030

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

1319 suse, Tamara.

 

                       

They were back to the twin’s grotto. Gone were the angry sky and the harsh slaps of icy and damp winds. Light washed over their line of sight, welcoming them back to their real world. The small space was still filled with the glowing symbols and signs; only that they looked less fascinating now that the twins have learn the hidden truth beneath the beauty. Who could have known that the truths were far more sickening than what the fraternal twins could ever think of?

Kyungsoo was standing beside his twins. Their eyes were looking anywhere but the identical twins in front of them. How do you confront the people who could possibly be responsible for your life long suffering? Moreover that you could not really blame them for the misfortune that had befall on you.

Sehun cleared his throat after a while, breaking their momentary silence. Kyungsoo was almost grateful for that—the stillness was starting to feel like a black hole, dragging them all into the pit. He watched from the sideline as the white hair twin moved a step closer to them.

“Have you heard of the infamous prophecy written almost a thousand years ago?” his voice was careful and calculated, almost as if he was afraid that it was a wrong question to ask.

“The prophecy was passed down generation by generation until it became no less than just a myth but, I’m pretty sure that the late kings and queen were well aware of this prophecy eighteen years ago.” Luhan added. He sounded thoughtful despite the obvious tilt of smirk on his lips.

There were no answer given by the fraternal twins, not even an angry question from the youngest one. Both have their eyes locked on the ground but, both were very much aware of the two pairs of crystal blue eyes boring hole on their head.

“I see,” Sehun whispered, “it seems like our little journey to unveil the past had stolen away your ability to speak. Not even a question from the angry one?”

It was at time like this that Kyungsoo thinks Sehun really understood Kai better than him, he knew enough how to pick on the other’s nerves. Kai was glaring at him even though it didn’t seem to hold the same venom it used to have.

“And why would a prophecy matter much to us now?” Kai spat.

“Because the said prophecy was talking about twins with a doomed curse,” Luhan answered willingly, “now that sounds familiar, doesn’t it?”

The symbols floating above their head shifted closer to Luhan as he speaks. The twins watched as one of them stopped right before it reached his open palm. The symbol glowed that blinding light again before various sets of letters appeared in the air in front of them one by one. The letters formed words and arranged themselves into a few sentences.

A soft and husky voice began to whisper across the grotto. Her voice followed the words appearing in the air in front of them as she recites the prophecy for their ears to listen.

 “They are one soul forced to be two. One is red and one is blue. The evil shall strikes and the angels shall mourn on the day they were born.  Darkness shall follows their fragile trails as they shall be doomed with a deathly fate, but fear not! One they shall be, and the evil shall meet it ends”

The fraternal twins felt their breath stuck in their throats. The prophecy continued to echo in their head. They watched the words of the prophecy danced like a tidal wave in the ocean.

“The prophecy was written by an aphilim—one of the few who could foresee the future without them intending to.” Luhan explained as he moved around the written prophecy.

“Despite how absurd the prophecy may had sound, it could be the answer that you have been searching for, Kai.” The youngest one let out a little gasp. He didn’t know exactly when but Sehun was currently standing dangerously close to him now.

“But how—” he was about to ask but was cut off short by the white hair twin, “Your necklace.” Sehun said.

“What?”

“Now this may sound ridiculous and maybe a bit rude but will you mind giving us your royal necklace, please?” Sehun asked, albeit too politely for anyone liking. Luhan was scrunching his nose at his twin’s extremely sweet tone.

“NO!” both of the royal twins shouted in sync. The necklace was probably the only valuable possession that both of them ever have. The thought of handing over it to someone else had never crossed their mind, not even for a split of second.

“I know that it might be difficult for you to trust us now—”

“Difficult?” Kai interrupted Luhan brashly, “why would you think that we will ever do?”

Kyungsoo placed a hand on his twin’s chest when he sees how emotionally affected Kai was with the whole ordeal. Surprisingly, it effectively calming the younger one. He was still breathless when Kyungsoo opened his mouth to speak but nevertheless, he kept quiet.

“I’m willing to listen as to why you would need this necklace.” Kyungsoo said calmly. “But I cannot promise you that we will give them to you willingly.”

“Fair enough, I wouldn’t expect you to hand over the necklaces that easy. Such precious possession should be guard safely.” Luhan reasoned as he turned. His fingers gracing over the symbols around him softly.

“They were a gift that we gave to the royal family when we sealed the deal with them.” He informed.

“You mean when you decided that it’s alright to let s carry this heavy load in us?” Kai remarked.

“Kai,” Sehun warned, the tip of his lips twitched as he glanced over at youngest one.

“Let me ask you something,” Luhan inquired, simply ignoring the tense air between Sehun and Kai. “Do you know the fact that every royal necklace hold the precious memories of their owner?”

“And no necklace could hold the memories of two persons.” Sehun added as he shifted his eyes to his twin. “It was unlikely to happen but oh well, your necklaces are different.  Everything about you both are different.”

“Your parents gave theirs to you as a symbol of their undying love for you. They gave these,” his eyes pointing towards the necklace on both of the royal twins’ neck, “without realizing that the necklace would serve its purposes with you both as the new owners.”

“These necklaces, they are like a body with 2 souls. There is you and your parent too. Don’t you find it amazing how this small thing can hold such an important element?” Luhan was looking straight at their eyes as he spoke.

“The necklace keep your most crucial memories safe so that when in time of needs, you will be able to use them for your own good.”

“How does that work? I mean, forget about the dull details of how the memories seep into this necklace, but how do you use the memories hidden in it?” Kai questioned, the new information about the necklace is prickling his curiosity again.

Kyungsoo’s eyes flickered to his twin’s necklace, and he gulped down as it reminded him of something. “Can anyone simply see this memories if they touch our necklace?”

“Kyungsoo, you are asking the obvious question. I’m sure you know that only those who are allowed by the owner can view those memories.” Sehun answered with a wink, leaving the other completely flabbergasted.

“That is impossible—”he glanced at his twin again, the strange flashes of memories were racing in his mind much longer that he had intended.

“Trust me, I know how the magic works. I created it.”

Kyungsoo shook his head as if it will chaste away the disturbing memories from his head. He didn’t realized that Kai was staring at him suspiciously, wondering why it bothered him that much.

“Why Kyungsoo? Have you seen one of the memories?”

Kyungsoo’s widened eyes did nothing to help him covering his flustered face. “What—no, no, I haven’t. Of course, no. I just—” he tripped with his words a few times before he looked back at hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter