The aftermath

Living with the enemy

 

He hadn’t texted or spoken to Seunghyun since he called and said those three words. ‘Did he say you or it’ he thought. ‘What if he meant he loved my voice’? He was in deep thoughts when the plate he was washing slipped out of his hands and crashed on the floor.

“Jiyong…you’ve been spacing out all day. Are you okay”? His father said from the living room.

“Yeah…sorry appa”

“Jiyong, can I talk to you”? His father walked over to where he was doing the dishes.

“Yeah”

“Ji, are you okay. I feel like I’m loosing you, I feel like you’ve been avoiding me”

“Appa no…”

“Is it because of Seunghyun”? He froze. ‘Does he know’?

“Appa… I..”

“I know you hate me because I told you to stay away from him, but just know that I’m doing it for you” He sighed in relief but he was confused.

“I don’t understand why you don’t like him, you don’t even know him”!! It was the first time they were having the conversation about Seunghyun and he was going to get it all out. His father didn’t even know the Choi’s and he was quick to judge them, which was unlike him.

“Oh you mean the Seunghyun that pushed you down the stairs and made you end up in the hospital”?

“I already told you. It was a misunderstanding,he only tapped me a little and i slipped”! he was angry now.

“Really, but what about the day his brother brought you home battered and you tried to lie to me that you fell off your bike” the conversation was making him more angry.

“How did you know Dongwook”? his father was keeping things fron him and he knew it.

“Everyone in this town knows the Choi brothers”

“I didn’t” it was true, he never knew they were brothers.

“Have you been talking to Seunghyun, even though I told you not to”?

“No” he lied.

“Don’t lie to me Kwon Jiyong. You know better than to keep things from me”

“Oh like the way you’ve been keeping things from me”? His father hit a nerve now. “I never once asked you about mom’s death, I just accepted whatever you said because we were both hurting” he was yelling now.

“Ji..”

“I never once asked you about the men in suits who always come here from time to time, I saw them again last night when I was coming back from the radio station”

“Jiyong I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have doubted you. I know you’d never lie to me” He felt bad, lying was exactly what he was doing but at least his father didnt deny he was keeping things from him.

“Its okay”

“Jiyong, I know this isn’t the right time but I have to travel tomorrow to return on Tuesday”

“It’s okay” he knew his father was definitely hiding something but it was okay. “But appa, you need to meet Seunghyun, he’s nice… he has..”

“Jiyong, I’m serious. Stay away from that boy please”

“But…”

“No buts”

“I can’t take this, I’m going to a walk” His father was annoying him.

“Its dark out, you…” he didn’t wait to hear what his father had to say before the slammed the door behind him. He really liked Seunghyun and if his father didn’t like him, he didn’t know what he would do

 

SEUNGHYUN'S POV

He’d been sitting in his car close to Jiyong’s house for over an hour, not sure how to face Jiyong. He wasn’t planning on saying those three words the day before; it just slipped out before he could stop it. He was considering turning back when he saw Jiyong walk out of his house, he sat there till he got closer and there were tears in his eyes.

“Yongie”? he said getting out of his car, he didn’t know why Jiyong would be crying but it made his heart ache.

“Seunghyun”? Jiyong asked, as he stood frozen, staring at him like he was staring at a ghost.

“Yongie are you okay, what’s wrong”?

“Seunghyun..” Jiyong ran to him, hugging him tightly. Jiyong was so warm that it made his heart race. “What are you doing here”? Jiyong pulled back, taking his warmth with him.

“Uhmm, I just got here. I tried texting you but you didn’t answer”. It was a lie, he never texted. he just sat out there like a coward.

“Yeah” Jiyong said smiling and pulled something out of his pocket, it was a white iPhone5, like he one he gave him.

“Yonggie what happened to your Samsung”?

“Well I think I’m more of an iPhone person” Jiyong said beaming.

“Yon…..”

“You said you got me the phone to see if I accept you…. well” Everyday with Jiyong was becoming his favorite, and it would be better if he just kissed him. He pulled Jiyong closer to him.

“Not here, what if my dad walks out” Jiyong pulled back.

“Wanna take a ride with me”? He opened the passenger door open for him.

“Thanks” Jiyong said as he walked to the opened door, placed a kiss on his cheek “Hyunnie” and got into the car

'Oh Jiyong' he sighed as he ran his hands through his hair before walking over to driver’s sidet.

The ride was quiet at first with Jiyong looking out the window.

“Are you okay, you were crying earlier”

“I just had a fight with my father. It was the first time I ever fought with him and I feel bad”

“Sorry babes, what’d you fight about”? Calling him babes was fast becoming a habit and he was happy Jiyong wasn’t calling him out on it or talking about those three words the day before.

“You”

“WHAT”! it came out louder than he wanted it to.

“yeah, he doesn’t want me talking to you”

“You shouldn’t fight with him over that, I don’t want you fighting with him because of me. Just wait for him, he’ll come around” He said and the car was quiet again.

“Seunghyun…uhmmm yesterday… when you called, you said…”

“Yeah… yesterday…when I called and said I loved the say hyunnie sounds when you say it” he was shaking, he didn’t want Jiyong thinking he was moving too fast, and there was a chance Jiyong didn’t feel the same way and may never feel the same way.

“Oh” he heard disappointment in Jiyong’s voice. “uhmm… Seunghyun, can we drive back to my house now. My father would be getting worried”

Now it was his turn to be disappointed; he’d waited all day to spend time with Jiyong but he went and ruined it.

 

“Uhmm, thanks for the ride” Jiyong said as he stopped by his house, he didn’t want to let him go but but he couldn’t make him stay. “Bye” Jiyong got out.

“Jiyong..” he got out of the car too. This wasnt the night he had planned.

“Yeah”?

“Okay I’m going to say this and leave okay. So don’t say anything, and when I do, just forget it”

“Seung….”

“I love you Kwon Jiyong, I know this is fast and out of the blue but its how I feel and yesterday when I said it, I didn’t mean your voice, I meant you” He said quickly, walked back to his car and sped off, trying to get control of his hands and heart.

 ‘AIISH! Why did I do that’? he grumbled, he was going to have to face Jiyong at school the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry this seems rushed, but i thought i'd leave this here before i start studying :(