Chapter 28

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Your POV

That night, I didn’t exactly have any trouble with getting some sleep, but I did wake up feeling extra lazy.

It was one of those days where I could just lay there in bed, staring up at the ceiling, with nothing in particular going on in my mind.

It was a time where I could lock out all those complicated thoughts and feelings. And relax in complete peace.

Lying there, just like that. And just like that, six hours passes by.

I remained in the same position but turned my head to look at the time. 5 o’clock.

With much effort, the covers were thrown off me as I flung my legs out of the cosy bed and trudged off to the bathroom.

After carrying out the usual daily routine, I went down to find something to eat. It was already too late for breakfast or brunch so I just had to settle with a cup of orange juice and a few cookies.

Somehow, I find myself back in the bedroom, sat on the edge of my bed and looking around to see what there is to do.

Sadly, the cookies were not enough to satisfy my belly and the only thing that could do the job is that special packet of fruit rocks. Come to think of it, I’m one down since I actually gave away a packet of my precious sweets…but oh well, I’m sure he needed it.

Plopping one of them into my mouth, I fell back onto the bed with my arms and hair sprawled out. Once again, I lay there staring at the ceiling. Only this time, I was unable to block the thoughts out of my head with oppa’s words still fresh in my head.

I’m scared of getting hurt? … somehow I feel like someone else has said something similar as well. Only that I brushed it off without thinking much about it. So why is it that when Kris oppa says something about it, it bothers me more? Is this what they call the oppa effect?

…oppa effect…for some reason it kinda sounds funny haha

*sigh* …… now that I think about it, was it Suji who said that as well?

 “From what I see, you~…seem to have developed a fear for relationships.”

“Fear? Ha-ha…you make it sound I have some sort of mental disorder”

“Well technically you do. And the only way to cure yourself from it, is to find the root of the problem and solve it…”

 “…you’re basically encouraging me to accept him?” 

Suji nodded like it was nothing

“Personally, I think that Kai, the cause of your insecurities should be responsible of fixing it.”

Kai…

Kris oppa is right…if I drag this on we’re just gonna get hurt again

I’m just leaving him hanging? … maybe I am being really unfair to him right now … ugh! I’m such a horrible person...how could he even still like someone like me?

I really need to sort my feelings out. No. I need to sort them out.

*sighs again* …but that’s easier said than done

Aish this is too much thinking…maybe I should go out and get some fresh air

Looking to the side, I took another glance at the time.

A few minutes to six…there’s still quite some time before dinner

I guess a little walk wouldn’t do any harm now, would it?

Pulling my favourite Totoro hoodie over my head, matched with a pair of leggings and slipping on my navy blue vans, I headed out into the streets. Not forgetting to take my fruit rocks with me.

As I walked down the road, my eyes were fixed on the ground. Little stones were being boredly kicked around.

From the distance, gentle giggles and lively voices travelled along into my ears. And I looked up to find that my legs have found their way back to this park, a place I have always avoided.

The smiles and laughter emitted from the children contrasted strongly with how I remembered this place to be. In fact, the happiness this place seemed to bring them, kind of made me envy them in that aspect.  Because for me, happy memories of this place has been wiped clean and now I can only see it as a place of heartbreak.

It’s a shame really, had that never happened here, I would probably still be coming here very frequently.

The kids were happily running around the place, playing tag, making use of the climbing frame, slides and even the roundabout.

And only now did I notice that only the swings remained untouched. It felt like forces from the swings was beckoning me towards it. Automatically, my feet made its way over.

As I carefully sat down on one of the swings, watching the kids enjoy their time, the scene before me appeared to have dissolved into an orange evening.

The kids were no longer in sight. Instead, I could only see…myself?

I was stood waiting for someone, more specifically him.

Soon enough, Kai comes along greeting me with a loving back hug. I watched as the me there closed her eyes and pulled his hands away from her.

“We need to talk”

Everything was so vivid. The scene played itself out so clearly. Too clear…for it to just be a memory of the past

This pain I felt back then came creeping back, consuming my heart. This pain, this indescribable pain that I could never forget

“Could it be that I’m really that scared?”

By the time my mind was brought back to the present, I noticed that the children had already left. Taking in a deep breath, I quickly shook off all those thoughts.

“Give your mind a break for now. You’re supposed to be out for some fresh air”

Taking the packet of fruit rocks out, I plopped another one into my mouth and lightly swung myself backwards and forwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s POV

The doors to the old studio opened and out stepped Kai who just finished his fair share of practice. His breathing was still heavy but his body relaxed as it came in contact with the outside air.

The studio itself wasn’t too far from the park and it didn’t take long for him to spot the memorable place from the distance. As he nears the park, a smile plays on his lips as the girl Yoo Hyeyi invades his mind again.

Just then, he notices a very familiar looking silhouette. A sole female figure on the swings. At first, he thought that he really was completing losing it, was his mind actually playing tricks on him now? Has he gone crazy to the point where he’d start hallucinating?

But the closer he got the more real she looked.

It’s her. It’s really her.

He sighed in relief. Thank God he hasn’t gotten to that point of craziness yet.

Still, he could not deny the immense happiness that bloomed from within just from seeing her. Slowly approaching her, he tried to be act calm.

“I never thought I’d see you here again”

Your heart jumped, hearing his husky voice.

And you silently observed his movements, staring down at the shadow on the ground.

Kai sat down on the vacant swing next to you. He managed to keep up his cool act and stared ahead.

You on the other hand didn’t even realise you were staring.

…noticing that his hair was damp. Droplets of perspiration stuck to the sides of his head as well as his neck, and collarbone. His jacket was ped and you could see how the top of his wife beater was soaked in sweat.

His dress sense, his heavy breathing and the perspiration…*he must have just finished dance practice. I guess the studio’s around here somewhere*

Right after that thought came into your mind, you quickly snapped your head back to the front, shocked by your own automatic switch to observation mode.

Kris was right and you knew it.

*Pabo! Why can’t you just keep your mind off him? I hate it when he’s right…*

Kai glanced over, noticing your silence.

“Are you mad? ‘cause of Voldemort?”

You looked at him but looked away again when your eyes met.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to get you into detention…I don’t even know what was wrong with me yesterday. I guess I was just in a really weird mood”

*You guess? You were in a really weird mood*

He tilted his head and finally looked straight at you

“Yah~~ are you really not gonna talk to me now?”

You were really temped to laugh but held it in *please don’t tell me he’s doing aegyo right now*

“Hyeyi-ahhhhh~~”

You turned away from him even more, trying to hide the smile that’s breaking out despite how hard you bit onto your bottom lip.

But, having dated you before, of course Kai knew how easy it is to make you laugh. And he knew you knew it too.

Literally, you are the easiest on the planet person to amuse. There wasn’t even any chance for you to get angry at someone for longer than 5 minutes if they knew the simple trick.

All that was needed to make you happy again was to mention the word ‘smile’, and you would never fail to naively do what the word says, no matter how hard you try to hide it or hold it in.

*Crap! This isn’t fair. Yah Yoo Hyeyi, don’t you dare laugh, hold it in. Hold. It. In*

Luckily, just before you broke out into hysterics, your phone started ringing. Perfect timing

“Yeoboseyo?”

“…”

“Eo, omma”

“…”

“Neh”

“…”

“Ok I’m on my way back now”

“…”

“Arasso, bye bye”

 …

Kai glanced up at you as you abruptly got up.

“Going already?”

You quickly and subtly nodded once him. And although, you still remained silent, there was that childish twinkle in your eyes – yes, you still desperately needed to laugh.

Spinning around to head home, you really wanted to smack your cheeks. There was a like an inner spasm going on in your facial muscle as you battled to stop your lips from forming a big creeper smile.

 “Wait! I’ll walk you!”

You furrowed your brows in a sulky manner. There was no point in stopping him and trying to do so would only break your concentration.

*Oh~ no. Now I have to hold it in longer*

The rattling of the chains on the swings signalled Kai’s movement. You could already picture him getting up and is most likely following after you right now.

You still said nothing to him, nor did you stop walking as you allowed him to catch up on his own, not that he’d have any problems in doing so. It’s not that you were purposely ignoring him…well maybe just a little…but it’s mainly because of the high concentration level needed to stop yourself from laughing.

For Kai, the walk home was done in comfortable silence. He just simply enjoyed your very presence next to him. But for you, it was whole different story. You had already shoved another fruit rock in your mouth, hoping it would help keep it shut but on the contrary, it seems like the sugar was getting to, making you feel even more giddy.

 

 

A/N: I hope i'm not the only one who frequently have one of those days where you would just wake and lay in bed for hours, that's not weird right?