Chapter Six

Here I Am

...

“Are you okay -----ah? You don’t like the food? Today’s menu kinda !” Yoochun whispered to you.

While Jaejoong and Changmin were busy talking with YooRin, you didn’t expect that someone still noticed you. Yoochun was actually observing you.

“I’m fine, I don’t feel like eating.” You whispered back.

You noticed Jaejoong and YooRin talking freely to each other, smiling and laughing.

You suddenly felt a sting in your chest, like something struck you.

*I need to leave. I feel awkward.*

...

“Yoochun-ah, I need to go, I forgot I still need to do something.” You whispered to Yoochun.

“But you didn’t eat yet; your plate’s almost untouched.” Yoochun said.

“It’s fine, I need to go, thanks!” You replied.

“What are you guys talking about?” Changmin blurted.

“-----ah, said she needs to do something, so she needs to go.” Yoochun said.

“Please excuse me, I have to go. Nice meeting you, YooRin-ssi.” You slightly bowed and left at once.

Jaejoong looked at you, and he felt something strange.

“Yoochun, is she okay?” He asked.

“Yeah Jae, but she didn’t eat.” Yoochun replied.

Jaejoong looked at your untouched food.

*What happened to her? Is something bothering her? Does she have some problems?*

Jaejoong started worrying about you; his head was filled with thoughts about you.

“Let’s hangout later.” Changmin blurted.

“Yeah, let’s do that!” YooRin agreed.

-That Afternoon-

“Shoot! I forgot my phone on my table!” Yoochun shouted when he realized it was not with him

“Hey, I need to get it. I’ll call you guys!” Yoochun said, as he started running back to the building.

When he entered the hallway, he heard noises, so he decided to see what’s happening.

“Now, I think you know where your place is!” Some girl said.

“You don’t belong with them! So, it’s best if you stay away from the, do you hear me?!” A girl shouted.

“We can’t go near them, but how cold you?! You didn’t even know their names in the first place!”

“Why are you telling me all this? Did I do something wrong?” …

“That voice belongs to… -----ah..” Yoochun started walking towards the girls.

“So just take our advise and don’t come near them again” The girl said pushing you.

“What are you girls still doing here?” Yoochun blurted.

You were shocked to see Yoochun actually standing there.

“Yoochun-oppa, you’re still here?” The girl said acting innocent.

“I don’t know you, don’t call me oppa, it’s irritating.” Yoochun shot back.

The girls just stood there looking embarrassed.

“What are you still standing there for? Leave now!” Yoochun shouted at them.

The girls gave you a death glare, then they scrambled off.

“Yoochun-ah, thank you. But, why are you still here?” You spoke.

“No problem. I’m here to get my phone, I left it. Can you wait here? Let’s go out together.”

“Okay.”

When Yoochun came back you started walking out of the building.

“Are you okay? Did those girls hurt you.” Yoochun asked full f concern.

“I’m fine. Thanks.” You answered.

“Why do you always say that?”

“What else would I say then? Should I say, I’m not fine, my body sore all over? Or should I say, Those girls should die!..?”

Yoochun laughed. “Yeah, those girls should die.”

“But I think they’re right. I should not hangout with you guys.”

“Why not? We love hanging out with you. And aren’t we friends?” Yoochun looked at you.

“We’re friends, but I don’t belong with you guys.”

“What made you say that? I really don’t mind if you’re with us. Jaejoong and Changmin don’t mind too.”

“But, sometimes I feel different. And everybody hates on me.”

“Don’t mind them, they’re just jealous because you’re a friend of ours.”

“Sometimes I feel awkward when I’m with you, like what happened during lunch.”

“So, you left because you were feeling awkward?”

You nodded. “I felt strange, and out of place.”

“Maybe because of YooRin, you’re not yet used to her. The atmosphere is different when she’s around.”

You remained silent, because that was exactly the reason why.

“I was actually observing you, are you curious about her?”

You nodded.

“Joo YooRin, she’s your age. If you talk more you’ll get along with her. She’s nice just like you. She’s one of our closest friends; we met her during our elementary years. And…she likes Jaejoong.”

“I see, so she likes Jaejoong.”

“That was a long time ago. I don’t know if she still likes Jae though.”

“Does Jaejoong know?”

“Yeah. But, he really didn’t mind it. It’s fine with him. He doesn’t have any interests anyway.”

“Really? He has no interests?”

“He’s not that interested to have a relationship. But he keeps strong friendship.”

“Ah, how about you?”

“Me? I have no interests too…before. But, I guess now I have.”

“You do? Do you like someone?”

“Yeah. I like someone right now.”

“Oh.” That’s all you could say in response.

“Are you not curious to know who?”

“I don’t really ask, it’s their private matter anyway.”

*She’s the only one I know, who don’t get curious, aside from Jae.* “How ‘bout you? Do you like someone?” Yoochun asked.

“No.” You answered at once.

“Really? Don’t tell me you don’t have interests too?”

“Yeah, I got no interests.”

“Seriously?” *She’s so like Jae.*

You arrived at the main streets, you were busy talking with Yoochun, you didn’t even realize what time is it. Yoochun was carried away too chatting with you. Then you realized something.

“Why are you not with them by the way?” You asked all of a sudden. “Aren’t you usually with Jaejoong and Changmin? Where are they?”

“Huh? Oh Shoot! I forgot! We’re hanging out today.” Yoochun’s phone rang.

“They’re probably calling you right now.”

Yoochun picked it up.

“YAH! Hyung, where are you?! You said you’d call us after you get your phone! Come here now!”

Changmin’s voice could be heard, he seems pretty annoyed.

“Sorry Changmin, I’m with -----ah right now. I got carried away chatting with her, don’t worry I’ll be right there. Wait for me, okay? And spare me some food!” The call ended.

-In a Sushi Bar-

“What did he say Changmin?” Jaejoong asked.

“He said he’ll be right here. He’s with -----ah and he got carried away chatting with her.”

“They were together? Told you they have something special.” YooRin said.

*They were…together? How come?* Jaejoong thought again.

-Back to you and Yoochun-

“I should go now, they’re waiting for me, but before that. Wait here.” Yoochun asked you to wait and he entered the sweet’s store nearby.

After some time, he came back.

“This is for you.” He said handing you some kind of dessert.

“What’s this?” You asked, puzzled.

“It’s Strawberry Pudding. It’s a famous dessert in that place, and most girls like it.” He said smiling.

“Thank you. I love strawberries.” You said taking it.

“Really? That’s good! I love them too, especially chocolate covered ones.”

“I love that too!” You and Yoochun laughed after knowing something common with each other.

“Enjoy your pudding, I need to go now. Bye! I’ll call you!” Yoochun patted your head before leaving.

“Thank you Yoochun-ah.” Then you started heading home too, eating your strawberry pudding.

-In a Sushi Bar-

Yoochun sighed.

“What did you talk about?” Changmin asked.

“Stuffs. Can I have some more tuna?” Yoochun said.

“What stuffs?” Changmin asked again passing him sashimi.

“Are you going steady with her?” YooRin asked out of the blue.

“No. What the hell! We’re just friends YooRin-ah.” Yoochun answered with a laugh.

“Really? I didn’t know you got carried away easily talking to a friend.” Changmin teased.

“Jae, Yoochun’s really suspicious.” YooRin said turning to Jaejoong.

“Yeah, he’s like hiding something.” Jaejoong said, joining the fun.

Jaejoong got a plate of sushi and started eating in his own.

“Do you like -----ah, hyung?” Changmin asked Yoochun in a serious tone.

Jaejoong was still eating while they waited for Yoochun’s answer.

Yoochun moved forward, he leaned closer…

“Actually, I do like -----ah.” He said in a whisper.

Jaejoong dropped his chopsticks in surprise (O_O) …

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. ^^