Chapter 37

I'm Sorry, I Love You

A/N: I've added some background music to this chapter, you don't have to listen to them if you don't want to

Enjoy reading ^_^

BGM: 4MEN - Love Sick

 

Author’s POV

After your little meet up with Kris which was cut short by a sudden meeting back in the office, you took the bus home by yourself.

The time seemed to pass by extra slowly as you watched the scenery zoom by in a blur. People kept getting on and off the bus whilst you remained seated, unmoving like a statue, seemingly staring out the window, but truthfully just staring off into blankness.

Unknowingly, you had sat through a whole round trip and were still planning to carry on sitting there had the bus driver not pulled you out of your daze for his lunch break. Luckily he was kind enough to drop you off at your stop despite the fact that the bus was no longer in service.

“Ahjussi, thank you. I’m sorry for taking up your time”

“No worries miss. Just be careful on your way home.”

You meekly smiled at him and bowed a goodbye, not really feeling ready to go home yet. In fact you almost felt compelled to go visit a specific place instead, as though a strong force was pulling you towards a certain park.

Or more specifically, pulling you towards a certain feature within the park

And your legs didn’t even feel the very least obligated to fight back such force as they willingly walk you over to it.

The chains of the swing rattled against the wind in the empty park, creaking against the frame, as you swung back and forth…your thoughts full of that one guy.

 

‘How is he doing?’

 

‘What’s he been up to?’

 

‘What’s it like in New York?’

 

‘…if only you could talk to him.’

 

‘…if only, if only you could see him.’

 

The swinging came to a stop with some extra squeaking.

And the words of Kris suddenly infiltrated your mind.

 

“Don't worry, you’ll see him again...soon...very soon”

 

Your grip on the chains remained firm as you pondered out loud.

“I’ll see him soon?” your head tilted, thinking about it more “how can he be so sure? … pabo oppa, don’t you try and bring my hopes u-”

A single drop of rain lands on the tip of your nose, making you go crossed eyed as you innocently focused your vision on it. The tickly feeling tingled along your skin, making you feel fuzzy inside.

One by one, more and more drops of rain followed after.

 

…pitter…patter…pitter…patter…

 

Rather than running off in search of shelter, you calmly remained seated.

Somehow the cold droplets felt so soothing as they softly splashed against your skin, soaking through your hair, your clothes.

 

…pitter…patter…pitter…patter…

 

Tilting your head up to face the sky, you allow your eyelids to slowly drop...just, simply wanting to enjoy this peaceful yet refreshing feeling that the rain brings you.

 

…pitter…patter…pitter…pat-

“Yah! What are you doing?!”

Your ears twitched in recognition and your eyes calmly opened as you slowly lower your head.

*That voice…  it can’t be… Kai?*

 

Freezing in your position, your grip on the chains tighten.

 

…pitter…patter…pitter…patter…

 

But nothing other than the rain could be heard.

*...I’m just hearing things.* you thought, disappointment filling your heart *Pabo, do you really miss him that much to be hearing voices like this? … Hyeyi-ah, he’s no longer here. He’s already go-*

“Pabo! You’re gonna get ill!” ...that voice, it was that voice again.

 

Something struck your heart like lightning when you heard overly familiar voice and your body once again froze as it tried to register your current situation, your current mental state. But now that you heard it again, you were absolutely certain that you did in fact hear it. You were certain that it was him. He's here. You're sure of it.

You swallowed down a huge lump of gulp, unprepared to face him. Your heart was violently hammering against your chest *it's him ... I'm sure of it ... I'm not going crazy ... it's really him ... it's really him ... it's gotta be*

...bit...by...bit...your head slowly, stiffly, turns, just hoping, hoping it's really him *please, please tell me I'm not going crazy... it is you, right?*

A bright yellow umbrella caught your eye and your attention was immediately brought to the boy with the seductive sun kissed skin, his very presence was glowing under the yellow fabric.

Worry filled his eyes as he jogs over to you "well don't just sit th-", freezing upon seeing your glassy orbs that were staring right back at him.

“Y-yah…wh-”

His radiant appearance, made your entire body tremble as a huge wave of emotions came washing over you, harshly clashing against your heart.

Your mind completely blanked out and despite the many things you wanted to say to him, no words came out of your mouth. Your lips could only quiver under his gaze. But what your mind could not comprehend, your body did.

It missed him... it longed for him.... you just missed him so, so much...

And before you knew it, your body went crashing right into his as you leaped up from the swings, throwing your arms around his torso.

The impact of the sudden collision had him taking a step back to support both your weights. His free arm instinctively wrapped around you as he comfortingly hugged you back, not caring about your soaked clothes that were damping his.

“A-are you ok?”

You were right... it was his voice ... this damn husky voice of his that you had heard. And hearing it again made you tremble under his touch even more as you try to fight back the tears, threatening to spill. Never, have you ever thought you would miss hearing his voice so much.

 

BGM: Jisun - Crazy in Love

 

You hugged him tightly in your arms, afraid that he will leave again. Your heart exploded with bittersweet happiness. It's rhythm matching in sync with the pitter pattering of the raindrops that splattered onto the umbrella above you.

“Yah" he softly spoke "what’s wrong? Did something happen?”

Breaking away from him, all those tears that you had fought back, effortlessly came crawling back out, pouring out of your eyes.

“…pabo!” your voice staggered as you raise your small, shaky fist and smacked it against him

“Ah!” Kai flinched once your weak fist came in contact with his chest.

He wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do when you hit him, how he’s supposed to react.

Simply put, he had no idea what was going on.

“…pabo!”

You raised your other fist and hit him again.

Another tear rolls down your face, dripping off your chin and splattering onto the soil ground below.

Kai stood there, completely clueless, whilst taking all your hits, his body defensively jutted around as your little fists hit him. It instinctively wanted to dodge them, but something in him just made him helplessly accept every hit.

 

“…w-where the hell have you been?”

…another hit, another tear

 

“…just leaving me…without a word”

…and another

 

“…do you have any idea...h-how scared I was?”

… your fists were weakening but you still carried on

 

*Scared?* Ignoring your fists that kept pounding against his chest, Kai just grew more curious, more concerned and more speechless as he stared down at you, at those tears that streamed out of your eyes, down your face.

Your face that was lit up by the yellow reflecting off the umbrella, your skin that glistened with tears as you choked back a sob.

 

“…when Kris oppa told me…told me that you were leaving for New York…do you have any idea…h-how scared I was?”

 

*…me?  …leaving for New York? …Kris hyung? …

“Well if that’s the case, then…can I ask that you not tell her about this?”

“Huh?! H-how come?”

“No particular reason~”

His nonchalant answer had the younger lad raising a suspicious brow but he knew that this hyung wouldn’t do anything bad…or would he?

“Don’t worry. Just trust me on this one, I’ll handle it” …*

 

Kai’s eyes never once left you.

Everything Kris said that day…his intentions…his plan…everything finally clicked.

And with this realisation, the look in his eyes transformed. There were no longer any signs of confusion nor helplessness. If anything, his gaze has intensified, mysteriously darkening at the sight of those tears, at the you crying in front of him.

 

“…I-I was scared… I was scared I would never see you again… I thought … I thought I lost you... I thought I lost you for good”

…your fist slowly landed on him with much weaker impact as you loudly sniffled, choking back yet another sob.

“…pabo…”

Bullets of tears endlessly strolled down your face, splattering against the ground.

 “…pa..bo…”

As you shakily raise your fist again, the umbrella drops onto the ground, heartlessly tossed aside, leaving you both exposed in the rain. The merciless raindrops immediately showered down upon yous. Allowing your tears to blend in with the sudden downpour.

Hands gently cradle your face.

And with a small step forward, Kai directly takes one last hit from you, your fist powerlessly lands onto his chest as he closes in. And at the same time, his lips crashes against yours.

Feeling a small pressure move against you lips, a shot of adrenaline shoots up your body, pumping through every one of your veins. Yours fists slowly uncurl themselves, the palm of your hands resting on his chest as you give into him. And your eyes flutters close, slightly tilting your head in response to his sweet kiss.

The rain was still pouring down and somewhere in the distance, the pitter pattering could still be heard as it came in contact with waterproof fabric of the umbrella. Needless to say, both of you were already soaked to the bone, your clothes clinging to your skin, but neither of you cared.

His right arm s around your waist, pulling you closer to him, squeezing out any space left between yous as he deepens the kiss.

Passion, desire and love…such overwhelming feelings flooded out from within as your lips continue to move against one another. And judging by the heartbeats that were running wild under your palm, you knew you weren’t the only one feeling like this.

A year ago, the two of you were stood here in the exact same place.

And just like a year ago, you were crying your eyes out.

…just like a year ago, his lips crashed against yours.

...but unlike a year ago, you did not break off the kiss.

…unlike a year ago, you were willingly kissing him back.

And unlike a year ago, you can positively say that…this is meant to be.

You love him.

And he loves you.

A persistent droplet of salty liquid that hung from the corner of your eyes slips out.

The final tear graces its way down your face.

The rain continues pouring down, washing away all the remaining traces of your tears.

Despite the cold downpour, the burning adrenaline that was pumping though your body kept you nice and warm.

His kiss lingers on your now swollen lips as they gradually, gradually parts.

Slowly opening your eyes, your sight was met with a blurred vision. But you were still able to work out the image of those hypnotising dark orbs that stared right back at you as you lazily blink away the excessive water.

His forehead rested against yours.

And his hands gently held your face.

All that could be heard is the heavy breathing you both shared. Your chests continuously rising and falling as you got lost in his eyes.

Inhaling and exhaling.

With another exhale, the corner of his lips tugged up into a smile.

A small smile…yet the genuinity of it undoubtedly outshone all his previous ones.

A smile that displayed happiness and gratefulness

“I got your answer”

Your eyes widened questioningly but it only took a second for you to realise what he was referring to. And so, diverting your eyes away from his, you lightly hit his chest again, mumbling “pabo” which only made him smile more.

 

A/N: Wooo theyre finally together again, sorry for the long wait haha...but this also means that this fic is coming to an end soon :(

Theres only one more chapter left and I'll probably be able to have it posted up in a day or two.

Thank you for subscribing and commenting ^_^