Chapter 38 (Final)

I'm Sorry, I Love You
 
A/N: Final chapter! I don't how, but as you can see, I kinda got carried away and somehow ended up writing a supeeeeeer - why the hell did frankie from one piece just pop up in my head? lol - ...long chappie haha. Hope you enjoy reading! ^_^

 

Author’s POV

Click.

“Hyung! You’re ba- NOONA!”

The maknae stood, stunned whilst you shivered under your soaked outfit and meekly smiled at him, your hair dangling down like seaweed draping down the sides of your face. He rolled his eyes from you to Kai, his mouth still hanging open, though no words came out.

Hearing his shouting, Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned their heads from the TV, Suho came out of his room and D.O who was in the kitchen also came walking out to see what was going on. Everyone’s eyes widened at both of your appearance.

The two of you remained awkwardly stood there until Kai cleared his throat.

“…it’s raining pretty badly out there and this was the closest place” he tried to explain.

“E-em…I’m sorry for intruding” you added and bowed.

Silence.

Everyone continued to stare at the couple, completely speechless. A second later, D.O shook his head, allowing his motherly instincts to immediately kick into action.

“Aish, you two are seriously-...well don’t just stand there! Hurry up and get in! How old are yous already?! It’s not like your kids anymore” he dramatically waved his arms, signalling you both to quickly come in and pointed at Kai “…you. Hurry up and shower. Jesus, you know how easily you get sick”.

Kai blinked at the ‘umma’s’ pointy finger but instead of obeying the order, he worriedly glanced back at you, which D.O caught onto “aish. Just hurry, it’s not like your girlfriend’s gonna go anywhere!”

Snickers could be heard from the couch, and you felt your cheeks slightly heat up whilst Kai obediently made his way to the bathroom *…girlfriend*

“And you” now the mother hen’s finger pointed at you, which made you automatically stiffen up. That is until you noticed the concern in his eyes had not changed the slightest bit from how he looked at Kai. “You’re no exception either…and I thought you’d know better” he shook his head at you as you lowered your head and quietly mumbled an apology.

Strangely enough you really did feel like you were getting scolded by your mother and felt ashamed of yourself when he spoke with such disappointment.  But a smiled played on your lips as you thought of D.O being an umma, lucky for you, you were still looking down.

“Hyeyi-sshi,” Suho stepped in and kindly smiled at you, his voice sounding much calmer than the other. “You can use the en suite in mine and Sehun’s room. Come, I’ll show you”

“Hurry before you catch a cold. I’ll go and find some clothes for you two” D.O added.

“Neh, thank you” you bowed at him before following after the leader of the lot.

D.O once again shook his head when he saw you enter the eldest’s room, unimpressed by the soaked couple. He turned to meet the amused faces of the Baekyeol. “What?” The grin on Chanyeol’s face grew wider “nothing~” he singsonged and added “our kkamjong has finally been taken off single status” he smiled his derpy smile as Baekhyun chuckled and added “yeh, about time”

Sehun stood, still looking stunned by the situation until an excited smile broke out onto his face. “Does this mean that noona’s staying over tonight?”

The other three shared a few glances but then Baekhyun just had to insert a comment to break the maknae’s little moment of excitement. “Pabo, you’re noona is taken again” and Chanyeol just had to add onto that “which means she won’t have time for you, unless…you want to face a jealous Kai” … “no, you won’t, although it will be very entertaining for us” Baekhyun continued.

“Hey! That’s-”

D.O rolled his eyes at them and called out “keep an eye on the soup for me” before he went into his and Kai’s shared room where he rummaged through Kai’s side of the closet and pulled out some clothes for the two of you.

 

Your eyes rolled from left to right as you awkwardly sat at the dining table in an oversized hoodie and basketball shorts.

The appa and umma figures sat opposite one another at the top end of the table, casually eating, Sehun was giddily eating on your left and you daren’t look up as you could feel the observant stares from Baekhyun who sat opposite you and Chanyeol next to him.

 

Seating arrangements:      

                        Baek            Yeol               Suho

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sehun            Hyeyi             Kai                  D.O

 

Luckily you boyfriend’s sweet smell of caramel that clung to the fabric of the hoodie kept you as calm as possible. From the corner of your eye, you could see him next you, constantly sneaking glances at you, clearly enjoying the sight of you in his clothes. But everytime he glanced over at you, the smirk on Baekhyun’s face grew wider. And everytime Baekhyun’s smirk grew wider, the more conscious you grew of his stares.

“Hyeyi-sshi”

Suho’s voice kind of brought you out of your shell as your head perked up at the mentioning of your name, avoiding Baekhyun’s mischievous gaze at the same time.

“Yeah?”

“You should give your parents a call after dinner”

“Yeh, they’re probably worried sick about you” D.O agreed.

“Ah yeh. Don’t worry, I will” you smiled at them gratefully for their thoughtfulness.

“Oh! Noona, don’t forget to tell them you’re staying over as well!” Sehun excitedly beamed whilst your eyes widened at his words *s-staying over?*. Kai took note of your expression and realised that you didn’t even think ahead when you entered here.

“Well you don’t wanna be going back dressed like that do you? That’ll just worry them more.”

You looked him in the eye, taking his words into consideration *that’s true but still-*, you looked around at the six guys and stopped at Baekhyun who slyly smiled at you.

“And of course, Kai would love to have you staying for the night” he finished his sentence with a wink, unknowingly causing your cheeks to glow a light pink.

“And me! I would love to have noona staying as well!” the maknae chimed causing Baekhyun to tut at him. “Pabo, you should just stay out of the lovebirds’ way”. Sehun’s face scrunched up into a childish confused look whilst Kai glared at his cheeky hyung and attempted to kick him under the table.

“Ow!”

Opposed to what he had expected, that small cry of pain sounded much deeper than he had anticipated. And he ended up looking up to a confused Chanyeol who stared at him with wide eyes, his puffy cheeks stuffed with a mouthful of rice. “What did I do?!” … “Aish, hyung! Your stupid long legs were in the way!”

Realising what was going on, you and Baekhyun giggled as Chanyeol continue to speak with his mouth full. “Well it’s not my fault God had blessed me with such long legs. You’re just jealous of my perfect model-like figure” You stifled back a laugh at his self praising whilst Kai scolded the older one “ae hyung! Stop talking with your mouthful, you’re spitting everywhere!” You and the other boys bursted into laughter as you watched Kai flick off a grain of rice from his cheek in disgust. “ugh, stupid giant

“Gi-?!”

“Right, right, chill your beans children. We have a guest here” Suho interfered before another argument broke out.

“Puh-lease…she’s best buddies with the maknae and is dating kkamjong, surely she’s dealt with worse. Right, Hyeyi-sshi” Baekhyun once again had to insert some snarky remarks, not forgetting to add another overly innocent looking smile at the end of it.

“K-kkamjong?” you widened your eyes at Baekhyun but it was Chanyeol who decided to answer you “ah, I’m surprised you’ve never heard of our little Kai’s special nickname”

“Hyung!” Kai shouted across the table, attempting to shut the giant up which caught your attention as you looked at him. His cheeks were tinted a bright red, it’s been so long but you’re actually seeing the shy Kai right now, making your giggle even more as you repeat his nickname “kkamjong” which made him blush a deeper shade of pink.

“Oh and Hyeyi-ah, we can call you that right? I mean it’s awkward to keep using formalities” Baekhyun politely asked. His question, surprised you a bit but you were really happy he asked “sure”. The older boy smiled at you again, looking overly happy “great! Other than those two, we’re all older than you so just call us oppa, kay?” you nodded at him and smiled back, unaware of the scowl on Kai’s face “neh oppa”. Baekhyun’s eyes turned into crescents before he shot Kai a teasing look “me too! Call me oppa too” Chanyeol suddenly shouted, making you giggle at him “neh~ Chanyeol oppa”

“Noona~~ what about me?” you turned to Sehun and smiled, patting his head “you~ can just stick to Sehunnie”. Baekyeol loudly chortled at their maknae causing him to jut out his bottom lip before quickly brightening up again “fine! And noona will still be my noona”

Rather suddenly, you felt an arms wrap around your waist and a chin rest on your shoulder “pabo, stop calling her noona, she’s younger than you. And. She. Is. Not. Yours.” He stuck his tongue out at the younger lad and you mentally cursed him for making Sehun unleash his aegyo on you. His bottom lips jutted out again as he cutely whined, stretching out the word “noooooona~~”

You sighed and lightly slapped Kai on the head “yah, stop being mean”

“Aww aren’t they cute?” Baekhyun cooed as Chanyeol eagerly nodded. You blushed realising that all eyes were on you and Kai with his arms wrapped around you. Even Suho and D.O were smiling at you both with their doting motherly smiles. 

And even though you just got back together just over an hour ago, it feels as though you both been together for like forever. To the point that Kai can display skinship shamelessly in front of his friends or brothers even. You lightly nudged him to make him let go, mumbling a “yah” to him as you felt how reluctant he was before finally releasing you.

“Oh, oh, oh, I have a question!” Chanyeol suddenly announced, raising his hand like a student in class. You chuckled at him and he seemed to have taken it as a signal to ask away. “When did yous even get back together? …could it be that…something happened in the rain?”

Everyone stopped and stared at you two even more. You blushed a deep shade of red, leading you into suffering from more teasing.

“Eo! Our little Hyeyi’s blushing! Something must have happened!” Baekhyun shouted as if it wasn’t obvious enough. Your face heated up even more whilst Kai seemed to be quite amused by your reaction rather than being embarrassed himself but like you, he was annoyed by the immaute hyung of his. “Yah, just ‘cause you can drop the formalities, doesn’t make her your ‘little Hyeyi’” his comment had been completely ignored as Baekhyun excitedly continued “omo, omo, could it be” he leaned forwards to take a closer look at you two with that cheeky smile of his “…a romantic kiss in the rain?” he excitedly waved his hands around, fanboying at the thought of it.

You could already tell that your face was possibly as red as a tomato by now and even Kai was caught off guard by the older’s accuracy.

A loud inhale was heard beside you as Sehun looked at Kai disapprovingly. “You! What have you been doing to my noona?!”

“She’s not your noona”

The maknae dramatically breathed in again but before he could burst out into another argument, Suho had to step in again.

“Right kids! Shall we see whose doing the dishes?”

Everyone’s attention was snapped back to the eldest with a competitive look sparkling in their eyes.

“O~kay! I’m not gonna lose this time!” Chanyeol declared. Everyone with the exception of you and D.O stood up from their seats, rolling up their sleeves and flexed their arms. You looked around in confusion and tugged onto Kai’s sleeve, whispering “what’s going on?” he smiled at you and explained not-so-clearly “oh, this is how we decide who washes up, just watch, I’ll definitely win”

“Ah, Hyeyi-ah. You can join D.O in being a judge” Suho kindly smiled at you “eh? D.O oppa, are you not joining in?” … “we make him sit out since it’s not fair of him to cook and wash up for us as well” Suho explained whilst you mouthed an ‘o’ in understanding.

You stood by D.O as the rest of the guys huddled together.

“Ka~wi, ba~wi, BO!”

“Ka~wi, ba~wi, BO!”

Suho was the first to the win the game which earned a load of complaints from the others.

“Suho appa! This isn’t fair, why do you always win? Is there a cheat to this?”

Instead of answering, Suho just laughed off the cheating claims and waved at them to continue.

Sehun, followed by Kai won after which meant that it was the two troublemakers that were still left in the game

“Ka~wi, ba~wi, BO!”

“Asa!”

“Awwww~ no! …why is it always me?!”

You chuckled at the distraught look on the tallest's face and offered to help but was dragged away by Sehun and snatched away by Kai before Baekhyun somehow managed to pull you away to play some video games.

Thankfully D.O had reminded you to call your parents. You tried to keep the explanation as simple as possible to avoid lying them, since it’s not a great idea to tell them that you’re staying with a bunch of boys plus you were the only girl here. Lucky for you, your parents have a great amount of trust in you to let you off without further excuses being made up. And you just simply told them that you were staying at your friends for the night.

Throughout the night, the guys or more specifically, Baekhyun thought it’d be hilarious to scare you by making you play Aliens vs Predator 3 on the Xbox with them.

After a while, you were taking your rest from gaming, sitting back on the sofa with Kai back hugging you close to him, his chin resting on your shoulder. Every now and then you would giggle at the little yelps, squeals and screams as you watched the boys continue playing. You felt warms lips plant a kiss on your jaw and turned to face your boyfriend who quietly mumbled in a sleepy voice. “Having fun?” you nodded at him and chuckled, thinking back to how Baekhyun made you double over in laughter as you heard him scream at the top of his lungs when an alien jumped out at him. Of course you had screamed a few times as well but no one could have beat how high pitched his scream was.

Kai smiled and planted another kiss on your lips “good” he rested his chin back onto your shoulder, his cheek touching yours.

“Kai” you called, only to have him sleepily “hm?” in answer to you. “If you’re sleepy, then sleep” you felt him tightening his hug around your waist as he mumbled into your shoulder with his eyes closed “I don’t want you to be leaving me.” you softened at his words and kiss him on the cheek and assured him “I’m not going to leave you” whilst secretly thinking *not after what you made me go through. I was the one who was scared you had left me*

You didn’t even realise that the game has already ended and that everyone was smiling at you two, though there was one person missing…

“Hyungs! ...  noona!”

You looked up to see Sehun with a load of bed sheets piling on top of one another in his arms. “Maknae-ah, what are you planning?” Chanyeol who was as equally as confused as you questioned. “Well we can’t possibly just leave noona with hyung in a room can you? I’m doing this to protect my noona” he confidently nodded before an excited smile spreads across his face “besides, it’s been so long since we’ve done this”

His explanation obviously persuaded the boys as you watched the smiles break out on all of their faces. And before you knew it, seven sets of bed sheets were perfectly aligned next to each other across the living room floor. You looked around, bewildered by the thought of being a lone girl in a middle of a sleepover with six guys.

In the end you were given the spot right by the balcony doors with a few pillows that Sehun persistently insisted on stacking up to form a little wall between you and Kai, on your right.

Light snoring filled the dark room and every few minutes you would be shuffling around in your spot.

Shifting around again, you gave up and laid flat on your back as you turn to look in the direction of the boys before sighing and sitting up.

Knowing that there was no way you could get any sleep right now, you got up and carefully pulled open the sliding doors that led into a small balcony.

It had already stopped raining by now and the breezy wind was certainly refreshing to inhale.

You leaned over the railing around the balcony and smiled to yourself as you think back to today’s event. Even now, everything just feels so surreal. It feels like it was just yesterday when you sobbing over his leave and now you’re together again.

Your boyfriend is once again that popular kingka, Kai.

Burying your face into the cosy hoodie, a light blush coloured your cheeks when you recalled that breathtaking kiss in the rain.

Arms enveloped your small frame from behind as the wind softly blew against your face, carrying along the familiar scent of sweet caramel. “Kai?” his chest pressed against your back, keeping you warm in his embrace.

Placing a soft lingering kiss at the bottom of your neck, he mumbled against your skin “you got me worried when I woke up to see you’d disappeared” you put your hands on top of his and pulled them away before turning around and hugging him properly. “Pabo, I told you, I’m not going to leave you”.  Kai was hugging you back and started to slowly rock you from side to side. “What were you doing out here anyway? Aren’t you cold?” you hugged him tighter and smiled “not anymore. I~ just couldn’t sleep” … “What? Is Chanyeol hyung’s elephant snores too much for you?” you chuckled at his words and lightly hit him “don’t be mean. Chanyeol oppa does not snore like an elephant”

Slowly pulling back from the hug, Kai held your face and gently pinched your cheeks “why are hyungs the only ones that get called oppa anyway? I believe that I deserve to be called oppa as well.” you looked away from him, pretending to think about “mmm….no. We’re the same age. Why would I call you that?” You lightly pinched his left cheek as you continued “kkamjong-ie”

Hearing you call him by that name made him pout at you as he quietly whined “ya~h, just forget you even heard about that” you pulled away from him and turned to the door “too late it’s already imprinted into my brain” you stuck your tongue out at him “Hyeyiii-ah~” you giggled at his sudden aegyo and reached for the door “sh~~ the others are sleeping…and I’m going back in as well”

You climbed back into your spot and was shocked to see Kai sneak under the sheets with you. Your eyes widened at him and loudly whispered “yah! The wall is there for a reason you know. Sehun-ie isn’t going to be happy about-” but instead of listening, Kai just closed his eyes and pulled you closer to him “who cares about him, just sleep” you looked up but was stopped as he closed the space between yous, tucking your head underneath his chin before mumbling “…we should pay Kris hyung a visit tomorrow”

*oh yeh, Kris oppa* Kai was right, you really wanted to pay Kris a visit tomorrow, he'll probably be the happiest to see the two of you together again. *...but I wonder what happened to the whole New York episode* you had completely forgotten about this subject and now that you finally remembered it, your thoughts were interrupted with a little yawm *…whatever…I’ll just ask him tomorrow*

That night, all your worries and negative emotions were casted away all at once.

Everything felt so good to be true and to be honest, you were scared to wake up and find that everything was just a dream but you managed to fall asleep in his arms as you snuggled closer into his warmth.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~2 months later~~~~~~~~~

 

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT

KRIS – WU YI FAN MEGAN – LEE EUN HYE

 

Tables were set out in the large venue hall of a 5 star hotel. The staffs were still laying out the food and drinks at the sidelines. All the preparations were finally coming together and there was still over an hour before the guests start pouring in.

Only the family members of the two main characters for today’s party have already gathered here.

If you’re wondering why you are here, then let’s just say that Kris had finally managed to fulfil his mother’s request of introducing you to his parents who, like his mother predicted, immediately grew fond of you and your boyfriend…yeh, you kinda dragged Kai along with you, as if you’d be able to walk into the rich’s territory without extra support.

To sum it all up, you have basically been acknowledged as the unofficial goddaughter of the Wu’s and is already recognised by quite a few within in the business world, including Kris’ ‘future-in-laws’. Thanks to your great oppa, Kris who dragged you along to his first meeting with his fiancée, turns out she’s a really nice person though, really pretty too. You got along with her quite well within the few days between the first meeting and today’s party.

And right now, you’re trying to do your best with keeping her relaxed in her dressing room since she needs to make a grand entrance later on whilst Kai is accompanying Kris in the main venue.

Eunhye spun around from the mirror and faced you “Hyeyi-ah, does the dress look alright?” you smiled and walked up to her “unnie, stop worrying you look stunning. If you’re already like this now, I’d hate to know what you’d be like on your wedding day”. The older girl blushed and slightly lowered her head “you’re right, but I can’t help but to feel nervous…is it almost time yet?”

You sighed at the nervous girl in front of you and clasped onto her hands to offer comfort. “Just calm down, everything will be fine. You still got quite some time yet.”

Opposed to what you initially expected when you heard about the news of the engagement, Eunhye definitely wasn’t that sort of snobby rich girl who only cares about shopping and spending money. In fact she’s really down to earth, modest, caring, not to mention shy. You would have thought that she’s used to dealing with events with lots of people but no, she’s just so socially awkward. But she’s a nice girl. And you honestly think that she and Kris would definitely make a good couple...that is, if only they try to speak to each other more.

Your phone buzzed with a message off Kai, informing you that most of the guest has already flooded in.

The party has started.

“Oh God. It’s started hasn’t it?” Eunhye was literally on the verge of a panic attack now as she took deep breaths and fanned herself. Watching her just made you worry even more as you bit down onto your bottom lip, when she suddenly stopped and looked at you with hope filling her eyes. “Hyeyi-ah” you looked up her with a bad feeling “…yeah?” she didn’t seem to be completely sure of her idea but went on with it anyway “you know like they’re gonna be sending for one of the event organisers to me down to the main venue?” you slowly nodded, not liking where this was going, but then you realised what she wanted to ask of you and your eyes widened “you’re asking me to you? …me?” she eagerly nodded “will you?” you noticed how she was literally pleading you with her beady puppy eyes and swallowed down a big gulp “I…I guess…so?” her hands gave yours a grateful squeeze as she brightly smiled at you “thank God I have you here with me, Hyeyi-ah.” You awkwardly smiled and gently squeezed her hands back before pulling them away and excusing yourself to check out how things were going, not to mention talking to someone about the whole escorting thing.

“Hyeyi-ah” Kai waved you over to him and Kris. Relieved to see them, you tiredly trudged over to Kai’s side with a slight pout and wrapped one arm around his waist, resting your head on his shoulder. Kris just watched as Kai hugged you with one arm, pulling you close to him by the shoulder and planting a kiss on your forehead. “What’s up?” Lifting your head up, you looked directly at Kris “Eunhye unnie, says that she wants me to her down. Will that be alright?” Kris pursed his lips “well yeh, I'll tell my parents and the Lee's about it later. But are you sure you’re fine with it? You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” You shook your head and smiled at him “no, I’m fine with it. She’ll be less nervous if she's with someone she knows. I’m just scared that I’ll be too nervous to be facing all these people with her.” Kai pulled you closed a bit and teased “or too nervous to be stealing all the attention away from the main girl” you chuckled at his words and slapped his chest “as if I’d be able to do that.” You were only wearing a simple white dress, nothing extravagant like the one Eunhye wore. Kai was about to retort your comment but you turned back to Kris “seriously, unnie looks amazing. You can anticipate her grand entrance for sure.” Kris cleared his throat and looked away with a slight blush, making you chuckle at his awkwardness. “Aigoo, is my Kris oppa blushing now? hehe you're gonna be an engaged man soon" you teased and was aided by Kai “nevermind engaged, he’ll be a married man in no time” the two of you giggled at thought of the older one having a family of his own soon.

“Aish, look at you two lovebirds teaming up on me…just so you remember, I was the one who helped you two get back together. Ah~ I still remember it like it was yesterday, how my xiao mei here came barging into my office that morning"

You gasped, completely offended that he had to bring up that incident and countered. “Who told you to set me up like that?! I mean that whole airport incident was just…ugh. I still can’t believe you did that to me” Kai smirked just remembering how he heard about you frantically searching for him at the airport, thinking he was leaving for good.

“Well if it wasn’t for me, you two wouldn’t even be here, together like now. Just be thankful” he defended as Kai tried to calm you down a little. By now, he was already used to the constant bickering between you two oppa and xiao mei.

"I-I am thankful! …but…but was it really necessary to set me up to that extent?”

“Well, that…I…er, I admit I didn’t think it through enough. To be honest I didn’t think it’ll turn out so bad at the time. But I already apologised for that didn’t I?”

“Even if it did turn out right, that’d be even more embarrassing! … You practically made me run around the airport like a crazy woman…” Kai chuckled, despite this being the second time he heard this, it still amused him to a great extent that you went through so much for him. “And if I did happen to find him there, how embarrassing would it have been for me if he suddenly tells me that he’s only going away for two weeks? Two weeks! … As if bawling by eyes out in the middle of the airport wasn’t enough”

Kai hugged you closer to him, rubbing your arm “don’t be like that. I'm really happy to know that you love me that much, to be go running around the airport like a crazy woman, just to look for me” you playfully glared at him and mumbled “shut up you.”

You pulled away from him and looked around the place “where are the others? Are they not here yet?” As if on cue, a group of teens seemed to have made a loud entrance into the place. “Hyeyi-ahhh~” and before you knew your four best friends were running up to you in their cocktail dresses and dove onto you with hugs. After a few seconds, they pulled away and checked your outfit out. “Wow, you look amazing” you smiled at them “thanks, you all look amazing too. Just wait til you meet the Eunhye unnie later though. She looks absolutely wonderful” you purposely turned to take a look at Kris who once again turned away with a blush.

“Kris hyung!” an additional ten boys soon joined you all, including the boys of Café Lavender and Exo K (A/N: It feels weird referring to Exo M like that but it didn’t feel right to call them Exo M either since I never introduced them as that hehe) Both groups somehow became great friends after you and the Miss A girls, Kris and Exo K decided to celebrate Kai’s achievement in the Showstopper dance competition. Although he only managed to come in fourth place in his solo category, it’s an amazing result if you think about it on a worldwide scale and it’s fair to say that he’s number one here, in his own country. The studio as a whole itself did extremely well in making it into the top ten overall as well.

After that day of the mini celebration, in which Lay kindly closed off the café to other customers, Exo K frequently visited the café with you and occasionally met up with the boys outside as well.

You watched as your girl friends started joking around with all the boys, casually chattering away with the occasional giggles. It took a while, but you’re glad that your bestest friends were able to gradually come to befriend the Exo K boys as you hung around with them more often now. And it’s safe to say that Minyoung and Suji’s perspective of them have changed a lot since they got to know them better.

“Oh shoot!” you were hit with the realisation of the time and all your friends’ stares were on you now as you slapped yourself on the head. “Oppa, it’s almost time! I’ll go back to Eunhye unnie now” you turned to everyone else and said “I’ll see you guys later”, before hurrying off.

“Hyeyi-ah! Where have you been? I was worried you wouldn’t come!” Eunhye exclaimed in panic as she caught you from tumbling in through the door “sorry, I kinda got held up” you huffed. You took a quick glance at the clock and straightened yourself up. “Ok, we’ve got five minutes. Unnie, we need to go into standby now”.

You lead her towards the top of the elegant spiral grand staircase that leads right into the main venue.

The two of you nervously listened as Eunhye’s father went on with his little speech about how he looks forward to seeing his beloved daughter walk down the aisle, how it’s an honour to welcome Kris to their family etc. etc.

“…now let’s welcome my daughter, Eunhye to come and join us”

Applause filled the entire venue as you took a deep breath and spoke as calmly as possible “well…that’s our cue.” You felt Eunhye’s hand squeeze your upper arm and patted her hand in comfort. Her hands relaxed considerably as she hooked onto your arm properly and slowly took a deep breath.

Eunhye’s very appearance awed everyone present. Her breathtakingly gorgeous gold dress sparkled under the majestic chandeliers as she descended down the stairs. And you secretly felt like an octopus next to her until you looked around the masses of people and caught Kai’s eye, making you smile as he sent a wink at you. He and all the others occupied the spot right in front of the platform, at the bottom of the stairs, where Kris stood.

A starstruck expression lit up his face, which made you stifle back a giggle as you handed his fiancée over to him with a teasing smile before quickly scuttling off to Kai’s side. He leaned in and mumbled into your hair “you looked amazing” your eyes remained on the new couple who were getting ready to exchange their engagement rings as you nudged him and muttered “not amazing as unnie, have you seen how stunning she looks?” his answer was immediate as he mumbled into your hair again “no, I only had my eyes on you.” You turned to look at him, chuckling “cheesy”

The guests, in particularly your group of friends wooed and clapped as Kris pecked Eunhye’s cheek. You almost let out a squeal at the sight despite knowing full well that it was all pre-planned.

After that little kiss on the cheek, the lights dimmed seconds later, signalling the entrance of a large five tier cake which had sparklers stuck to its sides.

Everything progressed smoothly as the guests filled the dance floor. Your friends were surely enjoying themselves and it certainly is amusing to watch some of the boys getting chummy with the other Miss A girls. Baekhyun managed to hit it off with Suji. Chen was working at some crazy dance moves with Minyoung, but was failing badly and ended doing better with kkap dancing. Fei was chatting with Luhan whilst Jia was having what looks like a serious discussion about action movies with Tao. Lay, Suho and D.O were having a more mild discussion of their own and were also keeping an eye on the big babies, Chanyeol, Xiumin and Sehun who were fighting over more cake.

Kris and Eunhye lead the dancing with their eye catching outfit, Eunhye in her gold dress and Kris in his white tux. Despite how beautiful the scene was, the two of them weren’t even able to maintain eye contact with each other for any longer than two seconds. But at least they seemed to have already loosened up around one another a lot in comparison to their first meeting - man was that awkward - although their interaction were still awfully stiff.

You never even knew that your Kris oppa would have this side to him. Afterall, he was such a confident, not to mention snarky, person when you first met him. It really makes you wonder how it’s possible for him to be so awkward around Eunhye, or maybe you were just too easy to tease. But if only they’d make a better effort to get to know each other better, you know for sure that those two would make a perfect couple and Kris would definitely get the happiness he deserves - which is all you can ever wish for after he helped you get yours.

 

“Care for a dance, beautiful?”

 

You were snapped out of your thoughts and looked up to see 'your happiness' holding his hand out to you with his other arm behind is back, a cheeky grin lit up his face, making you laugh at his mannerisms. “Sure” grabbing hold of his hand, you were led onto the dance floor.

A meter away from you were Kris and Eunhye who diverted their eyes away from each other everytime they met. You smiled at them, noticing the cute blushes that coloured their cheeks. “Jealous?” turning your attention back to Kai, your heart skipped a beat once you met his gentle gaze “nope, I don’t need to be” you smiled but once you looked at Eunhye again, you continued “but unnie really is so pretty.” Kai frowned at your words and glanced over at her “is she?” he turned back to you and added “I think you’re prettier. You’re the prettiest.” His words didn’t fail to make your heart flutter with happiness as you chuckled at his cheesiness “ah!” You playfully glared at him when he knocked his forehead against yours “yah. Don’t laugh. I was being serious” opposed to what he wanted, his words only made you laugh even more.

Kai frowned again and stopped you both from dancing, gently cradling your face, resting his forehead against yours “I’m being serious” you looked into his eyes but as much as you wanted to hold back knowing that he won’t be pleased about it, you couldn’t help but to chuckle again. I mean, it’s not your fault that your boyfriend looks so adorable when he’s serious. “Yoo. Hye. Yi.” He sternly spoke “mm” you hummed as you childishly stared into his eyes, anticipating what else he would say. “You are the most beautiful girl I have and will ever meet” you were honestly really touched by his words and your heart was literally doing cartwheels in your chest. But despite all this you still wanted to burst out laughing for no apparent reason as you desperately bit down onto your bottom lip and successfully swallowed down your laugh. “Pabo, are you trying to say that you will be meeting other girls?” Your question had him taken aback and you inwardly giggled at his cute shocked face “no, I didn’t mean it like that” you smirked and bantered “really? ‘Cause that's what it sounded like to me.” his bottom lip jutted out as he pouted “you weren’t supposed to think of it in that way” you laughed harder at the contrast between his husky voice and pouty face...but it didn’t even take another second before he quickly regained his ‘serious’ face, curling a few strands of your hair behind your ear. “There will never be any other girls, I only need you. I will only love you.”

This time he didn’t even give you time to say anything more and quickly claimed your lips. Once his lips pressed against yours, the butterflies in your belly were all set free, fluttering all over the place. The kiss was slow and mellow, you could literally feel all his sincereness in those words, all his love, being poured into you. But it was all interrupted by the cooing from, pretty much everyone present, followed by a load of whooping and wolf whistling, courtesy of Chanyeol who led the other boys into joining in.

You looked around and blushed in embarrassment, realising that everyone had witnessed the whole scene. “Aww is my xiao mei here stealing tonight’s show away?” Kris teased. You looked up shocked that he was standing a few steps beside you with Eunhye by his side and stuck your tongue out at him as Kai pulled you closer to him.

In the distance you could hear one of your ba (as Kris’ dad tells you to call him)'s business partner say “wow. President Wu, you must have hit the jackpot, gaining two beautiful daughters within a year.” Your ba heartily laughed in response and agreed “yeh I really must have hit the jackpot. It definitely is my lucky year this year!” Even Eunhye’s father had decided to add in his own comment “looks like it won’t be long before young Hyeyi over there gets engaged as well” your ba’s smile grew wider at the very thought of it “you’re right. Kai-goon, I’ll be holding you on that one” the venue was once again sounded with his hearty laughter whilst Kai happily smiled in acceptance. Your ma (Kris’ mum) nudged her overly merry husband teasingly joining in “yeobo, stop it. Look, you’re embarrassing her”

You hugged Kai closer to you, wanting to bury your flushed face into his chest but weakly hit him there instead. “Pabo, look what’ve you done now” his body lightly shook as he chuckled at your reaction “yah, is this what I get for saying that I love you?”

Another round of your ba’s hearty laughter echoed throughout the venue, accompanied by the light-hearted smiles of all those who were present. However, your attention on them was brought away by Kai who gently turned your face to make you look at him again, before stealing a quick short kiss from your pouting lips.

Once again resting his forehead against yours, he softly whispers “I love you.”

You blushed a deeper shade of red and bashfully mumbled back “I love you too...pabo.”

 

A/N: Whew~ I can't believe I finally finished this story...just in time to start revising for my final exams - oh the joy~. I was hoping that I would get this out of the way to concentrate on revising but exo just had to make a comeback around this time to distract me didn't they? T_T but its ok, i hope. As long as i dont get too caught up in fangirling i should be fine......as if lol
...but anyway even though it's been a while since I finished Doubtful Relationship, it feels as though this is my first story here so i'll definitely miss writing it :(
to be honest I don't even feel like the ending is good enough :/ but i at ending stuff so... yeh haha
Thank you for everyone who subsribed, commented and read this fic. Really, really thank you. I love you guys so much! All your comments were much appreciated and it really does help pull me through stressful day. Thanks again! ^_^