02. I Thought You Were Talking To An Actual Pikachu

I Like You The Best

 

“YEODONGSAENG?”

The five members stared at Yong Jaeni in disbelief. “YOU are Junhyung hyung’s LITTLE SISTER?” Dongwoon couldn’t wipe the shock off his face, “Really, really?”

She nodded.

“I know Junhyung had a namdongsaeng, but, I never knew he had a sister.” Doojoon said, facing the rapper, who gave a disgruntled sigh.

“He’s never talked about me?” Jaeni asked, eyes wide, looking at Junhyung, “Oppa, wae?”

“It just… never came up.” Junhyung stated blankly.

“BUT BUT BUT…” Jaeni, again, pounced on the poor rapper and latched onto his arm, “OPPA WAE? WAE? WHY DO YOU ONLY TALK ABOUT HIM,” referring to Junhyung’s other younger sibling, “AND NOT ME? WAE? WAEWAEWAEEEE?” The sound of Jaeni’s tantrum filled their small dormitory.

“AISHHH JAENI YAH!” Junhyung tried to pry his arm away from his younger sister. “YAH HAJJIMA!”

“BBUUUUT OPPAAAAA.” The young girl wailed, loosening her grip on her brother. “I don’t understand, it’s not like I’m adopted or anything. WE ARE RELATED BY BLOOD.”

“Ehhh I don’t know.” Junhyung shrugged, “I just don’t talk about it!” He looked at the members, his eyes pleading for help.

“Umm.” Yoseob tried to break the awkwardness that was obviously surrounding everyone. “So, umm, Jaeni-ssi, what brings you here?”

“Well, first, I just really wanted to visit Junhyung oppa, and I know it’s his birthday today.” Jaeni innocently answered, “And I know you all just came back into the music scene and you’re planning to promote in Japan, so I was just sort of checking up if oppa was okay.”

“I know you’re not here to check up on me.” Junhyung said with a smirk, before his sister let go of his arm and slapped her hand on his face.

“HEY.” She barked. “I really did come to see you!”

“And now, suddenly you care about me? You never ask about me when we talk over the phone.”

“You two talk over the phone?” Kikwang interrupted.

“Twice, thrice a week, yeah.” Junhyung admitted, “I just didn’t put her name as Yong Jaeni in my phone. I changed it.”

“To what?”

“Pikachu.”

“SO PIKACHU WAS YOUR SISTER?”

“Yeah, what did you think?”

Doojoon looked at Dongwoon, then at Junhyung,  “Well, Dongwoon and I always thought that you had a secret girlfriend or something, and you just didn’t want to tell us.” Hyunseung nodded in agreement. “And we just never really bothered asking you.”

“So you mean to tell us,” Kikwang started scratching his chin, “That this Pikachu that’s been calling you regularly… is actually her?” He pointed at Jaeni.

“Like I said.” Junhyung replied.

“WHAT.” Kikwang’s face burned red, “I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING TO AN ACTUAL PIKACHU.”

The rest could only stare at Kikwang. “You know, they call you dumb-kwang for a reason.” The rapper sighed, “Babo.” He said under his breath, before continuing, “But yes, Pikachu is my sister.”

Jaeni beamed, “Mhmm! I call him a lot so I can check up on him and how he’s doing.”

“You don’t check up on me.” Junhyung said flatly. “But wait, do umma and appa know you’re here? Where are you even staying? We don’t live anywhere nearby.”

“Mmm, of course they know! They were more than willing to let me visit you.” Jaeni nodded, “And I’m staying over at a friend’s house.”

“A friends house?” Junhyung’s older-brother-senses were piqued.

Jaeni nodded again, “Ne. She was a senior at my school, but now she graduated and is attending a university here, so she’s residing somewhere near.” She explained, “She said it was alright and that I could stay with her while I’m here.”

“But…” Junhyung was at a loss for words, “Aiiish. This is not the kind of birthday I was expecting.” He muttered, standing up, “I’m going to take a bath.”

And with that, he strode to their room, leaving his sister, and s, in their living room.