010

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The twins stood silently beside Lumia. They couldn’t justify the situation clearly. Confusion snapped into their heads as they looked at each of the people who bowed their heads before them. For once in their lifetime, the twins felt like they were important but everything were too much for them to digest in one go. They quietly took a deep breath and took a step forward.

“Everyone please get up!” Kai shouted with his gentle voice. It was a request rather than an instruction. His face softened as he watched his older twin walk closer to Ilhoon. Kyungsoo helped the blonde back to his feet slowly. He was not fond of the view before his eyes at all.

“Ilhoon, please, tell your people to stand up. We’re not who you think we are.” Kyungsoo’s voice was soft and gentle. He placed his hand on the blonde’s shoulder gently as he looked at him with warm eyes.

“But you can control fire. Only royalties were able to control one of the elements and yet you both can.” Ilhoon was as confused and as surprised as the twins. But when he saw them use their ability just now, the doubts he had before disappeared along with the cold night wind. That night, the sky was dark and the wind was cold, but his heart felt warm because he knew now that his belief and hope for the royal families weren't useless.

“We are not royalties, Ilhoon. Not anymore.” Kyungsoo's voice was slow and firm.

He was not disappointed with the fact that they are not the royalties or the princes of Fierra because he never felt like one. True, they were told that they are the heirs of the fire kingdom, the strongest empire out of all the four kingdoms, but they were nowhere near the royalties.

They lived their life hiding from the enemies that they don’t even know. The thought of how they can survive from the deathly curse had always been bothering them. That was their life and not even once did they ever thought themselves as the princes or even the kings of the long gone fire kingdom.

“A royalty will always be a royalty. That is what the people in this world believe. Royal blood flows inside of you, young men. You both are the heir of the fire kingdom, Fierra....” Lord Siwoon had already got up on his feet. He was walking gracefully towards the twins.

“That explains why there's a teleporter and a healer with you.” A warm smile spread on his face as he exchanged glances with Eric and Lumia. “You must be the guardian and the knight.”

The guardian and the knight were standing not far from the twins. Worry filled their eyes as they watched the twins and also the landlord. The noble family were nice and kind but they could not just simply ignore the suspicious feeling they always have when they meet strangers. The twins’ safety was the most important thing for them both.

“Ilhoon, please...” Kai was bothered by the view, having people on their knees and bowing to him was nothing to be proud of. He felt uncomfortable just by seeing it.

The blonde immediately realized how uncomfortable his new friends were. So he quickly signaled his people to get up and they obeyed him without any questions. They were just grateful for the twins’ help in saving their town. Both of the boys smiled in relief as they saw it.

“Thank you...” They whispered slowly.

“Your people need their rest and treatment. I’m sure some of them were injured.” Kyungsoo looked at the town people who still haven’t moved from their place. They just stood there without doing anything. Probably because they were just clueless of the right thing to do at that moment.

“Thank you. I’ll make sure that they'll treated. You too should get some rest. Maybe you could come to my house. I’m sure it is more comfortable there.” Ilhoon said as he exchanged glances with his father. The landlord smiled warmly as he nodded his head lightly.

“No, it’s okay. The guest house is more--ughhh!” Kai cluthed his chest as soon as he felt a sudden pain rushing through his body. His face grimaced in pain as he tried to hold it from controlling his body.

“Kai, what’s wrong?!” Kyungsoo was the first one to grab the younger twin when he almost collapsed on the ground again.

“My chest! My che--ughhh!” The tanned male seemed to have paled a lot. Sweats were trailing on his face as he grabbed onto his chest tightly. “Lumia, what’s wrong with him?!” Kyungsoo was freaking out when he saw how much his twin was in pain. He grabbed his twin’s hand. Worry and fear flickered in his big doe eyes.

“I don’t understand. I’ve already healed the wound.” Lumia knelt beside the twins. She looked a bit confused and surprised but she quickly placed her hand on top of the younger one's chest. Kyungsoo was trying hard to take Kai’s hand off his chest but the younger twin keeps on grabbing his chest and thumped on it. “Kai, please don’t!”

“Poison!” The guardian cried as she found out what was wrong with the younger twin. The tanned male still moved violently under his older twin’s embraces. He felt like the pain was ripping his body apart and his chest burned with the pain that have been engulfing him completely.

“This might hurt a bit. Hold on, Kai.” Lumia placed her han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter