Chapter Fourteen

Here I Am

...“Bye -----ah, and thanks for the ice cream.”

“Thank you Jaejoong-ah. See you tomorrow.”

With a last smile, Jaejoong drove his car and left.

You felt your heart skip a beat, *He smiled at me.* ...

 

 

“Who was that?” A voice asked.

You turned around and saw your brother standing at the front door.

“That was Jaejoong, we accidentally met…so….”

“You’re blushing!” Karam cut in.

“Am not!” You shot back.

“Do you have a thing for that guy?”

“No, we’re friends, besides he has a girlfriend.” You answered and went in quickly.

*That’s right, he could not have possibly reject YooRin-ah this time…* You thought.

“-----ah! I’m so sorry, I should have come with you.” YoonJi said.

“It’s okay. I’ll help you prepare the food.”

-After a while.

“WOW! Did you magic this or something? It’s so delicious!” Jay exclaimed.

“Glad to hear that. Please have some more.” YoonJi said.

“This is really good.” Mika complemented.

But, you were not talking nor eating, you’re just staring at your bowl of rice.

Karam noticed you and he nudged you with his elbow, you almost fell off the chair.

“What? Are you okay?” He asked.

“Uhm, yes. Why oppa?”

“You’re not eating. Is something wrong?”

You smiled and shook your head no, then you started digging in.

As you closed the door behind you, you can still hear laughter from downstairs… then you saw YoonJi staring out your window.

“-----ah, your house is really big and your room is pretty.” She said.

You just smiled at her.

“I’m sorry for suddenly coming here -----ah, I was literally dragged by Mika sunbae here.”

“It’s okay YoonJi-ah. I want to have some company anyway.”

YoonJi noticed something different in you. “What’s wrong -----ah? You can tell me anything.”

“It’s nothing, really. Maybe I’m just tired from all those sports and stuffs.”

You and YoonJi sat on the carpet at the center of the room.

“We’ll be experiencing another tiring day tomorrow. It’s the championships.”

“Yeah.” You replied with a sigh.

“Not to mention the Victory-End Party at night.” She added.

“Is it true, that everybody must attend?” You asked.

“Yeah, I wish we could just go home and rest, though.”

You laughed. “Finally! You laughed!” YoonJi exclaimed.

“Why?” You asked.                                                                                                                                       

“I thought something was wrong, but when I heard you laugh, I realized everything’s just fine.”

“Should we laugh all night long, until we pass out?”

“Your life is really good -----ah.” YoonJi said changing the topic.

“No, not really. I and my brother are living alone.”

“At least you have a brother…”

You noticed the sad tone in YoonJi’s voice, “What’s wrong?”

“I live alone -----ah. My parents are away, to do business in other countries. Yes, we have wealth and all, but without them here with me, I just feel empty. Those riches are nothing.”

You understood how exactly YoonJi is feeling, because that’s how you’re feeling too.

“Same here, YoonJi-ah.” You hugged her.

“And you have a really nice brother.” She added.

“You really like my brother do you YoonJi-ah?” You said giving her a smile.

She instantly blushed and looked away.

“I don’t plan on telling him, ------ah.” She said.

You looked at her and asked, “Why?”

“It will trouble him, now that he thinks of me as his sister; it will confuse him if I tell him my feelings.”

*I totally understand YoonJi.* “You’re really nice YoonJi-ah. But, you really don’t want to tell him?”

She shook her head and said, “I will hide my feelings until it disappears and I will be happy for him.” 

*That’s exactly what I’m doing too…* YoonJi noticed the sudden change in your expression.

“Is something wrong?” She asked.

“No.” You answered, and then you forced a smile. “Let’s go to sleep.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You couldn’t sleep again, and this time you know the reason why…

You saw YoonJi sleeping peacefully beside you… you sighed.

A lot of things were bothering you…

*I can’t let this continue anymore. I want YooRin to be with Jaejoong but why do I feel sad? When I was with Yoochun, I felt happy, comfortable, safe… I forgot about my problems and the things that are bothering me. Why is that? But when I’m with Jaejoong, I feel awkward and my heart is always racing… but I feel happy at the same time. Why is that again?*

You remembered Jaejoong’s words. “Its fine, I know you have some problems. You just need to let them out.” *The very first comforting words I heard from him. The very first time he smiled at me. The very first time my heart skipped a beat. The very first time I felt something that I never felt before.*

You sighed again…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Moments Earlier-

Yoochun called YooRin to know what happened that afternoon.

“Hello?” YooRin answered.

“YooRin-ah, what happened?”

“Nothing.” She replied sadly.

“What nothing? Make it clear.”

“I confessed, he said nothing.”

“He didn’t say anything?”

“He just asked again if I really do still like him and I said yes.”

“I see. Don’t be sad YooRin-ah. I’m sure Jae would someday realize how you really feel.”

“What, after another two years?”

“Don’t think too much about it. Sorry for calling at this time. Go to sleep now, see you tomorrow.”

“Thanks Chunnie.” They hung up.

*I’m sorry Jaejoong-ah, I just like you very much. My heart exploded and I can’t hide it any longer.* YooRin thought. *Now that I told you, my heart feels lighter.*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I don’t want to hurt YooRin anymore, but I just don’t feel the same way. I like her, but not the same way as she does to me. I can’t lie to her, and especially I can’t lie to myself. Before, I never experienced things like this, but now, I actually like someone… for the first time in my life, I finally like someone. I finally realized my feelings for -----ah. But after some time why do I think that it’s wrong? Because, Yoochun likes her… and Yoochun is my friend… and now I’m more confused than ever, YooRin told me that she likes me, she still likes me…. I don’t…know what to do…now…*

Thinking about these stuffs, just made Jaejoong tired, soon he drifted into deep slumber.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY THERE GUYS! ^______________^

...i really hope that this chapter is not that boring to you guys...

and because i am suffering from what they call, "WRITER'S BLOCK" T___________T

i'm having a hard time right now...but i will try my best for you guys!

and because i couldn't update yesterday, i will post two chapters today. ^^ 

i will post the next chapter now, since i'm done writing it. ^^

well, THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH FOR READING MY STORY!

and... YOUR COMMENTS GIVE ME DETERMINATION, so...

DON'T HESITATE TO DROP A COMMENT,

COMMENTS AND READERS ARE LOVED! ^___________^