004

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The middle-aged lady sat silently on her chair, leaning her body onto the warm cushion. She was busy knitting a brown coloured sweater for nobody in particular. She just did it to kill some time.

Lumia had to admit that she had less free time when the older twin was younger. He had grown up into a strong and handsome man throughout those years. She felt like a proud mother every time she watched him practicing his ability. Every once in awhile, Lumia challenged him to a fight where she will win eventually. But she assumed it was because the young man refused to use even half of his own power.

“Knitting a sweater again, Lumia? Come on, winter only takes place by the end of the year.” Kyungsoo, the older twin stepped into the small main hall and made his way in front of the lady and sat down. Their home was just a small wooden house near a lake, since Lumia really loved water. The interior was pretty simple, and wasn't that eye-catching but enough to make one feel comfortable and at home.

 “Oh, shut up Kyungsoo. I’m bored and I don’t have anything to do anyway.” She continued her knitting and ignored the young man.

He pouted and rested his chin on the wooden table, “I’m starving Lumia. Can you please make me something to eat?” He blinked his big eyes adorably to her, hoping that she would want to make something for a hungry kitty like him. She stopped knitting and put the unfinished sweater at the table.

“You seriously remind me of your mother when you made that face.” Lumia said as she walked past him to the kitchen. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and followed her quietly like an obedient pet. He has always been like that each time his stomach starved for a food.

“I am?” He saw her nodded her head lightly as an answer. It wasn't the first time he heard something like that from her but eventually, he will throw her some questions just to satisfy his curiosity.  

“Well, only if she wants something from me.” Lumia added as an explanation to her answer before she grabbed a few pieces of bread from the cupboard. Boa, the princess of Lamilla had always acted cute and adorable whenever she wanted something from Lumia. But as time went by, the princess became more mature than what Lumia expected, especially when she got married to Prince Yunho.

“Tell me more about her. Do I really resemble her that much?” Kyungsoo asked, he was leaning his slim body on the wall. His eyes flickered with curiosity as he watched the older lady do her work.

 “I thought you want to eat?” She asked him teasingly and a smile spread on his plump lips.

“Fine, I’ll have the answer once I’m done eating my food.” He said as he urged her to prepare the food quickly. A soft laughter could be heard from the middle-aged lady but Kyungsoo just rubbed on his empty stomach and ignored her.

..................................................................

“Are you sure that there are only two people who lived in that house near that lake?” One of the five men asked. He was wearing a loose black shirt with a shabby dark brown trouser. His short brown hair was combed neatly to the back and his chin were covered with a short yet messy bread. The rest of them weren't decent-looking. One of them even looked like he just came out from a dirty hole as dirt covered some of his shirt.

“Yes. A young man and an old lady who seems to be pretty helpless.” The one with the blond hair answered, a smirk appeared on his face as he rubbed his chin with his thumb.

“I doubt if there is any valuable things that's worth it for us to take from that house.” The one beside the blond said, he was the tallest among them and his long black hair tied lousily behind his shoulder.

“Don’t underestimate that small hut, Rick. Remember the last time we robbed an old house at Elearnos?” The man with a dirty white shirt asked as he was leaning his big body on a tree. All of them were sitting in around a bonfire while some of them leaned on some random tree nearby them. Elearnos was one of the cities in Tarun, the earth kingdom. It wasn’t the wealthiest city as most of the people there loved to live in a small and old looking house, however, there were some things beyond what the eyes can see.

“That house was full of food. It was more than enough for our one month food supply.” He said with a satisfied smile. The other men nodded their head in agreement and the man called Rick rubbed his neck before him too, nodded in agreement.

Little did the five of them know, a man with a full black leather jacket and trouser sat carefully on one of the tree branch not too far from them. The darkness of the night hid him from the eyes of the group of robbers. His familiar mask covered his nose and his mouth, leaving his eyes that flickered with curiosity. He had been listening to their conversation since the beginning and his instinct told him that he needed to stop those five robbers from taking a step near the wooden house they’re talking about.

“So, when should we move our off to that house?” The last men who have yet spoken a word finally throw his question to his fellow friends.

“What about.... Never?” the masked young man jumped off in front of them and like an old habit of him, he titled his head a bit while looking at each one of them. The five men quickly got on their feet as soon as the stranger greeted them.

“It looks like we have an uninvited guest to our party.” The one with the brown hair said. A smirk appeared on his lips.

“Five against one? That’s pretty unfair, isn’t it?” The masked young man asked while he blinked his eyes innocently to the rest of them. Evil laughter could be heard after he said that. The five robbers actually found him amusing.

“Who the hell are you anyway?” One of them asked and the masked young man’s eyes sparkled with excitement.

“Oh yes, I haven’t introduce myself yet. Such a rude guest I have been. My name is Kai, gentlemen.” He said as he waved his right hand in a circle and bowed his body a bit in a mocking manner. Some of the robbers growled at his sarcasm.

“What do you want from us?” The tallest among them tried to negotiate. Kai’s eyes brightened a bit. It’s pretty unusual for him that someone like that man cared to throw him a question in a rather polite manner.

“I have nothing but one request. Leave that house alone.” Kai stated his request, his voice sounded soft yet definitely threatening.

“And why do you think we would abide to your request?” The blonde one asked and Kai smirked beneath his black mask.

“Yeah, since a person like you even bothered to stop us. I bet, there’s something so valuable there!” The shortest one among them said confidently.Tthe rest of them nodded their head with an eager smile playing on their lips.

“Because if you don’t...” He paused for a second before he continued it, “I will have to kill you.” A growl can be heard from the robbers’ side and the place tensed up after Kai finished his sentence. The leaves on the trees danced vigorously as the wind blew strongly around that place. The dark night brightened up as the full moon revealed itself from behind a pack of clouds. Kai’s long and tough feet stood strongly on the ground. His body straightened as he consciously looked straight to all five of them.

“You foolish young man!” The blonde one stormed angrily towards Kai. His eyes burned with anger and a fist made of his large fingers flew straight to Kai’s face. He ducked and successfully avoided the punch but he quickly got up and elbowed the blonde’s back neck, causing him to collapse on the ground with a painful moan escaping his throat. The rest of his friends stepped back as their eyes widened in surprise.

Kai doesn’t have the intention to kill any of them if it wasn’t for his hatred to people like them. Although he and Eric lived farther from the civilisation, he had always been sneaking around in towns and villages he randomly picked.

Once, he had met a group

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter