Chapter 19

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Author’s POV

Three long weeks came and gone. Within these weeks, there just had to be another round of massive gossip outbreak about you and Kai.

Once again you find yourself becoming the subject of hate, a thorn in the eyes of the female population within the school. Images of the scene where Kai is seen carrying out of the girls toilets bridal style seems to have been sent around and the fact that the both you were completely soaked to the bone didn’t make it any better.

Rumours of you, the supposedly innocent girl, being a two faced cheater, circulated around the school grounds. Everything was completely out of hand during the first week. But having already experienced the whole gossip thing before, you pretty much reverted back to your old self, ignoring everything said about you.

Although he wasn’t affected as much, Kai has offered to speak up for you but you knew that doing so would only make matters worse. The more defensive you appear to be, the more these brainless idiots will acknowledge the rumours and the more ridiculous everything will get.

Of course, with all the gossip surrounding you, a lot of explaining was required to face your questioning friends. This also meant that you were given the opportunity to finally open up about your past relationship with Kai for Fei and Jia who knew nothing about it…leaving the little details of the cause of breakup.

Honestly they were both rather shocked about this sudden revelation which is completely understandable. Fei, in particular was speechless and slightly annoyed that you kept it from her for so long.

Jia, on the other hand, gave you quite the surprise when she spoke up about when the two of you were together alone. She spoke about how she originally thought you had a crush on Kai, considering how you would look over at him every so often.  Having already been told the story of how Kai still likes you and us apparently waiting for another chance, Jia gave you her rare advises.

“You obviously still have feeling for him, so why not just give the relationship another go? You even said yourself that he changed from being the playboy he once was…the fact that a guy like him is able to patiently wait for you, just shows how much he truly cares for you…unlike other guys out there. I don’t know what exactly happened between the two of you, but he can’t possibly wait for you forever. If you leave him hanging for too long, someone else might just come along and snatch him away” her voice softens as she speaks “…at a blink of the eye…and all that would be left are your own regrets”

It was quite strange to receive such advice from the cool Jia, but there was something about it that seemed to portray her own personal experience. Her voice sounded so lonely and sad as she spoke. Maybe it’s because of this, or that it’s because its Jia, that those words stuck to your head. 

Minyoung was actually really understanding towards the whole Kai subject. It feels like she finally loosened up her guard on potential danger around you. Although she would spit out some playful threats about him every so often.

Things were still the same with Kai. He’ll still walk you to school and try to talk to more often. You were now comfortable enough to have normal conversations with him. Everytime he speaks to you in such a kind friendly manner, you are always reminded of Jia’s words and so you still kept up with your cold act towards him. Doing this would at least protect him from feeling mislead by you, you thought.

Despite the interactions between you both, the other students weren’t stupid enough to not see the difference between your conversations as friends…?...acquaintances…?...whatever the relationship between yous are right now….and your conversations as a couple, which they have clearly witnessed before.

And so the rumours of you two getting back together naturally died out. This somehow led to the return of your popularity with all the students acting like that whole mass gossip phase has never happened. However, speculations of you having a boyfriend still remained…well it’s not like you could clear up the misunderstanding of the relationship between you and Kris, is it?

Speaking of him, this guy seems to be showing up lesser and lesser. Too much work at the head office, you presumed. You would however, occasionally see him at Café Lavender, but everytime he’s there, he would take up a whole table to himself and just simply sleeps…and sleeps. Why~ he can’t just sleep at home, you have no idea. One thing’s for sure is that, that sleeping position looks terribly uncomfortable, especially for a tall man like himself. And you always wonder just exactly how in the flaming hell could someone sleep like that so often? He’s lucky he hasn’t developed a hunch back from all that sleeping.

Even the guys at the café were starting to worry about him. When you asked Lay if he would be ok, Tao butted in saying how his ‘duizhang’ has been through phases like this before. Apparently, this is nothing new. He went on to explain how this happens quite a few times a year. Which left you questioning just how hard could it be to work at the head office of a shopping mall?

But whenever everyone starts worrying about him, he would suddenly bring laughter to us all as he mumbles words of four different languages through his sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giggles and laughter can constantly be heard from your table as you and the other girls sit enjoying your afternoon at Café Lavender. As usual business is blooming in here, especially since it was the weekend.

As the five of you erupted with another round of laughter, you could see that same figure that occupied the spot just outside the staff room, slightly stir in his sleep. Noticing this caused your laugh to suddenly come to a pause as you watch the exhausted male, expecting him to wake up. With the loudest laugher amongst the five of you, shutting up, the other girls also stopped laughing.

Kris’ eyebrows creases and his head turn to face your table. His sudden movement had you all cautiously watching him, like you were afraid of waking up a sleeping lion. Slowly, his eyebrows loosen up and he appears to have relaxed.

Not sure if it’s safe to talk again, you all remain quiet. At that moment you could see Kris’ mouth open and close like that of a fish. It looks like he’s trying to say something, and as soon as you all thought that, the words subtly came out of his mouth, like mumbles, gradually becoming more understandable.

“…get…get your….”

You leaned over to Jia who was sat beside you, whispering to her in case you would wake Kris up.

“Is he speaking English?”

Jia watched on with a slight judging look and slightly shrugged at your question, which was immediately answered for you by the person himself.

“…crayon…”

*Ha?* you actually caught on with what he said that time, will that’s what you thought anyway. *crayon?* but no matter how you thought about it, it made no sense. And you were left feeling more confused.

As if he was answering your confusion, Kris turned his head back over to his original position, finally making his sleep talking clear enough for you to understand as he moved.

“Why so serious?”

All five of you shared eye contact with one another, like there was a telepathic conversation going on *could he possibly be-*

“PUHAHAHAHA!!”

A huge uproar of laughter erupted from the four of you. The loudness of the laughing caused Kris to fidget through his sleep but of course it wasn’t enough to wake this guy up.

 

A/N: A bit of a g-dragon song for you there haha...imagine Kris singing that in his sleep lmao~~~get your crayon, get your cray~ get your crayon~~~keke ^_^