Chapter 25

I'm Sorry, I Love You

 

Your POV

 

Having finished answering the final question in the workbook, my eyes immediately darted to the clock, waiting for the last few seconds to tick by.

..6...5...4...3...2...1...and…

RRING~~!!

The teacher’s head perked up, looking at the clock despite having already heard the bell.

A satisfied smile grew on my face as he told the class to finish the set of questions for homework.

“…class dismissed”

After placing everything into my school bag, I was just about to spring up from my seat when I felt a light buzz in my pocket. A message from Sehun-ie

 

Sehun-ie >_<

Noonaaaa, is your ankle alright? We can meet you outside your class if you want :)

 

*Sigh* seriously, why is everyone overreacting…my ankle’s not even that bad.

 

Hyeyi-noona <3

I’m fine…meet you in the study area ^^

 

Yep, it’s my favourite free period with Sehun-ie and Min-ie now. A free period where we would literally just pass time by discussing the weirdest things like it is completely normal and laugh at just about anything.

Despite my ankle, I could still lightly skip my way down the media corridor where our usual hangout-study area awaits at the end…but interrupting my light-fluffy mood is the sudden appearance of Miyoung, again.

This is the third time I saw her today and just like the two other times, she immediately turned her back on me in panic and scurried off…leaving me confused with whatever is going on.

Mindlessly wandering into the study area, I continue to glance back in the direction Miyoung went, my brows furrowed and my right hand scratching the non-existent itch on my head.

“Noona!”

Snapping me out off that confused state was Sehun who sat at the back table with Min-ie.

“Eo? Ah…annyeong”

“What’s up? You’re looking a little lost”

Min-ie asked me as I pulled myself one of the office chairs from the computer desks to the table.

“Hm? Oh, it’s nothing…” a thoughtful expression sketched across my face as I felt a little disturbed by Miyoung’s weird behaviour “…it’s just that…have yous noticed how strange Miyoung has been acting today?”

Sehun cutely tilted his head to the side and repeated the said name like he’s trying to figure out who she is “Mi…young?”

I nodded at him and noticed Min-ie’s lips twitch up into a somewhat smirk, but she quickly wiped it off her face and spoke again.

“I dunno, how strange has she been acting?”

There was a clear mocking tone in her words but I still answered her seriously anyway.

“Like, everytime I see her, she immediately turns around like she saw a ghost or something…do I really look that scary today?”

Sehun stared at my pouty face for a few seconds before it all clicked in his head.

“Mi…- ah!” loudly clapping his hands together “…that Miyoung!” it took a another two seconds of a short pause for him to register whatever I just said before he let out a belated laugh “ahahaha! Noona, I don’t think you’re the scary one…it’s the other noonas”

“Yah!”

I watched as Min-ie lightly slapped Sehun-ie on the upperarm and stared at her long and hard, before whipping my head back round to Sehun in demand for an explanation.

“Ahem…well the rumours spread all over school that Miyoung pushed you down the stairs, so of course the other noonas had to give her a friendly warning”

Friendly…warning?”

I looked at Min-ie again – not in a bad way but just out of shock

I know they only did this because they cared and I really am glad to have such kind friends to support me…but it’s really not like them to actually scare Miyoung to that extent

As expected, Min-ie was able to read right through my expressions and offered some words of assurance

“If it really was only us who said something, I highly doubt she would be that scared though…we weren’t the only one who spoke to her”

“Neh? Then who…?” my eyes travelled to Sehun but he looked too innocent for me to even suspect him

“Kai”

Min-ie’s response was so direct, it left me speechless. Even Sehun did not say anything for a moment but jumped in, in attempt to cast away the awkward tension and also to give his hyung a little hand.

“Hyung…! Too, was just giving her a friendly warning”

“If smashing the window right beside her head is consider friendly, then yeh…I guess it was a friendly warning”

WHAT?!

So…his fist…yesterday…

My lips had already unconsciously parted in shock as I took in the information.

And once again, I looked at Sehun in demand for an explanation…closely watching him as he let out a loud sigh before speaking.

“Like I said, the rumours of Miyoung pushing you down the stairs spread all over the school, so of course all the hyungs heard about it too…” he suddenly went on blabbering about some extra bits of unnecessary information “…I remember Baekhyun hyung mentioning something about her being the forgotten queenka who had her spotlight stolen from you noonas…and that…” he stopped and looked at us both, realising he was going too into his little explanation “…skipping all that…basically Kai hyung just had to walk in on us discussing the whole Miyoung pushing you down the stairs incident and needless to say he was pretty angry about it. And then the next thing we knew is that he went storming off to confront her, warning her to stay away from you”

“…by smashing his bare fist into a window?”

Sehun bit onto his bottom lip and looked down “neh”

“He said something quite interesting to her as well…”

My attention returned to Min-ie who suddenly spoke up again, urging her to continue

“…when Miyoung claimed that it was an accident, Kai refused to believe her…saying that, when the piped bursted on you…it was all her doing”

Thinking about it now, Miyoung and her minions did seem like they were ready to ambush me in the toilets that time…but how did Kai know that?

“…what annoys me the most is why the hell would he inflict harm on himself just so he doesn’t punch that girl’s face?”

“Noona, how could you expect hyung to actually punch her?!”

“Well if everything he said is true, then he has every reason to hit her…I would!”

“That’s different, a real man don’t hit girls”

The ongoing debate between the two of them started to fade out in my head as my mind was occupied with something else.

 

So in the end, that idiot’s injury was basically caused by me.

Well at least I treated it for him, so I shouldn’t feel any guilt right?

…but was it really necessary for him to go that far?

I mean, ok…Miyoung deserved a little scare for all that…but hurting himself in the middle of all that is just a blatantly stupid thing to do.

…buzz…buzz…

A new message

From Kai

 

Pabo-Jong :p

Sorry, I won’t be able to walk you home later, will you be fine on your on your own?

 

Idiot. I never asked you to anyway.

 

 

A/N: How long has it been since i actually wrote a your POV lol