Chapter 32a

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Your POV

The short lasted phonecall from Kris oppa last night felt really weird. He didn’t even give me a chance to answer. And just hung up on me!

*sigh* ah well.

I’ll be seeing him today anyways.

Making my way over to my wardrobe, I flung the doors open and scanned the clothes.

My arms crossed, my finger tapping on my bottom lip as I wore a thoughtful expression on my face.

Hmmm…shall I wear a dress? … he did say to dress prettily, so~~

My eyes landed on two pieces of outfit, both pushed to the very end of the wardrobe, resting on the top and bottom railings.

After swiftly getting changed into it, looking into the mirror, I gracefully pulled two handful of tucked in long locks back into piggy tails and gently brought them forward, framing my face.

Ding Dong.

“Sweetie~!”

“Coming!”

With one last look at the mirror, I fixed a few gaps in my fringe and smiled in contentment before hanging my bag over my shoulder and skipping down the stairs.

I really was too excited to go out.

Plus it was perfect timing to get my mind of Kai.

Pulling down the handle, I calmly opened the door, allowing the sunlight to slowly flow into the hallway.

…and my mind flowed away with it.

My head just went completely blank as I was greeted by a male figure…who…was…not...Kris.

Motionlessly standing there, I blinked once

…and blinked twice

bang

The door closed.

Still stood, staring at the same spot…I blink again.

Turning around, my eyes widened and only now did I noticed I was holding my breath. I placed my hand on my chest as I loudly exhaled. And with that deep breath, my senses finally returned to my body.

Jesus Christ!

Was I seeing things? Am I going crazy?

I thought back to who I believed I just saw at my door.

…that smile… that sparkle in his eyes…that tanned skin…

Whipping my head back around to face the door, I quickly opened it again in confirmation.

...yep, it’s him…

 …what is he-? … “What are you doing here?”

“First you shut the door on me and now…not even hi?”

I stared at him for a bit, whilst trying to allow my mind to settle down a little and think reasonably…but there is no reasonable reason for him to be here!

“…no seriously, why are you here?”

I eyed him demandingly, watching as his shoulders slightly deflating whilst sighing in a forget-it manner.

In a split of a second later, it rose back up as he plastered a cheerful grin on his face.

“We’re going on a date”

 “Sorry, what?” I shook my head, thinking I was hearing things “…date?

date…DATE??! I must be hearing things.

He disappeared all week, leaving me with all those cryptic messages…and now he suddenly appears again, acting like nothing happened whilst I was on the verge of tearing my hair out…asking-wait, not even asking but telling me to go on a friggin’ date?!!

“Mm” Kai happily nodded at me whilst I stood gawking at him.

He eyed me from head to toe and grinned again “great! You’re ready” ...again, not a question…“come on, let’s go then”

Before I could even refuse, he clasped onto my hand. His fingers tangling into mine, preventing me from slipping away. Our hands intertwined so smoothly that I had not even realised how I was naturally going along with it like it was nothing unusual.

Because occupying my mind was the person who I was expecting.

“W-wait…what about Kris op-”

With undeniably great timing, my phone went off. A message from…guess who

 

Kris Oppa

Don’t mind me

Just go ahead and have fun ;)

 

Hah?!!! What is this supposed to mean?

I stood staring at my phone, my mouth ajar. My mind was in a complete, utter mess.

What the hell is going on?!!

Kai was still pulling me along whilst my eyes were focused on the phone screen, my eyebrows scrunched together.

I still had not realised how our hands were securely interlaced until he stopped in his tracks and released my hand.

A sudden feeling of emptiness overcame the senses in my hand

Ignoring that, the sudden stop finally had me looking up from my phone. My eyes widen in surprise as I was met with the sight of a rich blue car.

Next to it was Kai, who stood holding the front passenger seat door open.

Still feeling incredibly confused, I kind of felt obliged to climb in without saying a word. The door shut and seconds later, the driver seat door opened.

“I…didn’t know you had a car” you quietly stated, awed by this new revelation.

“Well, it’s actually not mine…” he shyly rubbed the nape of his neck “meet Suho hyung’s baby. He let me borrow it for the day”

I slowly nodded and mouthed an ‘ah~”

Glancing down, I realised that I was still holding onto my phone…which reminds me…

The sudden impulse to jump up came over me and I shot up to him.

“Kris…!” Kai’s brows twitched at the name but I paid no attention to it “…why did he…? I mean, how come-”

My breath hitched in my throat and my heart stopped beating as I unconsciously held in my breath.

His face was literally 1mm away from mine and with every breath he took, a tingly feeling tickled my lips. If that wasn’t already enough…that…damn…low…husky…voice of his, escaped those lusciously plump lips, threatening to have me and my heart sent into A&E.

Please..can..you..stop…mentioning another guy’s name?”

His hands reached up, gently cradling my face. And at the same time, eliminating the chances of breaking away from those dreamy chocolate orbs that hypnotically drew me in

“…we’re on a date right now. So today, at least for today…keep your focus on me only

Like my whole body was put under his spell, my eyes didn’t dare to leave his.

Obediently, I slowly nodded.

That one nod had a charming bright smile forming on his lips as he pulled away.

“Good”

His hands parted from my cheeks and he patted my head in satisfaction.

My cheeks were so heated and I was in desperate need to free the air trapped in my lungs. Before I could, Kai suddenly leaned in again, causing another little explosion to occur one after the other in my heart.

Luckily he quickly retreated back, pulling the seatbelt over my body and clicking it in.

“Let’s go!”

He cheered as he turned the ignition on.

I sat and observed his happy face which he must have noticed, flashing me another heart melting smile.

His smile had my cheeks heating up again and my heart was doing flip flops inside my chest. I had to tear my eyes away from him and divert them out the window, allowing myself to quietly take a deep, shaky breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s POV

As the car smoothly pulled up, the look on your face gradually brightened up as you spot the destination of your ‘date’. Kai pulls the break and smiles, glad to see your pleasantly surprised look.

Steadily stepping out of the car, your eyes widen even more in wonder.

The car was parked right in front of the beach with a big amusement park located right beside it.

“Come on, we need to buy the wristbands”

Taking advantage of your awed state, Kai casually laced your hands together and pulled you along whilst you mindlessly followed after him.

The two of you entered the park and was met with the sight of little side stalls, adorable teddies and dolls hung, waiting to be won. Ignoring these, your line of sight s its way through to the cute Victorian styled candy floss and ice cream carts. The mouth watering sweetness was literally calling out for you but your eyes rounded in despair, like that of a child who was being ditched at their first day of playschool.

As expected of Kai, he dragged you along to the biggest roller coaster in the park, for your very first ride. You tilted you head up observing the height of the structure, the look on your face contorted to one of fear as you gulped at the very sight before you.

“Y-you’re not actually expecting me to get on that are you?”

You threw your finger up, pointing at the ride whilst Kai innocently smiled and nodded in response. He tightened his grip on your hand, knowing that you would try to run away. Now that you knew you couldn’t escape, you really did start to panic.

“E-erm…Kai, I don’t think this is a good idea” you struggled to detach your hands but he was too determined to drag you onto this hell of a ride.

“Just come, it’ll be fun”

“…but you know I’m scared of heights!”

“Trust me, you’ll be fine. I’ll be right there for you.”

“Oh! Jesus Christ!”

As if getting on this ride isn’t enough, you were sat at the very front cart, although on the second row. Your mind was pretty much at a state of a panic attack and your hands were violently trembling.

Kai, who still kept hold of your hand could feel you shaking and attempted to comfort you a little.

“Calm down, you’ll be fine. Once this ends, you’ll know it was all worth it”

“What the hell is so worth it about being scared out of my wits?!” you exclaimed, almost in hysterics

“Oh my god. Oh my god…it’s starting!” you watched in fear as you waited for each of the four traffic lights to light up.

…red

…amber

…amber

“Waaaaaaaaaah~~!!”

Without any warning, the cart shot off at lightning speed, leaving your heart abandoned at the starting point. Your eyes were tightly squeezed shut and you had a death grip on Kai’s hand. It’s probably notable that you had possibly broken the loudest scream record as you screamed at the top of your lungs. Your scream itself was just one note that lasted the entire ride.

…finally…it…stopped.

Your hair was in a mental mess. Random strands dangled over you face here and there. And you face was just pale and…lifeless.

The safety bars automatically lifted, freeing you from this hell, but despite this freedom that had been bestowed upon you, your soul had yet to return to this body.

When it did, only one thought entered your mind.

“…it…didn’t…even…go green…”

Kai chuckled at your crazy appearance and practically had to pick you up as your mind struggled to find its way back to Earth, and set you back on your feet.

“Are you ok?”

You had to hold onto Kai for support as all the energy in your legs had been drained away, leaving it all wobbly. Your body itself felt like it had transformed into an octopus.

Kai led you to a nearby bench, seating you down. He eyed you and teasingly smirked in amusement.

“So, what did you think?”

It took another short while of silence before you could register the words and answer him.

“Kai…”

“Yeh?”

“…that…was not worth it”

A loud hearty chuckle was heard, snapping you back to reality. You narrowed your eyes at him for putting you through such a terrifying experience and jumped up from the bench, smiling at him. A smile that looked sinisterly innocent.

Only then, did he stop laughing.

“…I’m not liking this vibe I’m getting off you right now”

“Hehe”

“Seriously?! Aren’t we a bit too old for this?”

“What do you mean? You can never be too old for this…look!”

You pointed over at a mother in her late thirties that accompanied a ten year old girl on the carousel horse.

“That’s different”

“How so?”

“She’s with a child!”

“…”

“…”

“…you made me go on the roller coaster”

You eyed him sternly and used your eyes to direct him to the elegant white horsey next to your beige one. Kai stared at the lovely lilac saddle and sighed in defeat, trudging over to it.

The ever so delightful music box melody started playing and the horses slowly rose up and down as it rotated around the platform.

The presence of Kai on such the fabulous ride attracted the attention of many, mainly females who marvelled over his good looks that adorably contrasted the cuteness of the pastel coloured children’s ride. The attention had him self-consciously ducking his head in embarrassment.

You on the other hand, spread out your arms, enjoying every moment of the comfortable, slow ride to your hearts content.

Looking over at Kai, you noticed how he had buried his face into his hands and smiled realising, how many girls were watching him.

“See~ you looked like Prince Charming on his white horse”

“Thanks, that makes me feel so much better” he sarcastically mumbled as you both got off your own horses “…although, I’m happy you called me Prince Charming” he smirked and you looked away, clearing your throat.

“No, I said you looked like him…on that horse…”

“Still-”

“Hey! Let’s go on the chair-o-plane next!”

Kai looked at the big ride that children and adults alike hanging in mid air, spinning around on those swings. His eyes travelled back to you, slightly worried with a hint of suspicion.

“…but you’re scared of heights”

“Yeh~ but…swings~

He quietly chuckled and slyly came to an agreement with you.

“Fine, but I’m choosing the next ride”

“Ok” your response was instant, temporarily forgetting how much of a thrill seeker he is

“KAAAAAIIIII!!!”

“YEAAAAH?!!”

“I HAAAATE YOU!!”

“HAHA LOOVE YOU TOO!”

 “AHHHhhhh!”

Your heart constantly jumped in and out of your chest as you swung up into mid air and swept down and back up again. Every now and then, the ride would twist around before going in for a few more scoops.

“I love the Viking!”

“I hate the Viking”

“We should go on it again!”

“…no…”

“What do you wanna go on now then?”

“Can we take a rest? …I want candy floss”

And candy floss you got.

Ripping out a bit of the pink fluff and placing it into your mouth, a light and fuzzy sweetness tingled along your taste buds as it melted on your tongue. The indulging taste had you squealing in delight and although he was less expressive about it, Kai surely was enjoying his candy floss too. Though, he got a lot more entertainment from watching you eat.

After finishing the sweet treat, much to your disappointment, both of you mutually agreed to on the spinning teacups. Kai was not as embarrassed as before and took the liberty of crazily spinning your giant teacup round and round. In the end you got off the ride with unsteady, drunken steps, feeling nauseously dizzy whilst Kai appeared to be immune to all that spinning…damn him

The two of you went on a few more rides from your choices of kiddy rides to the bigger, thrillers that you were still absolutely terrified of going on, especially that drop tower…oh God, that was a friggin’ nightmare, you literally almost passed out on that thing.

Eventually when it was your pick, you decided to go on a steadier ride to even things out.

You say its steady but in actual fact, it was a ridiculously slow ‘roller coaster’, the caterpillar.

When the ride had ended, Kai did not hesitate to jump off it. In seek for more excitement. And his eyes were quick to find one of the highlights of today’s date…the haunted house.


 

 

A/N: This chapter has gotten so much longer than i origianlly expected, so i decided to split it into two parts

...moving away from all the lotte world/everland dates, i thought i should just go for a more blackpool inspired amusement park, 'cause im a british girl ^_^v