Chapter 24

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Author’s POV

That next morning, you woke you with a light fluffy feeling in your heart. Though you still had to walk with a limp, your ankle didn’t feel as bad as yesterday. In fact, it feels as though it would recover a lot faster than expected.

Grabbing your bag, you headed into the hallway and stopped at the front door, you hand hesitantly resting on the handle. With a deep breath, you pushed the handle down and pulled the door open.

As the door swung open, a soft breeze gently blew your hair back.

Your heart skipped a beat, unprepared by the immediate greeting by…well, by Kai.

“Morning”

He flashed you that smile of his that almost knocked you off your feet, luckily you still had hold of the door for support. Awkwardly smiling back, your voice almost came out like a whisper.

“Morning”

As you closed the door behind you and took a step forward, Kai promptly appeared by your side, offering you support which you politely try to refuse.

“It’s fine, I can walk on my own”

However your refusal only had his grip gently tightening on you

“Just be happy I’m not making you get on my back”

Despite the tenderness in his voice, he still sounded serious and you did not dare to doubt his words. And so, without bothering to answer back, you quickly gave up and accepted his unnecessary support.

The walk to school should only take 15 minutes at most but right now, it felt like you were walking at snail pace.

Neither of you spoke a word. Silence surrounded the two of you and only the busy traffic and other students could be heard.

The majority of the students were from you school and had kept their eyes on you two since you stepped onto the main road. Their stares bore into your body and you were feeling uncomfortably fidgety.

“Just ignore them”

Looking up at the owner of that soothing voice, your heart jumped as you remembered how close you two were.

“I know my good looks make a great distraction but your gaze is starting to make me feel fidgety now”

Your cheeks heated up and you quickly turned your head away, fully aware of your reddening face.

Quiet mumbles escaped your lips but judging by the closeness of you bodies, it did not come as a surprise that Kai could hear every word being said.

“I guess you haven’t changed that much afterall”

A light tremble could be felt and you could clearly picture him silently laugh to himself.

 

Up ahead, Miss A and Sehun stood at the school gates waiting for your arrival.

A moment of affliction struck you as they all whipped their heads in your direction.

Fear consumed your eyes and a painful gulp slid down your throat.

“NOOOOONAAA~~~”

“Oof”

Before you knew it, your body was being crushed under the weight of five bodies that had all come flying into you at the same time.

Murmurs could be heard as the other students pointed at the lump of bodies like they were ready to have the whole shipped off to the mental asylum.

Amidst all that chaos, you didn’t even realise that you were free from Kai’s hold since he was practically forced to detach himself away from you whilst you got buried alive under all those hugs.

A growl escape his lips as he watched everyone free you from the suffocation, allowing you a chance to take a nice breather…with the exception of Sehun who clung onto you like a koala bear.

Min’s face went through strange stages of expressions as she finally took notice of the kingka she despised, standing next to you.

Surprisingly her blank look was replaced with a subtle…approving…smile?

this went unnoticed by you, who had your thoughts occupied on restoring the air in your lungs

Jia was the first to speak up, her face softening in concern.

“You should have taken a day or two off”

Her comment was like a loud gong in Sehun’s head, reminding him that you were hurt. Carefully letting go, he stood in front of you, grabbing onto your upper arms and scanned your body.

His brows furrowed at the sight of your ankle.  Though your knee length socks covered up your bandaging, it was still evident that your ankle has been securely wrapped up.

All of a sudden, the younger boy in a mouthful of air and you braced yourself for a round of overdramatic worries from the maknae…thankfully Kai clapped his hand over the boy’s mouth just in time.

“Well…we’ll get going now” he turned to you “…take care of your ankle”

You nodded at him “gomawo” your eyes travelled to Sehun who seemed to be calling for help and chuckled at the sight.

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

“Can you walk?”

“You can lean on us if you want”

The sudden flood of incoming comments from the girls brought your attention away from the two male figures. Looking around at one of them, you smiled to them in assurance.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine”

All four of them continued to eye you with worry causing you to let out a small sigh.

“…really, or I won’t even be in school right now”

There was a small moment of doubtful silence but thankfully it was quickly dispersed by Suji who was the first to crack you a smile

“Well why are still stood here for then? Let’s go!”

She wrapped an arm around your shoulders and pumped her fist into the air, pointing towards the school. The other three worriedly watched as you got dragged away but it didn’t take long before the smiles returned to their faces as they quickly caught up.

 

Giggles filled the corridors as the five of you headed towards homeroom.

A strangely stiff looking Miyoung caught your attention as you spotted her from the corner of your eyes.

With Suji’s arm still around you, you could only turn your head slightly but it was enough to allow you to have a clear view of the said girl. The instant your eyes met, you noticed how she immediately paled like she just saw a ghost.

Her eyes dilated and not even a second later, she had already turned around and hastily headed back into the direction she just came from with her group of minions trailing after her.

Her bizarre behaviour had you knitting your brows together, something that was picked up but Suji.

 “Is there something wrong?”

“Huh? Oh nothing”

Shaking off your thoughts, you once again looked back, wondering if you were seeing things.

 

 

A/N: it's almost april already so why the hell is it still snowing T_T as pretty as it is too look at, I hate being out in the snow...im so scared of my own clumsiness that it takes me hours to cautiously walk a short journey and it's only 3cm...the snow i mean lol

omg im such a fail :(

...doesn't help that i have to climb up and jump off a small wall to get to and back from college as well -_-

 

Me in the snow:

 

anyways~ on a side note, many many thanks to you if you upvoted this fic ^_^

...frankly, i dont think i deserve to have this fic upvoted, to be honest im just really glad that people actually reads it haha

but still thanks again :D