13. You’re Lee Kikwang of Beast!

I Like You The Best

 

“Where are you?” Kikwang looked around the campus of Konkuk University, his phone by his ear. “I have your wallet. I’m at the place you asked me to meet you. Near the entrance gate, right?” He paused to listen to Dongwoon’s reply, nodding every so often, and then spoke up again. “Alright, I’ll be here. Hurry, I still have schedules to attend!” He pulled up his hood, adjusting his sunglasses. The disguise was a hassle, but in crowded places such as the university, it was a necessity.

Kikwang looked around and scoped out what was in sight of the campus, his eyes wandering over the people until they landed on one who was approaching the entrance gate. Without thought, he whipped off his sunglasses and called out, “Jiji!” It had already been a month since the girls’ and Beast’s little trip to Incheon and though the two childhood friends kept contact through texts and phonecalls, they haven’t seen each other since.

Yunji’s eyes darted left and right, searching for who called out her name. She knew it was Kikwang. The boy met her gaze and waved at her, motioning her to come over.

“What are you doing here, Kiki?” She asked, walking to her friend. 

“Dongwoon left his wallet at home, he asked me to bring it over.” Kikwang pulled out Dongwoon’s small wallet from his hoodie’s pocket and held it up. 

“That’s nice of you.” She said with a slight teasing tone.

“Don’t you know? I am such a sweet person.” Kikwang’s eyes turned into slits a he smiled, and Yunji could not help but smile back.

There was a scream, and both Kikwang and Yunji turned their eyes to where it had come from. They saw a girl running up to them, shouting “Lee Kikwang!” and pointing at the boy. Kikwang put on his sunglasses again, tightening his hood in hopes of hiding his face. The girl’s screams continued, attracting attention. “Lee Kikwang! Beast’s Lee Kikwang!” She pushed Yunji out of the way and stood in front of Kikwang, who was still attempting to remain disguised.

“Me? N-no!” He shook his head, waving his arms in front of his face. 

“You’re Lee Kikwang of Beast!” The girl said loud enough for more people to start walking closer. Kikwang continued shaking his head. More and more girls started looking, and soon enough they were all screaming along. 

Yunji stood up and brushed her knees, grumbling and picking up her books on the floor. A crowd of squealing girls had already formed around her friend. She shook her head and stood on tiptoes, trying to catch Kikwang’s attention. He saw her instantly, and she mouthed that she had to head to class. Kikwang shook his head and slowly started making his way through the crowd. With much challenge, he was able to do so. The squeals didn’t stop.

“You want me to give the wallet to Dongwoon?” Yunji asked quietly. Despite the screaming, Kikwang understood her. He nodded and handed over the wallet. “I’ll give it to him when I see him.”

“Lee Kikwang!” One of the girls from the crowd pushed at Kikwang’s back, causing him to bump into Yunji. The force of his body caused her to stumble backwards, almost losing balance. Fortunately, Kikwang was able to hold on to her wrist just before she fell back.

The fan standing behind Kikwang bravely pulled the hood off of his head as Kikwang pulled Yunji to her feet, helping her regain her balance. The revelation of Kikwang’s head made the people scream even more.

“Are you alright?” Kikwang mouthed. Yunji nodded.

“I better head to class.” She mouthed back. He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, as he wasn’t able to read her lips.

“What?” He asked.

“I said,” Yunji laugh. “I better head to class now.” She took Dongwoon’s wallet from Kikwang’s hands. “Good luck with uh.” She giggled and pointed to the fan girls, still squealing from behind Kikwang. She walked past him, pat his back once, and headed into the building. She glanced over her shoulder and saw the crowd surround Kikwang again.