19. Only Talk To Girls

I Like You The Best

[Author's Note: Double update tonight! I feel so happy about the sudden burst of subscribers this story got. I'm really thankful to everyone who subscribed and commented, I'm sorry if I wasn't able to reply to them all individually, but I try my best to post on everyone's walls. Thanks so much and I hope you stick around for the rest of the story!]

 

---

 

Jaeni gulped down the bottle of orange juice that she brought from a vendo machine at the lobby after the end of the performances. She had already sent more than five messages to Yunji, to which she didn’t reply. To be honest, Jaeni was getting a little worried, but she knew her friend well.

“Um, excuse me.”

Feeling a hand on her shoulder, Jaeni quickly turned around, only to see CN Blue’s Jonghyun standing right behind her. Her eyes went wide. “Um… H-hello.”

“You were the one sitting beside this girl with long hair, right? Park Yunji? Do you happen to be her friend?” Jonghyun asked. Jaeni couldn’t rip her eyes away from the idol who was talking to her, she just stood there, unmoving. “Excuse me?” Jonghyun waves his hand in front of the girl’s face, and she snapped back into reality.

“N-ne! Yunji unnie, I know her.” Jaeni managed to reply.

“I was wondering if…” Jonghyun took out his phone from his pocket, “I could get her number?”

Jaeni frowned a little. “You know Yunji unnie?” Jonghyun nodded, and told Jaeni they knew each other way back. Janei nodded in return. “Well, since you do seem to know her…” She took Jonghyun’s phone and input Yunji’s number, which she had memorized.

Hyunseung walked out from behind the stage, just as Jaeni was typing Yunji’s number. He stopped and looked at Jaeni, then at Jonghyun. “He’s asking for her number…?” He thought out loud and turned around. “Junhyung!” He called out. Junhyung walked up to him.

“What?”

“Jonghyun’s asking for Jaeni’s number.” He said, pointing to the two. Jonghyun had his phone back in his hand and was nodding, smiling at Jaeni and thanking her.

Shyly, Jaeni bowed curtly. Jonghyun gave another smile before turning to go, his eyes fixed on his phone.

“What was that about?” Junhyung suddenly asked, making Jaeni almost jump in surprise.

“Oppa!” She gasped slightly, turning around. “You surprised me. Hey, your performance was perfect! Flawless!” She gave a thumbs-up.”

“Why were you giving Jonghyun your number?” Junhyung went straight to the point. “Don’t just give anyone your number, idol or not. Don’t… Just don’t talk to people, okay? Or talk to the stylist noonas. Only talk to girls.” His protective side was kicking in.

“Can I talk to Hongki oppa, then?” Jaeni asked with a grin. “You did call him your girl on your Twitter, right?”

Junhyung narrowed his eyes. “He doesn’t count. I mean legitimate girls. So why did you give Jonghyun your number?”

“I didn’t! And… Are you creeping up on me, oppa?” Jaeni put her hands on her hips. “I thought we agreed you were going to respect my privacy.”

“I wasn’t.” Junhyung cleared his throat. “Hyunseung saw and told me. He felt it was right to tell me.”

“Hyunseung oppa…?” Jaeni’s eyes wandered around. “Is he here? Where is he?”

Junhyung shrugged. “He was behind me just a bit ago, maybe he went to the dressing room or something. Look, Jaeni ah.” He snapped his fingers in front of his sister’s face, making her look at him again. “I got another schedule to attend to. A couple of us still have stuff to do so Joonkun hyung’s gonna bring you and Yunji home.”

“Oh, Yunji unnie left already.”

“Then, Joonkun hyung will…” He was suddenly iffy about having his sister alone in a car with his manager. Not that he didn’t trust Junkoon, it was just that his brotherly-side took over him in those kinds of situations. He turned around and scanned the hall. “Seung ah!” He called out.

Hyunseung looked up from his phone and walked over to the siblings.

“You don’t have any more schedules, right? Could you…” Junhyung hesistated for a moment. “Could you accompany Joonkun on bringing Jaeni back to Yunji’s?” Hyunseung glanced at Jaeni.

“You sure?”

Junhyung nodded slowly. “Yeah. Make sure she gets there safe. So,” the rapper cleared his throat. “I better get ready for my next schedule. You two… Yeah, behave.”