Bonus Chapter - KrisxEunhye

I'm Sorry, I Love You

 

Months passed by and the newlyweds had long come back from their not-so-romantic honeymoon in Paris, ironically known as the 'City of Love'.

As expected, nothing particularly excitable happened throughout their short stay abroad. And what supposed to be a romantic getaway, just simply seemed like your typical vacation.

No romantic moments were shared. No noteworthy memories were made. Nothing that would have their future selves looking back in reminiscence of their newlywed days. 

They did however, appear to have gotten noticeably more comfortable around each other, as the awkwardness that had once persistently lingered in the air had naturally dispersed with time.

All that is left is comfortable silence.

Just silence.

…if only they were to be able to converse spontaneously.

Afterall, for a pair of newlyweds, there is a serious lack of interaction – much to frustrations of those around them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a lovely Friday afternoon, with the sun shining brightly in a perfectly pastel blue sky, a few fluffy clouds scattered here and there.

Light tinkling of the bell was heard as the café doors were pushed opened.

And in steps a bubbly Hyeyi who scans the place before her eyes lands on a table in the far corner.

A smile spreads on her face in recognition as she picks up the pace, bouncing along towards it.  

Meanwhile at the table, Eunhye takes a small sip from her cup of caramel macchiato, eyes fixed on her phone in hand. As she lowered the cup, her action was halted by a sweet voice calling out to her.

“Unnie!”

A smile graced her face upon seeing the young girl arrive. The cup is gently set on the table and the two girls happily greeted each other with a short hug.

“Here, I ordered a cup of caramel macchiato for you”

“Ooh, thank you” without a moment of hesitation, Hyeyi picked up the drink and hastily gulped down a small amount. “Sorry for making you wait. Was you here for long?”

Eunhye lightly shook her head “I only got here not long before you did” she assured with a smile.

Hyeyi downed some more of the drink and nodded “…so, how’s things been between you and Kris oppa?”

“Ok…just the usual, nothing much”

“Ah~, the usual ‘usual’” the girl commented. “Wow, what’s with the lack of progress? This is so unlike oppa” curiously looking into Eunhye’s eyes she continues “have you two even managed to strike a proper conversation yet?” quickly adding “greetings and everyday small talks excluded”

A few seconds passes, in which Eunhye stayed silent, staring straight back at the girl.

Blinking away from those curious eyes, teeth grazed her bottom lips as she slowly shook her head “well Kris is usually busy with work, and I’m occasionally helping out at my dad’s company…” her voice trailing off.

“And when you’re not at the company? What do you do? Stay home? Alone? Doing what? …as far as I know, oppa has enough time to be hanging out with the boys and me. So~ it shouldn’t be hard for you two to spare some time for each other. I mean you’re both married already…although it may not have been the result of mutual love…BUT! That could change! You never know until you try”

Hyeyi looked at Eunhye meaningfully.

“…even if you say that…” Eunhye spoke up, feeling incredibly unsure. What is she supposed to do? Step up and be the one to ask Kris out or something? No. That’s just not her. She’s not the type to do that.

“Seriously, unnie! Tell me honestly” Hyeyi leaned forward, eager to ask “...what do you think of oppa?”

Eunhye’s eyes widened, startled by the direct question “w-what I think of him?”

“Mm. Not as your husband…but…just as a person. What do you think of him as a person?”

Unknowingly, the older girl’s cheeks heated up as she thought of her husband.

“Well…h-he’s nice…and caring” despite answering with hesitation, she cautiously stuttered out whatever word came to mind whilst Hyeyi nodded along thoughtfully “…responsible, like a gentleman”

“Like a gentleman” Hyeyi quietly repeated. Truthfully, she had felt a huge urge to laugh but held it in and successfully toned down her response to a simple humming.

“At least you have good impression of him, that’s a positive start” she mindlessly spoke … *how I wished you would see the other side of him…but then again, that would have probably made things so much easier*

“I still don’t know him well enough so…”

The younger girl pursed her lips, agreeing with Eunhye’s words “that’s true”

Slumping down into her seat and lazily drinking her caramel macchiato, she quietly mumbled under her breath “ba, ma’s wish sure is far reached”

“Wish? What wish?”

“What?” her eyes shot up, mentally smacking herself in the head *can’t you just keep your thoughts in here?!* … “erm…it’s nothing…I didn’t say anything”

Eunhye stared at her, knowing exactly what she had heard.

“Erm…I…” Hyeyi awkwardly started, unconsciously straightening herself up “…I was just thinking back to the conversation I had with ba, ma yesterday and you know them! Always joking around and stuff haha…well erm…they er……well they were saying…how nice it would be if…” she nervously glanced up at Eunhye and hurriedly blurted out “iftheycouldmeetheirgrandchildsoon”

Only one word could be understood in that sentence. And that one word was enough to have Eunhye’s eyes close to popping out of their sockets. *g-grandchild??!!*

Seeing the completely mortified girl, Hyeyi couldn’t help but to feel incredibly bad and uneasily called out to her “u-unnie”

Worry etched onto her face as she looked for any signs of movement from the frozen figure.

“Er…but don’t worry! As I already told them yesterday, it’s waaaaay too early to think about that…so forget I even said anything, ok?”

A moment of silence was shared between them which Hyeyi could no longer withstand. 

“Unnie, just forget about it…hm?  Come on! It’s been a while since we had a girls’ day out. Let’s go! We got some shopping to do, and I need to stock up on my sweet supplies!”  Pulling Eunhye up from her seat.

“Let’s go, go, go!” Hyeyi punched her fist in the direction of the mall, the very mall owned by her oppa - Kris Wu.

Two hours later, the girls wandered out of a clothing store, their arms linked together, a few shopping bags in hand and a lollipop stick sticking out of the younger girl’s mouth.

They continued roaming around the mall, the previous conversation forgotten. That is until a familiar figure was seen in the distant, a small group of secretary and assistants behind him as he politely shook hands with one of the store managers.

Both girls were brought to halt.

“Isn’t that Kris oppa?”

As if someone had hit the play button of a broken cassette player, the word ‘grandchild’ repeatedly echoed in Eunhye’s head.

“Come on, we should at least go and say hi”

Unaware of the older girl’s little dilemma, Hyeyi pulled her along and approached the figure.

“Oppa!”

Kris turned to follow the voice of his beloved xiao mei and smiled upon seeing her and his wife. “Hey”

Eunhye’s cheeks suddenly flushed bright red.

Slightly turning her head to avoid eye contact, she nervously greeted back “h-hey”

Her stuttering caused Kris to look at her in concern, immediately taking note of her strange behaviour. However his piercing gaze only made her cheeks heat up even more.

His eyes automatically found its way to Hyeyi, knowing full well that she must have done something to do with it.

The said girl, had also only just realised why her unnie was acting like this and found herself speechless when her eyes were met with Kris’. His eyes were sternly demanding an explanation and hers responded back with an understanding look *I’ll explain later*

*You better*

“Sir,” breaking the eye contact was one of the assistants who whispered into Kris’ ear.

“I have some business to get back to now.”

His eyes fell down to the shopping bags “enjoy your shopping” before looking up at his wife, “I’ll see yous later.”

He casted Hyeyi one last look *and I’ll be expecting to hear your explanation soon* before walking off. The other employees bowed at the girls and quickly scrambled after him.

Hyeyi quietly exhaled once they left and turned to the older girl beside her, shocked to see how red she was “u-unnie, are you ok?”

“A-ah, yeh” Eunhye lightly patted her cheeks in hope that the blushing would subside quicker.

The two of them returned to do some shopping shortly after until Eunhye received a phonecall from her dad’s company asking for her to attend a sudden meeting.

Hyeyi chose to stay at the mall, deciding that it’s best if she pays her oppa a little visit now.

Knock. Knock.

The door slightly opened, leaving a small gap that just about allowed the girl to pop her head in.

“Take a seat over there”

Kris spoke from his desk without even looking up from all his paperwork.

Without a word, she just did as he said, not wanting to cause too much of a distraction.

The secretary came in, placing two cups of coffee on the table and quickly left the room.

After a while of silent waiting, Kris finally got up from his desk and made his way over.

“So, mind explaining what exactly was going on?”

Hyeyi innocently looked up at her oppa who plopped down on the seat opposite her. “Nothing…much”

Her answer only got a stern gaze from the male, telling her to answer properly.

“Just that...I may, or may not have blurted out something I shouldn’t have?”

“That ‘something’, being?”

“…just~…something that ba, ma said”

“And what did they say?”

“Errr…” Hyeyi sat fidgeting around, playing with her fingers.

Clearing , she turned her head to the side, avoiding those prodding eyes and almost whispered the last words “something about…grandchildren”

Kris nearly choked on his own saliva. “What?!”

Grandchildren?! His jaw dropped and seconds later when he gained his senses back, his hand lightly smacked against his forehead “ba, ma said that?”

“Well you can’t exactly blame them…they’re just getting slightly impatient with your lack of progress in this marriage”

“And you told Eunhye this?!” Completely ignoring what she had just said.

Hyeyi, herself returned the favour, continuing with the point she wanted to make. “The two of you have been married for a good few months already, yet have you ever taken her out anywhere? Or even sat down and have a decent chat, you know…try and get to know each other better?”

Still not catching onto what the girl had said, “no wonder why she was acting strange”

“Oppa. I understand you’re a busy CEO who got this whole mall to take care of but you clearly have time to meet up with me and even go hanging out with the guys. But you should think about unnie more. Yeh, she’s helping out at Mr Lee’s company every now and then, sometimes going out with me…but other than that, she’s always stuck at home by herself. She must be so bored on her own. You should take her out more. Get to know her better while you’re at it…and act more like what a couple should.”

Hyeyi looked at her oppa and sighed, having finished her little speech.

Thankfully, it appeared that Kris had finally listened to her, which meant she wasn’t just wasting her breath. Maybe he’s even feeling bad for what seemed to be his neglect towards his wife.

At that time, Hyeyi’s phone started ringing. The girl gave her oppa another look before answering “hello?” … a girly giggle was heard before she lightly scolded the caller “…stop it. You’re so cheesy … now? … ok, I’ll be down in a minute” covering the bottom of her phone, she turned to Kris who still seemed to be in thought “oppa, I’ll get going now. Kai’s here to pick me up…remember what I said and don’t overwork yourself!”

And with a soft bang, the door closed, bringing Kris back to reality.

He slowly got up with a deep sigh, shaking off his thoughts before getting straight back to work.

After a good few hours, his head fell back as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

His eyes made its way to the clock on the shelves standing at the side of his desk. There was still half an hour to go til the hour hand lands on six and he was more than ready to finish work for the day.

His mind drifted back to his previous conversation with Hyeyi which naturally made him think of his wife. And with the guilt of his apparent neglect towards her eating him up, his hand reached over to his mobile phone and rang a not-so-familiar number.

It took a few rings before the receiving end picked up the call.

“Hello?”

“Hi erm…” There was a clear feeling of awkwardness in his tone as though this was the first time he made a call to the person.

“K-Kris?”  the woman herself sounded rather surprised on the receiving end.

“Yeh…erm…are you busy right now?”

“N-no. The meeting just ended so…I’m just about to head back home now”

“You’re at your dad’s company right now?”

“Huh? Ah, yeh”

Hastily grabbing a few of his belongings, Kris went heading straight out the doors “wait for me, I’ll collect you”

“N-now?! …o-oh…ok”

“I’ll see you in a few minutes then”

“…see you” Eunhye softly spoke, confused with her current situation. A situation she is most certainly not used to.

Eunhye made her way down towards the entrance of the building and it didn’t take long before a recognisable car smoothly pulled up in front of her father’s company.

Her heartbeat increased as she watched the tall, lean figure step out of the driver’s seat and approached her. Having stood frozen on the spot, shamelessly staring at the gorgeous man known to be her husband, she had finally regained her senses and unsteadily breathed out a “hey” as he stood right before her.

Kris greeted back with an awkward smile, his hand had making its way up to the back of his neck.

“Should we go?”

Eunhye nodded and let him to lead her to the passenger seat, smiling in thanks as he opened the door for her.

The usual silence engulfed the ‘couple’ as Kris started the car, until Eunhye decided to speak up, realising they had passed the road that led back home.

“Are we going somewhere?”

Kris hummed in response “I thought we should occasionally go out to eat. It must be tiring, cooking for me all the time”

“Oh no, it’s fine!” she waved her hands, assuring him that she doesn’t mind at all “…besides I actually enjoy cooking”

The male smiled at her sincere answer “that’s good to hear. You are a really good cook”

Eunhye’s cheeks heated up again at his small compliment “thanks”

The two reached an Italian restaurant where Kris pulled into the parking lot, swiftly making a perfect turn into a space.

Stepping out of the car first, he made his way over to the passenger seat and opened the door.

… “A table for two” the waiter politely smiled and led the way to a dimmer side of the restaurant, setting a romantic vibe. He pulled out the seat for Eunhye. And handed them a menu each as well as placing two glasses of water on the table.

Having placed the order for two spaghetti alle vongole and a bottle of white wine, the usual silence slowly seeped in.

The waiter was back shortly after with their bottle of wine and two empty glasses which he diligently filled up to a small amount.

Just before the silence made its return, Kris spoke up “so erm…”

Eunhye seemed surprised at Kris for preventing the silence but was pleased to see him attempt to spark a conversation “how did the meeting go?”

“Ok. Though we seem to be having a few problems with one of the building sites due to a misunderstanding with the locals but I believe the situation would be resolved soon”

Kris nodded in understanding, since he too was aware of how snappy the locals can get when it comes to building works. “Hopefully”

“What about you? How’s your day been?”

The two started conversing, but the conversation seemed rather formal with the topic drifting back and forth between their businesses.

If anyone else saw them, you would never expect the two to be a married couple but rather, they just seem to be simply business partners – nothing more, nothing less.

Moments later, the same waiter was back with their plates of spaghetti, placing down Eunhye’s plate first and then Kris’.

The conversation naturally died down as their attention was brought to the food in front of them. That was until a thought suddenly popped into Eunhye’s head with such random timing.

“Kris?”

The said male slowly swallowed the food in his mouth, cleaning his lips with the napkin “Hm?”

“I was just wondering…did Hyeyi by any chance say anything to you?”

In Kris’ head, he immediately thought of the ‘grandchildren’ subject which Eunhye had (luckily) actually forgotten about, but he dared not to mention it. And so, clearing his throat, he quickly downed a bit of wine “why do you ask?”

“I was just thinking…you know…since you suddenly called me and took me out for dinner…I…I just thought it had something to do with her”

Kris’ eyes softened as he listened to her soft spoken words “yeh, she did. And to be honest, I actually think she has a point.”

“Hm?” Eunhye’s eyes glistened in surprise as she looked straight into his.

“I just thought it's about time we get to know each other better…don’t you think?”

Her head slowly nodded in agreement, making him smile softly at her.

“So, how about 20 questions?”

Eunhye chuckled at his sudden enthusiasm and nodded again.

Both sides mainly asked about the basic likes and dislikes – favourite colours, food, films, hobbies, etc.

It wasn’t much but it was a decent start. And it also marked their first step to growing closer. Not to mention how, unlike their previous little conversations, this one was filled with tinkling laughter as stories were shared in relation to their answers.

Finishing dessert, they paid the bill and were about to head back home when Kris suggested to go for a little walk in a park nearby.

The two of them strolled around the park, illuminated in orange due to the big street lights that hovered over the place.

After walking around for a bit, they sat themselves down on a bench. The park was so peaceful and the silence around them felt much more comfortable and relaxing than before.

Eunhye raised her head, enjoying the night breeze with a smile gracing her face. “You know, had I not moved out of my parents’ place, I probably would never have the chance to come to a public park like this one.”

Kris turned to her, fully empathising with what she was trying to say.  Afterall most of the rich people here, found it degrading being placed in a place with commoners. Even the more well off residential areas tend to have private park provided.

“It actually feels nice, going for a stroll out here, away from all that rich lifestyle”

Even though Eunhye herself is so hardworking, and has always obliged with her family’s wishes, always managing to keep up with their expectations, he could see that somewhere inside this dutiful daughter, was someone who desired freedom, someone who just wanted to be herself…someone who rarely showed her true feelings, someone who had always stood alone.

“Yeh, it is”

“Have you ever wondered?”

Kris just stared at her, waiting for her to continue.

“…what it’s like to be a commoner? Having to work an extra mile just to make enough to help you pull through, coming home to a lively house with little fights here and there but at the end of the day all is forgotten, forgiven.”

He watched as her eyes sparkled with admiration and interest as she spoke of such lifestyle and seeing her like this, he felt his own heart warming up.

“…and dates! Away from the same old classy restaurants, going around the busy streets together and playfully trying out the couple items-”

Her eyes suddenly met Kris’ who was staring intently at her and only then did she realise how she was speaking more than usual, rambling on about life as a commoner. Not to mention how she had to mention the dates!

Blood rushed up to her cheeks, heating them up in an instant. Eunhye shamefully looked down at her knees and mumbled a quiet “s-sorry”

A chuckle was heard and much to her surprise, she felt a hand ruffle her hair.

She looked up, shocked at the sudden display of…affection?

Now it was Kris’ turn to mumble an apology.

He didn’t even know what happened. His hand seemed to have grew a mind of its own…or more like, the hair ruffling is just a habit, a habit that occurs whenever he was with…with Yoo Hyeyi.

“Er hm, it’s getting late now, we should...probably head back”

The ride back was just – awkward.  Neither of them spoke a word.

At home, the two were about to disappear into their own rooms – yes they still sleep in separate rooms – which were right opposite each other, when Kris suddenly called out

“Eunhye-ah”

Turning her upper body with her hand still resting on the handle of the half opened door, Eunhye looked back to see Kris nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

“I know it’s probably a bit late saying this now, but…erm…er…I…just wanted to say sorry, I feel like I’ve been neglecting you this whole time. I haven’t treated you properly like a good husband would. I mean, this whole marriage thing is still new to me but...I’ll try, I’ll try and make this work out better for us. I wouldn’t wanna rush things, so let’s just take it slowly. Just one step at a time. That is of course, if it’s ok with you”

Eunhye touched to see him make that little effort, nodded and warmly smiled at him “thank you, for willing to try. I’ll try my best too…to make this work out” taking her hand off the door handle and raising it into a fist “hwaiting!”

Although her voice came out soft, the cheerfulness behind that small fist made her look absolutely adorable in Kris’ eyes, especially for someone who would usually shy away from such actions.

And thanks to her newfound enthusiasm, he found himself breaking out into a bright smile “hwaiting"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Eunhye woke up quite late at ten in the morning. She came out of her bedroom stretching her arms and froze in mid yawn to see Kris sat in the living room.

“Kris?!”

Kris looked over his shoulder from the sofa, his eyes scanning her appearance. Seeing her messy bed hair, matched with a pair of silky satin pink polka dot pyjamas, he gave her a lopsided grin.

“Morning” it was but a simply greeting yet that small hint of mockery in his tone immediately made the poor girl become self conscious. Her hands flew up to her hair, patting it down in hopes it made her look more presentable. “M-morning”

Kris was usually out of the house by nine and it felt extremely bizarre to see him still causally lazying around in the house at this time of day. But now that she looks at him, he wasn’t in his usual suit either and was instead dressed in a simple white tee. “Aren’t you going to work today?”

Kris had already returned his attention back to the newspaper in hand. Turning the page and continuing to read, he answered, “nope, we’re going out today. Go and get dressed.”

“Huh?”

Eunhye blinked repetitively before turning back around, scratching the non-existent itch at the back of her head.

She had no idea what was going on, what the guy was planning and had no idea how to dress for this unknown outing.

As if Kris had been listening in on the confusion in he head – still not looking up from the newspaper – he added, “just wear something casual”

Half an hour later, the confused girl came back out in a lace denim dress to see her husband still sitting on the sofa, his attention now fixed on the TV screen.

Hearing the clicking of her heels, he turned to her “you done? Let’s go then. We’ll grab something to eat there.” Switching the TV off, he made his way around the sofa and waited for her to get to him before heading out of the front door together.

Eunhye quickened her steps in attempt to match the pace of her super long legged husband. Occasionally she would have to do a little run up to catch up. “Where are we going?”

Kris only smiled and cryptically answered “you’ll see”

“Huh?” Eunhye stared back at the garage in confusion and continued trying to catch up with him “aren’t we taking the car?”

“Nope. We’re taking that” he pointed over towards the main road and smirked.

“The bus?! We’re taking the bus?!” her eyes widening in shock. Could it be…? He couldn’t be doing this because of… her ramblings yesterday…?

“Hurry up, the bus is here” Kris stopped and took a few steps back towards his wife. His hand rested on her back, gently pushing her along to the bus stop.

Eunhye found her heart rapidly beating in her chest due to the mixed feelings of excitement and slight worry of this new experience.

“For two please” she heard Kris say and watched him in fascination as he scanned his T-card, causing the machine to beep twice.

She, herself had no idea why she was fascinated by this when she’s completely used such technology especially since she has to scan her ID every time she enters the company.

“Come on,” following Kris who motioned her to take a seat near the back by the window before he plopped down next to her.

She observed the interior of the vehicle, eyes wandering like a child. If anyone else were to see her, they’d probably think she’s an alien in this place or just downright crazy. But who could blame the girl when her rich parents never liked the idea of her being trapped in such a dirty place contaminated with all sorts of bacteria.

And while she was fascinated by this experience, Kris was fascinated – or rather, amused – by the childlike expression on her face as well as that sparkle in her eyes that he had witnessed last night.

“We’re here” Eunhye followed Kris out and was met with the sight of the well known busy streets of Myeongdong.

The place was flooded with people which strangely made the girl feel even better, being surrounded by so many people and not feeling secluded from the outside world.

The two of them went to grab some breakfast at Caffe Bene where they ordered some coffee and waffles.

“Do you often go out to places like this, taking the bus?”

Eunhye asked, not expecting Kris to be someone who would take buses when he clearly has his own car to drive. Nor did she expect him to like coming to such a crowded place, he just doesn’t come off as that sort of person.

“Sometimes, not always. Like you said, it’s nice to step away from the rich lifestyle every now and then”

Eunhye hummed in response, “I’m jealous. You’re parents actually let you do that?”

Kris pursed his lips as he looked at her before dropping the subject “let’s go, there’s so much for you to see”

Exiting the café, they heading towards the main streets where they were almost immediately swamped by the sea of people. More and more people seemed to be filling up the place and there was only little space to walk in.

Eunhye tried hard to keep up with Kris but somehow got carried away by a crowd.

Kris’ figure was no longer sight.

Her eyes darted around the masses of people, but could find no signs of the tall male.

Being left alone in such an unfamiliar place, amongst all this strangers did not feel good at all. And she had soon found herself starting to panic, her heart racing in her chest at an alarming speed.

Out of nowhere, a hand latched onto her wrist, pulling her out of the crowd.

Her eyes rounded but relief immediately washed over her face as she saw Kris’ worried face.

“Thank God, I thought I lost you there”

Kris’ eyes dropped down to her feet and a sigh escaped his lips before scanning the area they were in.

“Since we’re here, we should get you some better footwear”

Now that he mentioned it, a refreshing cold air embraced her warm body, calming her senses as she realised that she had been pulled into the Converse store.

“Sorry, I should have warned you not to wear heels beforehand”

“Hm? Oh no, it’s-”

Before she could even finish her sentence, Kris had sat her down on one of the provided seats.

He stared down at her feet for a second before telling her to wait there whilst he wandered off. Moments later, he was back with a shop assistant carrying a pair of white converse in its box.

Taking one of the shoes out of the box he held it out towards her “here, try this. It should fit you”

Eunhye looked at him sceptically but took the converse from his hand anyway. Carefully taking her right shoe off, she slipped on the converse and was shocked to find he had indeed picked out the right size. She looked up giving him a how-did-you-know look to which he responded with quite a cocky smirk

“Keep them on. I’ll go and pay”

With Eunhye now fully prepared to walk through the crowd in her new shoes, they were about to head out when Kris clasped his hand onto hers “I don’t wanna be losing you in the crowd again”

As Kris led her through the masses, a fluttering feeling filled her chest, warmth spreading through her body as she stared at his back and then at their connected hands. Her cheeks heated up again and she was more than glad that the male was unable to see them.

Throughout the day, the two of them looked around various shops, poking fun at certain merchandises and playfully trying some of them on.

Eunhye even attempted to make Kris try on some cute accessories to which her desperately to get away from, dodging back from her hands. In the end she had somehow managed to sneakily slip on a bright pink sparkly flower headband on him and couldn’t stop giggling at him for half an hour after he had grumpily pulled it off his head.

Whilst they were too occupied with looking around a cap store, another couple who just happened to be in the area passed by. And whilst they were unable to notice the younger couple, the younger couple had undoubtfully spotted them.

“Awwwww they’re so cute together!” a squeal was heard from a petite figure hiding by the front entrance of the store, followed by a deep, husky voice which started…whining??

“Yaaah~ how could you fangirl over other couples when you have this amazing boyfriend with you?”

“Shuuu! Look at them, they’re just so cuuute~”

At that moment, Kris had suddenly found it oh-so-hilarious to pair the usually shy Eunhye in a cap with ‘SWAG’ on it, plonking it down onto the girl’s head whilst she pouted, unpleased with his snickering.

Meanwhile another round of squealing erupted from the girl by the entrance. “Awwwwwwwwwwwwww~” and her boyfriend could only deeply sigh at her. “I knew I shouldn’t have let you go for all that ice cream”

“But I can’t help it! Oppa and unnie looks sooo good together” the girl dreamily watched on whilst the boy couldn’t take it anymore and pulled her in by the waist. “Let’s go, we have our own date to continue”

Not long after the young couple left – or more like how the boyfriend dragged his girlfriend away – Kris and Eunhye came out of the shop with matching caps. Kris wearing the yellow one and Eunhye, the red.

Both of them continued their little date, completely unaware of the other couple’s previous appearance. As they continued roaming the busy streets, hands tightly held together.

Occasionally they would stop at some food stalls and grabbed some street food to eat on the go.

“Wah!”

“You really haven’t tried this before have you?”

“Mm, wow this is amazing! So tasty”

“You must have missed out on a lot in your life” Kris mumbled as he watched her quietly take small bite from the fishcake stick whilst other people stuffed it into their mouths. “Come on, we still haven’t been to that area yet” he nudged his chin in the direction.

 

Having explored the majority of the area and its shops, they decided to have some ddukbokki for dinner before heading back.

 

Eunhye and Kris didn’t really talk on the bus, both exhausted by the long day out. Eunhye in particular looked completely tired out, considering how her excitement drained out more energy from her.

As soon as they reach home, both of them plopped down on the sofa, unwillingly to move anymore.

“So, how was it?”

“Hm?”

“Wasn’t that what you wanted to do? Have a date in the busy streets, trying out the couple items?”

“Mm” Eunhye blushed, still embarrassed she said all that to him. But a smile lit up her face as she recalled her day “it was really fun. Thank you.”

Kris, too tired to do anything else at the moment simply smiled in response.

As the fatigue slowly got to her, Eunhye covered her mout, letting out a big yawn. “I think I’m gonna turn in for the night”

Getting up from the sofa, she headed towards her room when Kris called out to her.

“Hey Eunhye-ah”

“Hm?”

Eunhye turned, her hands automatically jolted up to her chest, startled to see Kris right in front of her.

The said man slowly inched in and she found herself leaning against her bedroom door. Her heart was pounding against her chest. Her stomach knotting up.

His lips were just a thin wall of air away from claiming hers, just the slightest of movement would have them touching.

 

Eyes squeezed shut. Hands tightly curled up.

 

She waited.

 

But nothing happened.

 

Slowly, nervously, opening her eyes, her vision is met with the sight of his neck right before her eyes. His adam apple bobbed up and slowly back down as lips were softly planted on her forehead.

“Goodnight” he whispered, lightly ruffling her hair before turning around into his own room, shutting the door behind him.

Eunhye, on the other hand, stood rooted to the ground.

The feelings inside her felt so overwhelming and it was just a kiss…to the forehead.

That, was all it took for her to feel all those butterflies in her stomach that people always spoke of.

And deep inside, she felt something else. A tinge of disappointment? Was she disappointed it wasn’t the lips?

But then she was bitterly reminded of the conversation from the previous night.

*Ah. Right. We’re taking it slowly…just, one step at a time*

 

A/N: Hiii, how's everyone doing? wow it's been so long since i've been writing, i was having difficulty adjusting haha. Really, really sorry i updated so late btw. But i hope you enjoyed some more of Kris and Eunhye ^_^ i thought i should at least give them a bonus chapter since i wasnt planning on making a side story for them. but im really not sure if the ending is way too open  ://
Well, Hyeyi had quite a lengthy appearance in here as well haha although kai only made a short cameo, but dont worry they shall have a bonus chapter of their own ^______^ ill try and have it written up asap, and then that shall mark the actual, actual end of this fic /sobs/
Also, im planning on writing a BaekhyunxOC fic but im not entirely sure if i should...ill just wait and see how it goes
Once again, thanks for commenting and subscribing!!!