015

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness seemed to be so overwhelming in that place. The sound of swords clashing onto one another and the screaming and shouting of the people echoed in every inch of that place. Kyungsoo stood  in the midst of the crowd, swaying his sword to every enemy that came over his way. His blue flame danced around him as he killed another enemy.

“Kyungsoo!” He heard a familiar voice shouting his name from his back but he was too occupied in killing another enemy to even look  back.

“Damn it!” He heard the same voice growling and this time it was closer. He turned around as fast as he could only to be greeted by his younger twin’s back.

That place was  chaos and every sound that he could hear was muffled with one another,  yet he could still hear the sound of a sword stabbing into flesh. The sound of the metal slicing the flesh and went deeper until it crashed the bone. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened when he realized what is happening before his eyes but before he could do anything, a hand pushed him hard until he fell on his back.

“Kai!” That name escaped his mouth as his eyes widened in terror. He watched the end of the sword penetrate into his twin’s back before it was pulled out in a flash, leaving his twin to growl in  pain before that tall man fell onto his lap.

“No, Kai... NO!” He quickly grabbed his twin’s collar, dragging Kai’s body up so that Kai can lean on his chest.  He could hear the sound of his twin’s heart beating rapidly before it dropped slower. The tanned male’s face grimaced with pain as he clutched on his shirt that was drenched with his own blood.

Kyungsoo cursed. He was so lost. He didn’t know what to do when he saw Kai’s blood dripping on the ground, drenching his hands with blood in just a few seconds. He wanted to scream but no sound came out from his now sore throat.

“No, don’t close your eyes! Stay with me, Kai!” He shouted with the last bit of voice he could force out from his throat. A part of him was dying by the sight of his twin lying helplessly on his chest with half-closed eyes. He could feel the emptiness that started to fill in his heart. His mind went blank and slowly, he let the darkness to engulf him, swallowing him in just a few seconds while he was still clutching desperately on his twin’s body.

“No... This cannot be happening...!” His whisper was swallowed by the silence that had engulfed him and his lifeless twin.

“NO!”

.......................................................

“Kyungsoo...” A voice called him softly.

Kyungsoo’s eyes opened in a flash and his body jerked up as he inhaled deeply, the air as if his breath had flew away from him. His heart beating in a rhythm that was  faster than normal, pumping too much blood till his lungs felt suffocated. He choked on his own breath as he thumped on his chest a few times. He is awake now but his mind and his eyes were clouded by the darkness that seemed to have captured him in his nightmare. He was too frustrated to even try to get a better view out of his blurry sight.

“Kyungsoo... Hey...” He heard the same voice called him again as a hand laid gently on his shoulder.

“It’s just a nightmare...” That voice whispered softly onto his ear and he could feel his body relaxed a bit as a string of a calm and relieved feeling flew into his heart and mind.

“Everything is okay now...” Kyungsoo tilted his head a bit and saw someone kneeling beside him.

“Ilhoon...?” He called and the blonde beside him smiled warmly.

“You’re awake...” He muttered before he tapped lightly on the older twin’s shoulder.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo placed his palms on his face before he slid his hands up through his silky black hair. His breath sounded more even now than it was before so Ilhoon removed his hand off Kyungsoo’s shoulder and sat comfortably beside him.

“You had a nightmare.” He mumbled slowly, thinking that it was what Kyungsoo asked.

“No... I mean, what had happened to the green forest? Are we safe now?” He asked with a low voice. He felt exhausted after trying to escape his nightmare. Heck, every time it happened he could feel a part of his soul was ripped off from him.

So heartlessly ripped off...

“Ahhhh... That one....” Ilhoon mumbled again as if he was talking to himself rather than talking to Kyungsoo. The older twin nudged on his arm when he find the blonde taking too much time to answer his question.

“Are you going to answer me or not?” His voice sounded soft despite the harsh question.

“Well... it’s a rather complicated story so I suggest that you ask Eric about it when your twin is awake, okay?” His answer made Kyungsoo sigh deeply. He turned his head to his other side and caught his twin laid on the ground not far from him. Kai’s eyes were closed and his mouth opened slightly as he breathed, making his flat stomach to move in a slow rhythm.

“Is he okay?” Kyungsoo questioned, feeling a little too worried as the scenes in his nightmare fell onto his mind again.

“He’s fine. Don’t worry.” Ilhoon reassured.

“Where is Eric?” Kyungsoo asked again after he found Lumia settled down on a tree beside Kai, sleeping soundly as if she didn’t sleep the night before.

 Indeed, the three of them haven't slept yet because the twins spent the whole day sleeping like they would never wake up.

“Oh, our horses were gone so he went to find new ones for us.” The older twin nodded as he felt satisfied with the answer he got. The blonde got up on his feet and dusted off his trousers.

“Where are you going?” The blonde turned his head a bit and looked down on Kyungsoo before he tapped on his stomach.

“I haven’t eaten anything since last night so I need to find food before we all die of starvation.” He simply said that before he grabbed his arc and slung the strap over his shoulder. The sun is about to set in less than three hours so he had to hurry, not that he’s afraid of the dark, but he hated it.

Kyungsoo got up slowly and fixed his crumpled shirt. He wiped off the sweat that  was dripping on his jawline with the piece of  cloth that he found beside him. The blonde quickly turned around when he noticed that the older twin was standing behind him.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m coming with you.” Kyungsoo had a rather blank expression on his face and the blonde cocked a brow. “You should rest now.” Kyungsoo just ignored his words and walk past him.

“I had enough of that already. Plus, you’ll need my help.” He smirked as he placed his elbow on Ilhoon’s shoulder and leaned on him.

“Oh yeah? We’ll see  that.” Ilhoon muttered as he walked away, making the older twin to almost fall on the ground as his body lost its balance. He heard the blonde giggle before he followed him from behind.

The two walked in the woods for nearly half an hour before they spotted a deer sniffing on some bushes before it took a bite of the leaves and chewed them slowly. They crawled silently and hid behind the biggest tree they could find.

“There is our dinner.” Ilhoon mouthed. He took out his arc from his shoulder and took the best position he could get to shoot the deer. Kyungsoo knelt a few steps away from him and watched in  silence. The deer let out a small cry of agony when the arrow shot its heart and it fell on the ground, it convulsed a few times before it stopped moving.

“I hate the fact that we have to be so cruel in order to survive.” Kyungsoo muttered as Ilhoon checked on the dead deer.

He loved animals. They were his only friends throughout his lonely childhood years. The fact that he can speak and understand them makes it easier for him to befriend with them. He didn't blame Ilhoon for killing that deer. People do that for living because no matter how hurtful that truth was, he knew those animals are prey for a predator like them, just like how they’re a prey for those predators out there.

The blonde tilted his head a bit and looked at the older twin. “That is life. Everyone is selfish in their own way because they want to survive.” He took out his arrow from the dead deer and cleaned it up.

“Don’t tell me you’re vegetarian because if you are, we need to find something for you to eat too.” Ilhoon said with wide eyes, earning a hit on his head from Kyungsoo.

“Silly. I eat meat too.” He mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter