003

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eric’s expression changed when he heard the sudden question. He looked so serious. The older man sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He didn't know much about the siblings, because he had been isolating himself when he took care of the baby.

Despite his curious mind, the protective side of him always stopped him from showing himself and the heir of Fierra to public. He was afraid that it will only cause danger to the boy. Eric did try to collect some information regarding the new king and the fate of all the royal families but he didn't get much. Eric closed his eyes as a small frown appeared on his face.

Kai titled his head a bit, looking at the man who raised him. A small chuckle can be heard from him as he ruffled his own hair. Eric opened his eyes and looked at the young man immediately, confused by his sudden chuckles.

“You seriously look like a grandpa when you make that face.” Kai said with a teasing smile. He had his hands crossed over his chest as he leaned on the black beetle’s giant body.

“I’m not that old.” Eric growled as he glared at the young man.

“Whatever you say Eric, whatever you say.” His tone sounded more like teasing than agreeing as he walked past the older man. The giant black beetle followed closely behind him.

Eric sighed as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. He wondered if Lumia was experiencing the same headache as he had with Kai. He would be lying if he didn't think of how it would be if he was the one who had to take care of the older twin but then he shook his head lightly. They are twins anyway. More or less, they had to have similarities with each other.

Kai stopped in front of a huge tree which looked five times bigger than a normal one. Two average-sized huts hung securely on the big branches. He looked up before he turned around to the black beetle.

“Why did you follow me anyway? Don’t you want to go home? You’re safe now. I won’t let anyone hurt you anymore.” He said with a soft voice as he stepped closer to the giant beetle. It made a sound that made Kai laugh and his eyes brightened as he petted the insect.

“Okay, you can stay. I’m not asking you to leave, if you're wondering.” Kai said with a bright voice, he looked at the giant insect as if he can understand what it said. He flipped his body backward and jumped up to the big tree, he was about to climb up to the tree house before he turned around and looked down at the beetle.

“What’s your name again?” He asked, the area between his eyes frowned as he tried to remember the name he heard before. The black beetle let out another sound and Kai chuckled softly.

“Alright, don’t be mad Temos. I’ll remember your name next time. I’ll see you tomorrow okay!” Kai winked to Temos before he climbed up and reached one of the tree house. He quickly made his way inside his room and took off his mask. He was used of wearing it since he was still a child. Eric had always warned him to be more careful and cautious not to reveal himself to anyone since his curiosity always took over, he ended up wearing a mask each time he went out, lurking here and there.

When he loosened up his jacket a bit, a weird-shaped necklace could be seen hanging around his neck. He caught the necklace and rubbed his thumb on it. His expression saddened as he felt the emptiness in his heart. He had always felt that way every time he touched the necklace, it was like a part of him was not here.

Kai shook his head a bit when a sudden headache attacked. The floor under his feet started to spin and cold sweats ran down his pale face. It’s coming again, he can feel it. The image of the people he never met appeared on his mind when his eyes turned to a complete white. He fell on his knees when felt it weaken a minute after the image knocked onto his senses.

“Kai, do you still want to-- Kai!!” Eric shouted as he rushed to the room. He quickly grabbed the younger man’s trembling body and try to get him back to his senses but the younger man just growled in pain.

He couldn’t see everything clearly but he recognize the young man who stood in front of him. His eyes were bigger than Kai's and was a bit shorter than him. They stiffened as they stared at each other. At that moment, Kai feel complete, as if he has found his other half. They looked at each other for awhile before the pain started to build inside of him. His face grimaced before the image of the young man disappeared from his sight.

“Kai!” Eric shouted in relief as soon as the younger man coughed. Kai's eyes were back to normal but he still looked as pale as a ghost. The older man helped him get up and sit on the bed. Kai closed his eyes as he tried to take a deep breath, with his face drenched with sweats.

“I.... I saw him... again...” That was the last thing that came out from his mouth before he collapsed on Eric’s shoulder. His tanned skin looked even paler than it was before. Eric carefully laid the boy on his bed before he placed his palm on Kai's forehead. Eric sighed, feeling the boy's burning skin. How he wished Lumia was here to treat the sick boy.

.................................................................

Kai’s body stirred slightly as his eyes fluttered open. His whole body felt like it's been hit by a thunderstorm. He heaved a deep breath as he tried to sit up. Suddenly, a pair of hands helped him when he struggled to support his own body. He titled his head to Eric, the older man already took a seat on a chair beside his bed.

“How long have I been sleeping this time?” Kai asked while massaging his forehead. He was still feeling a little dizzy after the whole incid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter