Chapter Eleven

Here I Am

.....

 

“What is it? Tell me, I won’t laugh at you.”

“I know this is unbelievable…but I’ll tell you anyways since you’re my friend -----ah. I…I…*she leaned closer and whispered* I like HyunChul sunbae.”

You were shocked your friend just confessed that she likes…your brother. In addition to that he used your brother’s real name ‘HyunChul’.

You stared at your friend and smiled. “I am so happy for you YoonJi-ah.” .....

 

YoonJi looked at you and said, “Really?! I thought you would laugh at me and say, unbelievable!”

“Why? Actually at first I didn’t know that you would like someone, but now… you seriously like HyunChul oppa! That’s great!” You said happily.

“-----ah, are you close with HyunChul sunbae?” She asked.

“Uhm… that…” You were cut off as the official announced that the opening ceremony will start soon.

“Let’s go find our team, opening ceremony will start soon.” You said, and dragged YoonJi into the crowd.

A hand tapped your shoulder, and when you turned around you saw Suhoon one of your brother’s friend. “Follow me, it’s over here.” He said. You and YoonJi followed him.

You saw your brother standing there together with Jay, his friend. Then you spotted Yoochun and Changmin too. *We’re on the same team.* Then you noticed YoonJi standing awkwardly beside you.

“Its fine, they’re nice.” You whispered.

“Really? How are you so sure?” She asked.

“-----ah! Yah, it’s been a while. How are you?” When you saw Jay approaching, you felt scared. *I think it’s fine now. They will know it anyway.* You smiled at him, Jay is standing in front of you. “Good.” You replied. “Hyunchul-ah, I think our junior members are here.” Jay walked away again.

“-----ah, do you know him. You seem close. Isn’t he one of HyunChul sunbae’s friends?” YoonJi asked.

“Uh, yeah…I think.” You replied.

“-----ah!” Somebody called.

You saw Changmin and Yoochun approaching. You smiled at them. YoonJi just looked at them.

“Hi -----ah.” Yoochun greeted. You smiled in response.

“Too bad, Jaejoong hyung and YooRin aren’t in our team. It would be fun to play with them.” Changmin said. *Now that he mentioned it, I didn’t see them since I came. Maybe they’re on the other side. Well, that’s a relief.* You thought.

“-----ah, aren’t they Park Yoochun and Shim Changmin? Are you friends with them?” She asked.

Yoochun and Changmin looked at you, anticipating for your answer.

“Yeah. They’re my friends, sorry if I did not tell you YoonJi-ah.” You answered.

Yoochun smiled at you and you smiled back.

“Really?! Wow! That’s great! You’re so lucky.” She said.

“Lucky? Really? Well, it’s not much luck; it’s more of a trouble.” You joked.

“It’s really great that you still consider us as your friend -----ah.” Changmin said.

“Thank you.” Yoochun said. You just smiled at them.

“You can be our friend too, YoonJi-ah.” Changmin said smiling at YoonJi. “Really? But… will that be okay?” She asked. “Of course! Why not. You’re our friend now.” Yoochun said. “You’re our friend now, remember that, okay?” Changmin said. YoonJi nodded and smiled.

“That’s great. I think we make a really good team.” Suhoon said.

“Are they your friends, -----ah?” This time your brother is standing there, asking you a question.

Without hesitation, you replied, “Yeah. We know each other.”

“That’s great! Let me introduce myself, I’m Jeon Jihwan just Jay would do. Nice to meet you my juniors.” Jay said smiling at them like a child. “I’m Suhoon and I’m the oldest. You can ask me anything. I will help you anytime you need it. Nice to meet you guys.” He said. “I’m HyunChul, but only a few people know that, they call me Karam. It’s nice to be in this team. Let’s work hard okay?”

“We know you guys, you’re really popular here. I’m Shim Changmin by the way.” He said flashing his cute smile. “You guys are popular in our department too. Too bad, Kim Jaejoong is not here.” Jay said. “You know Jae hyung?” Changmin asked. “Yeah. Of course, who wouldn’t?” Mika said.

“You must be Park Yoochun.” HyunChul said, turning to Yoochun. “Yes, nice to meet you too.” He said and they shook hands.

“-----ah, it’s really been a while since I talked to you.” Suhoon said.

“Yeah. Sorry for ignoring you.” You replied.

“-----ah, who’s she?” Jay asked pointing at the girl at the back.

“Oh, that’s YoonJi she’s my friend too.” You dragged YoonJi to the front and whispered, “It’s alright.”

“Hi, I…I…I’m YoonJi.” She said shyly.

“Hi. You’re so cute!” Karam said as he patted her head.

Then you noticed YoonJi blushed really hard, you giggled a little.

“Just stay here, we’ll just check our schedule okay?” Karam, Mika, and Jay left.

“He…he… he said I’m cute. Did I hear correctly?” YoonJi whispered to you. “Yes you did!” You laughed at how cute YoonJi is while blushing.

“-----ah, what relationship do you have with them? You seem really close to them.” Yoochun said.

“Uhm, yeah we’re really close. We’re friends, uhm actually…” You were cut off again when Changmin shouted, “Look! Jae hyung and YooRin are over there.” Changmin waved.

You sighed. You were ready to tell them, but you lost your chance again.

“Changmin-ah, did YooRin called you last night? I wonder what happened.” Yoochun blurted.

“Oh, she didn’t. I tried to call her though, but she didn’t answer. What do you think happened?”

“Let’s go talk to them.” Yoochun and Changmin went to Jaejoong’s location.

*Something must have happened.* You thought.

“-----ah, I want to help with the preparations.” YoonJi said. “Yeah let’s do that.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung! Can you just change team, go to our team!” Changmin said. “I’m afraid we can’t do that Changmin, I want to be with your team too.” Jaejoong replied. “Yeah. That’s too bad we need to compete with each other.” Yoochun said. “I don’t think it’s really competing, for me it’s fun play.” YooRin said. “Agree with her.” Jaejoong said.

“We won’t go easy on you.” Yoochun said. “We won’t either.” Jae replied.

“Oh, by the way -----ah is on our team too.” Yoochun blurted. Hearing her name Jaejoong felt weird.

“Really? That’s good.” Jae said in a low voice.

YooRin noticed Jae’s facial expression suddenly changed, it was the same expression she saw last night.

*Is something about -----ah bothering him?* She thought

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Opening Ceremony ended, the games started and the first event was dodge ball.

You were exhausted, it was just morning yet you already feel tired. You sat at the bench near the field. Then you saw Yoochun approaching you.

“Here drink this.” Yoochun handed you bottled water and he sat down beside you.

“Thanks”

“That game was fun, but I’m so tired.”

“Yeah, it’s just the first game but I feel like I’m gonna pass out already.” You replied.

Jaejoong was passing by and he saw you and Yoochun.

“Jae! Where are you going?” Yoochun asked.

“Somewhere.” He replied coolly.

Your eyes met with Jae’s, and then you simply looked away.

*Weird… Jae’s eyes are different there’s something in them…sadness?* You thought.

*She’s avoiding me…why is that?* Jae thought too.

“Jaejoong-ah! We’re being called, our game is next.” YooRin called.

“Goodluck!” Yoochun said.

Jaejoong took one more glance at you then he left with YooRin.

“Hey, do you think something’s wrong with him?” Yoochun asked.

“I…don’t know.” You replied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-AT LUNCH-

Because of the fest, lunch was served outside and there were picnic tables everywhere on the school grounds and for the first time in history all of you eating at the same table.

“Hi.” Karam greeted YoonJi. “Hi…” She replied shyly.

“Thanks for being here -----ah, you ditched us before remember?” Mika said as he ruffled your hair.

“She didn’t. She was doing arts at that time.” Karam replied.

Jaejoong, Yoochun, Changmin, YooRin, and YoonJi were clueless so they just listened.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” You said.

“Forget about it, it’s so fun to be with you. I love this day!” Jay said in joy.

“You can’t eat that!” Karam blurted. He took your plate away.

“Why?” You asked.

“Its shrimp pasta, you know you can’t eat this, you have an allergy.” Karam said full of concern.

“Oh, I didn’t notice. Thanks.” You replied.

“Wow, I didn’t know you were allergic to shrimps.” Changmin said.

“She’s actually allergic to all seafoods.” Karam replied.

“How do you know all this?” Yoochun asked.

“Wow! A really protective big brother here.” Mika said.

Then they were all looking at you, YoonJi’s jaw dropped they were all shocked.

“What?! Don’t tell me you guys didn’t know this.” Mika said in shock too.

“You guys don’t know that HyunChul hyung and -----ah are siblings?!” Jay shouted.

Then all the people having lunch there stared at your direction and murmuring was heard. Everybody was shocked. They can’t believe what they just heard.

*Why does he really have to shout?!*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey there guys!

i posted this as soon as possible before going out....

...will be having a blast outside with my family to celebrate my birthday... ^__________^

anyways, i hope you will enjoy this chapter.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! ^__________^

and don't hesitate to drop some comments....

I LOVE YOU GUYS! <3