021

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was so dark in that cave.

The deeper they went, the darker it became. Kyungsoo let out a small flame from his palm as they were walking, and Kai did the same too. They let the two flames float in the air before they merged into one, lighting up the cave with the golden flame.

The twins just looked at the flame without a word. It’s funny how their own fire fit each other so well, and yet, the twins can’t even have a proper conversation by themselves.

It was quite ironic.

The walk inside of the cave seemed to take forever, and the fact that none of them even bothered to say a thing made it even worse. They followed the black fog like they were possessed by it, unaware of the dangers that might be lurking. Their mind become blank the moment their steps followed the fog into the deeper part of the cave. They hadn’t realized that the fog had become thicker by now, making the ground in front of them almost invisible.

Kyungsoo stopped a few times. He felt like there was something lingering around his foot, tickling his ankles, and by the time he looked down on the ground, he was surprised to find that the ground beneath them was covered with the black fog too. He hadn’t noticed it before and he got this sudden weird feeling messing with his stomach. It felt as if something bad was about to happen.

He felt something moving on his foot again and he caught a string of black fog lingering around his ankles, making a circle on it like a rope. A realization struck him at that moment and this time, a curse escaped from his plump lips.

“!” the black string pulled his foot harshly, making him fall on the ground, face first.

The sudden loud thud caught Kai’s attention. He turned around and was greeted by the sight of his twin, laying flat on the ground while wiping his bleeding nose. Kyungsoo didn’t even bother to look up at him. The older one seemed too preoccupied with the blood running down from his nose.

“What the he—” Kai paused when a string of black fog - the same one Kyungsoo saw - captured his right wrist.

A single ‘oh’ escaped his mouth before he was pulled by the hand, and disappeared into the darkness. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was trying to get up, his nose still has a trace of blood. But before he could even get onto his knees, another force dragged him to the same direction as Kai.

“You have got to be kidding me.” He groaned and rolled on his back. He gathered a big flame on his hands real quick, and threw it ahead. The flame exploded, but he couldn’t see anything in front of him.

It managed to stop him from being dragged though.

He got on his feet back, dusting off his trousers while his doe-like eyes studied the darkness. He didn’t plan on using his flame in this kind of situation.

It was silent for a few seconds before a loud thud was heard, and the dirt beside him flew off to the air as if something had fell on the ground. He was ready to defend himself, but he retreated when he saw his twin struggling to get up.

Kai’s hair was a mess, so does his clothes. He got a cut on his left eyebrow, which was currently bleeding. 

“What the hell happened to you?” Kyungsoo’s voice was rather calm despite the situation they were in.

“Try to get yourself hanging in the air upside down. Trust me, it’s not fun,” Kai gritted his teeth, “...at all.” he made sure the last two words came out like a threat, but Kyungsoo just raised a brow to him. He knew exactly what had happened to him.

“Now can we stop playing hide-and-seek already?” Kai growled, asking to nobody in particular, because the one attacked them remained in the dark.

He flicked his fingers, and a red flame appeared. He let it float in the air, and it went slowly ahead, lighting up the cave a bit. The red flame floated higher, revealing something to the twins. They saw the same black fog they’ve been following, but this time the fog sort of formed a figure, bigger than both of them. The black fog was up till it reached the cave’s wall, and it somehow formed something that was covered with a scale-like-texture.

Kyungsoo and Kai both had their heads held up high, as the flame moved closer and the black fog disappeared. Something big moved slowly towards the flame, revealing its face to the twins. The first thing that caught their attention was the long and slender tongue, which was slightly divided into two ends. A loud hiss could be heard along with the tongue, as it moved in and out of the large mouth.

They couldn’t help but widen their eyes as they realized what they are confronting now. It was a snake, and to make it worse, it’s not any normal snake, it’s a giant snake with scales as black as Kai’s hair and eyes as red as their blood.

The two red orbs were staring at the twins' direction, and they held their breath at the sight before their eyes. Nobody told them about this creature, let alone the way to defeat it.

Kai’s red flame was gone by the time them both exchanged their glances. Shocked was the word to describe their expression.

Another loud hiss was heard, and the twins quickly jumped to each side of the cave. Big stones fell off from the cave’s wall as the giant snake shoved its head onto the ground, exactly where the twins were standing seconds ago.

The snake moved again and attacked Kai. He managed to jump up to its head, and hit it as hard as he can. The giant snake growled in pain before it shook its head violently, dropping Kai on the ground harshly. The younger twin hissed in pain before he got back on his feet again.

Kyungsoo was running on the other side, creating a ball of blue flame before he threw it to the snake. The fireball exploded just below its head, but surprisingly, it didn’t affect the giant creature, at all.

“It’s not working!” he exclaimed.

Kai, took note of that, let his flame covered his fist before he ran toward the snake, aiming its head again. The younger one jumped up high enough to reach its head, and punched it till it nearly crash on the ground. Kyungsoo, who was just below them, quickly jumped up and hit it from below, making it crash on the cave’s wall.

The snake wailed for a moment, then with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter