Chapter Eight

Here I Am

-The Next Day-

“-----ah, let’s go together today. Let’s go.” Your Karam oppa said.

“Go to school together, uhhh, why all of a sudden?” You asked.

“I know that we don’t usually go together, but from now on, I’d like to go together with you.” He replied. You swallowed hard. “I-I…I can go by myself and I can take care of myself, and don’t you have those council meetings every morning. You should go earlier than me.” You said.

“Ah, we don’t have a meeting today, let’s go.” He pulled you out with him, then he locked the door. A black car was waiting for you outside the gate. You were sitting at the back of the car with your brother.

“Oppa, the gate. I’ll close it, so you go first okay?” You tried to get out of the car, then you saw the maids closing the gate. “Oh, maybe not. I didn’t know that the maids were here already. I thought they were on vacation.” You made up an excuse.

Karam then looked at you with the ‘what’s wrong with you-look’.

“You really don’t want to go with me? My dongsaeng hates me?” Karam said with a pout.

“That’s not it, it’s just that… nevermind.” Then you looked outside the window.

“Ahjusshi, we can go now.” Karam instructed.

*What should I do? They don’t know that Karam sunbae is my brother. What will I do? They will start making stories again. Aish! Why do we have to go together today?!* You sighed in frustration.

Your brother turned to you, “Are you okay? What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Oh, nothing. AH! Ahjusshi you can make a stop here.” You said.

“Why are we stopping here?” asked your brother.

“This is the left gate, right? You can enter here oppa. It’s closer to your building. If you enter the front gate, you will still have to walk; you’ll lose your energy, so just get off here.” You explained.

“I don’t really mind walking. And it’s better to enter the front gate.” Karam protested.

“No, it’s not good at all. Every morning its crowded there, a lot of girls here and there. If you show up there, what do you think will happen? A stampede. So please oppa, just get off here. And one more thing, don’t you hate it when all the attention is on you?” You tried begging him to get off.

“Okay, fine! I’ll get off here. Call me if you have time okay? Bye -----ah. See you around!” With that, your brother stepped out, slung his backpack on his shoulder. Giving you a gentle smile, he walked off.

You let out a sigh of relief. “Ahjusshi, the front gate is there.” After a while you got off too. “Thank you ahjusshi!” You waved then the car drove away. You let out another sigh of relief.

You entered the campus, then the three girls who bullied you yesterday blocked your way.

“Yah! Good thing Yoochun-oppa was there yesterday.” One girl said. They threw dagger looks to you. “Hmph!” With that they walked away.

You turned around, and saw Jaejoong, Yoochun, Changmin, and YooRin walking. The girls surrounding them. Changmin noticed you at once.

“Hey, its -----ah.” He said waving at you. They all looked at your direction.

You sighed again. “It’s better to ignore them first, or else I will be in trouble again. And, YooRin-ssi is with them too.” You decided to walk into the building.

“Huh? Why is she ignoring us? Is she mad?” Changmin said. Yoochun frowned and thought for a while. The words “But I think they’re right. I should not hangout with you guys.” suddenly echoed in his head. “Why? Is something wrong with -----ah?” YooRin asked too. “I don’t know either. Hyung, did something happen?” Changmin turned to Yoochun. “Let’s just ask her. Let’s go, it’s too crowded and noisy here.” Jaejoong said making his way into the building. The rest followed.

You sighed again. “Is this indigestion? I’m feeling this sting again. Maybe I ate too much beef last night.” You mumbled to yourself. When you closed your locker…

“UMMA-YA!” You almost shouted in shock. You saw a girl leaning at the side. Then you recognized your silent classmate, who’s the only one in the classroom who doesn’t talk bad about you, the girl who hates noise, and rumors a lot, the girl who sits beside you at the back of the room is actually there standing, looking at you with her gentle eyes.

“YoonJi-ah? What are you doing there? You startled me.” You said. *Why is she looking at me like that?*

“Are you suffering from indigestion -----ah? Sorry, I didn’t mean to, I was just passing by and I heard you talking to yourself and…I just…” YoonJi looked down. “It’s okay. Thanks YoonJi-ah, I’m fine.” You answered with a smile. She looked up and smiled back.

You walked with YoonJi to your room, she said, “-----ah, I am willing to be your friend. I hope you don’t mind.” You hugged her and said, “I don’t mind at all! Thanks YoonJi-ah.”

“-----ah, I think someone’s calling you. I can feel your phone vibrating.” Your new friend said.

“Oh, you’re right.” You saw the caller ID *Karam oppa?! Why is he calling at this time?!!*

“YoonJi-ah, you can go in first I have to take this.” …

“Hello?” You said to the receiver.

“-----ah, let’s have lunch together later, okay?”

“Why?!” You almost shouted.

“Why? I just want to have lunch with my dongsaeng, I can’t do that? I’ll be there.”

“Why all of a sudden? Don’t you have your own cafeteria in your building? Just eat there.” You said.

“I want to eat with you. Anyways, I need to go. I’ll meet you there. Bye!” =BEEP=

Your brother ended the call. “I’ll meet you there? What is he thinking?!! AISH!” You mumbled. “Who was that? You seem…problematic?” You turned around to see your friend. “YoonJi-ah! Why are you still there?” You asked. “I was waiting for you. Why do you feel all jumpy all of a sudden?” She asked. “Nothing. Let’s go.”

After 3 long hours of boring lecture…

*What should I do? I can’t meet with oppa. Should I hide? Where? UGH! What the hell should I do?!!* You were panicking thinking of how to avoid your brother when your friend poked you.

“-----ah…” She whispered. You almost fell off your chair. “YoonJi-ah! What? Why?”

“Are you not going to eat?” YoonJi asked. “I…I…I will, but I need to do something first. See you later, okay?” Without another word, you left.

You sighed and shut the door behind you. You were on the rooftop.

“I think I can hide here. Sorry oppa, I can’t have lunch with you.” You felt bad for Karam, but you also felt relieved.

“What are you doing here? Are you not gonna eat lunch?” You heard a guy’s voice. You turned around and saw Kim Jaejoong sitting just a few meters away from you.

*GASP* “Jaejoong-ah. I didn’t notice you there.” You said. *Shoot! Why is he here?!*

-In The Cafeteria-

Whispers were heard everywhere. And some were shouting, others giggling.

“Isn’t that Karam sunbae?”

“Yeah, why is he here?”

“Is he here to meet his girl?”

“No way! Karam oppa’s single!”

Karam together with his friends walked to the back.

“Yah, how are we gonna find your sister in here?” Your brother’s friend Mika asked.

“I know my sister, I can recognize her at once, but I can’t find her.” Karam said

“She must be here somewhere.” His other friend Jay said, glancing at every direction.

“Yeah, I haven’t seen your sister in a while.” Mika added.

“Karam, why don’t you call her? Maybe she can’t see you too. And what the hell is wrong with these girls, they’re so…noisy and wild. Do we really have to eat here Karam?” Jay asked looking annoyed.

Karam dialed your number, but after a while no body answered. “She’s not answering, maybe she’s still doing something.” Karam told his friends. “Let’s just go, I’m starving. We can eat with her next time.” Mika said. As the three of them made their way out, *My sister’s acting kinda weird.* Karam thought.

-Back to you and Jae-

“Why are you hiding? You don’t want to eat with your brother?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yeah, …woah! Wait. How did you know that?! You knew I have a brother?!”

“No, I just heard you mumbling to yourself.” Jaejoong noticed that you were kinda shocked.

“Ah, I thought you knew.” You sighed in relief again.

“So you do have a brother. I didn’t know that. Why are you hiding from him?”

“Fine, I do have a brother and only very few people knows who. I’m hiding because I don’t want them to know.” You explained.

“I’m guessing that your brother doesn’t know anything about your situation, you’re keeping it from him. He’s a senior, right?” Jaejoong smiled, then he walked towards you.

Your jaw dropped as he guessed right. “By that reaction, I guessed right, didn’t I?” He said.

“How did…you…know?”

“I…guessed.” Jae said.

There was silence for a while…then…

“Yoochun told me that you…love strawberries.” Jaejoong blurted. *Why did I say that?!*

“Ah, yes I do. Did Yoochun say something else…?”

“Uh…he…” Jaejoong’s line was interrupted when…

“Jaejoong-ah! Are you here?” A girl’s voice was heard.

“YooRin-ah? How did you know I was here?” Jaejoong asked, startled.

“Yoochun and Changmin told me this is where you usually go.” She said as she approached you and Jae.

“Hello YooRin-ssi.” You greeted.

“Oh, -----ah is here too. So, you were together? -----ah knows about this place too?” YooRin said.

You nodded. Then you feel weird again.

“Don’t be so formal with me -----ah, we’re friends now too. Jaejoong-ah, aren’t you gonna eat? Yoochun and Changmin are waiting. Let’s go.” She said.

“YooRin-ah, I…I really don’t…” Jaejoong tried to say, but…

“-----ah, come eat with us too, okay?” YooRin offered.

“Uh, I… aaaaaahhh…”

“She can’t, -----ah has to run an errand, so she can’t join us.” Jaejoong stepped in for you.

“Oh, okay. If you’re done, you can go find us, -----ah.”

“Let’s talk again later, -----ah.” Jaejoong said.

After that they left. You sighed in relief, but you still felt uneasy. You felt the sting in your chest again.

“They seems to be really close…..ugh! Seriously! What the hell is wrong with me?!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope you like this chapter. ^^

i will be updating soon.

i'm feeling so happy right now. ^_____________^