029

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My writing skill has deflatened itself since the past few months. I apologize beforehand. /bows/

 

0050 suse, Tamara.

 

                       

“NO!!”

The twins’ voice screeched over what could be the remaining walls of the castle. Smokes danced around them in the air while the fire spread across the floor like an excited child. 

Sehun felt his heart stopped for a second as he watched the golden ashes flew with the wild wind around the child. Xiah was smiling widely now, the tip of his lips stretched upward, revealing his hidden dimples. The child was beautiful, stunning with his red hair and pale skin. His head tilted back as he spread his arms wide with a ridiculously big smile on his face, and then slowly, he rose from the ground. The wind was lifting him in the air until he was up to par with Sehun.

“What a pleasant surprise,” the child muttered as he locked eyes with Sehun again. “The mysterious twins are paying a lowly being like me a visit.”

The younger twin’s lips twitched as the words sank into his head. The tiny bit of familiarity seep into his mind as he looked into the child’s blank eyes. The way he said them reminded him of someone.

“You sound too much like an old friend of ours for my liking.”

“Oh, maybe I do know…” he paused, the smile on his face disappeared into a flat line again, “that friend of yours.”

“Glad to know that you’ve met him,” Luhan chided in. He was floating right behind Xiah, a few steps distancing them both from each other. “Now everything makes even more sense.”

The child spun around almost too quickly, as if his body was burning in fire, and then he stood haughtily in front of the older twin. His stance was proud but Luhan caught the trembles in his fist and the way his eyes widened as he face him. He wondered if it was fears or angers, curious to know which one is worst; the child’s angers or his unspoken fears.

“You don’t understand,” he grunted, “this power you gave to us, it isn’t a gift! It’s a nightmare!”

A frown gradually forming on Luhan’s face as he listen to the child’s words. “Why would it be a nightmare to you?” he question carefully.

There was some unsettling feelings in his stomach, they were twisting the knot of fears that had formed during those years of guarding Tamara. He knew very well how there will be days that a decision have to be made and then, there will be another days where a decision becomes a regret. It was a learning phase for all of them, but the price they have to pay was not easy.

“I keep hearing them in my head,” the child strung both hand through his hair, clawing them as he bend his body forward in frustration, “—fighting over who is stronger. It was as if they were alive, whatever these things you have buried in us.” He looked up back at Luhan, hands still clawing on his hair.

“They left me alone,” he added. His eyes were wandering on the corpses and ashes of bones and skin of his family members on the ground, “said I was different, that I frightened them with all my talks about those noises. They don’t care about me.”

Luhan stole a glance at his younger brother. There was blood on his lower lips, the result of his continuous biting and chewing. The nudging feelings in his stomach doesn’t seem to fade even as he fixed his eyes back to the child. He wondered if their decision to give the core to the royal families is giving this much pains to them. He was questioning himself if they were the reason of the child’s suffering.

Truthfully, he was sorry for not knowing about the child sooner but then, even he knew that the word ‘sorry’ isn’t the most promising word to utter now. The last thing he wants is to ignite more flame in the child’s anger.

“But why are you doing these, Xiah?” Sehun asked, “Why did you killed them?”

The child glanced behind his shoulder, Sehun was still standing not far from him and there was that smirk again, slipping it way on his lips. “Isn’t it obvious?”

The wind spun around them slowly as he speaks, “to put an end to all of this.”

“What you are doing right now will only hurt you in the end,” Luhan lifted his right hand slowly and hold it out in front of the mad child, offering him to take his hand. “You are not alone, Xiah. Come with us, we’ll help you.” He offered gently.

The child only stared at the outstretched hand before their eyes met again, “don’t you think it’s too late for this?”

“Trust me, it never is.”

For a moment, they caught a slight breeze touching their skin, the breeze was cold, almost like an ice despite the blaring fire around them. The twins sneak a glance at their protection wall, searching for any cracks that had caused the icy breeze but they found nothing.

Luhan stared back at the child’s eyes—the eyes which were no longer a blank canvas, they were back to normal, making the child looked even more beautiful. There were hints of innocence in his small eyes, sadness b with tears as he speak for the last time.

“I had prayed for this day to come, for someone to hold their hand out for me,” he closed his eyes, letting the tears to fall on his pale cheeks, “but can’t you see? I have lost the battle of the demons inside of me.”

The next time he opened his eyes, white is the only one left and the evil smirk was back on his lips. The twins’ eyes widened as they grab their neck and spurting out choking groans as they struggled to breathe. The child chuckled as he makes a clawing motion with his spread hands.

He was the air out of twins’ lungs, chocking them both to the brink of death. His expression only proved that he'd stopped at nothing, not even to the almighty Keepers of Tamara. He need and he will put an end to his own misery.

“Se—hun!” The older twin grunted as he struggled to pry off the invisible force around his throat.

It took what felt like eternity before his fuzzy sight caught a glimpse of a flying axe and the invisible grip on his throat was released. The child stared at his bleeding arm and the broken wall around him. Sehun had managed to throw his axe just in time to stop the child from killing them both. The older twin knew that his brother had always has better control over his weapon compared to him, he was more prone of using spells most of the time.

The twins in the air greedily, their wall of protection still intact around them despite the child’s intrusion. It seemed like, even their protection wall couldn’t shield them from the child’s power. He could easily manipulates the air around them anytime he wants.

Sehun felt another breeze on his face and the next thing he knows, he was hit by a strong force, the blow sending him flying across the half collapsed wall behind him. Red blood were dripping from his head as he retrieved his balance back. Luhan was in tight fist battle with the child when he looked up at them—Xiah had his hands on both of the older twin’s fist, holding him immobilized in his firm grips. The fire around them swung dangerously close to them both.

“Xiah, don’t do this.” Luhan pleaded one last time but all that he can see in the child blank eyes were fury and despise. He wasn’t even surprised when he was sent toppling over to the ground with one single push. He made a strong push with his wings and he was back into the air again. The fire on the ground shot up to him as he soared up, it was the answer that the fuming child had given to him.

 “Aregro!” he shouted, splitting the child’s fire into two part and stopping it from burning him to ashes.

“You don’t give us any choice,” the older twin spoke before he glance towards his twin, “Sehun,”

The younger twin nodded briefly and the tip of his outstretched hand glowed with a small blinding light, “Morento!”

The light burst out from Sehun’s fingers, creating a huge lightning bolt that was twice longer than their axe. The bolt ooze a hissing sound as he raised it above his head; ready to strike the child from behind.

The winds around them gradually changed, forming a big circle of growing storm and capturing them in the middle of it. There were fire amongst the storm, both elements were joining force with the child’s command.

“Your anger will only destroy you, Xiah!” Sehun shouted from behind, the bolt was still in his firm hold. “Stop this now!” A string of blood staining his sleek white ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter