Chapter 10

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Author’s POV

Exo K are in the mist of preparing to go to the arcade, with the expectation of going out with you. Baekyeol were acting like little children going to Pororo Park as they were unable to contain their excitement and were jumping around in joy. Though Suho and D.O didn’t actually mind having a little meet up with you, they didn’t understand why they should be so excited about going to an arcade, plus they were more worried about witnessing the long awaited meet up between you and Kai.

Although Kai really missed meeting you, he was more concerned towards your feelings. Would you not be uncomfortable around him? Are you gonna spend the whole day avoiding him? But there was also a small part of him that knew he's the coward who is scared of facing you. He's scared of not knowing how to act in front of you, he’s scared of how his heart would react. He's actually debating whether he should just back out and let everyone go without him. However he also remembers his conversation with Baekhyun a few weeks ago.

Other than Kai there is another person who is more worried than excited...Sehun. Everyone were too busy thinking about this little trip to the arcade that they didn’t even think about whether Sehun had everything sorted out…which he didn’t.

It was enough for his nasty hyung to pressure him into agreeing to this, but now all the weight was on his shoulders to get you to agree on meeting up with them. He actually thinks it's possible for you to fall out with him if he makes you meet Kai, afterall the only way he can get this meet up to happen is by hiding the fact that Kai would be there as well.

Unluckily for him, he could no longer avoid this any longer, he had to make a call now or get shouted at by his hyungs.

Taking a big deep breathe, he finally presses the dial button on his phone and after a few rings, you pick up.

You: Yeoboseyo?
Sehun: Noona!
You: Sehun-ah, what’s up?
Sehun: *breaths out* Noona shall we go to the arcade today?
You: Today?
Sehun: N-neh
You: Like, right now ?
Sehun: Neh *noona why are you dragging this on? Please just answer me!*
You: I cant...mianhe Sehun-ah, I’m meeting up with the girls right now...n-next time, ill promise to go with you next time

You were quite glad that this conversation was going on over the phone because you were well aware of the effect of his puppy eyes. However unlike what you were thinking - a sulking giant baby on the other line - Sehun was actually more than happy that you were too busy, whilst you were anxiously waiting for his reply.

You: S-Sehun-ah, gwenchana?
Sehun: Neh? Ah neh!
You: ...
Sehun: Noona, it’s fine...have fun with the other noonas!
You: Eh? A-ah, neh...I will
Sehun: bye!
You: bye~

You ended the call feeling very suspicious. *that was strange, is he sick...there’s no way Oh Sehun would give up that easily*
You quickly shrugged off the thought, considering it to be your lucky day as you grabbed your bag and head out to meet everyone at the bus stop down the street.

On the other hand, Sehun is over the moon. He is of course slightly sad that he can’t spend time with you but he was glad you saved him from this mess. He hides his happiness and feigns a sad face as he walks out to his hyungs who were gathered in the living room.
"Hyung,"
Everyone turns to look at him.
"Noona says she can’t go today. She’s going out with the girls"
 

He fakes a sob as Baekyeol's face falls. A mixture of relief and disappointment fills Kai's heart. Sehun mischievously looks at Baekhyun.


"Eyyy hyung...no worries we can still go without her…for brotherhood sake?"
Baekhyun agitatedly looks at the maknae *aish this kid…now my plans are all ruined*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and the rest of Miss A has met up at the bus stop around 10-ish in the morning and are now walking down the main road near your street.

“Oh, there it is!”

Across the street is a nice modern café sitting at the corner of a row of shops. The café has a glass exterior with windows stretching across the L shaped outline of the building. Surrounding it is a decking area which allows customers to have the choice of sitting outdoors. On both sides of the café is a lilac signboard running above the windows. And aligned to the left is the 3D metallic text, stating the café’s name. A fancy bold, italic joint handwriting font...Cafe Lavender

The café’s interior has a lilac and white colour scheme and the floorboard is a light brown which matches with the counter. Coffee making machines were lined up on top of the counter and at the front of it is a glass window displaying the cutely decorated cakes. The tables were small with wooden legs and a glass surface. Placed around the tables were comfortable white leather rounded armchairs. By the windows were some lavender plants which added a touch of green to the café. The overall interior looks modern and nature-y, creating a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere.

The moment the five of you stepped in, the aromatic scent of coffee and cakes travelled up your nostrils. Everyone stood in awe at the wonderful job done by whoever designed the café – with the exception of you who only had your eyes on the delicious looking cakes, displayed in the counter’s window.

“Yixing-ge!”

Fei ran ahead and hugged a tallish male in a waiter’s uniform and seems to have interrupted him from giving orders to four workers, three who were also dressed as waiter’s, whilst the one with chubby cheeks wore a patissier’s uniform.

 (A/N: I had quite a good laugh editing xiumin lol…just picture exo m as waiters >_<)

As Fei released her ‘cousin’ from the hug you squint your eyes to take a better look at the awfully familiar looking male.

“I brought my friends along too…girls? This is my cousin, Yixing-ge”

“Hi, just call me Lay”

He sweetly smiled at yous, revealing his adorable dimple. Minyoung and Suji were very close to squealing at the sight of good looking boys.

“And ge, these are my bestest friends, Jia, Minyoung, Suji and last of all our maknae, Hyeyi”

“annyeonghaseyo~”

We all chorused with a little bow at him. He chuckled at the sight of our synchronised greetings.

“I heard quite a lot about yous, Miss A right?”

You were all still not used to the fact that people call yous Miss A and to be called out by someone out of school just makes it seem more embarrassing but you all laugh it off anyway.

Fei turns to the other equally good looking workers who seemed to have been forgotten.

“Oh. Hi guys, do you all work here as well?”

You looked at the four workers who also looked really familiar. No matter how you looked at them, you just couldn’t figure out where you saw them before. Surely you can’t forget such attractive boys, right? But something just didn’t feel right. It felt like something or someone was missing.

“Now you notice us”

The boy with unique looking eyebags and cold appearance spoke in a cute sulky manner, which kinda shocked the girls. Fei chuckled at him.

“Aww Tao of course I would notice you ha~ha….ah. By the way, girls…these are a Yixing-ge’s friends, guy introduce yourselves.

“Oh oh, I’ll go first! Hii~ I’m the maknae, Gong fu xiong mao Tao!”

As Tao introduced himself, you tilted your head in confusion by the sudden Chinese. Lay notices this and kindly explains.

“He means Kung Fu Panda, our maknae is quite the fighter and I guess you know where the panda nickname came from.”

You mouthed an O to show you understand. Thinking about his nickname, you couldn’t help but to blurt out your thoughts.

“Kung Fu Panda?! I love that film, It’s one of my all time favourites!”

“Really?!”

The other maknae get over excited. When you saw him smile you were immediately reminded of Sehun but quickly pushed the thoughts to the back of your head.

“Have you seen the bit when Po (A/N: Insert scene lol…I cba explaining a scene haha)

You enthusiastically nod along as everyone else gawked at the two of you *wow, they got a long fast*

“Ahem~”

The dolphin lookalike interrupted the pleasant retelling of a scene from Tao.

“Introductio~ns? Peoples?”

You and Tao muttered a quiet sorry to the others.

“Continuing on…hi, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Jongdae but you can call me Chen”

Chen turns to puffy cheeks who was resting his elbows on the counter with his bloated cheeks. He looked around at us, looking a bit lost.

“Oh, is it my turn haha” sheepishly smiling, he embarrassingly scratches his head “Errm…hi, I’m Minseok but just call me Xiumin”

At the side you could see a cute baby-faced guy whisper “Bao Zi” and bloated his cheeks behind him, making you all chuckle as Xiumin turns around and sends him a glare.

“And I’m Luhan”

Luhan looks around, his eyes lands on you. He slightly narrows his eyes and tilts his head, trying to figure out whether he seen you somewhere before. You look back at him with yours widened. *So it’s not just me, I have seen them somewhere before.*

By now Suji and Minyoung’s arms were tightly linked together as they suppressed their happiness in seeing such hot boys.

“Chen and Tao are only part-timers since they still go to school.”

“Where is Kris hyung, he’s taking quite awhile” (A/N: I’ll just use hyung, oppa, etc instead of ge, or it’ll confuse me…maybe Fei can still call Lay ge though ^_^)

“What about me?”

That familiar gentle yet manly voice had goosebumps running up your arms. You turn to see the owner of the voice. Outside the staff room, stood an amazingly attractive young man with a waiter’s uniform that perfectly fitted on his model-like body. Despite wearing the same outfit he looked like he was of a higher rank – no offense to the others. He pulls his arms in towards his chest to sort out his rolled up sleeves. His insanely handsome looks and golden hair, resembled that of a male character from shoujo mangas. (A/N: Have you ever pictured Kris as Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club? Omg he’s so perfect T.T)

Your eyes were close to popping out of its socket and your mouth widely hangs open *I-it can’t be him right…MR NICE GUY?!! He’s called Kris?*

Kris looks up and stops fiddling with his sleeve when he sees your shocked face. He narrows his eyes on you.

“Clumsy?”

Everyone else simultaneously whips their heads around to look at you. You weren’t even in the right mind to care so you just ignored them, staring ahead. Luhan looks back and forth between you and Kris.

“Clum-…O!” Everything finally clicked and the lightbulb above his head lit up. “You’re….library girl!”

“Ahhh!” Xiumin, Chen and Tao chorused as the lightbulb above their heads lit up. (A/N: Ouran moment lol)

Lay was the only one looking confused out of the boys, but remains calm with a blank expression.

“What library girl?”

“…”

The lightbulb dimly lights up “ohhhh”

Fei finally speaks up for the girls who had no idea what’s going on.

“Someone….mind explaining?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“….and that’s what happened”

Everyone were now sat around two tables put together. Miss A all had a cup of coffee in hand.

“Ahhh…geuraeyo?”

“Why am I not surprised that happened?”

“I’m so embarrassed…I didn’t think I’d see yous again” You sulked; Kris looked at you and smirked.

“Just be glad you weren’t falling again….Clumsy

 “Stop calling me that, I do have a name you know…Yoo Hyeyi, I’m called Hyeyi not clumsy!.........and besides I honestly don’t think I’m that clumsy”

Kris and Miss A all raised their eyebrows at you. Kris sarcastically spoke up.

“Of course you’re not; you just have a terrible sense of balance…that’s all”

You glared at the Mr Nice Guy who has now been renamed ‘the douche-bag’ in your mind. You were about to fire back at him but retreated when you saw Fei’s stern look. Fei turns to Lay.

“Come to think of it, it makes sense that Tao and Chen were studying, Kris was tutoring them…but were you lot doing there?”

Xiumin raises his hand

“In my defense, I had a resit”

Fei nodded in understanding before she turns to Lay and Luhan for an answer.

“Yeh and we were just there for….the fun of it?”

You silently scoffed at them as a certain image of them popped you’re your head

*sure~…for the fun of it*

 

A/N: I don't know why but I really love the idea of exo owning a cafe haha...Lay seems like the perfect guy to be the cafe's owner and xiumin for the cake baker lol

For those who never watched or read Ouran High School Host Club, this is tamaki....

 

EXO M IS HERE NOW!!!


 

KRIIISS

 

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ^_^