taeyeon took a deep breath and her bleeding lip. "I'm not saying that. I just said that we need a break."

Jessica couldn't seem to register Taeyeon's words and she started throwing punches on Taeyeon's chest. "I hate you! why! i can wait! i can just keep quiet even if you kiss krys in front of me! why taeyeon why!"

Taeyeon's face grimaced and she endured the pain on her chest. After awhile, Jessica stopped punching but her tears started flowing down uncontrollably.

"Sooyeon.." Taeyeon called out gently and tried to wipe away Jessica's tears but Jessica pushed her away.

"Go away! don't touch me!" screamed Jessica and Taeyeon's heart wrenched when she saw Jessica in this state.

They stood opposite each other and Jessica was still crying as she looked at the ground. Her teardrops fell onto her shoes and the grass. It was a heartbreaking scene.

Taeyeon shut her eyes to think about her decision again and she felt someone tapping her shoulder.

She turned back and saw Amber grinning at her. "Nice to see you here."

Jessica heard another person's voice and she looked up with her face stained with tears. "Am-ber?"

"Hello Jessica-ssi," greeted Amber politely. It irked taeyeon to see Amber showing her politeness to Jessica.

"What are you doing here? aren't you going to do your project with your friends?" asked Taeyeon irritably.

Amber gave another grin that Taeyeon hated the most. "I happened to walk pass here when i wanted to visit little princess."

Taeyeon almost threw a punch on Amber's face and Amber smirked as she saw Taeyeon suppressing her anger.

"Well, she's fine. You don't have to see her," taeyeon gave a fake smile.

"Of course i know she's fine now. Or else you won't be here flirting with her sister. Or is it that you don't care about krys at all?" mocked Amber

She threw a quick glance at Jessica and shook her head,"taeyeon-ssi, i guess you've broken another heart today right?"

Taeyeon clenched her fists and looked away. "It is none of your business."

"Really? don't you wanna know about what i know?" asked Amber slyly.

Taeyeon turned to look at Amber swiftly and Jessica did the same. "What do you know?" challenged Taeyeon

"Everything. Or maybe.. 75% of it," Amber grinned. Taeyeon pursed her lips and grabbed Amber's collar.

"Don't try to mess with me. I'm not letting you go easily if you ever spout any nonsense to Soojung," hissed Taeyeon.

Amber chuckled and pushed Taeyeon away effortlessly since she was taller. "If you give me what i want, of course my mouth would be zipped."

Taeyeon knew what Amber wanted. But she hoped she would want something else, just not her girl. "What do you want?"

"C'mon you know what i want right?" snickered Amber

"How about..no?" stated Taeyeon

"Then we shall see," Amber winked.

Taeyeon felt disgusted and she saw Jessica standing there clueless of what's going on. "Tell me what you know about us," said Taeyeon

"I saw you.. and her.. kissing under the block," Amber smirked and turned around to walk away.

Taeyeon was shocked. She thought Amber would probably just see them being way too close but she had never expected Amber to catch them kissing.

"WAIT! HOW DO YOU KNOW!" shouted Taeyeon and Amber turned around with her signature grin.

Amber simply did a salute and waved good bye to TaengSic. Taeyeon was infuriated and she kicked the rock beside her angrily. Her foot ws hurting but she was too angry to care about anything

Jessica walked away silently too and Taeyeon ran up to her. She grabbed her wrist and turned her around,"where are you going?"

"What's the point of staying since you don't want me anymore?" chuckled Jessica sarcastically and she tried to walk away again but Taeyeon was holding onto her wrist tightly.

"No. Stay." said Taeyeon firmly. Jessica locked her eyes with Taeyeon and she said coldly,"just because you gave an example of me being the puppy, doesn't mean that I'm really an obedient puppy of yours. Let me go Kim Taeyeon."

Taeyeon was taken aback by Jessica's coldness and her words. "I.. didn't mean that.."

Jessica ignored her and Taeyeon begged,"can't you stay? i need you."

Jessica's heart softened a little at Taeyeon's words but she grew angrier as she recalled what Taeyeon told her just now.

"You need me? first, you said we need a break, then you asked me to stay. I needed you too but you insisted on the breaking part. Make up your bloody mind Kim Taeyeon!" bellowed Jessica and Taeyeon was startled. Her grip on Jessica's wirst loosened and Jessica's hand fell back to her side

"Good bye Kim Taeyeon," said Jessica through her gritted teeth and she spun around to scurry off.

Taeyeon stayed rooted to the ground and watched Jessica's backview gettibg smaller and smaller until she disappeared from her sight.

[ What have i done? why.. why does my heart hurt so much? Just.. who do i really love..? ] -Taeyeon

***

Taeyeon returned to Jung's home and thanked god that she had a spare key, or else Jessica would lock her out for sure

She walked stealthily into Krystal's room and saw that she was still sleeping soundly. From a particular angle, Taeyeon thought she saw Jessica sleeping on the bed.

"Sooyeon.." Her heart wrenched and she found it difficult to breathe. The memories of them in these two weeks flashed through her mind which brought her sadness.

"I'm sorry soojung.." whispered Taeyeon and she turned around to leave.

Taeyeon barged into Jessica's room and found her crying on her bed. "Sooyeon.."

Jessica looked up from her pillow and she looked a little surprise to see Taeyeon walking towards her with an unreadable expression.

"What are you doing here? get ou- mmf!"

---

---

--- TBC. I'M really sorry for not being able to update frequently. I need to run my business and i promise i will still try to update as frequently as possible.

HERE'S THE DEAL. I will update once a week, sorry if that's too little. probably double updates sometimes? :)

AND I find that this isn't really like a comedy anymore. So i apologised. I planned to make it funny but i guess it didn't work out well. Nevertheless, this story will still continue.

What do you think about the ending o this chapter? ;)