Chapter 6

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Kai’s POV

After an hour of just lying on the floor of the studio, I finally take my arm off my eyes and sat up looking over at my belongings gathered next to the still playing stereo. 

My body felt numb and exhausted from all the dancing, but strangely I felt more alive. Forcing my tired body up, I made my way over towards the stereo. I held up my blazer and took my phone out.

Whoa, it’s already half eight?!

5 messages and a few missed calls…all from D.O with the exception of one message from Suho hyung

 

6:05pm D.O

Hey Kai :)

Time you coming back at?

 

6:34pm D.O

Hey again :) text me back when you get this message, I need to know how many people to cook for

 

6:56pm Suho hyung

Hi…erm Kai, please text D.O back…he’s kinda getting a bit stressed deciding how much to cook

 

7:13pm D.O

KAIII…do you want dinner or not?

 

7:21pm D.O

I’ll leave your dinner in the microwave

Come back soon.

 

Crap…the dreaded full stop. Is he actually mad? Damn…I still need to share a room with this guy. *sigh*

I should better get going.

“Kai? You’re still here?”

I look over my shoulder to see Taemin sunbae at the door.

“Oh Taemin hyung” I turned off the stereo and ejected the CD “Yeh sorry…I’m gonna get going now”

“Oh no it’s fine…it’s just that I walked in before, but you were too absorbed into dancing to have notice” he smiled at me “You sure know how to express the emotions with your moves, I’m impressed… you’re a really talented dancer”

I weakly smiled back at him. If only he knew where all those emotions came from.

“Thanks…I’ll just leave you to take over now”

“Bye Kai!”

Grabbing my belongings, I lazily waved at him and walked out. The sky is already dark and orange streetlights lit up the empty street. It feels comfortable and quiet. The soothing night’s breeze lightly brushes past my heated sweating body as I walk down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The front door unlocked with a click, I stepped in with an uneasy feeling. The house was dangerously quiet with the exception of the Gag Concert being broadcasted on the TV…but no laughter could be heard.

At the sound of the front door opening, Baekyeol who were separated by ‘someone’ on the sofa whips their head around to face me. They both meekly smiled at me before sharing eye contact and quickly scuttled off to their bedroom. I gulped as I observe that one person who remained still on the sofa, emotionlessly staring at the TV screen, without bothering to look back. Suho hyung steps out from the kitchen with his cup of water and awkwardly smiles at me.

“You’re back.”

I awkwardly smiled back at him and looked over at D.O.

“Yeh…I er…I’m gonna take a shower first”

I looked down as I take my shoes off…four pairs of shoes…maknae’s not back yet.

The thoughts were horribly bothering me as I walk into my room. What the hell could they be doing for so long out there? What time is it alrea-it’s almost nine! They can’t possibly be drinking bubble tea for what…? Three or four hours?

Growing increasingly annoyed, I threw my bag onto my side of the bedroom. I took off my blazer and messily threw it on my bed and ed my drenched through shirt, which was also thrown on the bed.

Unknowingly D.O has entered our room, either his footsteps were eerily silent or I’m just too lost in my thoughts.

“Do you really think you should be the one throwing a tantrum right now?”

I froze and cautiously turned my half body around.

 (A/N: ‘cause I’m a horrible person and I just wanted to tease you all :p)

D.O had a very displeased expression on his face rather than his usual blank look or gentle smile.

“Take your clothes off the bed. I just tidied the room this morning.”

He spoke with a cold voice, full of authority, which immediately made me feel like a three year old child getting told off by his mother. I stared at him, uncontrollably blinking a few times.

“N-neh…hyung.”

I could feel his eyes fixed on me as I obediently walked over to my bed, taking the dirty clothes off it and held onto them. Once again I slowly turned around to face ‘umma’s wrath’. D.O’s eyes glanced at the clothes in my hands, he blinks and looks up at me with that same facial expression.

“Can I ask you…what exactly do you use your phone for?”

Instead of answering back which I did not dare to at this very moment…I mumbled a quiet sorry at him with my head facing down.

“Sorry?”

My head remained still as my eyes guiltily moved up, when it met his, I immediately looked down at the floor again.

“If you were sorry, you would have actually text me back.”

Still, I did not dare to answer back and the room was filled with a heavy silence. D.O continued to watch me, his eyes soften as he lets out a defeated sigh.

“Have you eaten yet?”

His voice finally returns to that gentle tone. My eyes innocently widens as I look up at him whilst my head slowly rises. I shook my head. D.O lets out another sigh.

“Go and shower…I’ll reheat the food.”

I smiled in relief and made my way to the door. The moment I opened it, Baekyeol who were clearly listening in on everything fell forward into our room. They looked up at the two of us *busted*, getting up and awkwardly scratched the back of their heads laughing. I gave them questioning looks whilst Suho hyung stood behind them shaking his head in disappointment.

Before I entered the bathroom, I turned to Suho hyung.

“Maknae…is he-“

Knowing what I wanted to know, Suho hyung answered me, before I could mention her name.

“Sehun-ie is eating out, he should be back soon”

I nodded in thanks to him and entered the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My body relaxes as the hot water from the shower head shoots down onto my face and flows down my body. Though my body feels much more calm after all that dancing, my mind remains restless.

Oh Sehun you lucky brat.

 

FLASHBACK (Author’s POV)

On that night of the break up, Kai remained sat on the ground of the park for at least an hour. Having become weary from everything that has happened, he finally decided to get up and go home.

Exo K froze in shock and confusion to see him come back so early. Suho and D.O noticed how tired Kai looked and didn’t really wish to bother him so they just kept quiet. But of course the other three were completely oblivious to the look on Kai’s face.

“Wow…you’re back early!”

“Hyeyi noona…shouldn’t you have stayed with her longer”

“Yeh…it is your third m-“

Kai couldn’t take all the questions related to you being thrown at him any longer and decided to speak up in order to shut them all up, without knowing it would have a backfiring effect.

“We broke up”

Like he wanted, the room was filled with silence. All of Exo K were baffled by what they heard. Their mouth slightly hung open. Even though they are all fully aware of how much of a playboy Kai was, they knew that the way he treated you was different. They actually believed that Kai’s relationship with you would last much, much longer than any of his other relationships. His relationship with you was real. He actually had sincere feeling towards you. They knew it, they saw it in his eyes when he looked at you, when he was around you, he was different.

 Kai looks up at his silenced members and turns around making his way to his and D.O’s room for a rest.

Hearing Kai say something like that so casually got Sehun’s blood boiled up. He walked over to Kai with fuming steps and grabbed his arm, yanking him back before he entered the room.

“What do you mean?”

At this point, Kai was already completely out of his mind. Though it pained him for you to have broke up with him, he blankly looked at the protective maknae and scoffed, diverting his attention away from Sehun for a second. He looked back at Sehun, directly in the eyes.

“Is it really that hard to understand?  I said…We. Broke. Up.”

The other four members didn’t know what to do but to watch the wrecked Kai in front of them. He was clearly suffering yet he’s trying so hard to act like it ended just like any other of his relationships.

Sehun was now beyond furious. He almost literally had smoke escaping his ears like a volcano on the verge of erupting. At an incredible speed, he swiftly smashed his fist across Kai’s left cheek. The same cheek you slapped. Kai’s already stinging cheek tripled in pain as the corner of his lips splits open, but he appears to have been numbed from all feelings. To him, that one punch was nothing compared to your one slap. A smug smirk appeared on his face.

The other members were already on alert after witnessing the striking violence from the innocent maknae.

“If you like your Hyeyi noona so much, why don’t you take her then.”

Sehun was about to leap forwards to attack him but was pulled back by Baekyeol, who promptly followed the orders of the eldest hyung.

“Enough!”

Suho observes Kai’s face, to his worry, he saw nothing but a hollow gaze in his eyes, it was like he wanted to get hit. His eyes soften but he knew he must carry on acting as the dominant authority figure before it gets chaotic. 

“Kai get back in your room”

Kai didn’t need to be told twice and willingly left the scene. Suho turned to Baekyeol who were struggling to keep the fuming maknae still.

“Chanyeol, Baekhyun, take Sehun back to his room.”

Baekyeol stood straight as they listen to their hyung’s order and saluted him.

“Yes, SIR!”

Sehun was still fighting back their hold on him as he gets dragged away.

“YAH! KAI, GET OUT HERE NOW! HOW..HOW COULD YOU-!”

Baekyeol successfully gets Sehun into his room. They slam the room door shut, and stand in front of it, blocking it off from Sehun, like they were on some sort of on-guard duty.

Suho lets out a loud sigh, he turns to D.O whose eyes were as big as saucers. Suho’s face and voice softens.

“D.O get the first aid kit…I’ll entrust you to take care of Kai…I’ll go and take care of the maknae”

He gives D.O a supportive pat and goes to his and Sehun’s room. Hearing a knock on the door, Baekyeol on the other side of the door kept up with their army act and uniformly stepped out the way and opened the door, saluting Suho.

“You two should go to bed…I’ll take over now”

“YES SIR! GOODNIGHT SIR!”

The two of them single filely marched down the hallway to their own room.

Suho looks at Sehun who is lying on his own bed with his back facing him. Suho rubs his temple.

*This isn’t gonna end anytime soon*

And true to his words, it didn’t.

The next morning Sehun has already left the apartment earlier than everyone else. At school you were surprised to be attacked by his hug.

“Noona! Gwenchana? He didn’t do anything to you did he?”

Sehun twirled you around observing if Kai inflicted any physical harm. You weakly smiled at him.

“Gwenchana, really…Sehun-ah should you be here, what about your hyungs?”

“Kai hyung hurt you…I don’t like him…I don’t wanna see him.”

“Sehun-ah”

From the distance Minyoung and Suji were walking up to the two of you. Minyoung saw the Exo K maknae and was angered by the thought that you still had some form connection with them. She quickly comes up to the both of you and protectively pulls you behind her whilst Suji hugs you, they both glare at Sehun.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? Can’t you see that she doesn’t want to be anywhere near you and your little idiotic group anymore?”

She hissed at him, which made you feel bad for Sehun. Sehun looked down biting his bottom lip, he clearly understood why Minyoung would act this way.

“Min-ie ah, it’s got nothing to do with him, just leave him out of it.”

“Yah, Yoo Hyeyi…you can’t always be that nice, or they’ll always be using you to their own advantage”

“But Sehun’s not like that…he just had a fight with Kai ‘cause of all this”

Minyoung eyed Sehun with her sharp glare.

“Look…you falling out with him is your own problem, don’t come looking for sympathy from us, kid”

“Min-ie ah!”

Suji didn’t know what to do. You could feel her tighten her hug on you as she gets more worried that you and Minyoung would start arguing, this causes you to stop yourself from saying anything more in Sehun’s defence. Minyoung looks at you as you raise your voice at her, she too notices Suji tense up and slightly softens up

“Whatever, I’m not even gonna care anymore…do whatever you want”

Assuming that she approves, Sehun somehow managed to invite himself into your little trio. He joined the three of you during lunch and would occasionally greet the other four members of Exo K whilst refusing the acknowledge Kai’s existence.

Despite having hated him at first, Minyoung and Suji both grew closer to Sehun as he insisted on hanging around with yous. They slowly grew fond of him and are now often subjected to his irresistible aegyo along with you.

You really enjoyed having this dongsaeng hanging around with you but you couldn’t help but have a guilty conscience about it. As adorable as he is and as much as the three of you loved him, you knew he belonged with Exo K, he is their maknae. Despite having broken up with Kai, you didn’t actually hate him. And you didn’t want him to lose such a precious friend. It took you a total of three weeks, a lot of money spent on bubble tea and everyday outings to convince this unbelievably stubborn maknae to make up with Kai and return to hanging out with Exo K.

Thanks to this, Exo K now has a growing respect for you as they were extremely grateful for what you have done yet apologetic towards your relationship with Kai at the same time. In the end this resulted in a lot of awkward greetings down the corridors of school with them.

Even then Sehun still spent some time with the three of you. He would always be going to meet yous first in the canteen before spending the rest of his lunch with his hyungs. In fear that the two of you would grow apart, Bubble Tea Wednesdays were invented for you two to spend some bonding time together.

Not long after when Fei and Jia transferred. As they befriended the three of you, they also got to meet Sehun and immediately grew fond of him.

 

A/N: Finally done six chappies and all of them consists of things that happened in one day lmao...don't worry I planned it like this to include all the little fillers before I forget and leave things unexplained later in the story...

Story is officially starting now ^_^v

 

Was looking through the exo tag on tumblr and found this

...lmao this is so true XD

i highly recommend everyone to check out this tumblr....its so hilarious but true XD

http://kpopurbandictionary.tumblr.com/