26. What Is This Anyway?

I Like You The Best

[Author's Note: Lost my first subscriber. Sorry I haven't been able to update so frequently. ^^; Anyway, I told myself I'd finish the fic in 30 chapters, but seeing how things are going, I think I might extend to 40? 50? I'll see first. But, yay another update! Already working on chapter 27 as well. ^^ Hrm, I remember going to Bupyeong Market in Incheon last January and I want to go back there to go shopping *u* Aigo~~]

 

---

 

“What am I supposed to do with this?” Junhyung asked, baffled, as he waved the usamimi headband in the air. “And what is this anyway? Is it a scarf? Is it for the hair? What is it?” He looked at Hyunseung, then around him, in the store that the vocalist had made him go to. “And why are we hiding?” He asked some more, eyeing his surroundings carefully.

“It’s a headband.” Hyunseung replied, amused at the rapper’s reactions. “Give it to Jaeni, tell her you got it. She’s somewhere around here with Dongwoon. She’s feeling pretty blue, I think. Something with Yunji.”

Junhyung looked around some more. “She’s here? Jaeni?” His eyes shot back to Hyunseung, a glare forming.

“Dongwoon and Kikwang and I saw her here all by herself. She said she was looking for something for Yunji. We wanted to help and cheer her up.” Hyunseung quickly explained before things got worse. “Which is why I called you here. I know you’ll be upset if you catch me with her.”

Junhyung nodded slowly. “Ah. I see. That’s… That’s good.” He couldn’t believe the words coming out of Hyunseung’s mouth. “Where… Where are they anyway?” The two of them walked out of the shop.

“Kikwang left, Dongwoon and Jaeni are… Somewhere. I’ll call.” He took out his handphone and dialed for their maknae, who picked up almost instantly. “Yeah? Yah, where are you? By the food stalls? Okay, we’re coming there. Me and Junhyung.” He clicked off and looked and Junhyung. “Food stalls. And remember, that’s from you.” He added, pointing to the headband in Junhyung’s hand.

A few short moments later, the two had arrived by the food stalls. “Hyung!” Dongwoon quickly called out, then looked to his sides, making sure he didn’t attract any attention. The last thing they wanted was to be mobbed.

“Junhyung oppa?” Jaeni was surprised seeing her brother. “What are you doing here?”

“That ddeokbokki?” Junhyung asked nonchalantly, taking the small fork from Jaeni’s hand and stabbed a few pieces of rice cake. He took a bite before putting the headband on his sister’s head.

Jaeni blinked, and took the headband from her head. “Hm? What’s…?” She looked at it, then at Junhyung.

“For you.” He said and took another bite of the rice cakes. “Why? Don’t like it?”

Jaeni shook her head vigorously before throwing her arms around Junhyung, hugging him tight. “I love it, oppa! How did you know I wanted one?” She exclaimed.

“Well,” Junhyung looked at Hyunseung, who smiled and put a finger to his lips. “Let’s just say a little birdie told me.” Junhyung chuckled and pat Jaeni’s back. “Now let go and I want more ddeokbokki.”

“Still can’t get a decent hug from my own brother, huh?” Jaeni teased and put the usamimi headband on properly. She adjusted, and readjusted, and ran her fingers through her hair. “How’s it look, oppa?”

Junhyung finished up the rest of the ddeokbokki and gave Jaeni a thumbs-up. “Ah, I want more. And I want fishcakes.” He took out his wallet and proceeded to one of the stalls. He glanced over his shoulder and saw Jaeni readjust the usamimi on her head again. He chuckled and shook his head.

“Looks nice on you.” Hyunseung commented with a smile.

“It was so sweet of him to get me this!” Jaeni could not wipe the bright expression off her face. “I mean, how did he even know? I never mentioned it before. But, I don’t mind! Do you think it looks nice, Dongwoon oppa?” She turned to the youngest of the boys, who was busy with his phone.

“Oh?” Dongwoon looked at her, then nodded. “Pretty.” He replied. “Jaeni ah, you said Yunji was at her place right?”

Jaeni nodded. “Why?”

Dongwoon shook his head. “Look, there’s something I gotta do.” He looked at Hyunseung, who nodded. “I’ll meet you back at the dorm, hyung.” He pat Jaeni’s head before turning his heel and walking off to get on a train back to Seoul.

Jaeni glanced as Hyunseung, who was just standing there, and then at Junhyung, who was busy eating his fish cake. Again, she straightened the headband on her hair. “It looks fine.” Hyunseung said, noticing the atmosphere between the two of them. “And don’t worry about Junhyung. I was the one who called him here.”

“You… Did?” Jaeni asked.

“So what did you think of getting for Yunji? I still have no idea what she’d like.” Hyunseung laughed and motioned for Junhyung to finish eating. “Junnie ah. Hurry up, we’re here to buy something for Yunji, not for you to stuff your face.”

Junhyung threw the stick in a nearby bin. “I can’t help it. Do you remember the last time I had ddeokbokki? Coz I don’t. So what were we here again?”

Jaeni quickly explained the situation, starting from the outbreak of the scandal, to the violent fan girls, but making sure to leave out details such as her past relationship with another idol. Jaeni didn’t feel the need to share certain things,  she just mentioned how glum Yunji had been feeling the past few days due to the whirlwind of events.

“Sounds tough. I love the Beauties and all but…” Junhyung shook his head. “Poor Yunji. Maybe we can get her a cake. And you said she likes jackets. Though the weather’s starting to heat up. Maybe a nice shirt?”

Jaeni smiled wide at Junhyung’s interest to help her cheer Yunji up. “Eung!” She chirped. “Cake and shirt sounds good. I’m sure she’ll love it. Unnie loves cheesecake!” She added.

“Aren’t those pretty easy to make?” Hyunseung’s voice trailed off, his face showing that he was getting an idea. “We can get her a shirt and then make her a cheesecake.”

“As amazing as idea that is,” Jaeni shook her head. “Hyunseung oppa, you are horrible in the kitchen.” She stated with a giggle, and Junhyung had to laugh along.

“I… I am not!” Hyunseung smiled and scratched his head. “So, fine, we’ll just buy one.”