01. Yeodongsaeng?!

I Like You The Best

 

“…Saeng-il chukha hamnida!” The 5 members of Korean Pop idol group, B2ST, circled around their group’s main rapper, cake at hand.

“Aw, really, you guys.” Yong Junhyung grinned, blowing out the numerous candles on his simple birthday cake, “I was not expecting this.”

“Ch’yeah right, hyung. I know you know we were going to surprise you.” Yoseob said with a pout, attempting to put a party hat on Junhyung’s head, who in turn, refused to wear it.

“Okay so maybe I sort of knew.” Junhyung gave a laugh, “You all aren’t the best at keeping secrets, you know. Remember that time we failed to surprise Kikwang?” [*See B2ST Almighty, episode 02]

The members laughed, nodding in agreement. “No, no, no.” Kikwang said, “I’m just really smart, so I easily figured out your plan.” The rest burst out laughing.

“Don’t lie, you muscle-babo!” Doojoon said in between fits of laughing, smacking the back of Kikwang head.

“YAH! Junhyung hyung! Just cut the cake already! I’m hungry!” Kikwang pouted, rubbing his hand on his head.

“Don’t yah me, I’m your hyung.” Junhyung stated matter-of-factly, walking to the kitchen to get a knife, only to return to his cake, already being savagely eaten by the rest of the members.

“THIS. CAKE. IS. SO. GOOD.” Kikwang said, barely stopping to take a breath.

“YYYAH.” Now it was Junhyung’s turn to be pouty, “It’s MY cake, let me at least have some!” And with that he dug in with the rest of the members.

 

A loud burp interrupted the silence that filled B2ST’s living room, followed by yet another barrage of laughter. “I am so full.” Yoseob gave a contented smile, patting his stomach.

“I know, I can’t believe we just ate an entire cake.” Hyunseung stated, looking at the now empty cake box. “Actually, I can believe it. It was good.”

They were all just sitting around their living room, it wasn’t very late yet, just a couple of hours after sundown, faces full of satisfaction from the cake they had just devoured.

And then the doorbell rang.

“One, two, three, four, five, six…” Kikwang counted, pointing at each member as he did so. “…We’re all here. Who could that be?”

“Maybe it’s our manager…?” the youngest, Dongwoon, said, standing up. “I’ll get it.”

Dongwoon opened the door, “Joonkun hyung, is that…-“ He found not their manager, but a slim girl, dressed in pink, staring right up at him. “Um, can I help you?” The said girl ignored Dongwoon’s question, eyes peering behind the boy, surveying each person inside the dormitory, until they landed on the birthday celebrant. “Excuse me, little girl, but-“

“OPPA!!!!”

The girl barged in the dorm, practically pushing Dongwoon to the ground. “OPPA I MISSED YOU!” She threw herself at Junhyung, whose face had somehow turned pale.The other members could only watch in shock, not even bothering to help Junhyung detach the pink-clad girl off of him.

“YYYYYAHHH!” Junhyung finally screamed, “LET GO OF ME.”

“BUT WAE? DIDN’T YOU MISS ME?” She retorted, tightening her embrace. The remaining 5 boys watched as Junhyung struggled, and eventually succeeded, in getting the girl off of him.

Junhyung gave a breath of relief. “Aish.” He mumbled. “You. What are you doing here?”

“I’m in town for the Christmas holiday.” She replied.

“I mean, what are you doing HERE, in our dorm?”

“I came to visit you, duh!”

Junhyung rubbed his temples, “Aigo.”

“Uhhh…” Doojoon began, clearing his throat, “I’m sorry to barge in the conversation but, uh, what’s going on?” He turned his gaze on the girl, “And who are you?”

“Oh, pardon me for my intruding.” She got up and straightened her clothes, which got messed up from her power struggle with Junhyung. “Annyeong haseyo, I’m Yong Jaeni.” She gave a polite bow. “I’m Yong Junhyung’s yeodongsaeng.”

Another blanket of silence covered their living room.

“YEODONGSAENG?”