Chapter Twenty-Two

Here I Am

…After a while…

“Where did ------ah go?” YoonJi asked, seeing you nowhere.

“Maybe she went inside.” Mika said.

“Hyung’s gone too.” Changmin said.

“Yeah, where did Jaejoong go?” Yoochun asked.

“Maybe they’re together…” Jay said.

*Jaejoong is making a move.* YooRin thought. “Let’s just don’t mind them and continue with the game.”

Then, they continued playing, ignoring the fact that you and Jaejoong are together, alone.

*Where did ------ah and Jaejoong go? Are they really together?* Yoochun became worried.

“Don’t think too much Yoochun-ah, they’re okay. I’m sure they’re just there somewhere, talking maybe.” YooRin said, smiling. Yoochun smiled back.

………………..Meanwhile………………..

*Laughter*

You shot your eyes open, surprised. Then you realized you were leaning on Jaejoong’s shoulder again, all this time. You immediately straightened yourself. You looked at his face.

*Fortunately he’s sleeping too.* You sighed in relief. You checked the time in your phone. *11 PM… there’s no call from oppa and ahjusshi yet…* Then you noticed a jacket around you.

*What?... why is this…* You looked at Jaejoong, wearing only his shirt. You smiled.. *He really cares for me… this much?* Your gaze turned to Jae’s calm, relaxed face.

*If you’re this good and caring to me… how will I be able to control my feelings for you?... Why are you doing this to me, making me confused and happy at the same time? If you’re always like this… I won’t be able to stop myself from falling… Kim Jaejoong…*

Your smile faded and your expression became worried, *What if he catches cold because of me? I can’t believe I fell asleep under the tree and Jaejoong too..* You slowly placed his jacket around him. You didn’t want to wake him up. *I guess I owe you another ice cream.* You smiled.

“Thank you.” You whispered.

*That girl… will be very happy… she’s so lucky to have you too…* You thought.

*What should I do? Jaejoong can’t sleep here.. it’s cold.* Then you decided to call the others to carry Jaejoong inside, as you were about to walk away…

“Where are you going?” You were shocked and it almost gave you a heart attack.

A hand grabbed your wrist. You turned, but you saw Jaejoong still with closed eyes.

You tilted your head in confusion. “Is he talking in his sleep?” You whispered.

“Why are you looking at me like that? And I’m not talking in my sleep.” Jaejoong said, and finally he opened his eyes.

You gasped. “Are you awake?” You asked.

“Why? Do you think in this state I’m still asleep?” He asked, jokingly.

He stood up and wore his jacket properly. “I wasn’t asleep at all.” He stated.

“What? You were not sleeping?” You asked in shock.

“How can I sleep out here in the cold? And I’m not the type of person who sleeps under a tree.”

You laughed. “You owe me another ice cream.” Jaejoong said.

You and Jaejoong walked back to the pool area where the others are.

“I know. Should we have some now?”

“Why, do you have ice cream?”

You nodded. “Does it hurt?” You asked.

“What?”

“Your shoulder, it must have been uncomfortable. Does it feel numb?” You asked, concerned.

“No, not at all.”

“I wasn’t expecting that answer. I thought it would hurt.”

“Did you sleep well?” Jaejoong asked.

You nodded. “I feel safe and warm whenever I’m under my tree. I think of my parents are watching over me, I think they see me when I’m under the tree.” You said.

“Do you miss your parents?”

“Yes, I do every day. Oppa is lucky to see dad and mom in France.”

Jaejoong looked at you with a sad expression.

You smiled at him. “But I’m happy that you and the others are with me. I feel loved.” You said.

“I’m happy that you’re happy ------ah.” Jaejoong said.

“Thank you.” You said again.

“For what again?” Jaejoong asked.

“For everything… for staying with me under the tree, for coming here… thank you.”

Jaejoong was about to hug you, when…

“Look! There they are.” Someone shouted.

You heard Changmin’s voice. “Come here! Have some ice cream!” Jay called.

You laughed and Jaejoong smiled, but he’s a little disappointed, he wasn’t able to hug you.

“Come on Jaejoong, see they have ice cream.”

Then you suddenly held Jaejoong’s hand and you dragged him.

*She’s holding my hand…* Jaejoong felt electricity running in him. He smiled, satisfied.

You didn’t notice that you were holding Jaejoong’s hand, you just dragged him.

Then when you arrived at the spot, you immediately released Jaejoong’s hand.

“Its chocolate, Jaejoong-ah.” You said.

“Yes, our favorite!” Changmin blurted.

“We bought strawberry too -----ah, your favorite.” Yoochun said.

“I wanted to eat strawberry today! Thanks Yoochun-ah! Thanks for remembering!” You said.

“How could hyung forget such an important fact?” Changmin teased.

You smiled at Yoochun, he smiled back.

Jaejoong turned around, looking at his hand…*We were holding hands…* He smiled again, happy and satisfied.

“Nice one.” YooRin blurted.

“What?”

“I saw you and -----ah…”

“You saw us sleeping under a tree?!” Jaejoong blurted in shock.

“No! I saw you holding hands..” YooRin replied.

“Oh.”

“Wait! What?! You were sleeping under a tree?!” YooRin questioned.

“No, who said that? I want chocolate right now.” Jaejoong said, pretending.

“You said something about sleeping under a tree.” YooRin demanded to know.

“When did I say such a thing?” Jaejoong continued to play dumb.

*I… we… we were holding hands…* You blushed.

Then, Yoochun appeared beside you, “What are you thinking of?”

“Uh, nothing.” You said with a smile.

Yoochun handed you a strawberry ice cream. “Eat it before it melts.” He said.

“Thanks Yoochun-ah.”

“Oh wait!” He exclaimed.

You looked at him, curiously.

“Your hair will get messy if it touches the ice cream.” He said as he tucked strands of your hair behind your ear.

You instantly blushed, and you felt your heart racing.

“There, you can eat freely now.” Yoochun said, giving you a sweet smile.

“Th-thanks.” You stuttered.

“Let’s go sit ------ah.” Yoochun offered.

Your foot hit a rock and your body went out of balance, you closed your eyes, you were expecting a fall.

“Aaah!” 

Thanks to Yoochun’s fast reflexes, again you were saved from a fall… you felt Yoochun’s pair of arms around your waist again, you felt safe and secure, and your heart won’t stop beating…again…

Everybody turned to you, they were alarmed.

“-------ah!” Mika called, worriedly.

Jaejoong’s eyes widen in shock…

You and Yoochun were staring into each other’s eyes…

Yoochun was breathing fast, his face showing concern and worries…

You can feel his breath touch your face, which is an only inch away from his…

*Yoochun saved me again…* You didn’t notice your hands on his shoulders, you were just staring at his worried face… *I made him worry for me again… me and my clumsiness…*

Finally Yoochun released you, “Are you okay?” He asked, worriedly.

“Are you hurt somewhere? Tell me, where?” He asked again.

“I’m okay.” You replied.

“Are you sure? You don’t feel pain? Does your foot hurt?” Yoochun asked again.

“No, I’m okay…” You replied again.

Yoochun sighed hard, “I thought you promised me that you will be more careful?”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, as long as you’re not hurt.” Yoochun said with a smile of reassurance.

You smiled back. “Thank you Yoochun-ah.”

“-------ah!” Mika rushed to you.

“I’m okay, Mika oppa.” You said, smiling.

“Oh, I see… If your brother finds anything wrong with you, he would kill me for sure!” Mika said.

“Don’t worry, nothing’s wrong with me oppa.” You said.

“That’s good. Thanks Yoochun-ah.” Mika said.

Then they continued eating and chatting..

You saw Jaejoong looking at you worriedly…

“I’m okay.” You mouthed to him then you smiled.

You saw him smiled back. *Jaejoong was worried too.*

“-------ah, I was really worried.” Yoochun said.

“Sorry…”

“Why are you sorry again?”

“Because I caused trouble again..”

“You call that trouble?... I call that clumsy-cute moment.”

You laughed, Yoochun laughed too.

“Thanks, for always worrying about me. And thanks for always being there for me.” You said.

“That’s nothing. I’m glad that I’m here with you -------ah.”

You and Yoochun continued with your ice cream too.

*If Yoochun is always like this… always being here for me… I’ll get more and more confused… Why do I feel the same way for Yoochun and Jaejoong?... When I’m with Yoochun I feel happy, safe, comfortable, and when I’m with Jaejoong, it’s the same… my heart won’t stop racing… I feel warm inside.*

You looked at Yoochun and you instantly blushed, you felt tingly again, like the last time.

*Why am I like this… when I’m with him?* You stared at his face…

*Am I…falling for Yoochun… or am I falling for Jaejoong…? I don’t know…I don’t understand anymore.*

Then you suddenly felt his arms around you… Yoochun is hugging you…

“Yoochun-ah…”

“Sorry for hugging you all of a sudden…” Yoochun said.

You can’t say anything… you’re too shocked and your heart is beating like crazy…

“You just won’t stop staring at me…” Yoochun whispered.

You blushed; you felt your cheeks warm…

Changmin choked while drinking cola…

“Yah! Are you okay? Drink slowly.” Jay said while patting Changmin’s back.

They were sitting in the mats again.

Changmin pointed his finger, still coughing.

Everyone looked to its direction.

Everyone gasped, when they saw Yoochun hugging you.

Jaejoong’s eyes widen in shock, he didn’t gasp, but he was surprised, and he felt his heart stinging.

*Am I… jealous?* He thought… he looked away.

“Wow, Yoochun is really great.” Mika said.

“Agree. I can’t even hug my girl in public.” Jay said.

“Since when did you have a girl?” Mika asked.

“Hyung! Don’t embarrass me!” Jay exclaimed with a pout.

They laughed again.

“They’re progressing… fast!” Changmin blurted.

YoonJi just giggled.

YooRin saw Jaejoong looking away.

“Jealous much?” She teased, whispering.

“Am not!” Jaejoong said.

“Then, what are you looking at?” YooRin asked.

Jaejoong cleared his throat. “The view here is just… much better.” He said.

YooRin laughed.

“When I release you, don’t stare at me like that anymore, okay?” Yoochun asked, still hugging you.

You nodded your head eagerly. Yoochun chuckled at your cuteness.

He released you and you immediately looked away. “You’re so cute!” Yoochun said.

You blushed again.

“Are you blushing?” Yoochun suddenly asked.

“Can you see in the dark?” You asked, shocked.

“I can’t see in the dark, silly! But I think you just admitted that you did blush.”

“I didn’t!” You shouted, then you blushed harder. You guessed your face is red now.

“Fine, fine… you didn’t. Let’s just pretend that you didn’t.” Yoochun teased.

“I really didn’t.” You said with a pout.

Yoochun laughed.

“Why are you laughing?” You asked.

“You’re so cute!” Yoochun exclaimed.

“Here we go again..” You whispered, looking away.

“--------ah..” You heard Yoochun’s serious voice.

“What?” You turned to look at him.

“You’re really pretty today.” Yoochun said.

You were surprised, “I’m not falling for that. First you say I’m cute, then now I’m pretty?”

“I mean it… you really are… and you’re really cute too.”Yoochun said, seriously.

You looked at him. *Why is Yoochun doing this to me?*

Yoochun wanted to kiss you, he was about to… then he snapped out of it, instead he took a bite of his ice cream. “Yummy! I love strawberry!” He said, changing the topic.

You smiled at him…

*How can a person make someone this happy? Like Yoochun-ah and Jaejoong..*

--------------------------------------------------

READERS AND COMMENTS ARE LOVED! ^_________^