Chapter 14

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Author’s POV

“Have a nice day sweetie!”

“Neh! Bye omaa, bye appa!”

The front doors opens and you step out the house dressed in your school uniform. As you stepped out the door, you felt a small, heard object drop onto you, making your head go bonk.

“Ouchie~”

Placing your hand on the top of your head, you tilt your head upwards. Directly above your head is an orange fruit rock lollipop dangling from a string.

Confused you slowly reach up to it. Your eyes following the string, the way it was setup appears to have been carefully planned out. It was tied to a wooden plank that supported the roofing above the front door and somehow led to the handle which acted as the trigger. The thought that someone actually went through the trouble of setting all this up made you chuckle in disbelief.

As quietly as possible, you shut the front door before your loving parents comes out, teasing you. You look up at the still hanging lollipop and sigh.

*Better get rid of all this string before appa sees…whoever did this should have took into consideration the trouble I have to go through to undo all this.*

Now that everything was undone, you looked at the lollipop held in one hand and your eyes travelled to the strings held in the other.

*I guess I’ll just think of it as a treat for taking up my time*

The wrapper and the strings are stuffed into you blazer pocket and the lollipop is placed into your little mouth.

You tug onto the leather straps of your polka dotted rucksack with double buckle fastenings as you happily enjoy the satisfying taste of your little reward.

At the end of the street, where you would usually turn the corner to make your way to school, stood an attractive male. Like a model posing for a photoshoot, he coolly leans against the wall with his right foot on the wall, one hand tucked into his trouser pocket and the other holding onto his phone which is currently receiving his full attention. You stop in your tracks as you observe the guy who claims he’s not gonna give up on you. Luckily he has not yet noticed you. Taking this chance, you decided to take a little detour around him. A simple right turn around the corner is no longer an option to get to school. You cross the peaceful road to the left and casually strolled past him on the opposite side of the road.

 (A/N: Just in case you get confused with the road layout haha)

Kai looks up just in time to see you in his line of sight. Shocked by your sneaky appearance, he jumps up from his position.

“Hyeyi-ah!”

Hearing him call your name, you give him a quick side glance, slightly turning your head to the right as you held onto your lollipop. You calmly plopped the lolly back into your mouth. Conveniently, you were able to cross the busy road before an endless line of traffic comes zooming past.

Kai frantically tries to go after you but was stopped by the merciless drivers, speedily driving by.

Further ahead, you smirked to yourself thinking you got rid of him. As you carried on walking on, you turned around to take a glimpse of behind. And. Stopped. Walking. *please don’t tell me* You once again looked behind you. *eeep not this again!*

Six or seven metres behind you was Kai continuing to close in. You gawked at his persistency and speed walked ahead.

“I see you’re enjoying the lollipop”

You hear that husky voice right beside your ear, causing your heart to skip a beat. Your entire presence paused for a second. Quickly unfreezing yourself, you spin around and came face to face with Kai. The tip of your nose brushing past his as you turned. Feeling his warm, minty breath tickling your skin, in addition to the sudden contact, you stumble back shocked at the closeness. Kai too looked shocked at the sudden skin contact. Well…maybe not shocked, he looked more…starstrucked. His eyes stares into the lasting image of yours, softening with each passing second.

Your eyes twitches as the look on his face leaves your heart feeling once again confused. Slowly backing away, you turn around and carry on walking, without the dazed male even realising.

After getting away from him for less than 15 seconds, Kai snaps himself back into reality. His eyes searches through all the pedestrians and almost immediately finds your retreating figure.

“Hey!”

Hearing him call out to you again, you roll your eyes *please~ just let me go to school in peace*

You stopped in your tracks again, letting out a heavy sigh and turned to face him.

“Stop following me!”

Your voice came out louder than expected. Though you yourself were shocked, you managed to keep your composure. Kai’s eyes widen. But a millisecond later a smile overtakes his face. *you’re finally speaking to me*

“What’re you talking about? Just a little reminder…we do go to the same school you know.”

Your eyebrows raises at his cockiness *whatever* and you turn around again, walking a few steps ahead.

The peace seems to have returned until someone suddenly decides to playfully bump into you from the right. You stumbled towards the left, further into the pavement. You looked at Kai in disbelief whilst he’s trying to act like nothing happened, though that signature smirk of his, hung onto his face as he stared ahead. Your mouth opened, almost shouting at him. But closes again when you realised that he’s walking very close to the busy road, where you wpreviously were. Seeing this you couldn't help but to think…Kai, maybe…just maybe, he was simply using his own little way to show his care towards you. *did he just…* Kai turned to you and smiled, making you stubbornly blank him despite knowing his sincere actions. But no longer did you protest against him walking alongside you and remained silent as you looked down gripping onto the straps of your bag.

When you finally looked up again, you could see Jia and Suji walking into school together. And forgetting about Kai, you ran towards your friends, leaving someone behind.

That someone watched as you greeted you friends, enveloping them both with a big hug. He watched you with a smile til your body disappeared into the school building before making his way in himself.

For quite sometime, a group of girls with rather short skirts were following the two of you on your little journey to school. They witnessed and observed every little interaction between the two of you.

“Look at that…that ”

“How dare she still stick to Kai oppa like that”

“Is that insansely hot boyfriend of hers not enough now? What a ”

“Who does she think she is, Miss A my ”

Amongst them stood a very agitated girl with an aura of fake classiness surrounding her. Her shaky hand curls into a firm fist as she looks on with a menacing glare, her eyes surrounded by overdone eyeliner and smoky eye makeup.

“Miyoung-ah, you should teach that little a lesson”

A low evil chuckle escapes the girl’s lip, followed by a horribly familiar screechy voice.

“Ha-ha…let’s just watch on a little longer…

*Yoo Hyeyi…you little wench*

 

A/N: Double update...got loads of work to do so I probably wouldn't be updating anytime soon...hope you will enjoy this chappie for now ^_^

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!