Chapter 7

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Your POV

The sun has already set by the time, Sehun finally decided to leave me and go home. I walk down the empty, orange glowing streets towards the library, sighing every so often at thought of completing the assignment.

Bubble tea Wednesdays. Why, the hell, did I have to pick a school day for our weekly maknae bonding time?

 

FLASHBACK

“And here are your chocolate and mocha bubble teas”

I cringe at the sound of the waitress’ squeaky voice, filled with unnecessary aegyo. The back of my neck turns cold and I could feel the goosebumps one by one emerge along my upper arms. She plops my mocha bubble tea on the table as her eyes fixes on the cute kingka sat opposite me. I look up at the innocent face of Sehun who is completely oblivious to the waitress’ obviously-failing flirty attempt to get his attention.

Tough luck woman, but the only thing in his sparkling eyes is that cup of chocolate bubble tea you got there. It’s probably emitting a warm heavenly glow in his vision right now. Maybe he could do with adding some overly happy hallelujah music in his head whilst looking at it as well.

The waitress lightly places the cup down in front of him, not even a slightest bit of sound can be heard as it comes in contact with the wooden surface of the table.

I know right…don’t you just love the wonderful service you get here? Especially the ‘special treatment’ you get when with a kingka, special treatment known as – ignorance.

The uninterested maknae continues to stare at the drink that she is still holding onto, not giving her even the tiniest bit of a glance. My eyes travel up to the waitress in amusement.  To the excitement of Sehun, she finally retracts her hand, wearing a disappointed expression on her face.

Feeling a smile creep up, I attempt to discreetly turn my head away before I erupt with laughter. Through the reflection of the window next to me, I see her catch me silently laughing. My body remains still and my eyes innocently roll back to look at her as my head turns to face her dirty look. A fake smile is plastered onto her face.

“Please enjoy your drinks”

“Don’t worry, we will” I return a fake smile back to her “Thank yoouu~”

She sends me a death glare which immediately disappears when she takes a final look at Sehun before turning around and strutting off. I look up at the oblivious guy in front of me who is happily slurping away with a carefree expression. Shaking my head, I pick up my cup and start drinking. Every now and then loud giggling can be heard from our table. Strangely, everytime we started giggling, I could feel someone glaring daggers into my back as I enjoy my nice relaxing chat with Sehun. I finished my drink with the thought that - the quicker we finish the quicker I get my assignment done.

But as always my plans never works out when I’m with this spoilt brat. Somehow, the originally planned short meet up at the bubble tea shop turned to a full day out. After leaving the bubble tea shop, Sehun spotted an arcade. I reminded him of the assignment I had to finished but he…he..uhh…he just had to use those puppy eyes again!

So there I was getting dragged into the arcade with him. Though I have to admit I had a lot of fun in there and without realising how the time just flew by. We managed to have a few matches of Tekken…and believe it or not, I won! Haha 5:3 to me! Although Sehun with his ‘manly’ pride insisted that he let me win just like a gentleman.

We moved onto playing some racing games, where he was able to redeem himself as he pretty much won most of them…didn’t see him use his gentleman card on me there.

The highlight of the night was when we had quite a heated showdown on dance revolution, gathering a large crowd of audience. The result was quite close with me winning by a tiny margin.

Having enough of going against each other, we decided to team up for the final round of gaming. Surprisingly we showed amazing teamwork whilst playing the zombie shooting game House of the Dead. Once again we somehow attracted a crowd as we got closer and closer towards achieving a new high score on the arcade machine. We placed our guns down and shared a double high five as we hugged each other. The crowd which gathered around us without us noticing cheered and clapped as we managed to break the high score with 76241 points…everything was going well until I checked the friggin’ time!

It was already twenty to eight by the time we left the arcade and that was when I had the opportunity to run away before he drags me elsewhere.

“Wow! Noona, I saw you in a completely new light today! Since when were you so good at playing games? I think I should appoint you as my new gaming buddy! We should do this more often”

“Sure, why not? Haha…er look…Sehun-ah, I really had lots and lots of fun today but I really need to get this assignment done…so why don’t we-“

And there it was again. At that moment, I seriously wanted to just sit in the middle of the street and…cry. Those puppy eyes! Again! This kid is making me go crazy! (A/N: Couldn’t stop laughing when Teen Top’s Crazy came into my head ~ok, you got me going crazy, I don’t know what to do, I need you…I need you baby baby baby~ XD)

“but it’s already late”

…yes and that’s why I need to get my work done!!

“I know but-“

“Aren’t you going to eat first?” He places his hand on his belly and starts pouting “baegagopayo”

At that moment my monster belly decided to act up again and a little grumble could be heard. I shared an awkward eye contact with Sehun before we both bursted out laughing. Sehun happily grabbed my hand and enthusiastically skipped down the street.

“Chicken!”

Unable to say anything with this monster of a belly of mine, I just laughed along and willingly allowed him to drag me to the small chicken restaurant at the end of the street.

END OF FLASHBACK

I sighed again. Oh Sehun. Damn you and those puppy eyes. Looking up at the public library whilst mentally cursing Sehun, I blew a raspberry and made my way in. I guess I’m gonna have to spend the night here.

Despite the fact that it is nearly nine o’clock, there were still quite a lot people here. I slowly make my way past the librarian desk in the middle of the library and towards some of the work tables near the back. The majority of the tables were empty with a few people scattered around the place.

However there were a group of rather handsome but noisy male students that seemed a bit out of place compared to everyone else in the library. They’re huddled together on one large table. It looks like there is one person amongst them that is taking the role of a tutor. One of the boys retreats from the tiny crowd they formed and tiredly rests his back on the chair and lay his head on top of it as he looks up. He pouts at the ceiling with puffed up cheeks, which looked puffier and rounder than the average person, in an adorable way.

“I can’t do this. English is not my thing”

A tall young boy with handsomely dark eyebags and sharp jawline, follows puffy cheeks and also leans back in his chair and after him another boy who looks slightly like a dolphin did the same.

“I give up. I’m not doing this”

I shuffle along towards an empty table, two away from that strange group of boys and settle down there. I take everything I need out of my bag and placed them on the table in an organised manner. The boys on the table behind me continue to complain and bicker.

“Lower your voice, we’re in a library”

“But I don’t get it! Why is English so hard?”

“Well maybe if you just shut up and listen, you will. Look here, I’ll explain it again”

 

Sighing at the amount of noise, coming from them I get up to look for a few books to help me with the assignment.

I already found three useful books but there were no signs of that one. My fingers glide along the bookshelves whilst I hold the books closely to my chest with my other arm as I look for an important reference book, down the English aisle. If only I can find it, this assignment would be a lot less time consuming. Looking up, I finally spot the needed book but to my dismay it is three shelves above my head. My eyes travel down, looking at my 5ft tall figure. Cursing my short height, I return my attention back to the much needed book. I breathe out in preparation for a little stretch and stand up on my tippy toes. My left hand grips onto the shelf In front of me for support as my right arm stretches up and my tongue sticks out, resting on my bottom lip as I concentrate on getting that book…Just…A…Little…Bit…More.

The tip of my fingers just about reaches the bottom of the book. I make use of my long nails to grip onto the sides of the book and with all the strength I have in my thin fingers, I slowly pull it out.

All of a sudden my right ankle collapses onto its side, making me fall back. My eyes tighten as I brace myself, expecting my back to smack onto the bookshelf behind me. To my surprise and utmost relief, my back lands on something soft and I could feel someone keep me held up with their hand on my shoulder. I place my right hand on my thumping chest in attempt to calm it down as I breathe out to release the shock. Remembering that I actually managed to pull the book out, I look up to find that someone was protectively holding onto it before it fell on my head. A tingly feeling emerges on my back as it feels the vibration coming from my saviour’s gentle yet manly voice.

“Careful there”

He takes the book down from the shelf and holds me up into my normal position. Until now, I didn’t even realise that I was protectively trapped between his arms. He holds out my book in front of me, I take it from him as he takes a step back.

“Th-thank you”

I show him my sincere gratitude for saving me by turning around and bowed 90⁰ towards him. As I lifted my head back up to face my saviour, I was surprised to see an unbelievably handsome young man, with godlike features on his perfectly sculptured face.

“No problem…if you have any problems with getting anything, just come and find me, I’ll be sat over there”

He pointed towards the same group of boys who are sat on the table two behind me. I nodded at him, out of politeness but I knew that there was no way I could go up to that noisy table, even if I did need help. As nice as he was, I’ve never exactly been the type of girl who could easily approach someone like that, never mind a complete stranger. He makes his way back to his friends and I follow shortly after towards my own table.

I plop the books down on the table and sit down in my seat. Finally, I can start working. I stretch my arms and fingers before picking up my pen. But it didn’t take long before I got disrupted by that one group of boys again.

“Telling us to work whilst he goes off chatting up girls”

“Yeh, she was a pretty one too…cute”

“Shut up. I had to find a book to help you idiots…and besides I was only helping her”

“Pfft…helping with your hand all over her shoulder.”

My cheeks heat up as I hear them talk, blushing at their comments.

“You. Head down…and work”

“Loo-“

“Right…Now….same goes for the rest of you…just wait til you all fail this mock tomorrow and I’ll see if yous still dare to complain”

With my head down, writing my second paragraph, I smirk as nice guy victoriously silence the others.

I’ve already stayed in the library for quite a while now and everything is going smoothly. Just another half an hour or so and I should be done. I finish off writing another side of A4 and turn to look at my notes. My pen drops out of my hand as I stare at my notes displeased…another book to find huh?

I got up with a sigh and with a lot effort, I made my way back to that same aisle. I scan the bookshelves, poking my pouty bottom lip with my left arm crossed below my chest and my right elbow lying on top of it. Now let’s see…just where is this boo—ke. Today just isn’t my day is it?

I look over my shoulder at the bookshelf behind with a sulking face. Yes, it just had to be on the same level as the other troublesome book. I turn around to look at it properly, not daring to look at nice guy. Should I actually go and ask him? But his friends are scary…is it just me, or am I actually being watched right now?

Oh whatever, just a bit more to write and I can go home. Here goes nothing…hwaiting!

Once again, I go on my tippy toes and just when I was about to reach it, I could see him at the corner of my eyes leaning against the bookshelf with a his arms crossed and a disapproving face. Which makes my ankle once again, collapse onto its side…luckily I was able to regain balance on my own, by quickly grabbing hold of the shelf.

“Oi clumsy…what did I tell you before?”

I looked at him with a sulky face and pouty lips that were screaming for help.  I would never usually show this childlike side of me to anyone, let alone a stranger I just met, but at this moment I was just too tired to care.

Seeing my face, he chuckles at me and walks over. With his gi-normous height, he once again easily takes the book from the shelf. I looked at him with a still sulking but thankful expression.

“Thank you…again”

He comes up to me, towering over my petite frame and hands me the book which I gladly took.

“Now remember, if you need help…come and get me”

“Yes sir”

I quietly mumbled. He again chuckled at me and ruffled my hair as he walked past. I turned around to walk back to the table but slightly jumped when I saw two of his friends staring at me.

I looked back at them with large innocent eyes and awkwardly blinked my eyes in confusion before hurriedly scuttling back to my seat.

Not long after, I heard a lot of shuffling sounds from behind.

“Finally…we can go home”

“Yeh, I want my bed”

The small group of boys walks past me as they make their way out. Puffy cheeks, panda eyes and dolphin boy were more than happy to run ahead whilst the two who stared at me followed after, glancing at me as they walked by. Behind them all, nice guy slowly walked towards the exit. We made a short eye contact and he nodded a goodbye at me which I nicely returned with a thankful smile.

A few minutes after them, I finished all my work and packed away. I’d never be able to get this done if it wasn’t for nice guy. Yawning, I checked the time. 11:02pm.

 

A/N: EXO M is here...YAAY~ haha...still wondering if Kris should officially join the main characters...anyone up for love triangle?