Midnight stalk

Living with the enemy

 

He wasn’t prepared to see Jiyong. When he landed, he thought he had at least a day to gather himself before seeing Jiyong but then Bom went ahead and brought him over and by God, Jiyong had never looked more gorgeous. Something was wrong though, Jiyong seemed to have lost weight and was slowly transitioning into a very skinny panda and it worried him. He hated seeing Jiyong like that and for a second he doubted his decision to leave; his entire time away, the thought about the possibility of being wrong about Jiyong, what if Jiyong never hated him but he knew what he heard and there were countless times he wanted to hop on the first plane back to Seoul but Jiyong’s words played over and over at the back of his mind.

The first two months were the worst; he spent his entire time listening to Jiyong’s cd and all Chopin’s work with Jiyong on his mind. Several times, he’d overheard the workers talking about two people from Korea who were constantly sent back due to his grandfather’s orders, and one day he heard Jiyong from inside his house. At first he thought he was dreaming but after peeping from the stairs it really was Jiyong and he was going out to get him but his grandfather appeared rendering Jiyong with so much insults that broke his heart. He wanted to go out to protect him but there was too much as stake, and after that day he was shipped off to New York to live with one of his uncles where he ran into Bom.

Six months had past and there he was, in the same city as Jiyong again but nothing had changed; his feelings were still intact or more if possible. As if being in the same living room was not enough, the torture continued when he had to drive him home. He knew what his mother was doing and he wasn’t sure if he should be grateful. The ride was quiet with Jiyong looking out the window, crying ‘please don’t cry because of me, I don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve you’. He wanted nothing more than to hold him and tell him everything was going to be fine but he couldn’t, he had no right. Plus he was supposed to be with Bom, it was the condition of his return to Seoul and he couldn’t screw up.

“How did you know”? The minute he parked by Jiyong’s house, he knew he screwed up. Jiyong wasn’t supposed to know he had someone watch over him and he had to make up a good lie.

“You should go, I have to get home” he said quickly, keeping his eyes forward so they wont betray him.

“Seunghyun how did you know where I live now, you haven’t been in Seoul in months”! his yongie was too smart for his own good.

“Bom and I found out when we landed. It was how she was able to find you” ‘whoa Seunghyun, you’re way smarter than everyone gives you credit for’ he praised himself a little.

“Don’t lie to me, Bom heard from Yoomi”

“Whatever Jiyong. Just get out of my car” he wanted to punch himself in the face.

“Seunghyun what happened to you”? Jiyong said as he reached for him but he pulled back. “Seunghyun talk to me, this doesn’t make sense,” more tears poured out of Jiyong’s eyes and he had to clench his fist to keep from wiping the tears off his face.

“Jiyong please leave. I have nothing to say to you”

“Just tell me what I did wrong”

‘Yongie please don’t cry, please you’re killing me’ “Nothing, I got tired of you”

“Then look me in the eyes, you haven’t looked me in the eyes since you got here” Jiyong was pushing it.

“Fine”! He said turning to face Jiyong fully now. “Have you seen enough”? he said calmly after a few minutes but deep down he was shaky.

“You still love me” Jiyong smiled.

“Don’t be ridiculous, get out Jiyong” ‘I love you and would do anything for you’

“Hyunnie please just talk to me" Jiyong pleaded as he backed up.

"Wow you're really dumb arent you"? the words came out like venom and it stung him to have to say it. "It was a game, move on. Bom and i were always meant to be"

"Seung..."

"GET OUT"!! He yelled making Jiyong jump a little; it wasn't supposed to be so loud and he regretted it. 

"Goodbye Seunghyun" Jiyong said as he opened the car door, got out, and closed it slowly behind him.

 

 

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT”!!!! He burst into the guest room where Bom was staying. “That was not the plan”

“Well I thought I’d have a little fun” Bom smirked, still engrossed in painting her nails, and he wanted nothing more than to ship her off, back to America or Timbuktu if possible, but he couldn’t. He was stuck with her.

“A little fun? You almost gave me a heart attack” Bom was nice but her sarcasm got on his nerves from time to time and he couldn’t believe he once thought he liked her.

“You should have seen the look on his face when I told him I was with you, or when you called me girlfriend” she said and laughed some more.

“Seriously Bom, just go with the plan; Pretend to be my girlfriend so Jiyong would stay away, we never agreed for you to rub it in his face”

“But I was only having fun. I’m sorry” she said pouting, which never seemed to work on him. No one pouted like Jiyong did; Jiyong’s pouts were his kryptonite.

“Isn’t he supposed to be your best friend, why would you want to do that”?

“Why so serious, it’s just a harmless joke grandpa” it was times like these, he wanted to bash her head in.

“Harmless? Did you see Jiyong, did..” he choked a little “did you see him, he was crying”!!

“Well you cried too, for months and you still do”

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business”!!!

“Don’t forget I’m trying to help you here”

“And I’m helping you too, so quit it. Unless you’re going to make Jiyong happy, stay away from him” he said as he walked to the door, his anger was enveloping him “I mean it Bom. And don’t ever call me Hyunnie, its not your place”

“Hynnieeeeeeeeeeee” God! She was annoying.

“Seriously”? he said before opening the door “And don’t ever go into the piano room”

“Yeah yeah yeah, I’ve heard all about the room no one’s supposed to enter” he heard her say as he was walking out.

 

“Seunghyun what are you doing”? his mother scared him a little. “Come with me”! his mother took him by the ear.

“aisshhhh” he whined as she took him by the ears all the way to the piano room.

“Seunghyun are you stupid, what do you think you’re doing”? She released him after closing the door behind her.

“How much did you hear”?

“Everything. So you’re using Bom to make Jiyong jealous”? She smacked him lightly behind his head. “How could you do that, do you know how much that boy has been through, travelling all around just to look for you”?

“Omma it’s more complicated than that”

“Really, because it seems pretty easy. Did you see the look on his face when you called Bom your girlfriend, how could you make Jiyong cry like that”?

“Omma you think it doesn’t hurt me to see him like that, knowing that I caused him to be that way”? The tears were coming again.

“Then why not just go to him, Jiyong loves you”

“He doesn’t love me, he never did”

“Seung…”

“Omma please just stay out of this, please” He said as he turned his back to walk away, times had changed. He wasn’t the old Seunghyun anymore; the seunghyun who wore his heart on his sleeves was gone.

“Seunghyun you’re making a horrible mistake”

“I know” he said before leaving, not to his room but for a drive; he needed to clear his head. It was only his first night back and it already felt like he'd been back for weeks.

 

He wasn't sure how long he'd driven around the streets of seoul, but there he was, in JIyong's neighborhood, parked at the corner watching the house. He wanted to see Jiyong again, he wanted to know if Jiyong was thinking about him the same way he is. He wanted to apologize for hurting him and for yelling at him.  Pulling out his phone, he opened all the messages and emails Jiyong sent him over the months like he always did as he read each over and over again, Jiyong's messages were always so deep and detailed but there were never any I love you's. He was about to drive back home when a car sped past his and stopped in front of Jiyong's house and coming out of the car was his best friend. He kept watching as Taeyang ran up to the house, rang the bell, and shortly Jiyong opened the door, leaping into Taeyang's arms in a long and lingering hug. He clenched his fist as he watched the scene before him as his whole body shuddered. He wanted to drive off and forget the scene he just witnessed but decided not to when Taeyang pulled Jiyong into the house, shutting the door behind him.

 

It was now 4am and Taeyang was still not out, they turned off all the lights hours ago and tears burned his eyes at the thought of what could be going on with them behind closed doors.

 

Seunghyun>>>Taeyang

Yah! I’m back in Seoul. Omma wants to have brunch at noon.

He was about driving back when someone hopped in his car. "OH MY GOD! you scared me" he was panting when he realized it was Jiyong's father.

"Yah seunghyun, how are you going to protect my Jiyong if you're not brave" Jiyong's father was surprisingly calm. "You've been sitting here for a while. Why don't you just go up and ring the bell like a normal person"?

"I...I...."

"Yeah...the whole Bom thing" Jiyong's father said as he rooled his eyes. The man was getting scary.

"How..."

"I'm good at my job, but this is a little advice for you. My son is strong but everyone has their limits, see Jiyong has Taeyang, who in my opinion is a very good kid and I know he likes my son"

"Mr. Choi..."

"All i'm saying is, if you dont get your together, you're gonna drive him into Taeyang's open arms and as much as i'm routing for you, i cant help but support him" He was too late, Jiyong was already in Taeyang's arms. "Do the right thing son" Jiyong's father patted him on the shoulder before getting out of the car.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry for the short chapter guys, I wrote one super long one and i wasn't sure if you guys would like that. so another update is coming real soon (tomorrow)  :)