His protector

Living with the enemy

 

Something was wrong, he could feel it. First he woke up late this morning, although he could blame crying himself to sleep for that. Here he was rushing to school on his bike because he had overslept and he has to prepare breakfast for his father but he was sure he could make it, after all he only went very early before because Bom always insisted that they went over their assignments together before handing it in. 
Something was terribly wrong. Ever since the second week he'd been scouted to attend Top high, everyone had stopped to greet him when he arrived at school. Greet or at least smile at him but something was different, everyone seemed to be moving away or avoiding eye contact with him as he walked down the hallway. Color drained from his face as he figured out the only reason why it would be like that; Seunghyun was on to him. He had been in Top high for a year, and throughout his stay, he'd witnessed Seunghyun's bullying first hand and this was always how it started. First your name would be written on the notice board and then everyone would avoid the person for fear of getting in trouble with Seunghyun also.
"I'm so sorry" Mi sook, a girl from his class whispered to him as he made his way to the notice board to confirm that his name was there. 
There he was standing in from of a huge white board with his name written in red, across the board. 'So it's true' he said to himself. Leaving the school was not an option for him like it was for the other students who did; he was here for free and leaving would mean having to pay for a new school which he knew he could not afford. 'It is well Jiyong, this is how it's supposed to be anyway' he said trying to stop the tears that were threatening from pouring out. The last thing he wanted was to show weakness, that would only make their job easier. 
He sat in his first class, barely paying attention as he waited for something to happen but nothing did. Not until lunch time anyways.
"Hey Kwon" Taecyon, otherwise known as Seunghun's handy man yelled at him as he was seated alone in the corner, about to eat his food "Seunghyun wants you" he yelled across the cafeteria, making everyone turn to look at him. He saw the fear and pity in thier eyes as he made my way out of the cafeteria with Teacyon right behind him, pushing him like he was some prisoner. 
It was his first time in Seunghyun's lair; no one who had ever entered here ever spoke of the place and although Bom had tutored seunghyun in the place a couple of times, he never cared to ask how it looked. He took his time to look around the place as he entered; there were several flat screen tv's, a lot of sound system, a pool table, a game zone where taeyang was, engrossed in his game. He wished Taeyang wasn't present to witness what was about to happen but then he knew he was kidding himself as he was sure that Taeyang must have noticed  a lot of it.
 
He waited angrily for blondie to walk in. Last night had been the third worst nights of his life, Bom left him without so much as a goodbye. He called to ask ow her trip to Jeju was; truthfully, he was hoping she would have noticed his absence. Only to be told by the housekeeper that Bom left for America, and something about her crying and calling out blondie's name and that was when he knew blondie definitely had to pay for hurting Bom to the extent that she would run away. He composed himself, as blondie was bound to be coming in a sobbing mess like everyone had been but here he was, walking in with no expression and acting like he owned the place.
"I'm sure you know why I've called you here" he tried to be calm but he was furious. He wanted to kill this smug boy before him.
"Yes" even his voice was girly.
"I was originally going to beat the out of you and then throw you out, but because you are Bom's friend. I'll give you today to get your things and get out" Still no emotion from him.
"I'm so sorry but I can't leave"
"What"? 
"I can't leave Top high, even if you kill me"
"I was hoping you'd say that blondie" he rose up to lift the boy's chin. 'What kind of boy has soft skin' he asked himself the minute his hand touched blondie's chin. "Because I was looking forward to making your life a living hell" 
 
It was the first time he was seeing seunghyun so close and despite the situation, he had to admit how good looking he was. His eyes almost reminded him of his Kimdduk angel but he knew there was no way he could compare his angel to the devil before him. 
"Take him away" he heard seunghyun and the thing he knew he was dragged out till they reached the males bathroom, shoved across the wall with punches rendered on his face till he felt nothing. 
 
Dongwook sighed as he walked around Top high. It was nighttime and there was no one in school; it was the perfect time for him to walk around his old high school. He missed high school, but he knew Top high had changed. Changed since when the school was run by him and his friends, from what he heard Seunghyun had ruined the harmony of the school and he knew he should talk to seunghyun about it but he couldn't bring himself to do it. The loss had affected seunghyun more and if this was his way of dealing with it, he would just have to turn the other way. He walked across the notice board with the name Kwon Jiyong written across it and stopped short at the familiarity of the name. 'There's no way it would be him, theres no way he would be in trouble right' he asked himself remembering what he'd heard about the people that got on his brothers bad side. His heart lurched as he made a mental note to look into it some more.
"Is someone there"? He asked when he heard voices from the male bathroom. He walked in to see no one, he was about walking out when he heard the groan again and this time it was coming from one of the corner stall. He walked over to see him, the one person he couldn't stop thinking about, the one person he'd swore to protect. His heart broke at the sight of the semi unconscious Jiyong with a split lip and  black eye looking helpless and beat up. He bent down, taking Jiyong in his arms as tears escaped his eyes.
"I'm so sorry....I should be protecting you. I'm so sorry" He continued crying as he lifted Jiyong out to his car.
He drove to his pent house with the boy regaining consciousness a few times. He arrived shortly and carried him up, but not without a few awkward glances from the workers. Putting him in his bedroom, he got his first aid kit and tended to his injuries.
"Angel" the boy said and smiled a bit before drifting into sleep.
"I'm not your angel Jiyong. I failed" he couldn't help it as the tears poured "I failed at protecting you".
It was now 11pm as he drove the boy to his house, he could still remember from the time he dropped him off. He wondered why his father hadn't bothered to call
"Jiyong"? The tired looking man appeared. "What happened"? He asked, sounding more alert than before.
"He fell off his bike" he lied. "Where do I put him"? 
He was led to the room he presumed to be the boy's. Compared to the rest of the house, the room was neat, with several posters of renowned composers on his wall. 'Of course' he thought and smiled as he laid the boy on his bed, covering him. He was not a nosy person but he could not looking around.
"I guess you leave now" his father said appearing. They walked silently to the door. "Thank you for bringing him home".
"You're...." The door slammed in his face before he could complete it. He took out a cd from his jacket 'Jiyong's symphony' he didn't mean to take it but his curiosity got the best of him.  He took one last look a the demolished building. 'What happened to them. What went wrong'? He thought as he got in his car. He needed to talk to Seunghyun. 
 
-------
forgive any error