Chapter Thirteen

Here I Am

... *I guess he forgot the ice cream thing, that's a relief.* You thought.

“I guess they’re progressing.” YooRin said.

Jaejoong looked at his side mirror and saw you smiling at Yoochun.

“She totally forgot about the ice cream.” He whispered.

“What?” YooRin asked.

“Nothing.” ...

 

As you and Yoochun were walking, you suddenly forgot about everything. It gives you a nice feeling and you get comfortable around him. You’re actually enjoying your time with him.

“Let’s go get ice cream -----ah.” Yoochun said as he dragged you in the store.

*I guess since he’s with YooRin he forgot my promise of ice cream.* You thought.

You looked at all the flavors, and your eyes twinkled, seeing flavors unfamiliar to you.

“They all look so yummy! I actually want to try them all.” You said.

“So, which one do you like?” Yoochun asked.

“I wanna have Chocolate and Vanilla.”

“But those flavors are too common.”

“But I want them… please…please…” You acted like a kid.

“Okay.” Yoochun agreed with a chuckle.

“YAY!”

“Two cones of Chocolate and Vanilla please.” Yoochun said, and the girl started scooping.

“I’ll pay.” You said.

“No, I’ll pay.” Yoochun said taking out his wallet.

“But, I want to treat you.” You said with a pout.

The girl holding the ice cream just laughed at the two of you arguing on who’s going to pay.

“It’s ready.” She said, holding the two cones out.

“How can I let you pay? You get the ice cream and I will pay.” Yoochun insisted.

You had no choice; Yoochun was already at the counter, paying, so you get the ice cream and thanked the girl who served you.

“You two are so cute. I hope you won’t break up in the future.” She said giving you the cones.

*She misunderstood.* But instead of explaining you just smiled and left.

You were walking down the sidewalk again with Yoochun while eating your ice cream.

“Hey, did you know that we all like chocolate? Especially Jaejoong, he loves it!” Yoochun blurted.

Hearing Jaejoong’s name, you felt guilty. You were supposed to eat ice cream with Jaejoong not Yoochun, but you felt relieved too, that you were with Yoochun not Jaejoong or else you’ll feel awkward again.

“Really? I didn’t know that.” You simply replied.

You continued walking, then you heard Yoochun say, “I hope everything goes well.”

“What?” You asked.

“Oh, uh. Well, YooRin told us that she still likes Jae, and she’s going to confess… I think now.”

When you heard that you felt down too, but you didn’t understand why.

“Really? … That’s good for her. I hope Jaejoong likes her back.” You said hesitating a little.

“Me too. I hope Jae change her feelings for her.”

You looked at Yoochun, then he said, “That was the problem before.” Yoochun noticed you were curious, so he continued.

“When YooRin confessed her feelings before, we thought that Jaejoong would feel the same way, but he just didn’t. He explained that he just love her as a friend. Of course YooRin was sad, and after a month, she went to New York, because of her father’s company. Then, after two years she went back. Still, she likes Jaejoong and it never changed.”

You listened to Yoochun’s story and you felt bad for YooRin. “YooRin is a nice girl and a good friend.”

“She is.” Yoochun said.

As you turned to a corner, nearing your house, you thought… *When I was with Yoochun I suddenly forgot about my feelings towards Jaejoong, but when he told me the story, I felt bad for YooRin but I also felt a little…what do you call that(?)…jealous. But I don’t want this to continue any longer.*

Yoochun was thinking too…

*I want to tell -----ah about my feelings too, but I think this isn’t the right time to confess.* 

“You said your house was around here, right -----ah?” Yoochun asked.

“Uh, yes. It’s that house there.” You pointed at your house.

“Wow, it’s big.”

“Well, I bet your house is bigger, anyways thanks for taking me home Yoochun-ah.”

“It’s nothing, I wanted to know where you live anyways. It seems quiet in this neighborhood.”

“It is. Do you want to come in first?”

“Uh, no maybe next time. Thanks!”

“Thanks for the ice cream. Take care! Goodbye.”

“See you tomorrow -----ah. Goodnight!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

…Meanwhile…

*I have decided already, I will tell him.*

“I’m sorry YooRin-ah, I should have taken the other route, I didn’t know there will be traffic.”

“It’s okay, Jaejoong-ah.”

“But, it’s getting dark, I’m afraid you’ll be home late.”

“It’s fine. There’s no one at home anyway.”

“Why is there traffic at this time?” Jae sounded irritated but he stayed calm.

“Jaejoong-ah, I want to tell you something.” YooRin started.

“What is it?” Jaejoong turned to her.

YooRin gathered all the courage in her, and said,

“I like you, I still like you.”

Jaejoong, shocked at the sudden confession, just stared at her.

The cars started moving… the car at their back started honking, impatiently.

Jaejoong didn’t say a word, he just started driving again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-At Your House-

Your eyes widen as you see two boys laughing hysterically in front of your living room’s flat screen.

“-----ah, you’re back. Yoochun did a good job taking you back early.” Your brother greeted you.

“Oppa, why are they here?” You asked pointing at Jay and Mika.

“They’ll be staying over.” Karam answered with a smile.

“I hope its fine with you -----ah.” Jay shouted.

“Uhm, yes. Feel at home.” You replied.

Then you heard boiling sounds in the kitchen. “There’s someone cooking?”

They nodded. “Who?” You asked.

Then you heard someone called. “Sunbae, how do you turn the stove off?”

“YoonJi-ah!” You called almost shouting.

“-----ah…”

“What are you doing here? Why? How?” You questioned.

“I just found out that YoonJi-ah is my neighbor.” Mika answered, and it answered all your other questions.

“Mika sunbae saw me, and he dragged me here.” YoonJi shyly replied.

“Hey, don’t say drag, asked me to come along is better.” Jay said.

“I didn’t even agree to come.” She replied with a pout.

“-----ah, can I ask you a favor.” You heard your brother calling.

“Oh, sure. What is it?”

“Can you go to the nearest supermarket, and do a little grocery shopping?” He asked flashing his cutest smile, knowing you won’t agree at once.

“Oppa, can’t Jay and Mika oppa do that, since they’re the one staying over?” You asked also with your cutest pout.

“That’s why they can’t, they’re guests.”

“But, but…” Then you saw Jay and Mika sticking their tongue at you, and YoonJi looking apologetic.

“Fine!” You gave in. “I’ll just change clothes.” You headed upstairs, then after a while. You went out.

YoonJi continued cooking. “Smelling good YoonJi-ah.” Karam said. YoonJi giggled and blushed in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong was still driving his car after dropping YooRin off.

*FLASHBACK*

…“I like you, I still like you.” …

-HONK HONK HONK-

…Awkward silence…

“You…you still like me?” Jaejoong suddenly asked breaking the silence.

YooRin just nodded in response.

Jaejoong didn’t say anything anymore until they reached YooRin’s house.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Jaejoong’s head was filled of thoughts again…

*I don’t wanna hurt her again, but I just don’t feel the same way. I like her too, but not the same as her, I like as a friend, as a sister… I really don’t know what to do now.*

Then suddenly he saw this familiar figure nearby, you parked the car in front of the shop.

“Do a little grocery shopping? A little?! Why did the make me buy a lot of stuffs?!” You said as you struggle to carry two plastic bags of food and other stuffs. You started walking.

*Ah! It’s -----ah! That’s why she’s familiar* “Why does she need to show up here?! I am already confused enough.” Jaejoong said in a calm voice, then he sighed.

Jaejoong got out of his car. *Wait, why am I doing this?* He was confused of himself.

“Jaejoong-ah?”

“Hi -----ah.” He said.

“Why are you here?” You asked.

“Uh, I was just passing by, and then I saw you. I realized you were having a hard time carrying your stuffs, so I pulled over. Wanna ride?” He asked. *I don’t even know why I’m doing this, but it seems right.*

“Uhm, it’s okay. My house is just near here anyways. Thanks.” You said.

“But it’s heavy.” Jaejoong suddenly grabbed the two bags in your hands. “Get in.” He instructed.

“But…” Then you saw his sincerity in his eyes. “Okay.” Then you got in.

After putting the bags in the trunk, he got in too.

“Uhm, thank you.”

You didn’t talk, Jaejoong didn’t talk… the only thing that was heard was the radio playing [Is it OK? - f(x)]

Then you saw the ice cream parlor you and Yoochun went to earlier.

“Jaejoong-ah, can you pull here please, I suddenly remembered something that I need to do.”

“What?” He asked.

“It will only take a minute.”

You got off the car and Jaejoong saw you entering the shop. *Ice cream* He thought then he chuckled.

You remembered Yoochun’s words, “Hey, did you know that we all like chocolate? Especially Jaejoong, he loves it!”

“Can I have once Chocolate ice cream in cup please, medium sized?” You said to the girl.

After a while…

“I got this for you.” You said.

Jaejoong looked at you wide eyed.

“What? You think I forgot?” You asked smiling.

“No, I knew you were gonna keep your promise. Thanks! I’ll eat it later.”

“But it will melt.”

“I can’t eat it, I’m driving right now. It won’t melt easily, and I don’t mind if it melts, it’s still ice cream after all.”

“It’s chocolate.” You added.

“How did you know I love chocolate?”

“Yoochun told me, and we got ice cream there earlier.”

 “What else did he tell you about me?”

“He told me about you and YooRin.”

“-----ah, your house is around here right?” Jae asked changing the topic. *I don’t want to talk about that*

“Uhm, yes. That house.” Jae parked the car in front f it. You got out, and Jae got the bags outside the trunk.

“It’s big.” He said. “I bet your house is bigger.” You said. *Woah! It’s like Déjà vu.*

“Bye -----ah, and thanks for the ice cream.”

“Thank you Jaejoong-ah. See you tomorrow.”

With a last smile, Jaejoong drove his car and left.

You felt your heart skip a beat, *He smiled at me.* 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

HEY THERE! ^___________^

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS! 

...i hope you like this chapter...

working on the next chapter right now...

I LOVE YOU MY READERS! ^_________________^

COMMENTS ARE LOVED! ^^