I'm sorry

Living with the enemy

 

He was surprised at how light blondie was in his arms, it was almost as if he was carrying a pillow. He was angry at how unresponsive the boy was being in his arm, with Yongbae he was calm; he hadn't meant to partially stalk them all day but he couldn't help it.

"When I said take care of him, this wasn't what I had in mind but I like it" His mother was standing by Jiyong's door, looking at them with a smile on her face.

"Mom" he said dryly, walking past her into Jiyong's room to drop him on the bed "I thought you were Japan"

"Yeah but I thought I'd check on you two" she replied as they bickered for a bit. "Was that Youngbae, why did he leave"?

"We're not friends anymore, and he isn't allowed in this house anymore" 

Jiyong was still reeling from it all; from Taeyang offering him a place to stay to Seunghyun carrying him out of Taeyang's car yelling. His life had changed drastically 

"You guys have been friends forever, what did he do"?

"Mom. Can we please talk about this somewhere else"? He loved his mother but she always tried to get in his business.

"No, you guys all go to the same school. I think Jiyong should be in this conversation, and I'm calling Taeyang to come over" she said pulling out her phone.

"Mom why can't you just stay out of this"? He snapped her, making her pull him by the ear.

"Mom"! He whined loudly at the pain. Jiyong watched them both, surprised at how Seunghyun was acting; he seemed like a child.

 

Their interaction made him miss his mother, he wondered if they would have been as close as Seunghyun and his mother. He rarely missed his mother because even when she was around, she was always busy, his father had been busy too all the time but he always  made time for him but she never did but seeing Seunghyun and his mother bicker like kids made him miss mother.

"It's settled then, Yongbae is coming over for dinner" he heard her say to Seunghyun before he stormed out slamming the door behind him.

"So how was school"? She asked jumping on Jiyong's bed like a high schooler.

"It was....okay" He was still in shock at how young and friendly she was, if he didn't know better, he would have thought she was Seunghyun's sister.

"You know you can talk to me right, just think of me as your Omma" He had never spoken to anyone about his school life or feelings before except Bom, but something about the woman before him made him want to pour his heart out to her and so he did. He told her about Bom and how she left and how everything changed, and how Dongwook had helped him a lot, and how Teayang was so nice to him but omitted the parts about Seunghyun.

"I think Taeyang likes you" she said smiling at him.

"Mrs Choi..." He gasped. She was being ridiculous, Taeyang was only being nice to him because no one else dared to talk to him since Seunghyun was out for him.

"Or do you like Dongwook"? She asked making him blush. He liked Dongwook, there was no denying that but Dongwook only saw him as a little brother and nothing more. He sat there not saying anything for a while till she sighed "Dinner would be served shortly, I will send Seunghyun down to help you with everything and bring you down when you're ready"

"No it's fine, I can do it" 

"Okay, ill call when the table is set. Get some rest" She smiled, ruffled his hair and left.

The last thing he wanted was being alone with Seunghyun, the boy was volatile. He thought about Taeyang as he wondered if Taeyang actually liked him like Seunghyun's mother said. He hated being immobile as he tried wriggling his ankle. He was surprised at the little pain that emanated from it, he stood up with it and tried walking; although he had a limp, walking was fine. He was happy because it meant it injury had been exaggerated and he could go back home.

 

Mi Rae had seen it all, how Taeyang had looked at Jiyong and how Seumghyun had gotten angry and walked off carrying Jiyong. Being so far away, she couldn't hear what was said between the two but she was sure it was because of their new house guest and it made her happy a bit. Seunghyun had never really been that angry and vocal or even defensive, after his experience, it was as if he had learned to to care about anything and it bothered her. She even went as far as getting him a shrink so he could talk it put but that never happened, it's been eight years since she'd been trying to get him to talk it out, taking him to different people but nothing. Seunghyun needed Taeyang, he was the only friend Seunghyun hadn't pushed away so she was going to help them resolve whatever had happened between them and she hoped Jiyong wouldn't be hurt.

 

Dinner was served everyone was at the table except Jiyong was would be joining them soon enough. Mi Rae watched as her son and his best friend were seated far from each other and looking anywhere but at each other.

"Are you two really being this childish"? 

He loved his mother but he wished she had just left everything alone, it was his problem and he didn't want it fixed, not until Taeyang apologized.

"He's the one being childish" Taeyang spoke up.

"Hi" Jiyong said from the door; when the maid called him for dinner, decided to walk with her so he could convince everyone that he was fine and that he was ready to leave.

"Jiyong, where is your wheelchair" Mi Rae ran up to the boy, she was a little shocked that he figured it out quickly; the wheelchair had only been a way to get him to move in, she didn't want him living by himself.

"I wanted to show you that I'm fine now and I can go home"

"Let's talk after dinner okay, eat first" she said pulling him to the table to sit between her and Taeyang, and across Seunghyun.

"I'm glad you're okay" Taeyang said to Jiyong making Seunghyun angry again

"So I'm guessing your whole wheel chair stunt was just a way to get to live in my house huh"?

"Seunghyun watch your mouth" He was sick of his best friends bull.

"But it's true, so did you have a good time. Was it what you expected"? Seunghyun continued regardless of how angry his mother and Taeyang looked.

"Seung...." His mother was about saying when Jiyong cut her off

"Point of correction, it's not your house. It's your mother's house and actually, it did fall a little short of my expectation" Jiyong snapped making everyone, including Seunghyun look at him with wide eyes. 

"In your face Seunghyun"! Mi Rae and laughed, she had to admit, she had mistaken Jiyong for the soft type but seeing how he just spoke to Seunghyun, she knew she was in for a lot of surprises. After all he was a dragon.

The table was silent for a while before she finally spoke again "So...what happened between you two today"? She asked her son and his best friend.

"Nothing much, I just grew tired of Seunghyun" Taeyang said drily.

"Yeah, I realized youngbae's a backstabber and a thief" Seunghyun shot back ,angrily

"How did I ever stab you in the back and what did I steal"?

"You tried to steal something from my house"!

"We'll if you don't treat something right and that thing hates you anyway, it's free to be taken"!

"Well if the thing is mine, it's not supposed to be taken at all. It's mine"

"It's not yours, it was put under your protection. Why do you even care, you hate the thing anyways" Taeyang yelled, making Seunghyun stop 'why do I care'? He thought.

"Are you guys in some kind of gang. I don't understand. What was taken"? His mothers voice snapped him out of his trance, he looked up to see a confused mother and blonde boy. Blondie also had a pout on his face that he couldn't look away from 'why do I care'? He thought again.

"Remember you also took my pink bear brick five years ago, it was precious to me" Seunghyun said after a while making Taeyang laugh a little; he knew he could never stay mad at Seunghyun for too long. Although Seunghyun never says sorry to anyone, he always had a way to make them move past anything.

"You said you didn't want it after Dongwook hyung teased you for buying a pink one" Taeyng laughed as he remembered how they fought the pink bear brick all those years ago. It was the most ridiculous argument they ever had.

"You boys are so childish" Mi Rae said laughing with them, she remembered it too. She had to break the toy so they would stop fighting. It was quite an ordeal.

"Sorry for punching you" Taeyang finally said.

"It's okay, I deserved it"

"Yeah, and a hundred more"

"I can't believe I missed that, Youngbae you're so cool" Mi Rae said smiling at her sons best friend, she was really grateful for him. She sometimes wished she could punch her son. 

"Mom"! Seunghyun yelled "you should sympathize with me, not praise him.

Jiyong could do nothing but watch the scene before him, it surprised him how Seunghyun seemed like a different person at school and home.

"Son, let me help you with that" Mrs Choi said  helping Jiyong break the fish so he could eat it with his rice. He almost cried, his mother used to do that for him whenever they ate together.

"Wow, why don't you just adopt him" Seunghyun said "Hey blondie, don't you have a mother, how would she feel when she finds out you've abandoned her for someone else's. You should...."

"Seunghyun"!! Mrs Choi yelled but it was too late, the tears were dropping from his face now, he couldn't hide it. He rarely ever cried for his mother but he was having a weak day, he especially missed her today so it hurt more.

"Ex....cuse...me" he said and limped quickly out of the room.

"What did I do this time, I was just joking". He really was just joking, he didn't mean for the boy to cry and run out. 

"His mother is dead Seunghyun" his mother said sadly making him realize how insensitive he had been.

"I guess I need those hundred more punches" he said to Taeyang.

"I'll go look for him" Taeyang rose up but was stopped by Seunghyun.

"It's my mess, I'll fix it" He said briefly and walked out. He might have wanted to hurt the boy, but making a joke of someone's dead parent was out of line, he could imagine how he would feel if someone spoke about his father like that.

H walked into blondie's room to see him, head into the pillow crying silently. 'I must have really hurt him' he thought as he stood by the open door, not sure how to approach the crying boy.

"Hey" he said silently making the boy spring up almost immediately.

"What do you want, haven't you said enough"! the boy yelled as more tears dropped from his eyes "I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you hate me so much, sorry for getting hurt and having to live in your house, I promise I would be out by tomorrow so please just leave me alone, please" he said with palms clasped together in a pleading manner.

"I...I..just wanted to say I am really...very...sorry" he said and left immediately, not sure how much of the crying boy he could handle and for the first time in a long time, he really he felt like .