006

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“God, I feel like I’ve been sleeping forever to be this hungry.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he finished off his fifth bowl of stew. He couldn’t help it. The feeling of hunger was still lingering in his stomach. He glanced at Kai who had finished off his sixth bowl.

“Now that you mention it, do you know that you actually slept for a week after that incident?” It was more like a statement rather than a question that Lumia threw. She had already finished her food. Only the twins still remained on the table and continued stuffing their mouth with as much food as they can.

“Stop eating Kai, you look like a hungry beast rather than a human.” Eric stated, taking a seat beside the younger twin with a mug on his hand.

“Just let me finish my food before we continue with our argument, Eric.” The younger twin just bluntly said the words without even bothering to look at the older man. Kyungsoo, on the other hand had a frown on his face.

“I don’t understand. What incident?” The elders gave him a questioning gaze and they exchanged their glances once before Eric answered the question.

“You don’t remember fighting an army of black knights?” Eric asked with an eyebrow raised. The twins gave him a rather confused look before Kyungsoo said something. “Who is the black knight?”

“They are knights, like me but their uniform are all black, filthy black. They are not human like us, a lifeless creature made from black magic.” The older man’s face frowned as he imagined every details of the black army, they were a duplicate of him and his fellow comrades but unlike the knights who served their life to protect the King, the black knights were like puppet, move only if they were summoned by their creator.

           “I don’t remember myself fighting any of those... I just remember that there was this dark golden fire sparkled in between my fire and his.” His eyes narrowed to Kai who was sitting stiffly on his seat, his face was as serious as ever.

           “I can’t control it, I never had a problem to control my own fire and then suddenly it started to spread all over our body. I couldn’t stop it no matter how much I tried.” He added, his right hand was up on the table and he stared on his palm for awhile, reminiscing every bit of memories that he could remembers had happened on that day. Both Lumia and Eric listened to them tentatively. they have so many things to ask but they keep the questions by themselves for now...

           “It feels weird... Every fire that I used to control feels like they were a part of me but that one felt different, like they are...” The area in between his eyes scrunched as he tried to memorize the exact feelings that he felt.

           “A stranger...” Kai continued his older twin’s words. Their eyes meet each other for once and like they were talking to each other, the stares continued until Kai opened up his mouth again.

           “I still remember the pain rushing in my blood like a wildfire. That strange fire leads the pain all over my body until at one point, I felt numb. I felt absolutely nothing.” He said it with an intense tone and slides his hands through his hair once he finished talking.

           “What had happened to us?” Kyungsoo asked, blinking his big eyes a few times as he threw a questioning gaze to Lumia who sat beside him. She heaved a deep breath and leaned a bit on the chair.

           “It seems like you have lost yourselves to that mysterious fire...” She told them with a slow voice, almost sounded like she was whispering.

           “I don’t understand...that fire seems to have a mind of it owns, a soul of it owns...” There was a small frown on Kai’s face as he looked at his own hand.

           “Does it have something to do with the curse that we have?” Kyungsoo’s face darkened when he thought of it, the curse that was bind with their souls was just too mysterious to him. He knows less about it despite the fact that he and his twins will die because of it.

           “We don’t know about that yet, that is the first time we ever encounter such thing.” Lumia had her fingers on the tip of the mug, making a circle on it while her eyes stared at the empty space on the table.

           “Are we the first one?” The question from the younger twin grabbed the attention of everyone in that room. Lumia and Eric both have a questioning gaze in their eyes as they looked at Kai.

           “Are we the first one to suffer from this curse?” He asked before he threw his gaze towards his twin, they both looked at each other in the eyes again. Ever since they first met each other, there were less word said between them but most of the time their eyes would meet each other and they unconsciously send their thoughts to one another.

           Both of the elder remained in silence and it makes the youngest one anxious, there were so much he didn’t know and it suffocated him that he couldn’t even rationalized every single thing that had happened to him or his twins.

           “We know so less about the curse how can we find a way to break it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter