Prelude to the truth

Living with the enemy

 

Okay lovlies....... this is a long chapter so be prepared, half of it is a filler and the other half leads into the rest of the story. The main story starts henceforth, all your questions would be answered  the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MIRAE'S POV

Mirae waited patiently for her son, she was told he drove off with the car the minute his plane touched down in the hanger and she knew exactly where he would be. She was more than happy when she heard Jiyong stormed into their house and straight to Seunghyun. She knew they had gotten close and as happy as she was, she was also sad for them. There was just too much between them, too much lies, too much secrets.

“OMMA”! Seunghyun yelled from behind her, frightening her a little. Something was different about Seunghyun; he had a new smile on his face. He looked so happy that it broke her heart.

“Someone’s happy”

“Omma you’ve missed so much” Seunghyun bounced on one of the chair’s beside her in the kitchen.

“I’m hoping you’ll fill me in, you look too happy considering you just got back from your grandfather’s house” She didn’t want to talk about her father in law trying to take Seunghyun from her because she knew none of her son's would ever leave her, especially Seunghyun.

“UGH. I don’t want to talk about him, same ol’ same ol’” she laughed at that, he was being an energizer bunny and she missed it about him, lately he'd been all gloomy.

“What is this about”?

“I told Jiyong I loved him” It was the last thing she’d expected to hear, she wasn’t even sure if she was ready to hear it.

“and what did he say”?

“Nothing... I drove away before he could say anything…..aiiish….. omma..” her heart warmed as she watched her son blush before her “my heart won’t stop beating, and my stomach hurts like I want to throw up, plus I’ve been shivering. Omma I think I’m sick” She laughed this time; Seunghyun of all people was acting like a girl and if there was one thing Seunghyun got from her, it was his ability to wear his heart on his sleeves the moment he lets someone in, with him there was no holding back when he had his heart set on something. It was something she and Dami always fought about because Dami was the opposite; she never showed how she truly felt. “Omma say something…. What if he doesn’t feel the same way”?

“Let me tell you about an old friend of mine, and I only tell you because she reminds me of Jiyong. She was the type that never show how she truly felt, she always thought it was best for her to hold it in but deep inside, she loved more than everyone else”

“I don’t understand. I mean if you like someone, why not come out and just say it, it makes no sense”

“I know right, I kept telling Dam…” she stopped before she completed Dami’s name. “I just want you to give Jiyong time, he’ll come around, like he did after walking away from you that night” she hugged her son.

“Omma you’re the best”

“I know” She got lucky with her family, although everyone thought Seunghyun was arrogant and spoiled, she knew better. “I have to travel tomorrow but Dara’s bringing Minzy over after school. You have to look after her till night time when Dara picks her up okay”?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JIYONG'S POV

Sleep was non-existent for him as he tossed and turned all night with Seunghyun’s words etched in his mind.

“Wow, did you even sleep last night. Why do you look like that”? His father asked as he was seated on the dinning table.

“Too much on my mind”

“Jiyong… I’m really sorry about last night…”

“Don’t worry dad, trust me, that was far from the reason for my insomnia”

“Okay but I still have to leave to day, the train leaves at noon and…”

“You don’t have to tell me anything, just go…” he stood up and picked his backpack “I’m going to school, the bus would be here soon” he walked towards the door.

“But you haven’t eaten anything”

“I’m not hungry” he said and shut the door behind him. He felt bad but he couldn’t help it, he’d always been the obedient dummy son who never asked for anything or even rebelled but the first favor he was asking of this father, he wouldn’t accept. If his father had spent less time hating Seunghyun and more time trying to get to know him, he would understand he liked him so much.

“Hey boyfriend”. A voice startled him, and he looked up to see none other than Seunghyun, leaning beside a car dressed in black jeans, a white V-neck tee with a black leather jacket. “Hey” He didn’t know how long he’d been holding his breath.

“Se.. Seunghyun, what are you doing here”? He said as he looked around, hoping his father was nowhere in sight.

“I’m your driver… I’m here to take you to school” Seunghyun smirked as he closed the gap between them. “Cat’s got your tongue yongie”? he could feel Seunghyun’s breath on his face, they were so close and he knew what was coming so he closed his eyes in anticipation but nothing came, instead he felt his backpack being snatched out of his hand. “What were you expecting”? Seunghyun asked as he made his way back to the car.

He knew Seunghyun was teasing but was disappointed, he also wanted to talk about the night before “Seunghyun, about last night…”

“No forget it. I told you how I felt and I meant it, I don’t want to rush you. Just tell me whenever you want” Seunghyun said with his eyes on the road.

“Thanks” he liked Seunghyun, that much he knew but wasn’t love too soon. ‘What if I love him already’? He thought with his eyes never leaving his y driver. He knew there was a possibility that he already did, Seunghyun made him feel things he’d never felt before. The rest of the car ride was silent with Seunghyun’s free hand grazing his from time to time.

“Okay I’ll let the school know that you’re mine and no one’s allowed to look at you ever again” Seunghyun said taking his hand in his as they walked in to school together but it wasn’t what he wanted; Seunghyun was the school’s big bad wolf and he didn’t want to be the reason people thought less of him. There were gay couples at school and no one cared but none of them were Seunghyun, people already thought bad of him.

“Uhmmm Seunghyun..” he snatched his hand away quickly. “How about I’ll see you when school’s over. Bye” he ran off quickly before Seunghyun had the chance to say a word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAEYANG'S POV

He was ready; today was the day he was going to tell Jiyong how he truly felt. The little conversation with Jiyong about going after something you want made him realize what he had to do but he had to tell Seunghyun first.

“Hey”! He said as he got in to the lair, Seunghyun was playing a video game angrily. ‘Bad day to be in a bad mood’ “Are you okay”?

“Peachy. Just peachy” Seunghyun answered with his face still glued to the television. It was time he just had to tell Seunghyun and get over it. “Hey Taeyang, there’s something I have to tell you, I like….”

“I HAVE FEELINGS FOR JIYONG”! He blurted out, cutting his friend off. He had to say it once and for all. “Say something” he added after watching Seunghyun freeze for several minutes with his eyes still glued to the TV but no longer playing the game.

“How long”?

“What”?

“How long have you liked him”? He didn’t know what he was expecting of Seunghyun but it wasn’t this.

“Uhmm since two semesters ago; last semester of junior year when you kept going on and on about Bom…. I dunno, I guess I’ve always liked him” he watched Seunghyun take out his phone “Say something, please”

“Well there’s no one else yong…. Jiyong deserves more. Be good to him” Seunghyun was acting weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JIYONG'S POV

Seunghyun>>>>Jiyong

Meet me at the back of school

 

He was in class when he read the message, but rushed out to see Seunghyun.

“hyunnie” For some reason he missed Seunghyun.

“Jiyong…” He was a little disappointed, he got used to hearing yongie from him. “I think we should stop this, seeing each other” he wanted to laugh but the serious look on Seunghyun’s face kept him from laughing.

“Is it because of this morning, because….”

“No its not because of that”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAEYANG'S POV

He was ready to tell Jiyong, he was on his way to their secret place where they always had lunch.

“Hey” He said as he approached Jiyong, he could hear sniffling but jiyong had his back to him. “Jiyong…” he walked closer to Jiyong and he was right, he had tears streaming down his face. “What happened, are you okay”?

“No I’m not, Seunghyun broke up with me….” He didn’t hear right, he couldn’t have “for no reason, we were going good, he even seemed fine when he picked me up this morning”

“I’m confused. You and Seunghyun”?

“Oh, I forgot to tell you….” He listened as Jiyong told him everything, from the night of the beating to the rain, and even as it pained him to hear, the kisses. He listened in silence as he died on the inside; he wondered how he couldn’t have seen it. “Sorry I didn’t tell you on time, it kind of sneaked up on me”

He waited till school was over, he wanted to be angry but he couldn’t. He felt bad for Seunghyun.

“Hey where’ve you been”? He asked as Seunghyun walked into the lair, he hadn’t seen Seunghyun since he told him about his feelings for Jiyong.

“Just around, thought I’d take a little drive”

“Seriously Seunghyun, you keep skipping school. High school'll be over in like two months, we have to go to college you know”

“I already have our acceptance letters into Top College, plus it was different this time. I really needed a breather” Seunghyun smirked, looking anywhere but at him.

“Taking a breather after breaking up with Yongie”? Seunghyun froze.

“Taeyang...”

“How could you do that Seunghyun, why didn’t you tell me? How could you break up with him like that”?

“You liked him a long time ago, and you’re better than me. I don’t deserve him”

“Seunghyun you’re my best friend but if anyone deserves to be with Ji, its you. I know you, beneath all that tough exterior is a cute little girl, now please go after your yongie” There was a reason he valued Seunghyun’s friendship, and this was it. How fast it was for Seunghyun to break up with the one person he really cared about for him.

“But you like him Taeyang. You seemed so happy this morning, how can i take that from you”

“please do I’ll get over this, like you did Bom. Now go, Ji wouldn’t stop crying” Seunghyun seemed alert now.

“He was crying… when I told him, I could have swore he smiled and walked away”

“Well he was crying. Take him home, I’ll see you guys later” he was still hurt but he was going to be fine.

“Thank you so much… can I hug you”?

“See… cute little girl” he said and they both laughed “ Hey Seunghyun, two things. Don’t tell Ji about me having feelings for him and two, if you slip up, Jiyong’s mine”

“Which is why I would never slip up” Seunghyun said scurrying out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SEUNGHYUN'S POV

“Jiyong I already said sorry like a billion times, what more do you want. Name your price” he said as he drove Jiyong home, trying making up with Jiyong was one of the hardest things he’d ever done.

“I just don’t understand why you did it. Is this some kind of joke to you, how could you do that”!

“I don’t know what I was thinking, I guess I was scared but hey, weren’t you the one who wanted to hide the fact that we seeing each other”?!

“That’s because I didn’t want people laughing at you. There I said it”

“What”? Jiyong was being ridiculous, why would anyone laugh at him, and if they did, why would he care.

“People already don’t like you too much and I didn’t want people having to talk about you”

“Jiyong I don’t care what people say, I love you and I’m not sorry about that”

“I know what you can do to make it up to me… buy me ddukboki. I haven’t had them in so long and thanks to someone, I didn’t have appetite during breakfast and lunch”

“You haven’t eaten all day. I worry about you yongie. Dongwook hyung used to bring the best dduk from Busan”

“I know somewhere better”

He followed Jiyong’s direction, and in a few minutes they were seated in a local tent with a tray of ddukboki in front of them.

“Are you going to eat all these”?

“yup. Lets dig in”

He was braced with familiarity when the food touched his mouth, it was the same one his hyung always brought for him. “Yongie this is the same one hyung always brings for me”

“Are you sure”?

“Yeah…..wait, does that mean my hyung has been here before”?

“Yeah, actually I met him around here for the first time. He gave me a nylon of ddukboki” Jiyong said and chuckled “Oh wow, what are the odds”

“I wonder how he found out about this place” he thought. It seemed a little suspicious to him, his hyung always told him that they were from Busan and he never asked questions.

He watched as Jiyong finished one whole tray of food and he was amazed. “Hey so Minzy’s gonna be at my house today. I know she’ll want to see you”

“Definitely. I missed her”

“Okay so I was wondering if you wanted to stay the night, I mean our parents are out of town so…”

“I’d love to” Jiyong said blushing, making his heart still a little. He thought he was going to get rejected.

“Okay good, we have a lot of kissing to do” Jiyong’s blush deepened and he liked it.

 

They arrived at Seunghyun’s  house just in time, as Dara was dropping Minzy off.

“Jiyong oppa”!! Minzy ran into Jiyong’s arms. “Your hair looks different, are you and Seunghyun oppa married”? He heard Minzy say to Jiyong as he was talking to Dara.

“No we’re not but we call each other hyunnie and yongie thanks to you” he heard Jiyong say.

“Thanks dara. I’ll see you later” he quickly hugged her before she got in her car and drove off. “So you ran to yongie first, I thought we were best friends Minzy. Did Jiyong steal you from me”? he said as he snatched Minzy from Jiyong’s arms.

“No I still love you oppa. Now I’m going to call you appa and Jiyong, omma” Minzy squealed as they walked in to the house.

“Wait. Why am I the omma”? Jiyong protested.

“Because Omma’s are pretty and kind like you”

“Yeah, isn’t jiyong very pretty” he asked Minzy.

“Very very, hyunnie and yongie sitting on a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G” Minzy sang as he put her down.

“YAH Minzy. I’m going to get you” Jiyong screamed as he chased Minzy up the stairs.

The rest of the day went by fast, with Minzy constantly teasing which was new to Jiyong but he was used to it. In fact he liked it, and was sad to see her leave when Dara showed up to pick her up.

“What time is it”? Jiyong asked as he yawned. “I’m so tired. I couldn’t get any sleep last night”

“Its only 9, but we can head to bed. You’re starting to look like a panda” he led the weak Jiyong up to his old room.

“No I want to stay with you”

“Are you sure? I mean…”

“Please”

He didn’t need to be persuaded twice as he led jiyong to his room. They laid down together but he tried to move father away only to be pulled back.

“Ji…”

“I thought you liked teasing” Jiyong said as he rubbed his foot against this thigh “I mean, you seemed to like teasing me this morning” Jiyong’s foot was replaced with his hands and there his chest.

“Jiyo…” his breathing was hitched now and he could feel his pants rising.

“Sorry hyunnie but I’m so tired. Goodnight” jiyong said turning around, going to sleep.

“Yongie”? He was embarrassed so he ran to the bathroom. Jiyong was going to pay.

 

MIRAE'S POV

It was 7am as she made her way to the airport; after spending the night with Dongwook, she was on her way to Japan for an important meeting when she got  a call from her mother in law that her father in law was leaving for Seoul, to take Seunghyun for good and there was no way she was going to let that happen.

“Dongwook change of plans, I’m not going to Japan anymore. I’m going home”

“What”?

“Your grandfather’s on his way to take Seunghyun and it seems like he’s going to get lawyers too. Seems like he’s serious this time”

“I’ll drive you”

“Dongwook no, you have school”

“Omma family first, plus there’s someone I really want to see.”

 

JIYONG'S POV

It was 8 am and they were already late for school, thanks to Seunghyun’s constant bickering about his teasing last night and a little bit of his fault; for some reason he couldn’t keep his hands off Seunghyun.

“Seunghyun I’m leaving without you” he said as he opened the front door, only to be graced with Seunghyun’s grandfather.

“YAH KWON JIYONG”!! Seunghyun yelled as he walked toward him “Harabuji”! he said when he finally notice his grandfather standing at the door.

“Kwon Jiyong”? Seunghyun’s father asked heatedly.

“Seunghyun…” it was Seunghyun’s mother, she was racing toward the door, with Dongwook behind her. “Jiyong…. Seunghyun take Jiyong to school now” he’s never seen her look so scared.

“So this thing is Kwon Dami’s son” Seunghyun's grandfather growled startling him; he wondered how they knew his mother.

“Don’t you dare call my son a thing”!!!!!

“Appa”? Coming up from behind Dongwook was his father and he looked very angry.