Chapter Ten

Here I Am

“Jaejoong-ah, were you standing there all this time?” Yoochun asked.

Jaejoong just nodded. Yoochun noticed his blank expression.

“What’s wrong? Did you hear something that bothered you?”

Jaejoong just nodded in reply again.

“Let’s go Jae, the others are waiting.” Yoochun said.

“You must be happy Yoochun-ah, it seems that she likes you too.” Jaejoong said.

Yoochun looked at Jae and noticed the feeling of sadness in Jaejoong’s eyes.

“You must be crazy… -----ah…” You said to yourself.

...

You rushed back home to find your brother, you saw him sitting on the couch.

“OPPA!” You called.

“Yah! I called you, why didn’t you pick up? Where were you? Aren’t we supposed to eat lunch together?”

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I was doing something.”

“And what was that?” He asked.

“ART! I was doing art…” *What? Art?*

“Art? You don’t even take art class.”

“It’s extracurricular for extra credits. You know…”

“Really?...Okay.”

“Oppa, can we talk?” You said sitting beside him.

“Aren’t we talking right now?”

“I want to know something; I rushed home to ask you this.” You began

“What is it?”

“If you often feel a sting in your chest, is that a disease?” You asked. Karam looked at you. “Maybe…? I don’t know, why are you asking me this?” He asked back. “Uh, what if you feel your heart beating too fast is there a problem with your heart?” You asked again. “What? Maybe…there is…” He replied unsure again. “There is a problem with my heart oppa! When I see this certain person, it beats very fast like crazy! What the hell is that, oppa?”

“Aaah, it means that you like that person!”

“You like that person?...”

“Yes, it means you have feelings for him.”

*NO WAY!* “What about the sting, is there a reason for that?”

“You’re jealous!”

*So that’s why….WHAT?!*

“Why -----ah, do you feel like this? You like someone?!”

“Oppa, I’ll talk to you later, okay? Thanks!” You said then you rushed to your room upstairs.

“Hyung, where should we go today? Oh, by the way, I’m hungry.” Changmin said.

“I’m not coming, I don’t have the mood to play today.” Jae left in his car.

“What’s wrong? Is he sick?” YooRin asked.

“I don’t know, but I think he’s not sick.” Yoochun replied. Changmin noticed that Yoochun is a little down too. “Hyung, what happened to you?” Changmin asked. “Huh? Nothing. I’ll drop you off.” He replied.

“Yoochun-ah, I want to talk to Jae. I wanna know what’s wrong.” YooRin said. “Then call him later.” He replied. “Will it be alright?” She asked again. “Why not? You’re just concerned aren’t you?” Changmin said. “I am, very.” She said. “YooRin-ah, do you still like Jaejoong?” Yoochun asked.

YooRin looked down and said, “Yes. I still like him, very much.”

“Really? Does hyung know this?” Changmin asked. “No. He thinks that I don’t have feelings for him anymore.” She replied. “Tell him.” Yoochun blurted. “Why should I? He won’t care about it anyway. I don’t want to experience the same thing as before.” She said in a sad tone.

There was silence as they remember how YooRin was hurt before, how she cried so hard before leaving for New York. How YooRin felt when she hesitantly threw away her feelings for Jae and still keeping it deep in her heart in all these years.

“YooRin-ah, we’re here.” Yoochun parked the car.

“Hyung, this is Jaejoong hyung’s house. Why are we here?” Changmin asked, confused.

“Instead of calling, why don’t you talk while facing each other, it’s much better.” Yoochun said, turning to YooRin and he smiled. “What if I just disturb him? What if he gets angry?” YooRin asked. “Jae hyung will never get angry at you. Go on, talk to him. Ask him what’s wrong.” Changmin said too. “Fine. Thanks Yoochun-ah, Changmin. Bye.” YooRin said as she got off the vehicle. “Ah! Call me later and tell me what happened, okay?” Changmin shouted as the car drove off.

Yoochun let out a heavy sigh. “Hyung, you seem bothered too. What’s the problem?”

“I talked to -----ah earlier.” Yoochun replied. “Don’t tell me you confessed and got rejected at once?!” Changmin shouted. “No! It was not about that.” Yoochun sighed again. “Then what?” He asked again.

“-----ah thinks that she’s a burden to us and everyone hates her because she’s close to us.”

“I will say that the second reason is true, but what’s this about burden. She’s absolutely not a burden.”

This time Yoochun and Changmin sighed together.

-Jaejoong’s House-

Jaejoong walked down the stairs, he smiled at YooRin who was sitting on the sofa.

“Why are you here? Is something wrong?” Jaejoong asked as he sat across her.

“I just want to know if you have some problems, you seem bothered earlier. Is something wrong?”

There was awkward silence, after YooRin asked that question. Jaejoong was just silent.

“Sorry, I think you don’t want to talk about it. Anyways, I’ll get going now.” YooRin said breaking the silence. “No, it’s okay. Do you want to stay for dinner YooRin-ah?” Then YooRin nodded in response.

They were eating a pleasant dinner, but there was still awkward silence, neither both of them talked. YooRin noticed Jae not eating; he’s just poking the food with his fork. YooRin stood up, but Jaejoong didn’t notice.

“Jae.” YooRin called. Jaejoong didn’t respond. “Jaejoong.” This time she called louder. “I’ll be going now. Thanks!” YooRin said. “Oh…okay.” YooRin felt happy that even though Jaejoong didn’t say anything he still walked her out safely. “See you tomorrow!” YooRin said as she got in the car. Jaejoong just nodded.

*I don’t have the courage to tell you that I like you for the second time…Kim Jaejoong.* She thought.

-In Your House-

Karam stared at you while you were stuffing food into your mouth.

“Eat more but slowly, you must be really starving.” He said.

“Oppa, I’m really sorry. I promise we will eat next time.” You said.

“Yeah, oh by the way tomorrow’s the start of Sports Festival, juniors and seniors are playing together. Guess what… we’re on the same team!”

“Yeah, I heard about that. But, we’re on the same team?!”

“Yeah, isn’t that great?! Mika and Jay are on our team too.”

*Shoot! Now I think everyone would now. Well, it’s fine. They will find out sooner or later anyway.*

“Yeah. That’s great. I’ll be playing with oppa. I can’t wait.”

…That Night…

Jaejoong can’t sleep, he just stares at the ceiling. He whispered, “I never felt this way before. I feel different. It’s different from what I felt for YooRin before. It’s deeper…it’s a different feeling.” He tried to close his eyes but after a minute his eyes opened again. “I can usually sleep at once what the hell!” He buried his face under his pillow.

You can’t sleep either. You stared outside the window and sighed. “What will happen tomorrow…? The students will find out that Karam sunbae is my brother…biological brother. They will hate me more because of that. And…I think I cannot avoid them anymore…we’re friends… I can’t make up any more excuses. And this feeling, it must disappear; I will hide it, burry it until it’s gone.” Then your eyes became heavy thinking about these things… soon you were asleep.

-The Next Day, the day of the Sports Fest-

Your brother left earlier because he still needs to prepare some things for the fest. You arrived at school early too. Many students were already there getting ready and getting to know their team mates. You arrived just in time. You were given this red wrist band which symbolizes your group. You were confused of the people around you; you’re all wearing the same sports uniform. Then you spotted YoonJi sitting at a corner.

“YoonJi-ah! What are you doing there?” You called.

“-----ah, we’re on the same team!” She said happily.

“I am so happy that we’re team mates YoonJi-ah.” You replied.

“Did you know that we’re teamed up with the sunbaes too?” She asked.

“Yeah, I heard that Mika and Jay sunbaes are with us also Karam sunbae.” You said.

When YoonJi heard the last name she looked away. “What’s wrong?” You asked. You sat beside her and saw her blushing. YoonJi looked down trying to hide her red face. “What’s wrong? Are you sick? Your face is so red.”

“I’m not sick. I…I…I know you would not believe if I tell you this. You will be shocked and maybe you’ll even end up laughing.”

“What is it? Tell me, I won’t laugh at you.”

“I know this is unbelievable…but I’ll tell you anyways since you’re my friend -----ah. I…I…*she leaned closed and whispered* I like HyunChul sunbae.”

You were shocked your friend just confessed that she likes…your brother. In addition to that he used your brother’s real name ‘HyunChul’.

You stared at your friend and smiled. “I am so happy for you YoonJi-ah.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY THERE!!!

I AM FINALLY BACK WITH AN UPDATE! ^______________^

..i hope you will like this chapter, i tried my best for this. ^^

i will work on the next chapter now.

...please don't hesitate to drop some comments. ^^

and thank you very much for supporting me.

...please wait for my next update. ^^

^_________________________________^