Chapter Fifteen

Here I Am

 

Everyone’s preparing for the championships, and you’re lucky to play only in one event.

“-----ah, you’re playing badminton championship.” Your brother said.

You nodded. “It’s the only sport I’m good at anyway. I’ll make sure we win.” You said.

“Of course we will win! You’re really good at this!” Jay exclaimed.

“Really? Badminton is hyung’s favorite sport too. And he’s playing too.” Changmin said.

“Really? Yoochun plays badminton too?” You asked.

“Not me, Jaejoong.” Yoochun said.

“Yeah, Jaejoong hyung is really good at badminton.” Changmin added.

“Now, speaking of Jaejoong, I can’t find him anywhere.” Yoochun blurted.

“He’s over there.” You said looking at the direction where Jaejoong and YooRin are talking.

Changmin called out for their names, and they started walking towards you.

You tried to open a water bottle, but you can’t you tried to twist the cap hard but it just didn’t work.

“Let me.” Yoochun said.

Yoochun opened it in one try and you were amazed.

“Thanks!” You smiled at him.

Yoochun felt his heart skipped a beat. Then he heard someone calling for his name.

“Yoochun-ah!”

“Oh, YooRin-ah, how’s it going?”

“Great!” YooRin answered.

“I know you’re just pretending. Are you okay?”

“I am! No worries!”

“Aren’t you guys supposed to play basketball at this time.” YoonJi blurted.

“Nah! Let the seniors handle that.” Changmin replied.

“O-kay.” She replied. Then she heard you laughing. You were laughing with Yoochun. Shi giggled.

“Why? What?” Changmin asked.

“I think they have their own little world over there.” She said.

They turned to you and Yoochun who were sitting on the grass laughing.

“Don’t mind them. They seem to be having a great time together.” YooRin said.

“Hyung’s really great! I have a feeling he will confess soon and -----ah will be his in no time!” Changmin blurted.

“They…look good together.” Jaejoong said in a low voice.

YooRin looked at Jaejoong… *There’s something… different…*

“Yoochun likes -----ah?” YoonJi asked.

“Yeah, isn’t that obvious already?” Changmin replied.

Jaejoong walked away, YooRin just stared at him.

“Where is hyung going?” Changmin asked.

YooRin shrugged, then she looked at you. *Jaejoong…no… that’s… impossible.* She thought.

…That afternoon, you finished your game and won… and people are getting busier preparing for the Victory-End party that will be held that night.

“I really want to go home and sleep.” YoonJi said.

“You can’t! Why are you always like this YoonJi-ah? You’re so boring!” Jay teased.

“We are still having an after party at HyunChul’s house!” Mika exclaimed.

“Do you really need to do that?” You asked, obviously complaining.

“Yes, we’re sleeping over again. That would be fun, right?” Jay asked acting so bouncy.

Karam just rolled his eyes and said, “But, guys…”

“Please hyung… please…pretty please?” Jay cut him off.

Your brother looked at you with the ‘what-should-I-do’ look.

“Just, don’t be noisy.” You said.

They cheered like there’s no tomorrow.

“Can we come too, -----ah? We won’t sleep over, we’ll just have fun.” Changmin blurted.

“Okay.” You said smiling at them.

…The party was starting, loud music was heard and people having fun on the grounds…

You were having your own party at the school field with your brother and his friends, and later on you were joined by YooRin and the guys.

“Yah! It’s not fun here, let’s join the others over there.” Jay whined.

“Go on, Jay. I really don’t like noisy and crowded places.” Karam replied.

“Hyung! You’re so boring!” Jay pouted.

“Mika hyung? Please!”

“No. It’s much better here, it’s cool.” Mika said.

“Tch! YoonJi-ah?”

“I don’t like crowded and noisy places either.” She replied, though feeling sorry.

“What the! You guys are so boring!” Jay said as he sat down on the grass.

“If it’s boring here, then why are you here?” Karam asked.

“Because you guys are here, it’s no fun without you guys.” He replied.

“But you just said we’re boring, so that means you’re boring too?” Mika teased.

You and YoonJi laughed.

“What are you guys doing here?” A voice asked.

You and the others turned around and saw Changmin and his friends.

“Hey! Changmin buddy! Thank God you’re here! These guys are so boring.” Jay exclaimed.

“Why are you having your own party here anyways?” Yoochun asked.

“We hate noisy and crowded places!” You, YoonJi, Karam, and Mika answered in chorus.

“So, we have the same reason after all.” Yoochun replied as he sat beside you.

You looked at Jaejoong and unexpectedly you locked eyes with him.

You immediately looked away and Jaejoong did the same.

YooRin sat on the grass too, she said, “Jae, come sit here too. It feels great!” Jaejoong did so.

Jay and Changmin were shoving food into their mouths, while the others were talking.

You, Yoochun, Jaejoong, and YooRin were in an awkward situation, no one was talking.

But soon…

“So, what happened to you guys? You’re not talking. And more like, avoiding each other.” Yoochun said breaking the silence, and he’s obviously pertaining to Jaejoong and YooRin.

“Nothing..”

“Jae! Do you think I don’t know anything? I know something happened. You can’t hide anything from me. Even Changmin knows what happened. Right?”

“YUP!” Changmin answered in a distance.

“So tell me what exactly happened between you two?” He asked again, this time more than curious.

You just hugged your knees and looked at your feet. *I want to know too, but why do I feel like I don’t want to know anything about them… and I feel weird again.*

“I just don’t know what to do right now.” Jae suddenly said.

“What do you mean Jae?” Yoochun asked.

“I still don’t know what that is… I wanna know what is it really first.”

“I’m sorry Jae, for making you confused. I probably shouldn’t have told you.” YooRin said.

“No, it’s not your fault, and it’s good that you told me…”

Jae looked at you, and you wanted to look at him too, but you avoided eye contacts with him.

But then, you looked at him for a second, then you looked away.

Jae tilted his head and frowned. *Why is she avoiding me?*…

*Why is he…looking at -----ah like that?* YooRin thought.

You realized Jaejoong is still staring at you, you wanted to go away. You felt your heart beating so fast, you wanted to run away. Yet, you don’t understand why…

You suddenly stood up and walked away.

Yoochun followed you.

Jaejoong and YooRin stayed there dumbfounded.

“Where are they going?” YooRin asked.

“I…don’t know…”

You walked and walked until you found this big tree you leaned your back on it. You gasped for air, and you’re still feeling your heart racing. *What the hell is this?! Why am I like this again?! I really don’t understand why this is happening…*

“------ah!” Someone called.

You turned around and gasped.

“What? Am I a ghost or something?” He asked.

“Why did you follow me here?”

“I was worried, you were really walking so fast.” He bent down looking at your shoes.

He tied the laces of your converse properly. “Luckily, you didn’t trip.” He said smiling at you.

He stood up again. You were shocked by his actions, but you managed to say,

“Thank you Yoochun oppa.”

He looked at you as if something was wrong.

“What?” You asked.

“It’s the first time, you called me… oppa.” He said as if it was the most shocking truth of all.

Your eyes widen and you noticed him looking at you with the same big eyes, you blinked and said,

“I’m sorry, I…I won’t call you that again.”

“No, well since I’m older and that’s a fact, you need to call me oppa more often.”

“I’m not used to it, I won’t use that to address you again.”

Yoochun chuckled and said, “Okay, if you like it that way.”

You looked at him and saw him smiling at you again.

You felt your heart racing again, and this time, faster than ever before… *What is this feeling?...*

You backed away a few steps “Woah!” You exclaimed. You realized you were falling, but Yoochun immediately caught you, you felt his arms around your waist.

Your faces were inches apart, you stood up quickly and accidentally hit his head.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaahh!” Yoochun shouted, then he turned his back.

“Omo! I’m so sorry. I…I …I’m so sorry…Yoochun-ah. Does it hurt a lot?”

“What were you thinking?” Yoochun suddenly turned around, without knowing you were so close…

Again your eyes met… your nose almost touching…

Both of you took a step back.

“I’m going back.” You said as you started to go but Yoochun grabbed your wrist,

“If you’re going back there, it’s this way.” He said.

“Right.” You walked first and Yoochun followed.

*What’s wrong with me?* You mentally cursed yourself.

Yoochun chuckled at your cuteness.

….

A guy figure leaning his back on the tree, hiding in the shadows… only the twinkle of sadness in his eyes can be seen… “Kim Jaejoong… You’re crazy!” he whispered…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI THERE! 

yes, as promised... so i updated twice today...

..i hope you like this chapter... ^___________^

i will work harder to write the next chapter.

tell me how you think of this chapter, okay?

...don't hesitate to comment...

because your comments give me encouragement and determination...

I LOVE YOU MY DEAR READERS, I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME! 

COMMENTS ARE LOVE! ^_________^