008

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

They walked for around fifteen minutes before they reached the town. There was a huge brick wall surrounding the big town and a large door gate made out of a very strong wood stood right in the middle of the wall. The twins and also their guardians looked around in confusion, examining all the people and also the guards who pulled open the gate for them. The people of the towns seem to be very precocious of the strangers who passed by their place except for the friendly son of the landlord, everyone else seem to be suspicious and scared as they saw the four of them.

However, their worried faces turned slightly bright with a warm smile spread on their face as Ilhoon walked passed them. Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes to watch the young man who walked beside him, he still has that bright face but Kyungsoo could see the focus and concentration glistening in his eyes.

“Young master, you’re back...” Another man that looked slightly older than Ilhoon appeared in front of them, he had his head bowed a little before he flashes a soft smile to everyone. He was nothing taller than Kyungsoo and his hair is blonde but not as dark as Ilhoon.

“Stop calling me young master, Eunkwang. It doesn’t suit me... Is everything alright while I’m gone?” Ilhoon stepped forward and gave a sign for some of the guards to go back to their place, leaving only four of them together with the old man at that place.

“Everything is fine except for your sister...” The guy named Eunkwang said with a sorry expression on his face and the noble’s son let out a sigh as he rubbed his neck.

“Let me guess, she’s furious again isn’t she?” The blonde one nodded his head.

“Oh well, I’ll deal with that later. For now, can you please show my guests to the guest house? I’m pretty sure they’re tired right now.” Ilhoon turned around and looked at twins.

“Please don’t bother yourself about us, we’ll be just fine and we’re not that tired anyway.” Kyungsoo said with a polite tone of his but the noble’s son shook his head lightly.

“No... You’re my guests and it’s my duty to make you feel comfortable here.”

“I’m sorry but if you don’t mind, can I have a walk around the town?” Kai had a bright and excited face plastered on his face which made Kyungsoo to an eyebrow. He never saw his twin with that expression.

“Of course, you can. I can take you around the town if you want to?” He offered, a smile still hung on his lips as the younger twin nodded his head. “Will you come with us too Kyungsoo?”

“Yes, I would love to.”

“If that so, Eunkwang can you please show the guest house to Eric and Lumia?” Eunkwang nodded his head again before he gestured the elders to follow him. Both the guardian and the former knight glanced to the twins before they followed the younger man.

“Okay now, my dear friends. Please let me show you the way...” Ilhoon had this one bright smile that always amazed the twins. They never seen anyone which such a bright smile since the only ones they have encountered were only the ruthless Orpheus people.

The three of them walked across the road before they came into a place that Kai believed as the market place of the town. He’s been to a small town before, it was quite far from his tree house and he finds it to be quite exciting to be around a place with so many people. Most of them have a really bright faces with a welcoming smile spread on their lips. The Market in this place was by far much bigger than the last one he saw.  There were small booths of shops everywhere in this place, things like meats, fruits, bread, flowers, weapons and all kind of stuffs that people will need are sold here. A few buildings that were painted with soft colours surrounded the market, shielding them from the hot sun rays. The people bowed their head lightly with respect as they saw Ilhoon passing by their shops. A few whispers could be heard from the young ladies that walked past them, they were whispering and giggling towards one another as they steal a glance on the three young men.

“Would you like to have some coffee?” Ilhoon’s question brings the twins back to reality as they nodded their head in agreement.

“This restaurant serves the best coffee in this town, I’m sure you won’t regret having some. Please take this way...” He said as he gestured his hand to a building in front of them. The twins smiled softly as they followed Ilhoon entering the restaurant, the noble’s son was one of the most polite people they have met so far and they respect him for those manners that he had.

“Welcome to our restaurant!” A young lady greeted them as they entered the building. The interior design was very relaxing and not too elegant. The tables and the chairs were all in white colour and the wall were painted with a soft brown colour which makes the dark brown floor to appeal more.

“What would you like to have gentlemen?” She asked as soon as all three of them took their sit on one of the table near the open place of the restaurant. The soft winds that blew softly around them tousled their hair slightly as they exchange glances with each other.

“Can we have three white coffees please?” The young lady nodded her head light before she disappeared to the counter. Ilhoon took a deep breath as he leaned forward, placing both of his elbows on the table and his chin on top of his hands.

“So what do you think of this town?” That was the first question that came out from his mouth as he looked at both of the young man beside him; he was sitting in the middle of them both. Until now, he still had no idea that both of them are actually twins. Who would think of that since both of them looked so different from each other.

“I’ve never been to this kind of place. I mean there are so many people here.” Kyungsoo said, his voice sounded a bit too excited compared to his calm face.

Ilhoon looked at him with a slightly confuse face but before he could utters a question, Kai cleared his throat and said. “We’ve been living alone with our guardians, pretty secluded and we didn’t mixed around with people that much. That’s what he means.”

“Oh... I see...” Kyungsoo can only smile sheepishly as he threw a glance to his younger twin who was looking around the restaurant.

“You have a very cool place here Ilhoon, I really like the market. It was always full with people and their welcoming smiles.” Kai muttered as he looked down the street. They were sitting on the open part of the restaurant which was slightly higher than the rest of the parts in the restaurant. From their table, they can watch the busy market and the people who walked past the restaurant to go to the market.

“Oh well, it is cool but I think as a traveller, you’ll find a place or people who is by far cooler than this place.” He said with a slightly frustrated tone. The older twin frown a bit as he watched Ilhoon’s face; he touched the other’s shoulder and tapped it softly.

“Is everything alright?” The older twin had a very calm and soft smile plastered on his milky white skin. Ilhoon just shook off his head lightly and leaned back on his chair.

“Try getting trapped at the same place for the rest of your life, then you’ll know why I said that.” He ended his words with a small chuckle which sounded more like a frustrating laugh rather than a happy one. Kyungsoo can only smile faintly and tapped on Ilhoon’s shoulder slowly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter