007

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            It was already dawn when Kyungsoo woke up from his sleep. He looked around lazily with his sleepy eyes and found an empty bed beside him. He wasn’t surprised by it since his twin has left the bed untouched since the past two days and it worrying him a bit because he wondered if Kai had enough rest before they start their long journey.

The big  eyes guy got up from his bed and slided his hands through his short black hair. The noises from outside of the open door grabbed his attention before he found himself walking out of the small bedroom. He stood on something that looked like a balcony made out of strong planks and wood, he was amazed by how Eric had managed to build such a sturdy house on a tree all by himself.

The older twin looked around on the ground and caught his brother, Kai sitting on the ground with his back leaning against one of the tree nearby the tree house. He knew by the look of it that something was bothering his younger twin. Kyungsoo jumped off to the lower branch and landed near his twin who was looking up to him, surprised that he was awake as early as that.

“You haven’t slept a bit since the last two days.” He spoke as he stepped closer to his twin. The morning breeze that greet his body doesn’t seem to trouble him although he didn’t have his jacket on. He forgot to wear it before he came down but it was not a problem to him at all since he could always warm his body with his ability.

“I’m not sleepy, that’s why...” Kai replied lazily, he had his head back to look at nowhere in particular.

“We’ve been sleeping for a week remembers?” It wasn’t a question, more likely to be a statement from him. Kyungsoo frowned when he felt the bitterness in his twin’s voice but he shrugged it off. He had himself leaning against the tree beside Kai and watched his twin closely.

“I know but you should get some sleep, you might need it before we go to Lamilla.” They were going to take off by this morning but he would be happy to ask Eric to delay it if his twin wants to get some rest first but Kai shook his head slowly, refusing to agree with his older twin.

Kyungsoo sighed. “Something seem to be bothering you, is everything okay?” He knew that both of them are not that comfortable with each other yet. He can still feel the awkwardness in the air but he wanted to make sure that his younger twin is doing just fine; he cares for him although they have been separated for eighteen years.

The other man shook his head again and gOT on his feet slowly. “It’s nothing.” He was about to walk away from Kyungsoo when that man grabbed his shoulder and stopped him from walking.

“You can talk to me if you want to...” Kyungsoo said with his concern voice, he loosen his grip on the younger’s shoulder and tried to force a smile but it only come out as an awkward smile.

Kai took a deep breath and narrowed his eyes to his twin. He wasn’t fond of people getting their way in his business because he was used to deal with everything by himself, why would someone cares for it now?

“I told you, it’s nothing.” His voice was firm and bitter but Kyungsoo wasn’t going to give up on it just yet.

He was as stubborn as his twin was. “Your face says the otherwise.”

The younger one turned around and stared at his twin’s concern face.

“You don’t seem to be bothered to look for me back then, why does it bother you now that something is troubling my mind?” The older one eyes wide in surprised but he looked away and leave Kyungsoo stunned by his words. Instead of anger, it was hurt that flashed on his small eyes when he walked away from his brother.

Kyungsoo stood stiffly at the same spot, too surprised by his twin’s word to even react on it. He watched as his twin disappeared in between the bushes and trees, a sigh escaped from his plump lips as he hung his head low. He should know that was coming but he couldn’t say anything to Kai because his twin was right, he doesn’t seem to be bothered to look for Kai back then because he was afraid.

It’s true... He was a coward...

...................................................

Eric tucked in his sword inside it sheath that was placed neatly on his belt. Although he didn’t wear his knight’s uniform anymore but the aura that he give off were still the same, he was still the fierce knight he used to be before. Lumia stopped her feet and stood beside the knight, a warm smile spread on her lips as she exchanged glance with the guy beside him.

“Are you guys ready to go now?” Eric called out as he looked at each one of them. The twins nodded their head lightly before they grabbed the older man’s shoulder, Lumia did the same thing too and with a nod from Eric, all of them disappeared from that place.

In a blink of second they could feel their body were pulled into another place, it was not painful at all but it felt weird to feel that your body were dragged to some other place and before you can even took your second breathe, you were already stand in a complete different place.

Kyungsoo gasped in surprised when he can’t feel his right feet touching the ground and before he could even tried to balance his body, he was falling off the cliff. “Kyungsoo!” Lumia screamed her lungs out but Kai managed to grab Kyungsoo’s wrist, the muscles on the younger twin’s face tightened as he tried to lift him up from the slope.

“ Eric, next time watch where you landed!” Kai growled as he pulled up his twin and dragged him up next to him. His breathing was as heavy as his twin who lie down next to him. Sweats were trailing off to his face as he tried to get up with the help of Eric.

Lumia rushed to the older twin who was still breathing heavily but he managed to get on his feet by his own. He looked at Kai and waited until his twin turned to look at his face. “Thank you Kai.” He whispered and his younger twin nodded his head lightly.

“Sorry...” was the only word that escaped from Eric mouth as he checked on the older twin’s condition. Kyungsoo shook his head lightly and threw him a bright smile to assure that he was completely fine with it.

“Whoa...” Kai stood a few steps away from the slope with his hands on his waist, his jaw dropped as he looked at the beautiful scenery in front of him. A beautiful waterfall can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter